Who could lift more?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
They have in front of them a metal ball that can be made denser to increase its weight.

Who could lift the heaviest?

Magneto (Magnetism)

Superman (Physical Strength)

X-Man (Telekinesis)

Parmaniac
Going by (absolute top) feats Superman did an impossible feat by lifting the book with infinite pages.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Going by (absolute top) feats Superman did an impossible feat by lifting the book with infinite pages. that's also an unquantifiable feat erm

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's also an unquantifiable feat erm I know it still happend

Starscream M
I know it still happend I know, but it tells us nothing about superman's strength

the book certainly didn't have infinite weight

Colossus-Big C
he only lifted half, captain marvel lifted the other half so its not a superman feat

Sin I AM
is it me or hasnt mags always strained entirely too much when lifting objects? based on his powers he should do stuff like move moving asteroids with relative ease

Omega Vision
Superman.
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he only lifted half, captain marvel lifted the other half so its not a superman feat
Even going by your logic, lifting half of infinity would be a much bigger lifting feat than either Magneto or X-Man have ever accomplished.

-Pr-
Even without using the book feat, Superman should have the advantage, imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman.

Even going by your logic, lifting half of infinity would be a much bigger lifting feat than either Magneto or X-Man have ever accomplished. there is no such concept as half of infinity no expression

Omega Vision
there is no such concept as half of infinity no expression
Which is why I said "going by logic"

Seriously try to read next time.

Starscream M
Which is why I said "going by logic"

Seriously try to read next time. two wrongs don't make a right erm

are you saying then that you accept superman has limitless strength?

Omega Vision
two wrongs don't make a right erm

are you saying then that you accept superman has limitless strength?
Yeah I'll pretend that's some kind of cogent retort to my post...

Did I say that in this thread?

Colossus-Big C
two wrongs don't make a right erm

are you saying then that you accept superman has limitless strength? he has half limitless strength

Omega Vision
he has half limitless strength
laughing out loud

Starscream M

Did I say that in this thread? you seemed to imply it

what's your take on the infinite book feat then?

Lord_Talron
so whats half limitless str? 500 lbs?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
so whats half limitless str? 500 lbs? no..

500+500=1000

thats nowhere near infinity

Tha C-Master
Infinity and unlimited aren't the same thing either.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Infinity and unlimited aren't the same thing either.

lol they arent? roll eyes (sarcastic)

tideoftime
I would say, using upper-feats as a far-goalpost, and general feats as the expected median, it would *likely* go as follows:

Superman (physical strength)

Magneto (magnetism, assuming applicable to the situation at hand)

X-man (while I give Mag's the 2nd rank, obviously X has more versatility in terms of applicable force, which of course circumstantially can give him the second spot, depending on specifics...)

... or something like that...

Bouboumaster
The Hulk

Black bolt z
he has half limitless strength laughing

carver9
Good thread and my answer is "I don't know" .

TheTyrant
Superman.

Even going by your logic, lifting half of infinity would be a much bigger lifting feat than either Magneto or X-Man have ever accomplished.

'Half of infinity'? Apparently the guy who wrote that book thought 1 _ 1 could equal infinity.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by carver9
Good thread and my answer is "I don't know" .

Stop the Marvel bias.

The answer is very clear.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by TheTyrant
'Half of infinity'? Apparently the guy who wrote that book thought 1 _ 1 could equal infinity. its actually kind of a paradox. if two people lift something that has infinity weight, how much do each of them lift? because they are clearly sharing the weight, except the item weighs infinity

Colossus-Big C
i wonder what would happen if someone had half of Gods power?

Lord_Talron
paradox

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Stop the Marvel bias.

The answer is very clear.

Its not very clear since magneto has lifted an island the size of a city into space without to much trouble. Superman nor xman has a feat comparable to that.

That's if we are comparing it to LIFTING feats.

