Annihilators Assemble - Marvel Cosmics LIVE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteWitchKing
It seems there is good news on the horizon for fans of Marvel's cosmic books. The long awaited dream team is here. A newly formed team that will annihilate all threats to the cosmos has surfaced from aftermath of the Thanos: Imperative.

A silver guardian of the space ways...
A champion of a dead people and lost galaxy...
A soldier who gave up his crown to further the evolution of his people...
A praetor who never wore the mantle of emperor comfortably...
A protector of the universe...

Annhilators assemble!

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/5/b0/4d023ab36814d/detail.jpg

http://marvel.com/news/story/14819/annihilators_assemble

Will be getting every issue of this. Hopefully Superskrull is added into this line up. You have an Earthling, Kree, Strontian, Korbinite, and Zenn-Lan but no Skrull.

Psycho Doctor
Oh damn that's pretty epic. I love Marvel's cosmic stuff.

Deadline
Is that Captain Mar-vell? I clicked the link and somebody is giving Champion some props. eek!

guy222
looking good

Bouboumaster
Awesome!

srankmissingnin
I laughed a little when I first say this teaser. It looks like Ronan is lagging behind like a little brother trying to keep up with the big guns.

Nihilist
Hopefully Ronan gets some decent showings.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I laughed a little when I first say this teaser. It looks like Ronan is lagging behind like a little brother trying to keep up with the big guns. laughing out loudOriginally posted by Nihilist
Hopefully Ronan gets some decent showings. thumb up

Even though he'd be the weakest on the team he doesn't get enough respect.

I'd like to see this team in action.Is that what its called?Annihilators?

Although i'd like to see Nova added back in, surfer taken out, and black bolt added.Mabye....now that I think about it it doesn't sound that cool....

Newjak
Wow that is a good line-up.

Marvel's version of the JLA

Warlord
This looks so promising.

Warlord
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7404

check this out

Bentley
Nice. Hopefully we'll get more Ronan and cameos by the Guardians and Starhawk.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Warlord
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7404

check this out

Looks awesome

Warlord
can't wait for my boy Wendel to shine.
Also nice speedblitz from surfer in the preview wink

Black bolt z
IS thanos going to come back if its still thanos imperative?

And if he does they better bring Nova back.

But yeah this team is epic. I can see the many fights in the vs. forums.

Bouboumaster
The only three missing are K'lrt, Nova and Adam Warlock, as the leader, since I don't see Surfer, while the most powerful of the team, being a great leader. Warlock, however, would be perfect.

Also, why not add Black Bolt to the mix, for good measure.

Black bolt z
Yeah who would be the teams leader?

I'd like to see Ronan as the leader

Warlord
Gladiator seems more apropriate

Bouboumaster
I'd have Quasar as the leader

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I'd have Quasar as the leader

This. Ronan or Glad should be field tacticians though (maybe Ronan could be the tinkerer).

WhiteWitchKing
The only three missing are K'lrt, Nova and Adam Warlock, as the leader, since I don't see Surfer, while the most powerful of the team, being a great leader. Warlock, however, would be perfect.

Also, why not add Black Bolt to the mix, for good measure.

It's missing Kl'rt for sure. Adam and Nova are missed too but they've had enough appearances lately that I don't want them to over shadow the other characters. This team should last about 20 issues before bringing in Nova, Warlock, and Black Bolt. Kl'rt should show up as soon as book 2. Darkhawk or Talon should join as well. The whole data song bit would fit in as well as some sort of intel database that alerts them to looming threats.

Villains: Blastaar, Magus, Kang?, Annihilus, Ravenous, Negative Zone, Phalanx, UCT, Badoon, Dire Wraith, Tyrant, Count Abyss(mal).

No Thanos please. He's done as a villain, leave the poor guy alone.

Gecko4lif
There is a rather large power gap between ronan and everyone else

I wonder how they are going to write around that. Maybe ronan is getting a upgrade =D

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

I wonder how they are going to write around that. Maybe ronan is getting a upgrade =D

In my opinion, the most powerful to the least powerful are:

Silver Surfer

Beta Ray Bill / Gladiator
Quasar

Ronan

Bentley

Ronan will be this team's Batman.

Kang as a cosmic villain would be awesome, they could also bring some alternate reality Guardians villains such as Bubounicus. The Phoenix Force or some sort of revamped Vulcan/M'kran race would be nice too.

