Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy

Morridini
And here's a short teaser trailer; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/uncharted-3-spike-tv/708257

Seeing as Uncharted 2 is probably the best game of the last decade, I am really looking forward to the next one.

EDIT: Oh, and here's also the five first screenshots; http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/094/094314/imgs_1.html
Thought about embedding them, but they got a very weird format.

No End N Site
Just had a heart attack...this is gonna be good!

Phanteros
Sweet.

Phanteros
MlDXkH3oQ08

Morridini
And here's the full trailer, anyone know if they mean the eleventh or January or first of November?

imxYEIScL8o

BackFire
November 1st.

Morridini
Thanks, I guess since it was aired at VGA it should be obvious that they would use the US system over the international one.

Grinning Goku
I'm a hardcore fan of this series. It's like an awesome game and action and adventure movie all in one.

Smasandian
I wonder if they will keep up with the previous game. That game was bloody awesome.

Stoic
I only had one problem with the Uncharted games, and that is that they were too short.

Barker
Buying a PS3 just for this game. I played the shit out of 2 on my friends and he finally told me to just get my own.

srankmissingnin
UuU0Yrqw8Lo

Look out Commander Shepard, Drake's getting warmed up to take GOTY 2011. cool

Smasandian
I wouldn't be surprised if Mass Effect 3 gets released in 2012.

srankmissingnin
Anyone have any luck getting matches in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?

S_D_J
Haven't finished downloading it yet. Though it was impossible for me with Killzone 3, I hope I can get some gaming done before it expires

S_D_J
So was finally able to play yesterday (after a freaking update drove me nuts cuz it wouldn't download) It was fun

anybody else?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by S_D_J
So was finally able to play yesterday (after a freaking update drove me nuts cuz it wouldn't download) It was fun

anybody else?

Yeah after the update everything was good. I was getting a lot of matches yesterday... unfortunately I was playing replaying Red Dead for the week prior to the beta so I was spoiled by the snap on targeting... so I got killed... a lot. Hehe

Tons of fun. Wish there was more than two maps, but it is just a beta, the full release is sure to be great.

batdude123
The last week of the Beta, Yemen will be available as a map.

srankmissingnin
I'm surprised there isn't more activity in this thread. Everyone knows that they all got one month free of Plus in the welcome back package, so everyone who owns a PS3 has access the the UC3 beta? Come on guys, you might as well get on the UC train before it slaughters all challengers (sorry Skyrim) and wins virtually every major gamesite's GOTY award again later this year. This the sequel to the most critical acclaimed game of the generation, lets get a discussion going.

Morridini
I've played the beta, and the multiplayer is not fun. I can't put my finger on it, but the Uncharted 3 multiplayer doesn't come anywhere near the fun of Uncharted 2.

S_D_J
I disagree

I'm having so much fun with the Beta, love the kickbacks and co-op

I wish there were a couple more maps though... but since it's just a beta

I've only played twice (I'm barely at level 11), but I find it quite addictive

Morridini
But have you played Uncharted 2's multiplayer?

srankmissingnin
I disagree

I'm having so much fun with the Beta, love the kickbacks and co-op

I wish there were a couple more maps though... but since it's just a beta

I've only played twice (I'm barely at level 11), but I find it quite addictive

Yeah I agree. It's only a Beta but I do wish there was more than two, that said the maps are a lot more dynamic and three dimensional than UC2. The kickbacks and boosters, are fun and the buffs the losing team gets periodically in the team deathmatches makes the fights a lot more interesting. So far am having a lot more fun then I did in UC2 multiplayer. I love playing the three team deathmatch with my brother.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Morridini
But have you played Uncharted 2's multiplayer?

Yeah I have. It's awesome.

But I after a while i got bored... this one is quite addicting IMHO

I expect more modes from the finished game, but the buddy system its nice, the kickbacks are great touches

Co-op arena is fun, much more fun than it was in U2, I love how the objetives changes.

