Empire vs Covenant and UNSC (UNSC territory)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omnislash Kid

Lord Lucien
This can actually be wrapped up very nicely if someone can provide the energy output in Watts for the Covenant plasma and the MAC rounds. I'm guessing they're not in the the 400 billion gigawatt range that Star Wars turbolasers are...

Omnislash Kid
Last time I checked, a tera is bigger than a giga lol
1 J = 1 watt

Lord Lucien
Isn't joule equivalent to one watt second? Or how many watts produced in one second? So a MAC round produces 270 trillion watts per second. And one shot from a common turbolaser (such as on an Acclamator-class transport), is 400 billion billion watts. Last time I multiplied a billion by a billion, my calculator told me to go f*ck myself.

EDIT: Wookieepedia suck some times. But I found this line on the Acclamator's guns: "These ships were armed with 4 heavy torpedo launch tubes; 24 point-defense laser cannons, rated at 6 megatons per shot; and 12 quad turbolaser turrets, each rated at a maximum of 200 gigatons per shot."

Halopedia has these lines on the MAC rounds: "The standard ship-mounted MAC fires a 600-ton ferric-tungsten projectile with a depleted uranium core at 30,000 meters per second (equal to 64 megatons of TNT)."

And the Super MAC: "These cannons fire a 3000-ton ferric-tungsten round at 12,000 kilometers per second,equal to approximately 51.6 gigatons of TNT."

Omnislash Kid
You dont square it. 1 watt = 1 J per second, but the output of energy is the same. It doesn't gain any momentous energy. Think of it as a Calorie. It's a set amount of energy, and the energy is only converted into another forge of energy. The Law of Thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. Therefore, the amount of joules remains constant, so 1 J = 1 watt. A watt is just over a given amount of time.

Lord Lucien
Yup, you're right. I got those two confused again.

Star Wars isn't big on energy measurements. Working with the Acclamator scale: we've got every shot of a quad turbolaser measuring in at almost 4 times the unblockable shot fired by the most powerful weapon the UNSC has.

I'm leaning towards the ISDs.

Omnislash Kid
Exactly. You wouldn't square it. Especially in a vacuum where no opposing force is there. That just doesn't make sense. lol well technically, all of Star Wars technology defies physics. Still though, you wouldn't square it.

Lord Lucien
Alright, I'll just say it. Pyrrhic victory for the Empire. They obliterate the other fleets and the cost of 4 1/2 of their own ships, and the resulting collateral damage renders Reach uninhabitable.

Letum Lettow
The SMACs could kill just about anything short of the DS. Catch is is that beyond a certain range they rounds can be dodged and within a certain range the platforms cant be turned enough.

On the ground? Infantry goes to Halo while everything below scarab/atat is roughly even. Either way, in a total war scenario, GE stomps.

Letum Lettow
1.17 Teratons is the stated yield for the Supermacs. 200 gigatons per shot is the maximum per shot energy. Bu aparently this craps all over fire rate.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Letum Lettow
1.17 Teratons is the stated yield for the Supermacs. 200 gigatons per shot is the maximum per shot energy. Bu aparently this craps all over fire rate. That math cant be right. A super MAC round would have way more kinetic energy than 200 gigatons. Where'd you hear that?

I'd give ground battle to the Halo forces without a doubt. However, it's debatable whether or not the GE would dominate UNSC and Covenant.

ares834
Well according to this number, "51.6 gigatons of TNT", the Supermac's power is 2.16*10^20 J. Roughly half the power of a turbolaser.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
I'd give ground battle to the Halo forces without a doubt.

Really? You did consider the numbers?
The Empire owns millions of armored vessels, with AT-ATs casually shrugging of weaponary as powerful as nuclear weapons. On top of that, you can add World Devastators, which are not only nigh indestructible, but also, basically, miniature black holes that suck any kind of energy and matter in and use the gained energy to construct drones that attack with more efficiency than your usual human pilot. Those things will simply fly over any planet surface and destroy all ground forces present without effort.

It is?
The Empire sports technology that can only be found in Forerunner artefacts in the Haloverse. They have spaceports ringing freaking star-systems that do nothing but produce more devastating warships. And the Empire has tons of that. More than 25,000 Star Destroyers, a dozen Super Star Destroyers. Superweapons any? Two Death Stars, the Galaxy Gun and the Sun Crusher. Technically the latter alone is already enough to win this confrontation. It is virtually undestructible (it can survive supernovas) and can destroy anything that can be hit by a supernova (which it can cause).

RE: Blaxican
I'm confused by this thread. The Empire has 5 Star Destroyers in this scenario, but 5 billion troops? That isn't, logistically, possible.

In any case, same old same old. The Empire probably wins the space engagement, but loses on the ground, getting torn up even worse than when the Ewoks did them in.

edit- And, Nai, you're not referring to the TIE/D's are you? From what I remember, the reason why the Empire abandoned the TIE/D concept was because they were less effficent than even their regular old bumbiling imperial pilots.