Lord_Talron
thats an absolutely incredible feat considering the force required to get something that size out of earths atmosphere

Omega Vision
Its not very clear since magneto has lifted an island the size of a city into space without to much trouble. Superman nor xman has a feat comparable to that.
facepalm

Parmaniac
there should be a laughing facepalm.

Omega Vision
there should be a laughing facepalm.
There's this:
durlaugh

And there's this:
durpalm

Someone must combine them.

SamZED
So does it mean Supes could've lifte it by himself without the help from Cap Marvel? I mean, if you can lift "half" of infinite pages its no different than lifting infinite pages.

Parmaniac
That's DC for you

King Castle
gotta love the explanation for it. he has dynamic powers which is why he struggled to lift the daily globe but can lift infinite mass and whatnot.

Colossus-Big C
theres a theory that it may have been cap lifting 99% of the weight with his magic

Parmaniac
theres a theory that it may have been cap lifting 99% of the weight with his magic Let me guess, it's yours?

King Castle
i could see that....mhmm he is magic afterall and powered by zues, atlas and hercules...

plus it's funny when DC tries to explain half their sh$# with reason.

well magic can do that...

well warp jump allows for intergalactic travel, motherbox, lobo bike

Flash speed force allows him to not damage the environment or himself and reach near and FTL speed..

Fan: what about superman?

DC: umm.. he is dynamic its his power.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by King Castle
i could see that....mhmm he is magic afterall and powered by zues, atlas and hercules...
Atlas did held up the universe after all..

SamZED
But even 1% of infinity is still infinity... No actually, there IS no such thing as 1,2 or 5% of infinity.

carver9
I'm referring to lifting NOT pulling. What is supes or xman best LIFTING feat?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by SamZED
But even 1% of infinity is still infinity... No actually, there IS no such thing as 1,2 or 5% of infinity.

Indeed.

Let's just chalk it up as a wacky outlier and be done with it.

Or, simply acknowledge it as 'incalculable weight' as opposed to 'infinite', and then be done with it.

Parmaniac
I'm referring to lifting NOT pulling. What is supes or xman best LIFTING feat? What does this have to do with anything?

carver9
What does this have to do with anything?

A lot... it would help me with my judgement. Magneto lifted a city sized meteor with ease... what has xman or supes lifted under their own power?

Parmaniac
A lot... it would help me with my judgement. Magneto lifted a city sized meteor with ease... what has xman or supes lifted under their own power? Originally posted by Starscream M
They have in front of them a metal ball that can be made denser to increase its weight.

Who could lift the heaviest?

Magneto (Magnetism)

Superman (Physical Strength)

X-Man (Telekinesis) It seems you nitpick on the rules to give Mags the win here. You want a "non-pulling" feat while for Mags pulling/lifting is the same.

We can use the Moon feat and split it into 3 if you want (Superman, WW, MM). that's still more than a city.

Lord_Talron
once you get into space pulling and lifting are very hard to separate as well

-Pr-
A lot... it would help me with my judgement. Magneto lifted a city sized meteor with ease... what has xman or supes lifted under their own power?

strength is strength.

and superman's feats STILL outclass it a "city sized meteor" by a fair way.

Black bolt z
Carver logically pulling>lifting.

Now in space that might differ but i'm not a physicist...yet excellent

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
so you could benchpress more than you could pull? I doubt it

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-

and superman's feats STILL outclass it a "city sized meteor" by a fair way. I'd beg to differ

-Pr-
I'd beg to differ

then you'd be wrong. even byrne superman was lifting objects that were stated to be able to "crush metropolis with one step".

Starscream M
then you'd be wrong. even byrne superman was lifting objects that were stated to be able to "crush metropolis with one step". and doesn't comics often show him with a hint of struggling even when lifting a large airplane

CosmicComet

What?

Parmaniac
so you could benchpress more than you could pull? I doubt it wohey you're finally right on something

-Pr-
and doesn't comics often show him with a hint of struggling even when lifting a large airplane

no. not often. not in the slightest.

King Castle
would you like to see scans of him struggling?