Team deathmatch has a cinematic feel as well, and I love how the environments can be destroyed... though it doesn't have that big of an impact in gameplay, but it's nice

Being in a shootout inside an speeding airplane it's awesome

I usually get bored quickly with MP, it just isn't for me, but I found myself drawn to this one even when it's just a simple beta, the sense of progression is rewarding, even when I suck at it, I'm still getting some things big grin

S_D_J
I don't like Hunter... I've only played once, though

I don't understand what's the point.

the first time I played everyone quit, I tried to play it again and it never found players no expression

I want Co-op arena back

srankmissingnin
Went to Subway last week to get the free month early Uncharted 3 multilayer access... United States only. Broke my heart. Oh well, I had just seen a commercial for an Angus Steak sub that looked pretty good so I thought it wouldn't be a complete loss... the sub was United States only too. sad

Anyone playing early access multiplayer? Is it any good? How is it different from the beta.

Super excited for this game. GOTY 2011, confirmed. Sorry Batman / Skyrim, Drakes got your number. cool

S_D_J
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Went to Subway last week to get the free month early Uncharted 3 multilayer access... United States only. Broke my heart. Oh well, I had just seen a commercial for an Angus Steak sub that looked pretty good so I thought it wouldn't be a complete loss... the sub was United States only too. sad

Anyone playing early access multiplayer? Is it any good? How is it different from the beta.

Super excited for this game. GOTY 2011, confirmed. Sorry Batman / Skyrim, Drakes got your number. cool

Anybody willing to drink a soda on my behalf and pass the code?
big grin

yeah, it sucks it's only in the States... but I have an US PSN account, so the above was a serious joke stick out tongue

Smasandian
I forgot about this game being released in a couple of weeks.

Damn fall/winter!!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Smasandian
I forgot about this game being released in a couple of weeks.

Damn fall/winter!!

Yeah it's about to get crazy. Batman, Uncharted, then Skyrim.

My grades are going to get kicked in the nuts. sad

Barker
I preordered this game like last December and haven't thought about it since except for E3.

Time to play some Among Thieves..

srankmissingnin
I'm losing my mind waiting for this game! My brother and I alternate purchases. I bought Arkham City so he got Uncharted 3... but now I have to wait until he beats it to play. sad

S_D_J
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm losing my mind waiting for this game! My brother and I alternate purchases. I bought Arkham City so he got Uncharted 3... but now I have to wait until he beats it to play. sad

shouldn't Uncharted take less time to complete than B:AC?

Demonic Phoenix
^ Much less. Even without including the Riddler Campaigns, there's a lot to do in Story Mode.

Anyway, UC3 is amazing. I don't quite feel that it is as good as UC2 in terms of overall gameplay, but the presentation is better.
Escaping from a burning building has never been so thrilling, srsly.

S_D_J
in two weeks, that's hopefully when I'll get my hands on the game no expression

MooCowofJustice
So am I like the only person here that hates these games?

Demonic Phoenix
Is it just me, or are the shootouts in Uncharted 3 a lot more annoying than the shootouts in the other games?
There were some shootouts on Normal difficulty that annoyed the crap out of me. no expression

AsbestosFlaygon
Holy Shit!
This game is abso-frackin'-lutely mindblowing!
Such detail... it's magnificent. The graphics are stunning.
I think Naughty Dog has just set the standard for adventure games.

I'm just in the beginning of the game, but I can already tell that this is going to be one hell of a game.

I'll be the first to call it: GOTY again, no doubt.

Demonic Phoenix
It's not at the same level as Uncharted 2, but it's close.

That said, I'd say the set-pieces are even better than those in Uncharted 2's.

RE: Blaxican
This game doesn't have a chance in hell of winning GotY with Arkham City and Skyrim coming out this year.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
This game doesn't have a chance in hell of winning GotY with Arkham City and Skyrim coming out this year.

Pretty much.
It will probably get a couple of GotY's from some sites though.

S_D_J
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
So am I like the only person here that hates these games?

how does it feel being in such a lonely place?

Smasandian
Finished it.

Disappointed in it. It's not as good as the second game. Even though the game generally plays better (better fighting controls), the game was not as exciting as I hoped it would be.

There is a few areas that are magnificent but it's filled with what I felt as filler, even though the game is quite short. Some sequences are breathtaking while others are routine. The story as well is the weakest of the bunch. It felt like it needed a conclusion and when you got it, it made me think how pointless the story was. What was the reason for it? Why am I doing this? The other two games had clear direction and reason for Drake and co. actions.

While I had some misgivings about the game, I do feel like it was done well and it was fun. Just for a third game in the series, I expect the game to be better than the previous or at least on par to the previous games. I don't think the game is. It's just as good as the first but does not compare to the second.