Lord Lucien
Those were the droid fighters the Devastators pumped out? I remember them from Rogue Squadron: "As their piloting ability never matched that of living pilots, the droids were eventually abandoned. The dream of a perfect automated military force would remain out of the reach of the Galactic Empire."

But then again, the Devastators aren't here.

If this was just the 5 billion Stormtroopers, I'd say their sheer number of blasters would ensure that they would at least take a great chunk of the Cov/UNSC forces with them. But 1,000 Jedi added to the mix? No way. Empire wins each engagement.

I don't agree. Your average trooper with a shotgun could kill your average Jedi in an engagement, especially one where there's full sqauds. A SPARTAN or Elite could do likewise.

Lord Lucien
You're average Jedi could deflect said shotgun spray. With his Force. He'll also have 50 million stormtroopers to lay down covering fire.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Borbarad
Really? You did consider the numbers?
The Empire owns millions of armored vessels, with AT-ATs casually shrugging of weaponary as powerful as nuclear weapons. On top of that, you can add World Devastators, which are not only nigh indestructible, but also, basically, miniature black holes that suck any kind of energy and matter in and use the gained energy to construct drones that attack with more efficiency than your usual human pilot. Those things will simply fly over any planet surface and destroy all ground forces present without effort.

It is?
The Empire sports technology that can only be found in Forerunner artefacts in the Haloverse. They have spaceports ringing freaking star-systems that do nothing but produce more devastating warships. And the Empire has tons of that. More than 25,000 Star Destroyers, a dozen Super Star Destroyers. Superweapons any? Two Death Stars, the Galaxy Gun and the Sun Crusher. Technically the latter alone is already enough to win this confrontation. It is virtually undestructible (it can survive supernovas) and can destroy anything that can be hit by a supernova (which it can cause).

Did you even bother to read the scenario?

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're average Jedi could deflect said shotgun spray. With his Force. He'll also have 50 million stormtroopers to lay down covering fire.

Have you also considered the Hunters? What about Brutes or Elites? What about the damned Spartans? I dont doubt that it would be a good ground battle, but blaster bolts wouldn't even hurt a Hunter. You also have Elites, who have active camo, who are also a crap load stronger and faster than Storm/ Clone Troopers. I dont doubt that the Jedi with covering fire would be a problem, but when you consider how much more powerful the Covenant troops are than the Empire's troops, then the Jedi now have a problem (being Hunters, Elites, Brutes, and Spartans). So yes, I think it would be interesting, but I'd have to give it to the Halo as far as ground battles, unless you want to go in depth on it, which I am more than fine with.

You're average Jedi could deflect said shotgun spray. With his Force. He'll also have 50 million stormtroopers to lay down covering fire. They won't be able to lay down cover fire because they'll be getting smothered by the 50 million enemy soldiers' cover fire. 313

The difference is that with a gun you can shoot someone from a hundred yards away... whereas you need to be within about 3 feet to kill someone with a lightsaber.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
They won't be able to lay down cover fire because they'll be getting smothered by the 50 million enemy soldiers' cover fire. 313

The difference is that with a gun you can shoot someone from a hundred yards away... whereas you need to be within about 3 feet to kill someone with a lightsaber. That and SPARTAN LASER B******!

Borbarad

Lord Lucien
blaster bolts wouldn't even hurt a Hunter.And you're basing this off of...

You also have Elites, who have active camo, who are also a crap load stronger and faster than Storm/ Clone Troopers.Duh.

I dont doubt that the Jedi with covering fire would be a problem, but when you consider how much more powerful the Covenant troops are than the Empire's troops, then the Jedi now have a problem (being Hunters, Elites, Brutes, and Spartans). So yes, I think it would be interesting, but I'd have to give it to the Halo as far as ground battles, unless you want to go in depth on it, which I am more than fine with. What Nai said.

each of them carrying weaponary compareable to a Spartan Laser in terms of firepower (just without the recharge time)

Which is why a direct hit to Leia's unarmored shoulder did such little damage to her that she could easily hold and aim a gun afterwards? A single blast from a spartan laser incinerates any damn near any vehicle in the star wars mythos, and can pierce three sets of spartan armor, which is tougher than any armor that exists in the sw mythos, least that I'm aware of. Also, the sniper rifle models used twenty years prior to the ones used during the Halo-Covvie war fired rounds that were only a few millimeters in size but, literally, made people explode upon contact, due to the sheer velocity of the rounds (the rounds moved at around mach 40, I'll get the real figure to you next time I get my hands on a copy of Contact: Harvest, if you desire). Considering that storm trooper armor can't even protect the wearer from the concussive force of a judo flip, or arrows apparently, it's obvious that Imperial infantry is far, far inferior to Halo's infantry, specifically the Covenant. The plasma weapons used by the covenant have been noted to melt through multiple plates of steel armor and literally burn through unprotected people. Several needler rounds piercing someone is enough to make their lower torso explode. Comparing the damage that the weapons inflict, even on unarmored targets, it's obvious that Covenant plasma has the edge in destructive capabilities, at least on the infantry scale. Taking that into consideration, the