-Pr-

you're going to cherry pick scans just to prove a point, even though his average puts him in the millions if not billions of tons? go right ahead.

please, try to show me something i haven't seen before. ermm

carver9
It seems you nitpick on the rules to give Mags the win here. You want a "non-pulling" feat while for Mags pulling/lifting is the same.

We can use the Moon feat and split it into 3 if you want (Superman, WW, MM). that's still more than a city.

The op said "LIFT" not pull. They are two different things. I can pull far more weight than what I can lift. I can pull a couch but I sure as hell can't lift it over my head.

Space... weight is completely gone... there really isn't a such thing as weight "in space". Everything basically float with free will. That is why I am asking you for a lifting feat. This isn't hard... show me one because magneto lifted the city with his magnetic powers.

I know of some of supes "lifting" feats but it is a far cry away frm lifting a city.

carver9

He strained lifting a pyramid.

-Pr-
Space... weight is completely gone... there really isn't a such thing as weight "in space". Everything basically float with free will. That is why I am asking you for a lifting feat. This isn't hard... show me one because magneto lifted the city with his magnetic powers.

I know of some of supes "lifting" feats but it is a far cry away frm lifting a city.

no, it's not. everything has mass, and anything with a gravitational pull is going to be incredibly difficult to move.

you're right; they're far better than that.

He strained lifting a pyramid.

facepalm

Parmaniac
Space... weight is completely gone... there really isn't a such thing as weight "in space". Everything basically float with free will. That is why I am asking you for a lifting feat. This isn't hard... show me one because magneto lifted the city with his magnetic powers. No it's not, the more mass something has the more inert it is in space that's why a Spaceshuttle can lift off and leave earth without blowing it (earth) out of our star system into the depths of space.

carver9
no, it's not. everything has mass, and anything with a gravitational pull is going to be incredibly difficult to move.

you're right; they're far better than that.

facepalm

Besides planets and stars... things don't float freely in space?

-Pr-
Besides planets and stars... things don't float freely in space?

things can float. they just have mass, and weight. planets orbit stars. moons orbit planets.

a human? a space shuttle? sure, but once gravity comes in to it, any talk about "weight not mattering" is plain untrue.

Mindset
I'm not sure what your question is really asking?

carver9
No it's not, the more mass something has the more inert it is in space that's why a Spaceshuttle can lift off and leave earth without blowing it (earth) out of our star system into the depths of space.

Omg... I never said that planets are weightless but a space shuttle gains more speed when it reaches space.

carver9
things can float. they just have mass, and weight. planets orbit stars. moons orbit planets.

a human? a space shuttle? sure, but once gravity comes in to it, any talk about "weight not mattering" is plain untrue.

So you are saying that there is gravity in space?

Parmaniac
Omg... I never said that planets are weightless but a space shuttle gains more speed when it reaches space. Let put this simple for you:

We have a mouse and an elefant, both in space and both moving towards each other with the same speed. What will happen?

King Castle
depending on the speed they bounce off or one attracts the other into it's gravitational pull.

carver9
Let put this simple for you:

We have a mouse and an elefant, both in space and both moving towards each other with the same speed. What will happen?

The elephant will eat the mouse.

Answer this... we have human and a elephant on earth and we have a human and a elephant in space.... which human would be able to move the elephant the furthest?

Parmaniac
The elephant will eat the mouse.

Answer this... we have human and a elephant on earth and we have a human and a elephant in space.... which human would be able to move the elephant the furthest? The human will fail in both cause you're not able to understand the concept behind it. If you would be able to answer my question you could possibly understand it.

EDIT: In space (where you think the human can pull the elephant) the human won't pull the elephant towards himself, no he will pull himself towrd the elephant cause the elephant has more mass.