Warlord
In my opinion, the most powerful to the least powerful are:

Silver Surfer

Beta Ray Bill / Gladiator
Quasar

Ronan

I'd pick Quasar over Gladiator as the third more powerful member after Surfer and Bill.

With a team like this a possibility for a new powerful cosmic villain is viable

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Bentley
Ronan will be this team's Batman.

Kang as a cosmic villain would be awesome, they could also bring some alternate reality Guardians villains such as Bubounicus. The Phoenix Force or some sort of revamped Vulcan/M'kran race would be nice too.

He should fit the role with Nova gone now. He should be the Batman/Iron Man of the team with his armor. They should just write it that he gets an upgrade armor that allows him to tap into other alien tech and soft in order to access information necessary for the team to strategically strike a planet or find out about a specific targets.

HigH ScholaR
What I want to see from this are:
- Gladiator to show unquestionably that Gladiator > Superman hmph
- Elders of the universe NO JOBBING
- Earth based villains that are too powerful to stay at home
- Silver surfer turn evil or mad just for a bit
- Reappearance of some old cosmic characters (Midnight Sun, impossible man (F chaos war)

Black bolt z
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
It's missing Kl'rt for sure. Adam and Nova are missed too but they've had enough appearances lately that I don't want them to over shadow the other characters. This team should last about 20 issues before bringing in Nova, Warlock, and Black Bolt. Kl'rt should show up as soon as book 2. Darkhawk or Talon should join as well. The whole data song bit would fit in as well as some sort of intel database that alerts them to looming threats.

Villains: Blastaar, Magus, Kang?, Annihilus, Ravenous, Negative Zone, Phalanx, UCT, Badoon, Dire Wraith, Tyrant, Count Abyss(mal).

No Thanos please. He's done as a villain, leave the poor guy alone. I'm not that up current continuity....so do the Krees and Skrulls still hate each other. I'm guessing yes.

So they might add Kl'rt to the team but they had better put high tensions between Ronan and Kl'rt.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I'm not that up current continuity....so do the Krees and Skrulls still hate each other. I'm guessing yes.

So they might add Kl'rt to the team but they had better put high tensions between Ronan and Kl'rt.

There isn't that many Skrulls left for the Kree to worry about after Annihilation and Secret Invasion. And whatever tensions left would be the last thing on there mine after losing part of their empire and old capital to the Annihilus' forces, getting enslaved by the Phalanx, depleting valuable resources in fighting Vulcan's empire and holding back the Cancerverse forces. Sure the Shi'Ar is basically under the rule of the Kree for now, but they lost more than what they can take from the Shi'Ar without pissing off Gladiator and the Shi'ar Imperium into another war. There's too much for old enemies to worry about. Besides, it was Super Skrull and his gf Praxagora who help Ronan regain the Kree empire in Annihilation. They were also fighting the Phalanx in Conquest. Ronan owes Super Skrull big time, especially after Ultron killed Praxagora in Conquest.

Black bolt z
There isn't that many Skrulls left for the Kree to worry about after Annihilation and Secret Invasion. And whatever tensions left would be the last thing on there mine after losing part of their empire and old capital to the Annihilus' forces, getting enslaved by the Phalanx, depleting valuable resources in fighting Vulcan's empire and holding back the Cancerverse forces. Sure the Shi'Ar is basically under the rule of the Kree for now, but they lost more than what they can take from the Shi'Ar without pissing off Gladiator and the Shi'ar Imperium into another war. There's too much for old enemies to worry about. Besides, it was Super Skrull and his gf Praxagora who help Ronan regain the Kree empire in Annihilation. They were also fighting the Phalanx in Conquest. Ronan owes Super Skrull big time, especially after Ultron killed Praxagora in Conquest. Well I still haven't read annihilation. There so many comics and crossovers I don't know where to start, where it starts and where it ends.

But i'd still like to see a little in team rivalry. Then Surfer can be a non-chalant badass and tell them to shut up or he'll take away their mouths.

Black bolt z
I just got to thinking that Kl'rt and Ronan would make a badass duo. Don't ask me why...

Newjak
I just got to thinking that Kl'rt and Ronan would make a badass duo. Don't ask me why... I think the same thing.