I know you're referring to the AT-AT's, because last time I checked two logs coming together was enough to annihilate an AT-ST. As far as AT-AT's are concerned, last time I checked Luke destroyed one with a pack of a thermal detonators. That's an easily replicable feat for the super human "Bullets move in slow motion to my perception" SPARTANS and Elites and UNSC commandos. Aside from that, the damn things are obviously top heavy. Assuming that the UNSC and Covenent firepower is inferior to Star Wars blasters (Which, aside from the space technology, I've seen no evidence of), the same "knock them down" tactics that the Rebels used against the AT-AT's is available to the UNSC/Covenent strike force.

There is also the matter of the Covenent's own "invincible" walkers, the Scarabs, and the UNSC's plentiful supply of tactical nukes, which they used quite liberally in the canonical battle for Reach.

No name Jedi have been shown throughout the mythos to be barely a level above fodder. They've been killed by one man using only his fists despite having the Jedi having a 14 to 1 numerical superiority (Jango), have been overwhelmed by a single squad of troopers, shot in the back, surprised, etc. etc. As I pointed out earlier, a single shotgun blast would tear any Jedi apart instantly, and it's a weapon they have no defense against. A SPARTAN's reflexes are such that they can actually see bullets moving through the air, and armed with energy swords, shields, and class 5 strength, could definitely hold their own against any fodder Jedi. Elites are slightly weaker but they have superior shielding and number in the hundreds of millions.

I hold my earlier sentiments; the Imperials probably take the space battle and therefore win the thread, but they get hopelessly slaughtered in a ground engagement. Better technology, and better training as well (we all know that even if look only to the novels and consider the movies PIS, stromtroopers have shit tactics and even shittier aim).

Lord Lucien
I would concede that Halo would win the Ground engagement, but I have a problem with the Jedi vs. SPARTANS. Specifically the 1,000 Jedi vs. the 30 Spartans. In this case, every one unidentified--so that means no PIS to save the day. E.g. No Jango Fett to kick every one's ass, no hesitation by John from pulling the pistol's trigger as soon as it's in the Arbiter's mouth, no half-magazine of pistol ammunition being fired in to a Zealot-class Elite to make him retreat.

One thousand lightsaber wielding, precognitive-armed, fully trained warriors who possess magical powers

Vs.

Thirty genetically enhanced, near-precognitive, fully trained super soldiers armed with automatic projectile weaponry.

Aside from the fact that SPARTAN shields will be deflecting neither a lightsaber nor a Force Push, and that Jedi Padawans trained in Ataru (Kenobi) have been shown to deflect rapid fire, and that Jedi (Kenobi again) have been shown in T-canon sources to reflect a barrage of slugs and mass-less laser bolts with ease... I still say, sure, some Jedi will fall to SPARTAN ingenuity. But at the cost of all thirty of their numbers.

Omnislash Kid
And you're basing this off of...

Well, judginghow the Covenant plasma weapons can burn through people, and how they can burn through SPATAN armor, and seeing as how you need a high end blaster to burn through a person, I can say that if plasma weaponry wont hurt a Hunter, then a blaster wont hurt one. Hunter's have had one tno pillars from 10 feet dropped on them, taken a crap load of infantry AR weapon bound off of them. They armor is as durable as SPARTAN armor, if not more durable, so I dont doubt that they can withstand plasma bolts, which means they can definitely withstand blaster bolts.

All that's left now imo at this point is to go into the space battle. I'm sure the GE would win it 9/10 times, but the Halo fans have seen what Cpt. Keyes has done, and I'm sure the Halo forces could develop a strategy to beat the GE. Though, that is a stretch, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Pwned
Actually in the EU im pretty sure stormtroopers were incredible shots........

Also, we ARE forgetting that the AT-ATs bolts probably explode

If we include the games in the HALO thing, then yes, plasma weapons will kill a hunter

I sprayed one with like, 2 fully charged plasma rifles in the chest and he died

I'm hesitant to put fourth the effort needed to address everything that's wrong in your post. So, I'll skip ahead to Lucien.

I agree with you that 1000 jedi would annihilate 30 Spartans. The numerical difference in itself would be damning for the UNSC/Covenent. That isn't how this scenario's going down though. The 30 spartans are backed up by millions of elites and UNSC personnel.

As far as the rest of your posts I do pretty much agree with you on principle, I don't think that every Jedi will essentially just be torn to pieces in any engagement with an Elite or a Spartan.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Pwned
Actually in the EU im pretty sure stormtroopers were incredible shots........

Also, we ARE forgetting that the AT-ATs bolts probably explode

If we include the games in the HALO thing, then yes, plasma weapons will kill a hunter

I sprayed one with like, 2 fully charged plasma rifles in the chest and he died lol the only thing cannon about the video games are the dialogue relating to the objective and the cutscenes

Omnislash Kid
I'm hesitant to put fourth the effort needed to address everything that's wrong in your post. So, I'll skip ahead to Lucien.