King Castle
unable to exert sufficient force.. but, technically muscular exertion should do the trick but it would cause the person to also push himself off

carver9
unable to exert sufficient force.. but, technically muscular exertion should do the trick but it would cause the person to also push himself off

This is EXACTLY what I am saying.

carver9
The human will fail in both cause you're not able to understand the concept behind it. If you would be able to answer my question you could possibly understand it.

EDIT: In space (where you think the human can pull the elephant) the human won't pull the elephant towards himself, no he will pull himself towrd the elephant cause the elephant has more mass.

Ok... last question... let's use the elephant and human scenerio again. Let's say the human in space is able to fly, would he be able to pull the elephant if the elephant was tied to a rope and he had the rope in his hands?

Parmaniac
Ok... last question... let's use the elephant and human scenerio again. Let's say the human in space is able to fly, would he be able to pull the elephant if the elephant was tied to a rope and he had the rope in his hands? It's impossible to answer this with logic.

carver9
It's impossible to answer this with logic.

Let's use comic book logic for these types of questions.

King Castle
if the human had a rocket engine which propelled and exerted more force then the object's mass, then yes.

this falls in the assumption that superman's flight generates a similar counter force

Black bolt z
so you could benchpress more than you could pull? I doubt it Probably.Bench pressing 20 tons vs. pulling 20 tons I'd go with bench pressing being easier.

At least it seems that way to me.

carver9
if the human had a rocket engine which propelled and exerted more force then the object's mass, then yes.

this falls in the assumption that superman's flight generates a similar counter force

Sure does... the human would be able to pull that elephant without to much trouble at all. That is why I exclude everything that happens in space INCLUDING the speed that someone is traveling since there is nothing holding that persons speed back. That is why people like magneto and ironman can achieve light speed in space... hell, terrax has flown at the speed of light in space before... nothing there to hold them back.

Lord_Talron
then you'd be wrong. even byrne superman was lifting objects that were stated to be able to "crush metropolis with one step". a relatively small meteor could destroy metropolis entirely. lifting something and getting something to escape earth's atmosphere are two entirely different things. having enough force/strength to force something into space is exponentially more than just lifting it

Starscream M
depending on the speed they bounce off or one attracts the other into it's gravitational pull. there's no orbit pull for either....they're way too small to exert gravity

carver9
Probably.Bench pressing 20 tons vs. pulling 20 tons I'd go with bench pressing being easier.

At least it seems that way to me.

Well you are wrong.

Is it easier to lift a couch or pull one?

Starscream M

EDIT: In space (where you think the human can pull the elephant) the human won't pull the elephant towards himself, no he will pull himself towrd the elephant cause the elephant has more mass. if the human had leverage, he would be able to move the elephant

superman can fly...hence his leverage

Lord_Talron
Probably.Bench pressing 20 tons vs. pulling 20 tons I'd go with bench pressing being easier.

At least it seems that way to me. you're joking right? have you ever actually bench pressed before?

Starscream M

At least it seems that way to me. lol talk to me when you have benchpressed...anything.

carver9
you're joking right? have you ever actually bench pressed before?

That is what I was thinking.

That was a terrible answer that he gave.

Parmaniac
if the human had leverage, he would be able to move the elephant

superman can fly...hence his leverage So as soon as someone can fly he can push the entire universe with one finger?

Black bolt z
lol talk to me when you have benchpressed...anything. Yes.

To me it all seems on how much your lifting vs. pulling.

Its like destroying vs. lifting.

A regular human has a better chance of lifting a chair then he does destroying it.But he has a better chance of destroying a mountain then lifting that.

Neither would be easy but IMO to me it all would depend on how much you are lifting vs. how much you are pulling.

Lifting 200 lb would be harder then pulling it.But puling a car with no wheels would be harder then lifting it. Just IMO.

carver9
Yes.

A regular human has a better chance of lifting a chair then he does destroying it.But he has a better chance of destroying a mountain then lifting that.

Neither would be easy but IMO to me it all would depend on how much you are lifting vs. how much you are pulling.

Lifting 200 lb would be harder then pulling it.But puling a car with no wheels would be harder then lifting it. Just IMO.