After Annihilation I so badly wanted a Ronan/Super Skrull team-up book stick out tongue

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Newjak
I think the same thing.

After Annihilation I so badly wanted a Ronan/Super Skrull team-up book stick out tongue

The odd couple of the Marvel Universe. They're even bigger misfits than any of the GOTG members.

Black bolt z
The odd couple of the Marvel Universe. They're even bigger misfits than any of the GOTG members. Star-Lord called them "absolut Bad-asses" in the new TI comic.

Although he was talking about Ronan not Kl'rt.

Black bolt z

No Thanos please. He's done as a villain, leave the poor guy alone. Its not going to be 20 issues. Just did some research.Its only 4 issues. It might start out as that and continue but I found 2 sites confirming this.

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dire-situation-wraith-cons (First Paragraph)
http://marvel.com/news/story/14819/annihilators_assemble (First Paragraph)

Gecko4lif
Whatever happened to wraith from conquest?

Cartesian Doubt
This will not work ....

Uber characters + no personalities = low sales.

Hence why the Defenders never really took off.

Bentley
How does the JLA work then? biscuits

Nihilist
laughing out loud Thanos done as a villian, WWK has Quan hurt you that bad?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud Thanos done as a villian, WWK has Quan hurt you that bad? When was the last time he killed someone just because he could? Not in trying to save himself or defeat a greater bad guy.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
This will not work ....

Uber characters + no personalities = low sales.

Hence why the Defenders never really took off.

The original defenders lasted 152 issues though (And its downfall was that it became an "x men" book

Utrigita
looks good.

Newjak
I'm still looking forward to this

-K-M-
Whatever happened to wraith from conquest?

He has the the Supreme Intelligence's soul inside him and hasn't been seen or heard from in ages

Bentley
The only villain big enough to be a real threat to these guys is Kang the conqueror cool

Black bolt z
The only villain big enough to be a real threat to these guys is Kang the conqueror cool I can see Kang as a cosmic villian.

Although if it happens I see (sadly) Ronan outprepping Kang.

HigH ScholaR
The only villain big enough to be a real threat to these guys is Kang the conqueror cool

Really? I could name a few potential candidates

WhiteWitchKing
laughing out loud Thanos done as a villian, WWK has Quan hurt you that bad?

So now I'm confused. After IG, he began his move away from his villainous past. His mini essential had he try to prove himself as a force of good. Annihilation came around and he only backed Annihilus to learn of his plan and tried to stop it as soon as he found learned of it. He'd already rejected death in Keith's run before Annihilation. She accepted him and welcomed him to her realm because he'd fought for the universe, not against it.

Thanos was done as a villain. What other again is there for him as a villain? He's gonna kill the 616 again to please her? The work real good the last time remember? Conquer and enslave it because he knows what's best for the universe ala Doom? Thanos is a tyrant now? WTF? Or he could be searching for power, omnipotence, that would put him above even the abstracts yeah? I could see that happening. Maybe he can harness that power in his glove and call it the Eternity Glove.

Bouboumaster

Tyrant would be awesome

Black bolt z
Tyrant would be awesome Tyrant would be too much for them. Remember he already easily stomped Glads and BRB.

I mean Surfer, Ronan, And Quasar aren't going to be much better than the other 5. They'd still get beaten easy.

Bentley
It was just me being a fanboy saying Kang is the only enemy they could face. Tyrant -now that you mention it-, could be one, Maelstrom could be another.

The Fallen One is still around wrecking havoc? Is he dead?

Bouboumaster
Tyrant would be too much for them. Remember he already easily stomped Glads and BRB.

I mean Surfer, Ronan, And Quasar aren't going to be much better than the other 5. They'd still get beaten easy.

In fact, Tyrant stomped Surfer too; he was with Gladiator and BRB that one time.

Bouboumaster
So now I'm confused. After IG, he began his move away from his villainous past. His mini essential had he try to prove himself as a force of good. Annihilation came around and he only backed Annihilus to learn of his plan and tried to stop it as soon as he found learned of it. He'd already rejected death in Keith's run before Annihilation. She accepted him and welcomed him to her realm because he'd fought for the universe, not against it.

Thanos was done as a villain. What other again is there for him as a villain? He's gonna kill the 616 again to please her? The work real good the last time remember? Conquer and enslave it because he knows what's best for the universe ala Doom? Thanos is a tyrant now? WTF? Or he could be searching for power, omnipotence, that would put him above even the abstracts yeah? I could see that happening. Maybe he can harness that power in his glove and call it the Eternity Glove.