I agree with you that 1000 jedi would annihilate 30 Spartans. The numerical difference in itself would be damning for the UNSC/Covenent. That isn't how this scenario's going down though. The 30 spartans are backed up by millions of elites and UNSC personnel.

As far as the rest of your posts I do pretty much agree with you on principle, I don't think that every Jedi will essentially just be torn to pieces in any engagement with an Elite or a Spartan. That WOULD be a silly notion. The Jedi would be a very feared adversary. Though, we have to think about how they're spaced. If they're all in one area, they either have no problem, or it gives UNSC/ Cov. an easier way to kill a bunch of them with grenades, banshees, ect. I doubt that the Jedi would be that stupid though, and would most likely be spread out throughout the GE forces.

As for the way between ships, the 5 Star Destroyer's would be fighting around 80 other ships at once. Well, excluding the other ships that can be launched (pelican's, banshees, Phantoms) vs anything the Star Destroyer has on deck (I haven't read anything canon as far as to what the basic ships a Star Destroyer carries).
I think the only way the Halo forces could win is if they had 50 ships concentrating all of their firepower to the 5 Destroyers and have 30 Covenant destroyers over the Star Destroyer and "glass" them. That COULD work.

Lord Lucien
My response to Blax is the first paragraph, the rest is the fleshing out of my earlier points.

As far as the rest of your posts I do pretty much agree with you on principle, I don't think that every Jedi will essentially just be torn to pieces in any engagement with an Elite or a Spartan. And the 1,000 Jedi are backed up by 5 billion Stormtroopers, 7% of which are cruising in vehicles. Blow for blow, the average Jedi has an advantage over the average SPARTAN and Sangheili thanks to the Force. It would take a game figure like John, Six, 'Vadum or 'Vadam to PIS their way to a kill. I recall (though can't remember the name of) a Spartan... III, I believe, being gutted by taking a Brute shot to the abdomen. Explosive projectiles are the most dangerous thing facing the Jedi, not shotguns, assault rifles, and energy swords. That shit they can reflect and dodge and block.

But either way, I rescind my previous statement that the Jedi would win this for the Empire. I misread, thinking that the Cov/UNSC had access to all of their vehicles, not just 10% each. As far as I know of Halo vehicles, the Scarabs with their range and maneuverability would be the biggest threat to the potential... 300, 200? million Walkers dotting the planet's surface. And if the Battle of Hoth is any indication, those things have hella range compared to Scarabs or Wraiths.

I just checked Halopedia, and it says about the V1 Scarab in Halo 2, it's "armor could be similar to the plating used on Covenant warships", hence it's imperviousness to conventional fire. The same Covenant warships that are sliced in two by the 51.6 gigaton Super MAC shot. I'm thinking that blaster fire, especially from Walkers and AT-ATs, are within the proportionatly comparable range of the 200 gigaton shots from the Star Destroyer's guns. And that's the V1 Scarab--the V2 tanks from Halo 3 onwards are described as "now completely destructible". Game mechanics FTW.

Lord Lucien
That WOULD be a silly notion. The Jedi would be a very feared adversary. Though, we have to think about how they're spaced. If they're all in one area, they either have no problem, or it gives UNSC/ Cov. an easier way to kill a bunch of them with grenades, banshees, ect. I doubt that the Jedi would be that stupid though, and would most likely be spread out throughout the GE forces.

As for the way between ships, the 5 Star Destroyer's would be fighting around 80 other ships at once. Well, excluding the other ships that can be launched (pelican's, banshees, Phantoms) vs anything the Star Destroyer has on deck (I haven't read anything canon as far as to what the basic ships a Star Destroyer carries).
I think the only way the Halo forces could win is if they had 50 ships concentrating all of their firepower to the 5 Destroyers and have 30 Covenant destroyers over the Star Destroyer and "glass" them. That COULD work. The stats here for the Empire are:

240 TIEs (variable classes),
60 TIE bombers,
60 TIE boarding craft,
25 Assault Gunboats,
"variable number" (x5) Skipray Blastboats,
and 300 Ion cannons.

I also forgot to ask if these are Imperial I-class SDs, or Imperial II-class... they have their own respective stats.

truejedi
Will a lightsaber burn out a Spartan's shield? I would think so, if energy blasts do... If so, I don't see how the Spartans are going to touch the Jedi. Elites even less so. They fire ENERGY WEAPONS. Like stormtroopers. The jedi block those with sabers, move in, cut them in half. The elite don't even have melee weapons. They are like more intelligent droids.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by truejedi
Will a lightsaber burn out a Spartan's shield? I would think so, if energy blasts do... If so, I don't see how the Spartans are going to touch the Jedi. Elites even less so. They fire ENERGY WEAPONS. Like stormtroopers. The jedi block those with sabers, move in, cut them in half. The elite don't even have melee weapons. They are like more intelligent droids. Energy swords...

truejedi
Are energy swords capable of blocking lightsabers?