But I must say, the game is ****ing gorgeous. Easily the best looking game on any console.

Demonic Phoenix
It isn't as good as the second, but it's better than the first. The opening quotation is better than the quotations in the first two games. The story wasn't that great, but the conclusion was satisfying, and it at least explored the relationship between Sully & Nathan to some extent.
Also, Elena's eyes can look sexy in one take and freaky in another. no expression
Marlowe was supposed to be a powerful villainess, but she's weak in terms of character. Lazarevic was a much better villain. Talbot disgusted me, and I wanted to put a bullet in his skull, so I suppose he was done well in terms of his role.

Most of the major set pieces are excellent.
Escaping from the burning Chateau, chasing Talbot in Yemen, escaping from a sinking ship, & escaping from Aram are all better than any set piece that I can recall from Uncharted 2.

That said, I disliked some of the shooting sequences in UC3. Not only are you overwhelmed (as always), but the enemies do not always get stunned when you shoot them. no expression

MooCowofJustice
how does it feel being in such a lonely place?

It's actually very enjoyable. I don't have all the stupid Uncharted fans constantly telling me how the game is a masterpiece that will never be surpassed.

Smasandian
The thing is the sequences in Uncharted 3 were good but just about the same as Uncharted 2.

I wanted sequences that were more memorable than the second. I got one of them (the ship). The rest were on par. I just think if your going to do a sequel, you might want to create something that is better than the previous games. That was my issue.

They weren't bad technically but it reeked of sameness.

The game felt like the first game. It had a few memorable set pieces but it had a lot of filler (the entire chapters in Syria) and a weak opening 3 hours.

Overall, I enjoyed the game but I wanted some better. The second game, I couldn't stop playing it. This game, I stopped after a few hours each time to do something else. I was getting bored.

As for the story, I was disappointed. The story didn't have a satisfying conclusion. It didn't answer any of the questions. The story in the end had no reason. It felt like an episode for a TV show where the writers had a couple of episodes to fill in while the second felt like a HBO/AMC/Showtime show where it only had 12 episodes to create and it needed to be jam packed with awesomeness.

Something I forgot to mention, the puzzles also felt a little weak. There's a couple that are cool but the rest, well, I don't really remember them.

AsbestosFlaygon
Uncharted 3's graphics shits on Arkham City's (probably on any other console game right now).
No bull. no expression

My only complaint was the game is too short.

No one gives a shit about a game's graphics.

Like, I have never in my life seen a game win GotY because it had the best graphics.

AsbestosFlaygon
No one gives a shit about a game's graphics.

Like, I have never in my life seen a game win GotY because it had the best graphics.
Never heard of Uncharted 2?

Uncharted 2 won GotY because of its graphics? I thought it won GotY because it was a good game. smile

AsbestosFlaygon
Uncharted 2 won GotY because of its graphics? I thought it won GotY because it was a good game. smile
Uncharted 3 is also a good game. no expression

But not better than Skyrim or Arkham City.

Unless you're one of "those" kinds of people, who defines a games quality by its graphics.

Smasandian
Yeah, Uncharted 2 was a great game. One of my favourites. It had a great story, good characters, beautiful graphics and awesome gameplay. It took the whole adventure platforming game to a new level.

And it has the best set pieces for a game in a very long time. That train sequence is thrilling and war torn city was a blast to play. Hell, I loved how the game started with you sneaking into a museum. It was all well done.

That's what I was disappointed with Uncharted 3.

Arachnid1
Yeah, Uncharted 2 was a great game. One of my favourites. It had a great story, good characters, beautiful graphics and awesome gameplay. It took the whole adventure platforming game to a new level.

And it has the best set pieces for a game in a very long time. That train sequence is thrilling and war torn city was a blast to play. Hell, I loved how the game started with you sneaking into a museum. It was all well done.

That's what I was disappointed with Uncharted 3. I agree with this. This game couldn't hold a candle to the second one. I was kind of disappointed at the lack of a real supernatural twist in Atlantis. Shambala was much cooler.

I also didn't really understand how Talbot didn't die when Cutter shot him. Also, I expected much more from Marlowe. The way the set her up was great, but they did nothing with her. Lazaravic was indeed a better villain. Talbot was awesome though, despite his unexplained healing factor.