I know what you are saying. I'm a Thanos fanboy, and TI gave me a bad taste in my mouth: On one hand, Thanos was physically portrayed how he should always be: a tough S.O.B., stomping the shit of everything that made contact with him. Thanos, IMO, was clearly head and shoulders above the "herald class", and his ass kicking of Lord Mar-Vell is a testimony of his presence in the "Skyfather class".
On the other hand, he was mentally portrayed like a sad emo, trying to whine his way to Death.

If Thanos have to be write in a near future, it has to be for either vengeance motives, if he come back evil, or for redemption, again, like in his mini, in which he was badass, in an anti-hero kind of way.

WhiteWitchKing
I know what you are saying. I'm a Thanos fanboy, and TI gave me a bad taste in my mouth: On one hand, Thanos was physically portrayed how he should always be: a tough S.O.B., stomping the shit of everything that made contact with him. Thanos, IMO, was clearly head and shoulders above the "herald class", and his ass kicking of Lord Mar-Vell is a testimony of his presence in the "Skyfather class".
On the other hand, he was mentally portrayed like a sad emo, trying to whine his way to Death.

If Thanos have to be write in a near future, it has to be for either vengeance motives, if he come back evil, or for redemption, again, like in his mini, in which he was badass, in an anti-hero kind of way.

The thing with Thanos Imperative is that it disregards all of Starlin and Giffens past efforts. As you've said, he's become a whining baby that's lusting after Mistress Death while she turns her back on him for no explained reason. He showed up to Thanos Imperative to do next to nothing that would indicate he's ever evolved after the Infinity Gauntlet affair. Basically they want him to become a reason when there isn't a need and that's what I irritates me. As the avatar of death, he would still have been a hero/anti-hero serving the greater good of the universe by stopping the Cancerverse. Instead we get the "mad" Titan who's threatening to destroy existence because Death denied him. Jeezes, he should've in turn accepted it and rejected her like he did on Keith's run - he was above this.

Nihilist

Thanos was done as a villain. What other again is there for him as a villain? He's gonna kill the 616 again to please her? The work real good the last time remember? Conquer and enslave it because he knows what's best for the universe ala Doom? Thanos is a tyrant now? WTF? Or he could be searching for power, omnipotence, that would put him above even the abstracts yeah? I could see that happening. Maybe he can harness that power in his glove and call it the Eternity Glove. So you missed the whole part about him saying he was gonna destroy their(616) universe and everyone in it, not a action of a villain eh, thats a great reason for turnig back as a full blown villian.

dmills

I wonder how they are going to write around that. Maybe ronan is getting a upgrade =D I highly doubt that DnA are thinking about that. That's a message board geek thing stick out tongue

Black bolt z
In fact, Tyrant stomped Surfer too; he was with Gladiator and BRB that one time. But surfer has been upgraded since then. I mean he still would prove no trouble just slightly more then before.Originally posted by Bentley
It was just me being a fanboy saying Kang is the only enemy they could face. Tyrant -now that you mention it-, could be one, Maelstrom could be another.

The Fallen One is still around wrecking havoc? Is he dead? Maelstrom would make a good enemy. He needs a comeback and a good fight. Team wrecker vs. uber team.

WhiteWitchKing
So you missed the whole part about him saying he was gonna destroy their(616) universe and everyone in it, not a action of a villain eh, thats a great reason for turnig back as a full blown villian.

No, I think you missed the whole part of Thanos' mini where he went on a mission to right the wrongs of his past. The part where he says the Crunch, the Genesis Cascade, what better place to recreate one's self. He and death argued for a bit with her remarking that he, in past times, would make the universe void of life as a gift to her but for her what would death be without life? This revelation shocked him for it bit. This then leads into Annihilation where she teams him up with Annihilus where he learned of Annihilus' plan to destroy both universe. He intended to stop it and died because of that. She accepted him and welcomed him because he fought for life, for universal balance. He grew as a character in the end. But I guess you and DnA missed that part. Or maybe they really didn't care for that and decided to take the character 20 years back so he could be a whiny villain again.

