30 years since the death of John Lennon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spydergirl
I posted this thread up because I wanted to know peoples' reactions and how they felt.
I personally am sad but since he wasn't around in my lifetime, I'm not heartbroken like alot of his older fans are.

(for those of you who don't know who John Lennon is, he was a british singer in the band called "The Beatles". When the band split up and he and his wife moven and lived in New York until he was killed by Mark David Chapman in 1980)

K J H
Same for me wasnt even born back then ive got some of his songs on my mp3 player hes my favorite member from the Beatles it is sad
and for the reason he was killed if i remember right mark chapman did it because he wanted to be someone

Darth Orcus
Yes, I remember it well: it was a pretty dull Christmas with my parents' hippy friends thinking the Age of Aquarius had come and gone before it started. Only later did I discover what they were missing; to me he was just a guy who wrote songs up until then...

spydergirl
I read that Mark Chapman was sort of mentally impaired and Lennon skipped over him when he was signing autographs and that set him off.
I'm not even sure if that was the truth or not all I know is that one of my favorite songs that John Lennon sung was "Imagine". I have it on my iPod along with a whole bunch of Beatles songs.

Bardock42
Originally posted by spydergirl
(for those of you who don't know who John Lennon is, he was a british singer in the band called "The Beatles". When the band split up and he and his wife moven and lived in New York until he was killed by Mark David Chapman in 1980)

The Beatles? That doesn't sound right. I don't think there was a band called "Beatles" for one, I think it's spelled Beetles.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
The Beatles? That doesn't sound right. I don't think there was a band called "Beatles" for one, I think it's spelled Beetles.

Wah?

It's a joke...right?

K J H
One of my favorites is Oh My Love

spydergirl
Originally posted by Bardock42

No, there was actually a british band called "The Beatles." It started around the 1960s which is why you probably never heard of it.

a beetle are those creepy little black bugs that you find crawling around during the spring.

If you don't believe me, then google it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.