I also enjoyed the action sequences in Uncharted 2 much more. This games best action sequences was the chateau, the boat, and the plane. The plane was awesome but didn't last very long, and the chateau was OK. The boat was amazingly done. I was kind of disappointed with Atlantis. I kind of wanted them to release the Jinn (if there ever was one). It would have been epic and could have provided a pretty cool boss fight.

There wasn't enough Chloe and Cutter involved. Elena and Drake being split up but deciding to get back together again was pointless and done better in Uncharted 2. Drake and Sully relationship being fleshed out was awesome though. The sequence with Sully dieing was insane. I think they should have kept Sully dead. It's not that I want him dead, but it would have made Atlantis at least somewhat more memorable. This, a supernatural twist, the Jinn being released, and well done boss fight topped off with the escape sequence from Atlantis would have been a perfect ending.

Also, the part with Talbot telling Cutter not to trust drake and whispering some stuff to him was pointless. I expected there to be some huge twist with this, or at least some history between Talbot and Drake. Instead, they leave it alone and nothing is done with it.

The part were you played as a young drake was very well done.

Overall, I enjoyed this game. It wasn't as good as the second, but it had it's moments.

srankmissingnin
I just beat it. I liked it a lot but I agree that it isn't quite as good as Uncharted 2... not that that is a huge indictment against UC3 because really very few games are as good as Uncharted 2 (let alone better).

Right now my GOTY first place is between UC3 and Portal 2, with Arkham City in 3rd. I'm really excited for Skyrim but I don't have much confidence that it will be playable at launch without dozens of game breaking bugs. I mean, they used the same damn engine for a decade at there was still game breaking bugs every time a new game was released on it, the fact that this is a brand new engine fills me with dread.

socool8520
But not better than Skyrim or Arkham City.

Unless you're one of "those" kinds of people, who defines a games quality by its graphics.

Uhhh, Skyrim hasn't even come out yet. I agree it could be better, but at least wait til it releases. As for Arkham City, I think UC3 is on par with it. I think it would be too close of a call to just say UC3 doesn't have a chance.

I found them game to be better than the 2nd honestly. The environments were amazing, the over-the-top scenes such as the Ship and cargo plane were more exciting then the 2nd, and of course the visuals were amazing

S_D_J
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
It's actually very enjoyable. I don't have all the stupid Uncharted fans constantly telling me how the game is a masterpiece that will never be surpassed.

you're lying, you feel so lonely there, you need to come here to have Uncharted fans constantly tell you how the game is a masterpiece that will never be surpassed

stick out tongue

I still haven't got a chance to play it. the fact that you guys felt disappointed by it has me wary... though that must be compensating for the hype erm

so how's the multiplayer?, I loved the Beta, and definitely felt it was better than UC2

socool8520
Finished it.

Disappointed in it. It's not as good as the second game. Even though the game generally plays better (better fighting controls), the game was not as exciting as I hoped it would be.

There is a few areas that are magnificent but it's filled with what I felt as filler, even though the game is quite short. Some sequences are breathtaking while others are routine. The story as well is the weakest of the bunch. It felt like it needed a conclusion and when you got it, it made me think how pointless the story was. What was the reason for it? Why am I doing this? The other two games had clear direction and reason for Drake and co. actions.

While I had some misgivings about the game, I do feel like it was done well and it was fun. Just for a third game in the series, I expect the game to be better than the previous or at least on par to the previous games. I don't think the game is. It's just as good as the first but does not compare to the second.

But I must say, the game is ****ing gorgeous. Easily the best looking game on any console.

Wow. Really? I thought this was the most exciting of the series. You were literally doing something epic the whole damn game. I thought the story was intriguing myself, but I guess that what happens when you have a great game you have to one up.

Smasandian
Your not doing anything epic until you get the water levels.

Those are sweet and different and awesome. The first 3-4 hours were basically rehashing the first two games.

Barker
I'm afraid to read this thread because of spoilers. ermmnone

Smasandian
Yeppers. I've been pretty good to not put spoilers in except for small things like there's a level with water.

But I'm also in the opinion that people should expect spoilers in a thread that talks about a game after it's been released.

Barker
Fair enough, I think I've been spoiled already anyway thanks to /v/.

Sully dies?

I'm only up to just after Cutter breaks his legs though, till I actually beat this game I'm out of this thread. haermm

Barker
He didn't.

I liked the ending, seemed a little shallow though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.