She rejected him because he saved her and the universe? And with that, he's pissed off and wants to destroy the universe. Great reason that's something this is not. There's plenty of reasons that could've turned him into a villain again. This isn't one of them.

Thanos: OMG!, she rejected me?! sad But but but, I luv her. Dammit Quill, I'm gonna kill you and the universe for bringing me back. AAAAHHHHHHH, I'M A VILLAIN AGAIN!!!

And thank goodness Devastation had nothing to do with Thanos. big grin They would've harmed the character even further if they continued writing. Some are meant to write Thanos; some are not. I want DnA to stay the hell away from one of my fav character. For some reason, people seem to think the more expose Thanos gets the better it is for him. Read Thanos Imperative and you'll learn your lesson people.

Bentley
Thanos just wanted revenge in a cosmic level, he knows Death doesn't want the universe destroyed so he wanted to destroy it. He was a whinner about it though.

Black bolt z
Yeah thanos isn't going to be a villian. Not until they find some incredibly stupid excuse for bringing him back from the Cancerverse.

Bouboumaster
Yeah thanos isn't going to be a villian. Not until they find some incredibly stupid excuse for bringing him back from the Cancerverse.

Something like the Cosmic Cube Quill have?

Black bolt z
Something like the Cosmic Cube Quill have? I'll bet money that would be their excuse.

Black bolt z
Turns out Annihilators will be $5 and 40 pages. http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/gambling-with-future

Also says there might be a new Nova.

WhiteWitchKing
Turns out Annihilators will be $5 and 40 pages. http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/gambling-with-future

Also says there might be a new Nova.

There's only going to be 4 issues of this so the series is about $20 total.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/Annihilators_ep1_p15p16_02.jpg

Black bolt z
There's only going to be 4 issues of this so the series is about $20 total.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/Annihilators_ep1_p15p16_02.jpg Well technically its 2 comics in one book. Hopefully Groot and Rocket Racoon will be worth the extra $2.

And that picture, IMO, is crappy without color. Or context.

Black bolt z
Preview Cover art for Annihilators issue 2

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/images1/solicits/marvel/apr_11/ANNIHILATORS002_cvr.jpg

Black bolt z
So....what did everyone think of Issue numero Uno?

Sounds like its obvious ronan is the weak link.

And has Doctor Dredd appeared before?

Bentley
He's a Rom villain.

Personally I liked this, but characters need to be more developped for this to work in the long run.

Black bolt z
I just had an idea. Dmills posted this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t546596.html

Thanos is coming back. Doctor Dredd says he wants to cut through space. I see that as the best of Marvel's shitty excuses.

Doctor-Alvis
Ronan looked like he packed on some donuts in that picture.

basilisk
I was underwhelmed by this issue. As others have pointed out in the Thanos thread, why would this team be so concerned about the damage they may cause, especially to their own HQ. It's not like mult-herald teams haven't existed before (hell, half these guys were already in the StarMasters together). And teams trash their HQs all the time. No point having a cosmic team without power.

Why is Quasar all whiny and insecure again? He spent years moving past all that. It's like he's almost back at square one again.

And Dr. Dredd as the villain? Odd choice - a minor Rom Spaceknight villain who only appeared in a few issues and was actually killed anyway, not even sent to limbo like most wraiths. I guess they may be able to salvage something out him but still...

Not even sure about the Wraiths. I mean they can be cool when done right, but didn't they already come back in the Spaceknights mini?

I guess they have a few more issues to get it right.

Bentley
Keep in mind these guys are not only "herald powerful", but they also represent the Kree Empire and the Sh'iar, they are exactly the opposite than the old GotG, they are linked with the big galactic powers, including Galactus and the cosmic consonant. An official team of nukes is hardly something that can be foreseen for the long run.

Bouboumaster
I taught it was pretty good, actually. But man, how Ronan was the ***** in this issue!

Warlord
the art was bad.
The faces of the characters are ridiculous

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Warlord
the art was bad.
The faces of the characters are ridiculous The art in general was not bad. A lot of time time the faces were.

Nihilist
The first issue was complete rubbish, soon as they get these chumps of the Cosmic stuff the better.

dmills
The reviews have not been kind lol.

Black bolt z
When does the second issue come out?

Galan007
Good lord, the artwork in issue #2 was some of the worst I have EVER seen:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1953/ann06.th.jpg http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9833/ann07.th.jpg

...Just terrible.