Lord Lucien
Pff, f*ck no.

I can't prove that.

Lacan Grahf
Are energy swords capable of blocking lightsabers?

Based on my own nigh-professional intelligence on the Halo universe, I'd say so. Possibly. Maybe.

But I'd also imagine Force users wield their weapons with greater skill, speed, and agility than even Spartans and Elites.

Lord Lucien
Yeah they wield their's more as a cleaver than as a sword. Grace and technical skill (and Force-enhanced precognition) trump 'em.

truejedi
so i'm really picking Jedi to wade through ground forces in this fight....

Any foes with melee weapons will be better against the jedi than those with energy weapons.

Omnislash Kid
The only thing is though, is that this isn't "Jedi vs Elites or SPARTANs."
Even if this was "Jedi vs Elites," they would outnumber the Jedi by a considerable amount. I agree though. Jedi > Spartan and/ or Elite.

Lord Lucien
The only thing is though, is that this isn't "Jedi vs Elites or SPARTANs." Duh.

truejedi
either way, the jedi are going to wade through them like they did the droids in the Clone Wars.

Omnislash Kid
either way, the jedi are going to wade through them like they did the droids in the Clone Wars. I beg to differ. How do we even know if lightsaber's can deflect plamsa?

Lord Lucien
I beg to differ. How do we even know if lightsaber's can deflect plamsa? Because that's essentially what blaster bolts are: ionized gas condensed through a focusing lens. Or something--Nai knows. The "laser" thing is just for effect.

Omnislash Kid
Because that's essentially what blaster bolts are: ionized gas condensed through a focusing lens. Or something--Nai knows. The "laser" thing is just for effect. Laser and plasma are not the same.

Lord Lucien
Laser and plasma are not the same. ...

facepalm

Why did you think I put the word "laser" in quotations in my last sentence?

Pwned
Lightsabers themselves are beams of plasma
I have a blueprint of weapons from SW, and yes, blasters fire bolts of condensed ionized energy, coming in the form of plasma.
Its weird, but somehow its truth. I have no clue what happened to them old things, i just rembered that my dog ripped the one of the death star XD

Lord Lucien
I used to have that book. The inside of Star Destroyers and lightsabers really occupied my thought process for a while in the '90s.

truejedi
why wouldn't they be able to block plasma? They block literally EVERYTHING else.

Omnislash Kid
why wouldn't they be able to block plasma? They block literally EVERYTHING else. Ah, because that is not how physics works, my friend. Is there any proof that lightsaber's are made of plasma? I though they were made of straight up energy (minus the radiation and instant death upon "lighting" it up).

facepalm

Why did you think I put the word "laser" in quotations in my last sentence?
What else would they be? Have you no proof? No way to please the gods? My poistion stands until I recieve substancial edviance.

truejedi
what is a "poistion?"

I don't think poistion's have the ability to stand.

axel_jovan

Zampanó
Never pluralize a word by using an apostrophe.

Proof:THE WOOKIEE
This is basic stuff, holmes.

I'm tired.

Lord Lucien
What else would they be? Have you no proof? No way to please the gods? My poistion stands until I recieve substancial edviance. Because "laser" sounds cooler. Read. And I'll be sure to avoid your "poistion" in the future. That sounds like a radical new posion, or a poisonous new Pokemon.

I'm tired. And I'm not, so what? Wanna fight about it?

Jinsoku Takai
what is a "poistion?"

I don't think poistion's have the ability to stand.

What's "edviance"?

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
What's "edviance"?
Did I spell it incorrectly?

Lord Lucien
Seriously got some new Pokemon names here. "Poistion" and "Edviance."

Letum Lettow
Precog is useless without being fast enough to intercept the coming blows. Especially once they have been readjusted. The Jedi will have the smae problem Sasuke had with Rock Lee. They know whats coming, but by the time they move to intercept that interception is avoided and there dead. Thats meelee. Ranged. Same as usual. All you need is a high enough concentration of firepower.

Also, we need to decide which era. Vader alive era in which only the first and 2nd DS are around or Supah Palps era with the toys...

Either way...

Letum Lettow
either way, the jedi are going to wade through them like they did the droids in the Clone Wars. No.

The Covenant infantry are... superior... to the droids in pretty much every way possible. So no...

Problem. Zealot/Ultra shields vs 1 saber strike?

Lord Lucien
Precog is useless without being fast enough to intercept the coming blows. Especially once they have been readjusted. The greatest defensive swordsman who ever lived parried 23-strikes per second from a four-sworded cyborg. The hacking of a one-sworded non-Force sensitive won't pose a problem against the average Jedi.

No.

The Covenant infantry are... superior... to the droids in pretty much every way possible. So no...

Problem. Zealot/Ultra shields vs 1 saber strike? Those shields are taken down with projectile bullets. A lightsaber is going through them and then through the Zealot.

truejedi
exactly, sabers aren't baseball bats.

