Akuma vs Lugia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordxalba
Something makes u confused, maybe.
Anyway who wins laughing

TheAuraAngel
Lugia.

A-OPEN
Originally posted by lordxalba
Something makes u confused, maybe.
Anyway who wins laughing

What Lugia?

The Scenario
The pokemon?

Ridley_Prime
I think he's asking whether it's the regular form Lugia or Lugia as a Shadow Pokeymanz, or something like that. Either way, lol @ the matchup. I expected as much from lordxalba.

StyleTime
Lugia boasts 4x resistance to fighting type and Akuma only has fighting type moves. Lugia could run any set, but I'd go for Offensive Calm Mind Lugia. After 1 boost from Calm Mind, Lugia would sweep the Street Fighter cast with STAB Aeroblast. Lugia might want to use Earth Power instead of Thunder to help with Blanka though.

Lugia can Roost/Recover off Life Orb recoil to take full advantage of its bulk and help safeguard against random criticals.

Tha C-Master
I'm guessing Lugia, although Akuma moves stem from fighting to energy, to supernatural.

I'm not sure of Lugia's best feats though.

The Scenario
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lugia#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries

According to the pokedex it blows houses apart and causes massive storms just by moving around. And it shares some undersea resistance with Akuma.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by The Scenario
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lugia#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries

According to the pokedex it blows houses apart and causes massive storms just by moving around. And it shares some undersea resistance with Akuma.

Also, if we're counting movies, Lugia is a lightning timer.

Not to mention, are we allowing for TM moves? Cause poison is an annoying son of a beach in the world of pokemon.

No End N Site
We should wait to see this "New"/"Oni" Akuma

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3944/1215293g4v5kj4x.jpg

Demonic Phoenix
Ho-Oh comes in and spanks them both. kruemelmonsteryn0

That said, I am so glad and sad at the same time, that Xalba decided not to use a Pokemon like Palkia or Dialga.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by No End N Site
We should wait to see this "New"/"Oni" Akuma

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3944/1215293g4v5kj4x.jpg ? Is that one of those sprites from SF4?

No End N Site
^ It's one of the new Ultra bosses from the Arcade Edition of Super SFIV.

He's unofficially dubbed Oni Akuma, beyond Shin.
http://www.badrobotninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/oni-akuma.jpg
Shudders at the thought of Akuma havein' a level beyond Shin.

Tha C-Master
Wait, is there a vid of him?

Nevermind, saw your comment.

Man at the Comic book vs Forum some guys think Daredevil beats Akuma, I'm at a loss for words...

No End N Site
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Wait, is there a vid of him?

Nevermind, saw your comment.

Man at the Comic book vs Forum some guys think Daredevil beats Akuma, I'm at a loss for words...

Maybe he can. To be honest, I fell outta comics years ago. The last one I bought had Sentry rip Carnage in half in the New Avengers...I like Carnage....

I fell off for a few months and the next thing I know, I'm like 40 issues behind. I was just like "phuck it" after that. I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted to. So all my knowledge would be base offa outdated info.

Demonic Phoenix
^ It's one of the new Ultra bosses from the Arcade Edition of Super SFIV.

He's unofficially dubbed Oni Akuma, beyond Shin.
http://www.badrobotninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/oni-akuma.jpg
Shudders at the thought of Akuma havein' a level beyond Shin.

Damn. Looks pretty cool. That said, it might be non-canon like Evil Ryu.

Tha C-Master
They already have Shin Akuma and Gouken in SF4, they just don't have the names there. Another Akuma might be silly, I don't know. I like the Orochi Akuma though, he was my favorite. Originally posted by No End N Site
Maybe he can. To be honest, I fell outta comics years ago. The last one I bought had Sentry rip Carnage in half in the New Avengers...I like Carnage....

I fell off for a few months and the next thing I know, I'm like 40 issues behind. I was just like "phuck it" after that. I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted to. So all my knowledge would be base offa outdated info.

DD loses to Spider-Man, he is a peak human that lifts 800 lbs. He's been amped up a bit in his run, but nothing *that* spectacular. He's at the level of very low Super-human speed and strength and agility.

I like Carnage too...

Demonic Phoenix
They already have Shin Akuma and Gouken in SF4, they just don't have the names there. Another Akuma might be silly, I don't know. I like the Orochi Akuma though, he was my favorite.

^ Yeah, I remembered, which is why I edited my post. stick out tongue

NemeBro

I fell off for a few months and the next thing I know, I'm like 40 issues behind. I was just like "phuck it" after that. I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted to. So all my knowledge would be base offa outdated info. what is wrong with that?

Sentry is much more powerful than Carnage.

Tha C-Master
Carnage stomps Sentry by webbing his eyes. Sentry gives Ingrid a run with being over the top.Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ Yeah, I remembered, which is why I edited my post. stick out tongue I saw. stick out tongue

I thought they said not to take those seriously though (the images). Who knows.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
That said, it might be non-canon like Evil Ryu.

I doubt it. This is SFIV. Ryu has SNH supers despite the fact he was supposed to be over it.Originally posted by NemeBro
what is wrong with that?

Sentry is much more powerful than Carnage.

Yeah, doesn't matter. I never like seein' my favs get torn in half in outter space by super heroes I barely even know.

DD loses to Spider-Man, he is a peak human that lifts 800 lbs. He's been amped up a bit in his run, but nothing *that* spectacular. He's at the level of very low Super-human speed and strength and agility.

I like Carnage too...

He doesn't sound very good. I don't remember him being all that great either, but like I said, I've got no up- to-date knowledge on him. So I'll be stayin' far away from any CB fights. Now, I'll gladly clear up any untruths on Akuma's behalf.

So, is Mr. Kasady dead forever? Don't...lie to me!

Tha C-Master
I doubt it. This is SFIV. Ryu has SNH supers despite the fact he was supposed to be over it.

Yeah, doesn't matter. I never like seein' my favs get torn in half in outter space by super heroes I barely even know.

He doesn't sound very good. I don't remember him being all that great either, but like I said, I've got no up- to-date knowledge on him. So I'll be stayin' far away from any CB fights. Now, I'll gladly clear up any untruths on Akuma's behalf.

So, is Mr. Kasady dead forever? Don't...lie to me! Well SF4 is before SF3 canonically.

Anyways Cassidy is an unknown, but the symbiote is back. Not sure about the host.

No End N Site
Well SF4 is before SF3 canonically.

Anyways Cassidy is an unknown, but the symbiote is back. Not sure about the host.

Why no struggle in SFII, then or Alpha 3?

Wait man, is his name spelled like Cassidy or Kasady, cuz I'm lookin' at the comics and I see both?

Tha C-Master
It was my understanding that he struggled until about SF3.

I think it has been both actually.

StyleTime
I'm guessing Lugia, although Akuma moves stem from fighting to energy, to supernatural.

I was honestly just making a comedic reference to competitive Pokemon.

I've got no idea how most of that, like resistances, would apply in a cross game match.

BugsBunny
Lugia Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.