Everything you said was just plain out WRONG.

CosmicComet
Pulling a car with no wheels would still be easier than benchpressing it.

Starscream M
@bbz, wtf are you babbling about?

Lord_Talron
Yes.

Lifting 200 lb would be harder then pulling it.But puling a car with no wheels would be harder then lifting it. Just IMO. WHAT. you're telling me that to lift an ENTIRE CAR would be easier than pulling it. what the F*CK are you on?

about pulling stuff in space, the answer im sure, is much more complicated than either sides are making it. in space there is no friction and theres a sense of weightlessness, yet you cant pull a spaceship towards you.

Starscream M
So as soon as someone can fly he can push the entire universe with one finger? a human could lift an elephant on the moon

carver9
So as soon as someone can fly he can push the entire universe with one finger?

That's not what we are saying but he sure as hell can move more weight in space with his flight versus doing it on earth and we both know why.

King Castle
So as soon as someone can fly he can push the entire universe with one finger? only if you are superman. he's dynamic

Philosophía
Superman.

And him lifting infinite weight - which he did, as there's no proof within the story context or actual direct statement to say otherwise - quite the contrary - is valid, no matter how much sadness it provokes to the haters. In fact, that whole story was about Superman being the ultimate hero and doing impossible things, such as, at the end of the story, being capable of containing the bleed when nobody except the Monitors, who are writer analogues, should be able to.

"They were wrong. Superman can."

As for the thread, Superman, definitley.

quanchi112

Black bolt z
a human could lift an elephant on the moon No.

King Castle
fine then.. Pluto.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
False. He needed aid and the feat is something ultraman did by himself.
Ultraman being Superman's equal in terms of power and strength.

a human could lift an elephant on the moon
Nope. Even in the Moon's reduced gravity a six ton elephant would still weigh close to a ton.

fine then.. Pluto.
According to the calc I'm using a six ton elephant would weigh upwards of 800 lbs on Pluto. So still no. Unless we're talking a leg press.

Uriel005
Magneto and Xman have never moved planetary masses larger than an asteroid. Superman has...

Lord_Talron
800 lbs is in the range of possible...

Omega Vision
800 lbs is in the range of possible...
Well it depends on how you intend to lift the elephant.

I think the world record for standing military press (which is what we tend to think about when we talk about lifting feats) is somewhere between 450 and 600 lbs.

Now the record for the leg press is over half a ton, so that's doable for a human...just a very strong human.

The Pict

Are you joking?

carver9
Well it depends on how you intend to lift the elephant.

I think the world record for standing military press (which is what we tend to think about when we talk about lifting feats) is somewhere between 450 and 600 lbs.

Now the record for the leg press is over half a ton, so that's doable for a human...just a very strong human.

None of this really matters since basically what we are saying is that thing weigh far lees in space vs on a planetary environment.

Supes himself admitted this when he said that with the gravity on the moon it shouldn't take doomsday any time to cover the distance to ge to the tower.

carver9
Originally posted by The Pict
Are you joking?

No... I'm not kidding. That is why I am asking for a lifting feat. What is so hard to understand?

Uriel005
No... I'm not kidding. That is why I am asking for a lifting feat. What is so hard to understand? how about any time Superman has shifted a planet even the disputable one with the assistance of green lantern he still far outstrips the other two.

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Pict
Are you joking?

lol

Uriel005
true Nuul. btw Doctor Who fan reporting in big grin and he in terms of lifting feats the Tardis is now entered as it is a living being. Try towing earth back into place for a feat.

carver9
Originally posted by Uriel005
how about any time Superman has shifted a planet even the disputable one with the assistance of green lantern he still far outstrips the other two.

Is this a pulling thread or lifting feat thread? So what has he lifted.

Omega Vision
One of the Wheels of Mageddon.

carver9
One of the Wheels of Mageddon.

I give up. confused

Parmaniac
What about the mini black hole?