Jinsoku Takai
Precog is useless without being fast enough to intercept the coming blows. Especially once they have been readjusted. The Jedi will have the smae problem Sasuke had with Rock Lee. They know whats coming, but by the time they move to intercept that interception is avoided and there dead. Thats meelee. Ranged. Same as usual. All you need is a high enough concentration of firepower.

Also, we need to decide which era. Vader alive era in which only the first and 2nd DS are around or Supah Palps era with the toys...

Either way...

Keep in mind that to a Jedi, along with precog, time seems to slow to a crawl.

Jinsoku Takai
exactly, sabers aren't baseball bats.

Except in TFU.

Omnislash Kid
Keep in mind that to a Jedi, along with precog, time seems to slow to a crawl. The same w/ spartan's. It's been described in HtFoR that Master Chief was able to see the movements of the ODST and the bullets as if it were slow motion, and within 1 second, was able to take extra time to disarm then, rather than kill them. He was also able to redirect a missile being shot at him from a jet by pushing it out of the way, and still take the explosion from the missile and live. His achilles tendon was also cut, he still ran, and he was out of breathe, but still his will power was strong enough to keep running to his objective. It's also been noted that Master Chief is neither the strongest, nor the fastest of any of the Spartan's.

axel_jovan
Spartans' will power may not help them much when they're beheaded

Borbarad

Pwned
Found my blueprints, and blasters fire vapors of a high energy gas that is converted into plasma.

My source is the Star Wars Ultimate Blueprint Collection

Also, it is officially canon that having a good, working blaster is better than having the force and a lighsaber, as said by Han Solo, the Megagenius of Amazingness

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Pwned
Found my blueprints, and blasters fire vapors of a high energy gas that is converted into plasma.

My source is the Star Wars Ultimate Blueprint Collection

Also, it is officially canon that having a good, working blaster is better than having the force and a lighsaber, as said by Han Solo, the Megagenius of Amazingness

How is it "officially canon"? You're either being overly sarcastic, ignorant, or borderline retarded. I haven't pegged you as being retarded as of yet, so I'm thinking one of the first two is most probable.

Lord Lucien
Jumping to conclusions much? None of the Stormtroopers hit there was actually killed Is there an official source for this? That Stormtrooper with the arrow in his back is fodder for a lot of people claiming arrowheads pierce their armor. It would be awesome to have a canonical line debunking it.

Pwned
How is it "officially canon"? You're either being overly sarcastic, ignorant, or borderline retarded. I haven't pegged you as being retarded as of yet, so I'm thinking one of the first two is most probable. Overly sarcastic, i would be retarded to think a blaster beats thje force and a lightsaber that easily............

But anyways, lightsabers can deflect plasma rifle/pistol shots, but what about the projectiles? Bullets could melt and hit them with, well, molten metal, or it would just be incinerated

truejedi
they block projectiles in the Vong wars.

AthenasTrgrFngr
unsc/covenant easily win the ground war and probably the space fight too due to superior numbers and firepower

truejedi
hmmmm.... no.

Jinsoku Takai
hmmmm.... no.

Lord Lucien
hmmmm.... no.

Zampanó

Uriel005
The problem with Star Wars ships is that with the energy output they have destroying a planet shouldnt be that hard. I mean a couple hundred shots off of one ship should boil the atmosphere off of a planet and drill holes straight through.

Nephthys
Yeah, in Kotor a single capital ship vaped Taris and thats 4000 years technologically behind the Empire. I shudder to think what a Star Destroyer could do.

Pwned
Destory a star? =-p

obvious names FTW!

Not even sure if they really can, i just know they have a hell of a lotta guns

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, in Kotor a single capital ship vaped Taris and thats 4000 years technologically behind the Empire. I shudder to think what a Star Destroyer could do. Malak: "Surely you are not so foolish as to make the same mistake."
Karath: "Of... of course not, my Lord Malak. I will do as you command. But it will take several hours to position our fleet."

Pwned
SHHHH!

Dont ruin it for him! We must make him believe that!

Nephthys
Huh. I still don't remember seeing more than a single star ship though.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys
Huh. I still don't remember seeing more than a single star ship though. Me neither. Though frankly I'll take Saul Karath's word of the presence of a fleet over the word of a bunch of lazy animators.

truejedi
nothing says if it was necessary though. The fleet destroyed the planet mere moments after it began firing though.

Lord Lucien
One Star Destroyer can glass a planet. Even with 4,000 years of technology to catch up on, I doubt the Interdictors of Malak's fleet would require a whole lot more.

truejedi
so tell me, what was the point of the death star?

Lord Lucien
A Star Destroyer's weapons can glass a planet, but they need to break through any planetary shielding. They're also susceptible to attack and damage. With one 160 km wide spheroid battlestation pumping out energy equivalent to several stars, no planetary shield will stand up against it. If any attacker can get bast it's fighters and turrets, the surface damage would be superfluous at best. The size also fits in with the Tarkin doctrine. The threat than an indestructible planet buster should have been enough, had Tarkin not gone all psycho.

truejedi
apparently though, you still have to get the death star "in position" before you can hit the planet....

