Prototype 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Can't say I'm surprised that Prototype would get a sequel although I am surprised that someone else will be taking Mercer's spotlight since it appears that he will be the main antagonist of the sequel, Prototype 2.

YcE49QaowpI&feature=related

Turning into a giant looks interesting.

General_Iroh
This looks like it won't be very different from the original =/ Fun at first, but a few hours in and you've done everything fun there is to do ten times over.

Kazenji
Never went near the first one i guess i'm not missing much.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by General_Iroh
This looks like it won't be very different from the original =/ Fun at first, but a few hours in and you've done everything fun there is to do ten times over.
Yeah, makes me think of TFU 2 as far as that goes.

TheGoldenSpy
I believe that the core gameplay for Prototype was awesome. Alex Mercer was a really cool character and was fun to play as. But the game was brought down because of how underbalanced his powers were. His claws were pretty much useless after you got anything else. And they needed way more enemy types. Only 2 enemies were challenging, Those big pink things and the super soldiers. Otherwise tanks and helicopters were not fun to engage.

Also, the place itself was bland. Just streets and blocks you could run on. It would be better if you could play alex in the Just cause 2 city (panau).

General_Iroh
indeed, free roam in the city has been done time and time again and it just isn't that fun anymore. Not to mention that in the first prototype when you get late in the game you have an endless amount of helicopters that you have to fend off at all times erm

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. That was capital B Boring.

FistOfThe North
nah prototype's fun. It had ps2 lookin graphics but everything else was good. I never became bored with game.

Play it in 3d..

I'll check out prototype 2.

BloodRawEngine
I kinda like the turn they took with the plot--introducing a new, semi-sympathetic protagonist out for revenge against the last game's protagonist makes for a cool twist that could really make things alot less black and white on the moral scale, and that's always good imo, because it can open up for more interesting discussions as to whose side you're on as the player watching the story.

jinXed by JaNx
First one didn't do much for me. The first few hours were fun but like everyone else has stated, the game just became monotonous and frustrating.

Allankles
I didn't like the first game for a variety of uncommon reasons. Mercer is supposed to be a hero yet could indiscriminately kill innocent bystanders, I mean where is the tension controlling a hero with no conscience?

There's supposed to be something that's in jeopardy in a super hero game. The rest of his powers were ok, but certain aspects of targeting were off. Also there needed to be a more visceral feel to hitting things.

If I hit a 180 to 250 pound man I want to feel it, the sense of weight at hitting such a body as I send him flying 50 m away would've added to combat in a minute but quite significant way. That sense of impact would've obviously gone up with the bigger targets (vehicles and monsters).

Zack Fair
I don't think he was ever supposed to be a hero, and he certainly wasn't trying to be one.

I like the story and Alex's powers, but the one thing that became frustrating was the never ending stream of choppers and tanks when all hell breaks loose.

Allankles
His story at least in the beginning set him up as a hero. A man with amnesia stuck in a city infected with monsters, while possessing monstrous abilities of his own.

He's not a werewolf that can't control his powers, he's fully in control of his abilities, there's no reason why he'd treat innocent bystanders like cattle. Hell, most of us treat cattle better.

The game lacked a sense of tension, as nothing was put in jeopardy, everything was game. So the unending military enemies got boring quick, as did the nondescript monsters.

Estacado
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-heller-prototype-2/711662

BloodRain
That was an oddly beautiful thing. Still, need more vids.

BloodRain
TxFZ73-pyVY

Not much we didn't already know.

Estacado
Lots of new stuff....info pics..etc...
http://www.egmmag.com/

http://www.trueachievements.com/n3265/prototype-2-roundup.htm

http://magbooks.org/post-23170/ps-mania-%E2%80%93-march-2011

http://viralmutantsanon.createforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34&p=16036#p16036

Phanteros
I know its a abit all but.
mbPZ9pS2xnw

A very chilling trailer.

Black bolt z
I liked the first game a lot. I don't think it got boring and it was always fun to just go around killing things.

Phanteros
LbR5W47emGQ

BloodRain
Uppercutting a helicopter... yes.. yes.

New feature; now able to let go of people when you grab them.... didnt say a it was a major feature.

Phanteros
Snw7RhO6vGc So they finally puts some colors other than Black, Red and Brown. Everything is more life like now.

Impediment
I never played the first Prototype since I ended up buying Infamous after reading mass reviews.

I have both Infamous games which I love to play, and a lot of people have told me that while Prototype, while inferior to Infamous, doesn't suck.

Do you guys think that I would enjoy the first Prototype?

dadudemon
I liked the story and gameplay much more than inFamous.

For sure, rent prototype. If you have gamefly.

The "parkour" and movement in Prototype are leagues better than inFamous. It's like night and day. You actually feel super-powered in Prototype...like greatly superpowered.

inFamous 2 does a bit better to make you seem more superpowerful. It's still not the same. I mean...when you unlock that beastly tank-like armor in prototype, have the surround system going, listening to his stomps and slicing through tanks like they are styrofoam...it's just awesome.

The story in Prototype completely kicks aaaasss. I want it made into a movie. It's that good. Def a 9 in the story department. It DOES get repetitive. But just running around the city can be satisfying.

RENT EEEET man.

Burning thought
I agree with the above, i feel so weak in Infamous. Its like hes not much stronger than a normal human other than the fact he has sparks from his fingers, which tbh are not even as interesting as Mercers varied combos of weapons and armours.