Philosophía
Originally posted by quanchi112
False. He needed aid and the feat is something ultraman did by himself.

I love the fact that you've gotten to the point where people don't even need to quote posts from other threads (like ODG did) to contradict your own stance - they have to look no further than your current one.

-Pr-
So you are saying that there is gravity in space?

are you serious?

Sure does... the human would be able to pull that elephant without to much trouble at all. That is why I exclude everything that happens in space INCLUDING the speed that someone is traveling since there is nothing holding that persons speed back. That is why people like magneto and ironman can achieve light speed in space... hell, terrax has flown at the speed of light in space before... nothing there to hold them back.

except providing sufficent thrust and acceleration.

a relatively small meteor could destroy metropolis entirely. lifting something and getting something to escape earth's atmosphere are two entirely different things. having enough force/strength to force something into space is exponentially more than just lifting it

which he did. he lifted it up off the ground, and carried it in to space.

and it was an earthbound monster.

are you saying physical strength isn't involved in lifting?

Prep-Man
Is Carver joking around?

carver9
What about the mini black hole?

Omg...

Examples....

Hulk lifted a mountain and tossed it some miles.
Hulk lifted some mountains again, twice the size of our biggest mountain.
Gladiator one handed the baxter building.
Gladiator lifted a machine that was the size of a mountain.
War hulk one handed a pyramid.
Hulk lifted up a 100 ft tall dragon and threw it to the moon.
Hulk lifted up a 80 story building and threw it to the sun.
Hulk lifted up and one handed the space ship that brought him to the planet sakaar.

Do you understand what I mean by lifting now and by the way, the black hole was "contained" and to omega comment about supes moving the wheels... there were also hundreds of human there aiding him in pulling the wheel. I know they didn't play a major part in pulling but using the mag feat is like saying that they are strong as well. All of these are inconsistent feats and honestly, it has nothing to do with lifting imo.

carver9
are you serious?

except providing sufficent thrust and acceleration.

which he did. he lifted it up off the ground, and carried it in to space.

and it was an earthbound monster.

are you saying physical strength isn't involved in lifting?

I know that physical strength is involved but there are numerous of other things involved as well.

Do you have a lifting feat? Why is it so hard to come by this?

Parmaniac
Omg...

Examples....

Hulk lifted a mountain and tossed it some miles.
Hulk lifted some mountains again, twice the size of our biggest mountain.
Gladiator one handed the baxter building.
Gladiator lifted a machine that was the size of a mountain.
War hulk one handed a pyramid.
Hulk lifted up a 100 ft tall dragon and threw it to the moon.
Hulk lifted up a 80 story building and threw it to the sun.
Hulk lifted up and one handed the space ship that brought him to the planet sakaar.

Do you understand what I mean by lifting now and by the way, the black hole was "contained" and to omega comment about supes moving the wheels... there were also hundreds of human there aiding him in pulling the wheel. I know they didn't play a major part in pulling but using the mag feat is like saying that they are strong as well. All of these are inconsistent feats and honestly, it has nothing to do with lifting imo. Take a look at the first reply in this thread.

plus what do you mean by "contained"?

PLUS I'm not a Superman fan ask Pr or Phil

carver9
Take a look at the first reply in this thread.

plus what do you mean by "contained"?

PLUS I'm not a Superman fan ask Pr or Phil

I will

The black hole containment field was breaking apart. That was superman entire purpose... to prevent it from completely shedding... holding on to it until the martian found a way to prevent the containment field from rupturing. I am pretty sure someone have the scans... I read it a while back. I can try to get guy to post it for you. I don't want to say what was happening at the end because I am pretty sure people are going to say that I am low balling but the only thing that I am going to say is that the containment field "almost" ruptured completly.

-Pr-
I know that physical strength is involved but there are numerous of other things involved as well.

Do you have a lifting feat? Why is it so hard to come by this?

like?

we have plenty of lifting feats. just because he's flying following it, you love to discount them even without evidence.

and i named one.