Sr J-Bieb
Ignoring the artwork... good stuff all around.

They were ripping through the Wraiths pretty easily, which is oddly surprising.
Ronan just proved his worth.
And has a Queen ever appeared before?

kgkg
Overall good read

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

And has a Queen ever appeared before? I think the artwork goes well i ge and old school vie so far reading it

WhiteWitchKing
The beginning was so terrible that I felt like I couldn't continue. Picked up though, good read. The art work is bad when it comes to their facial expressions; all else is good. Best part are the hammer brothers showing off their power set. I'm glad Ronan got a good showing under DnA.

The parts that were unbearable is whenever Quasar opened his mouth and how whinny he's being portrayed.

vince_slice
Don't like the artwork, but a good read overall, much better than the first issue. I guess Ronan isn't as useless as people think. Wraith Queen looks ugly, but pretty damn powerful.

Nihilist
This was crap again.

inimalist
The parts that were unbearable is whenever Quasar opened his mouth and how whinny he's being portrayed.

Bouboumaster
Surfer is t3h Awsome. At last, he's shown like the bad ass he should be.

dmills
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

And has a Queen ever appeared before? Yep. Her name's Volx. Supernova leeched most of her energy which weakened her enough for Nova and the Warriors to kill her. Guess it didn't stick though.

dmills
Not Annihilators, but it's winning nonetheless.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_image0006.jpg

thumb up

Black bolt z
Originally posted by dmills
Not Annihilators, but it's winning nonetheless.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_image0006.jpg

thumb up Where is that from?!?!?!?! Are they bringing bolt back?

vince_slice
Yep. Her name's Volx. Supernova leeched most of her energy which weakened her enough for Nova and the Warriors to kill her. Guess it didn't stick though.
How powerful is Volx?

dmills
Where is that from?!?!?!?! Are they bringing bolt back? Hickmans' FF.

dmills
Originally posted by vince_slice
How powerful is Volx? She was powerful, but not anywhere near how she was portrayed in that final page of Annihilators. But she was cut off from the black sun and thus had no access to her magic during that New Warriors arc, so that may be why. She was forced to rely on subterfuge and her base level abilities, i.e. shape shifting, super strength and durability.

I'll try to dig up some scans tomorrow.

dmills
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1302363825689.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1302363849362.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1302363869580.jpg

Sorry gents but this is all that I could find. I somehow lost my old New Warriors files so I'm going to have to dig up the comics and re-scan them sad

Iirc Volx was able to give Supernova a hard time even without access to her magic (I can't remember the exact context of the confrontation but I'll find it) and I think that Saal could take any of the Annihilators -save perhaps Norrin- one on one. So it stands to reason that at full power she'd be a handful.

Existere
I don't mind the art, I like the issues so far... I want this to succeed, but I'm sure it's meant to be short-lived. Oh well.

vince_slice

Sorry gents but this is all that I could find. I somehow lost my old New Warriors files so I'm going to have to dig up the comics and re-scan them sad

Iirc Volx was able to give Supernova a hard time even without access to her magic (I can't remember the exact context of the confrontation but I'll find it) and I think that Saal could take any of the Annihilators -save perhaps Norrin- one on one. So it stands to reason that at full power she'd be a handful.

Thanks for the scans, those are pretty interesting. I wonder how much power she regained in the latest Annihilators book. Pretty impressive what she did near the end, but you never know what might happen in the next issue. I certainly didn't expect Ronan of all people to do what he did.

Gecko4lif
Where is that from?!?!?!?! Are they bringing bolt back?
we can only hope

dmills
Originally posted by vince_slice
Thanks for the scans, those are pretty interesting. I wonder how much power she regained in the latest Annihilators book. Pretty impressive what she did near the end, but you never know what might happen in the next issue. I certainly didn't expect Ronan of all people to do what he did. If my hunch is right this is a little loose end that's about to come into fruition...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1302414873976.jpg

Black bolt z
Anyone know when issue 3 is coming out?

Galan007
The story was mediocre at best, and the artwork was horrible at best.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Agreed.

DnA have fallen off hard. I don't want them ever touching Quasar again.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^Agreed.

DnA have fallen off hard. I don't want them ever touching Quasar again.