Lord Lucien
It had an effective range of 47 million kilometers, and it could have destroyed Yavin and left its moon drifting aimlessly in a now non-existent gravity well being pelted with chunks of exploded planet.

But the arrogant slow detour approach is so much more dramatic.

Sematrix
I'm not sure who would win the land battle, the stormtroopers would beat the USMC ground forces because their armor is resistant to sluggers (basically guns). Not sure about the conevant.

Head shot 97
Ok let me get this straight if you think the empire will win you guys are retards to think the empire would win
First- the covenant control a huge part of the galaxy along with the unsc containing hundreds of planets which means a lot more resources and soldiers.
Second- they have huge fleets. Like a covenant super carrier like from halo reach can destroy an entire fleet of empire ships since it's so huge. Also the unsc has many ships.
Third- the covenant can "glass" an entire planet within a few hours including the number of nuclear bombs the unsc has so pretty much every planet the empire has can be burned and destroyed.
Fourth- lastly the unsc has the Spartans which are like super Jedi compared to regular ones also the covenant have the high command elite and the arbiter with there energy swords and other weapons.
So basically the empire LOOSES.

AthenasTrgrFngr
laughcry

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Head shot 97
Ok let me get this straight if you think the empire will win you guys are retards to think the empire would win
First- the covenant control a huge part of the galaxy along with the unsc containing hundreds of planets which means a lot more resources and soldiers.
Second- they have huge fleets. Like a covenant super carrier like from halo reach can destroy an entire fleet of empire ships since it's so huge. Also the unsc has many ships.
Third- the covenant can "glass" an entire planet within a few hours including the number of nuclear bombs the unsc has so pretty much every planet the empire has can be burned and destroyed.
Fourth- lastly the unsc has the Spartans which are like super Jedi compared to regular ones also the covenant have the high command elite and the arbiter with there energy swords and other weapons.
So basically the empire LOOSES. So who are you a sock of?

truejedi
this is why this website died. none of us have the energy to explain. Not even to correct his spelling... Gosh, i remember when RN and Slash would at least help with that...

I honestly don't think he's being serious.

And besides, even if he was. There are some things that just aren't worth arguing about, even with people who are intelligent.

InfernoJG95
1. why would the UNSC be allied with the covenant the race that killed millions of people

and the creator of this: DAMN YOU WHY WHY I AM A FAN OF BOTH SERIES DAMN IT

Zampanó
this is why this website died. none of us have the energy to explain. Not even to correct his spelling... Gosh, i remember when RN and Slash would at least help with that...
it's just so rare anymore to need to help anyone here that the marginal helping of a post on KMC is lower than the marginal helping in real life.

erm

I guess I can spare the time for this guy, if it'll make you feel better.
It is a convention among users of the English language to denote the end of sentences with periods. Periods are punctuation symbols found on typical keyboards two keys to the right of the letter "m." In addition to that structural tip (rules pertaining to the structure of sentences deal with "syntax"wink you may also be surprised to learn that some members of your audience could meet the experience of being diagnosed "retarded" with some dismay; if you wish to garner support from such individuals you ought to consider a different tone. (Furthermore, some find the use of the term "retard" as a pejorative to be in particularly bad taste.)

I find it necessary here to remark again on the nature of sentences. While in this instance your assemblage of words includes the majority of requisite syntactical components (the capitalization of the word "First" may be disputed by pedants, as it is serving the role of of section header rather than being contained within the sentence, but if I pride myself on anything, it is not being a pedant) you have failed to include both a subject and a predicate. You have identified a thing (i.e. the territorial holdings and logistical capabilities of the unsc and the covenantsic]) and refrained from acting upon, or with, that identification. To put it more blatantly, "First- the covenant sic] control a huge part of the galaxy along with the unsc sic] containing hundreds of planets which means a lot more resources and soldiers...what? What you've typed is not a complete sentence.

Along with that rather significant oversight comes more than a few extra infractions of the rules regarding capitalization. Again ignoring the header/preposition pedantry regarding "First," I must observe that the acronym U.N.S.C was not capitalized, nor was "Covenant." It is considered appropriate to capitalize both terms because they are proper nouns.

It is worth the repetition to again note that "Empire" requires a capital letter.