Allankles
No... I'm not kidding. That is why I am asking for a lifting feat. What is so hard to understand?

First of all Superman has already lifted and tossed city sized objects into orbit. Not to mention manually working the Mageddon Wheels with his feet providing the only traction. The wheels were powering a machine that was bigger than the solar system.

laughing out loud If Magneto lifted an island it was against Earth's gravity. Superman has pushed the whole damn planet out of its orbit, basically against the Sun's gravity well. Taking into account the astronomical weight of the planet, the person that can do that, can generate more than enough force to lift an island the size of a large city.

You asked what his lifting capacity is, he can lift well in excess of an island. When you consider his tactile telekinesis, his capacity goes up since he can maintain the integrity of whatever he is lifting.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Allankles
When you consider his tactile telekinesis, his capacity goes up since he can maintain the integrity of whatever he is lifting. He doesn't have TTK anymore.

"Id"

Allankles
He doesn't have TTK anymore.

Weird that, eliminate the reason it was included in the first place & you would think it was a useful power to keep.

Silent Master
Where was this "infinitely" heavy book before Superman lifted it?

psycho gundam
on a class 100 bookshelf

Philosophía
Originally posted by "Id"
Slap yourself. facepalm Ah, if it isn't the 'Nate Grey operates in planck time' absurdity himself. haermm

Originally posted by psycho gundam
on a class 100 bookshelf
"Class 100" is practically an infinitesimally smaller term, compared to what Superman lifted. ha-som

Allankles
Originally posted by Silent Master
Where was this "infinitely" heavy book before Superman lifted it?

It was in some kind of energy field.

Silent Master
It was in some kind of energy field.

Was the energy field located in space?

Parmaniac
Was the energy field located in space? Do yourself a favor and don't try to make it logical.

psycho gundam

quanchi112

Parmaniac
Originally posted by psycho gundam
reed makes batman look like a defective stopwatch ha-som http://asset.soup.io/asset/0269/4786_1369.jpeg

Silent Master
Do yourself a favor and don't try to make it logical.

Seems to me that if the book was on a planet, then either the planet can support infinite weight or it was merely a hyperbolic statement.

Allankles
Was the energy field located in space?

The energy field was suspending the book in the air, and the field itself was a sphere surrounding the book. Iirc the book was housed in a building in Limbo (which is a dimension outside of the DC multiverse).

From the way it was drawn it looked like all the stories written and that will be written were compacted, like the field was acting like a black hole or like the book inside the field was a singularity (since it was drawn as a bright nucleus).

Allankles
Seems to me that if the book was on a planet, then either the planet can support infinite weight or it was merely a hyperbolic statement.

It wasn't on a planet, Limbo is a dimension where all the forgotten things in the DC multiverse end up. It's more like a seemingly limitless garbage site.

Parmaniac
It's more like a seemingly limitless garbage site. Comicvine vs. section?

Mindset
Things in limbo weigh less.

shifty

Allankles
Comicvine vs. section?

You lost me on section.

Silent Master
So they weren't in space or on a planet. Does Limbo even follow the same rules of physics as the normal DC universe?

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindset
Things in limbo weigh less.

shifty

heh! It was hyperbolic, "infinite" is an idea.

Given the power symbolism has in the Overvoid, it is likely a result of Superman's inspirational role, together with Cpt. Marvel, that allowed him to even lift said book.

The same with Ultraman whose life began the same as Clark except he ended up in a universe controlled mostly by evil (confrimed when Ultraman is used for the Cosmic Suit).

Allankles
So they weren't in space or on a planet. Does Limbo even follow the same rules of physics as the normal DC universe?

Not likely, but it has its own internal gravity of course, i.e. the giant ship that Superman and co landed with was drawn to the place, I'll have to reread the issue when I get home.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol they arent? roll eyes (sarcastic) No dear. I'm glad I cleared that up for you. wink

Silent Master

"Id"

-Pr-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.