I don't see why they've written Quasar like this, considering when they wrote him in Nova's Annihilation mini, Nova and Guardians he was pretty confident with no signs of the angst he's shown here.

Existere
I don't mind the art terribly, but each character's personality seems to have shifted for the sake of a team format.

Meh.

WhiteWitchKing
Book 3 was good. Liked the story and where it is going. I didn't expect that twist at the end. Thought Immortus was the twist. The art isn't good but the action scenes were. As for characterizations, it's way off. Also, I wouldn't mind if this team actually got to push their powers to the max in fights instead of being held back because the writers were too lazy to think up convincing challenges for the team.

Bentley
Yeah, book 3 was the best so far, liked the twists. I don't mind having the Annihilators fight something without showing powers, because we know the characters are powerful, we don't need their every showing being a feat. The plot still feels lacking for introducing a team of their caliber.

Black bolt z
I didn't like issue 3 that much. It just didn't make that much sense to me.

dmills
This is a mixed bag for me guys. The quality of the story hasn't justified the $4.99 price tag. I haven't purchased one issue because I've seen the quality of DnA's work falling off for a while now. Frankly I'm not sure if ill even bother with the trades.

On another note, anybody see the recent interview where DnA basically said that they just bullshitted around with the last 10-15 issues of Nova? They've lost a fan with that chicken scratch.

AlmightyKfish
The Rocket/Groot backup story is better imo, DnA seem to do very well with characters such as Rocket, Nova and Starlord with which they've invested a lot of time.

Daemon Seed
It's not a very good comic.

Black bolt z
Annihilators issue 4 apparently (i'm guessing) had something to do with Ikon. Then again covers are rarely right.

http://images.tfaw.com/covers_tfaw/400/ap/apr110608.jpg

Bentley
Lame ending for a lame series. At least Immortus and Tempus got nice showings ermm

dmills
Hahaha.

That's the typed transcript of the sound of DnA laughing all the way to the bank! Weak sauce.

Bentley
This is one of the comics in which characters talk a lot about how powerful they are instead of showing how powerful they are sad

BruceSkywalker
This is one of the comics in which characters talk a lot about how powerful they are instead of showing how powerful they are sad

thats all they do is talk trash during the whole comic?

Bentley
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thats all they do is talk trash during the whole comic?

It's stuff like "oh, we're so powerful, we're so dangerous; now let's keep fighting this fodder villains with random blasts". Seriously, I think one of Quasar's lines was actually "damn, Ronan is badass", yet somehow they had to team up Voltron style twice in the last issue erm

WhiteWitchKing
Yeah, that's one of the big reasons why this book sucks. The other reason is Quasar looking like a novice in space and turning emo. All I care about for this team is that they beat up powerful opponents with some light hearted humor. What we get are nut sucking done by Quasar in poorly written narrations.

Bentley
Yep, some people were worried that the characters would've a bland characterization because they are kind of bland in most of their appearances. At the end we got the worse from two worlds, weak characters and weak power portrayal.

The one thing I liked about the entire mini was Ronan -and Rocket Raccoon, but I love that guy-.

Philosophía
This was blatant battleboard writing.

How could this have possibly passed as something that should be published?

Bentley
It was like the story of one of the random SNES Dbz games.

BruceSkywalker
It's stuff like "oh, we're so powerful, we're so dangerous; now let's keep fighting this fodder villains with random blasts". Seriously, I think one of Quasar's lines was actually "damn, Ronan is badass", yet somehow they had to team up Voltron style twice in the last issue erm

Yeah, that's one of the big reasons why this book sucks. The other reason is Quasar looking like a novice in space and turning emo. All I care about for this team is that they beat up powerful opponents with some light hearted humor. What we get are nut sucking done by Quasar in poorly written narrations.

would you recommend it?

dmills
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
would you recommend it? No. Not in good faith.

Bentley
Personally I wouldn't either: This is the one cosmic book Marvel published this past years I don't liked, it's worse than Chaos War. I'm serious when I say that the Rocket Raccoon part of the story it's way better that the "main" story.

You must really like Rocket a lot to buy this thing.

Sr J-Bieb
I'm disappointed that I bought all these issues... oh wait, no I didn't.

Thanos Imperative had way better portrayals... what the **** happened?

HigH ScholaR
The art work alone is enough to make me cringe

Black bolt z
Wasn't great. Hopefully something good will come of what immortus said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.