This is a slightly more obscure rule of punctuation, but still very important. I hope you will not feel too foolish for misusing the comma because many of its complexities mystify even the great writers of our age. (Christopher Paolini, for example, has been utterly defeated by the subject.) When deciding to use a comma remember these simple rules:

Use commas to separate independent clauses when they are joined by any of these seven coordinating conjunctions: and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet.
Use commas after introductory a) clauses, b) phrases, or c) words that come before the main clause.
Use a pair of commas in the middle of a sentence to set off clauses, phrases, and words that are not essential to the meaning of the sentence. Use one comma before to indicate the beginning of the pause and one at the end to indicate the end of the pause.
Do not use commas to set off essential elements of the sentence, such as clauses beginning with that (relative clauses). That clauses after nouns are always essential. That clauses following a verb expressing mental action are always essential.
Use commas to separate three or more words, phrases, or clauses written in a series.
Use commas to separate two or more coordinate adjectives that describe the same noun. Be sure never to add an extra comma between the final adjective and the noun itself or to use commas with non-coordinate adjectives.
Use a comma near the end of a sentence to separate contrasted coordinate elements or to indicate a distinct pause or shift.
Use commas to set off phrases at the end of the sentence that refer to the beginning or middle of the sentence. Such phrases are free modifiers that can be placed anywhere in the sentence without causing confusion. (If the placement of the modifier causes confusion, then it is not "free" and must remain "bound" to the word it modifies.)
Use commas to set off all geographical names, items in dates (except the month and day), addresses (except the street number and name), and titles in names.
Use a comma to shift between the main discourse and a quotation.
Use commas wherever necessary to prevent possible confusion or misreading.
Some easy reminders about when not to use this tricky skill follow:
Don't use a comma to separate the subject from the verb.
Don't put a comma between the two nouns, noun phrases, or noun clauses in a compound subject or compound object.
Don't put a comma after the main clause when a dependent (subordinate) clause follows it (except for cases of extreme contrast).

I hope that helped!

So basically the empire LOOSES.
At this point I'm beginning to suspect that an investigation into the placement of semicolons may be a bit premature, to say nothing of an examination of the roles of comparison and contrast when dealing with proof, or even of simple evidential support. Once we've mastered these concepts (next week!) we'll be ready for an investigation of how to apply ethos, logos, and pathos properly, as well as easy-to-avoid logical missteps like begging the question and ad hominem attacks.

Slash_KMC

Zampanó
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
First, why are you allowed to start your sentence without a capital letter in this case?

Second, was the helping of posts on KMC ever higher than the helping in real life? If so, help more in real life, you egotistic bastard.
i am allowed to start my sentence without a capital letter because
that was part of a remark aimed at a friend, which is the sort of remark i don't suppose you've ever experiencedit is part of my campaign to replace the "royal we" (damn collectivist commie bastards) with the "royal i"

i was talking about the marginal helping of various posts, you ignorant prick. Really now, this is basic economic theory. Just because you are an ignoramus doesn't mean the rest of the board is, jerkoff.

So no. The amount of helping on KMC has never exceeded the amount of helping in real life. Either sum has always exceeded the net helping of your pathetic attempts, however.

Lord Lucien
Snap(ple).

Slash_KMC

Zampanó
Even though I'm at a great disadvantage concerning English grammar (English is my fifth language), I'm still quite sure that in correct English you aren't allowed to lowercase first letters just because you're adressing a friend. If I'm wrong about this, then I've already learned a lot more tonight.

Even though I'm at a great disadvantage concerning English grammar (English is my fifth language), I'm still quite sure that in correct English you aren't allowed to lowercase first letters just because you're adressing a friend.

Even though I'm at a great disadvantage concerning English grammar (English is my fifth language),

English is my fifth language

fifth language

fifth language

Dude what?

No.

It's a new campaign. And it is the singular first person royal pronoun. "It" is too generic to merit decapitalization.

Dude you sound like you got hacked. What gives? Did i hit a nerve? If so, sorry!

Slash_KMC

Zampanó
We have three official languages here (Dutch, German and French) and the fourth comes with the family (Spanish). I speak all of those fluently and thus English has the lowest rank on the list, hence "fifth".
That is so badass. How is it that you've been posting for years and never told us that? Nai throws his multi-lingual cred in our faces all the time.

i dunno, your post seemed really defensive and i had meant everything to be "tongue in cheek;" I was making a half-hearted reference to me never admitting that I can be wrong, as well as the law (of nature!) that says every jerk grammar post includes at least one mistake.

Basically I felt bad for being a jerk. It isn't as much fun as I remembered.

Slash_KMC

Zampanó
97% of my emotional composition is guilt. Liberal guilt, White Man's guilt, you name it, I've guilt it.

Boron Dalzier
The Star Wars Versus Forum has become so boring these days... you guys should post in the videogame forum that's where the fun's at.

Boron Dalzier
Though a certain system engineer who sports a highly homoerotic skeletal avatar would do best to stay out of it.

Zampanó
Shut up, Neb.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Boron Dalzier
The Star Wars Versus Forum has become so boring these days... you guys should post in the videogame forum that's where the fun's at.

You know, as weird as it sounds, there are still some people who don't play an excessive amount of videogames.

Pwned
Unless you go to England, Wales, Ireland etc.

There seem to be WAY to many of those children playing video games and taking it seriously.......

Nephthys
Pffft losers.

Lord Lucien
But apparently Scotland is exempt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.