Impediment
I just might have to see how Prototype is then. Thanks for the input.

awermm

I-Drop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I liked the first game a lot. I don't think it got boring and it was always fun to just go around killing things. Ditto. I'm preordering the new one

MadMel
That video was VERY Hulk - UD. XD

Might consider getting both 1 and 2 after watching that. smile

dadudemon
Can't wait for this game.

socool8520
Originally posted by dadudemon
I liked the story and gameplay much more than inFamous.

For sure, rent prototype. If you have gamefly.

The "parkour" and movement in Prototype are leagues better than inFamous. It's like night and day. You actually feel super-powered in Prototype...like greatly superpowered.

inFamous 2 does a bit better to make you seem more superpowerful. It's still not the same. I mean...when you unlock that beastly tank-like armor in prototype, have the surround system going, listening to his stomps and slicing through tanks like they are styrofoam...it's just awesome.

The story in Prototype completely kicks aaaasss. I want it made into a movie. It's that good. Def a 9 in the story department. It DOES get repetitive. But just running around the city can be satisfying.

RENT EEEET man.

Really? Wow, I felt the exact opposite. I thought the story was much better for Infamous. And I agree that you feel weaker in Infamous, but I believe that makes it better since it actually made the game somewhat difficult. Prototype was much too easy because you could pretty much kill everything with ease and restoring health was way too abundant. I'm hoping they also change the monotony of the missions in the new installation.

dadudemon
Originally posted by socool8520
Really? Wow, I felt the exact opposite. I thought the story was much better for Infamous. And I agree that you feel weaker in Infamous, but I believe that makes it better since it actually made the game somewhat difficult. Prototype was much too easy because you could pretty much kill everything with ease and restoring health was way too abundant. I'm hoping they also change the monotony of the missions in the new installation.

You may be more skilled than some gamers, though. I felt the game, set on normal difficulty, had plenty of deaths. It was just enough, too. Hard was too hard. Easy was too easy. Normal was..well..normal.

If you're really good gaming, it may come easier to you. I recomend setting it to hard. With 3 swipes the RE type claw dudes (forget their names), you die. Fighting 2 is almost impossible without using the environment early on in the game. Once you get upgraded..you SHOULD kill stuff with ease because you've literally evolved as a being.

But the story in inFamous was weak, imo. It was almost cliched. Both were entertaining, but I found Prototype's to be on such a high level that it was one of the best game stories I've experienced in years...maybe even since the N64/PC days of my gaming life. That's how good it was to me (it was better than my first play through on KOTOR...and I really liked KOTOR's story...I didn't have it spoiled so it was a nice suprise to find out I was Revan.)

socool8520
You may be more skilled than some gamers, though. I felt the game, set on normal difficulty, had plenty of deaths. It was just enough, too. Hard was too hard. Easy was too easy. Normal was..well..normal.

If you're really good gaming, it may come easier to you. I recomend setting it to hard. With 3 swipes the RE type claw dudes (forget their names), you die. Fighting 2 is almost impossible without using the environment early on in the game. Once you get upgraded..you SHOULD kill stuff with ease because you've literally evolved as a being.

But the story in inFamous was weak, imo. It was almost cliched. Both were entertaining, but I found Prototype's to be on such a high level that it was one of the best game stories I've experienced in years...maybe even since the N64/PC days of my gaming life. That's how good it was to me (it was better than my first play through on KOTOR...and I really liked KOTOR's story...I didn't have it spoiled so it was a nice suprise to find out I was Revan.)

I doubt I'm more skilled lol. I have read another post from you where you found New Vegas to be easy. I personally found that game to be rather difficult (especially the Deathclaws). Maybe it's just platformers that I'm good at big grin I can see your point, it's just the other way around for me. I also found the Mercer to be kind of a tool as well. I know that Cole is when he is evil, but I usually play the good guy so Cole was more likable to me.

ares834
Originally posted by MadMel
That video was VERY Hulk - UD. XD

Might consider getting both 1 and 2 after watching that. smile

Probably because the first Prototype was the exact same game as Hulk UD. I mean it even had "Critical Mass".

ArtificialGlory
Let's all hope it doesn't suck as much as the 1st one.

socool8520
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Let's all hope it doesn't suck as much as the 1st one.

Lol...It wasn't that bad. I would give it a 7 out of 10. I just found the Infamous game to be the better non DC/Marvel superhero game.

I-Drop
Has anybody read the Prototype books that DC put out?

MadMel
Originally posted by ares834
Probably because the first Prototype was the exact same game as Hulk UD. I mean it even had "Critical Mass".
Considering that Hulk UD was the best superhero game out, I don't see how that can negatively affect my attitude towards prototype. I've started playing the first one, and its not that bad. :P

ares834
I loved Hulk UD as well, but I found Prototype to be a bore. The first half of the game is fun but the second half becomes a constant grind fest of helicopter after helicopeter coming after you.

dadudemon
Originally posted by socool8520
I doubt I'm more skilled lol. I have read another post from you where you found New Vegas to be easy. I personally found that game to be rather difficult (especially the Deathclaws). Maybe it's just platformers that I'm good at big grin I can see your point, it's just the other way around for me. I also found the Mercer to be kind of a tool as well. I know that Cole is when he is evil, but I usually play the good guy so Cole was more likable to me.

To get past the deathclaws at less than level 7 like I did...

Get a good gun with nice enough ammo (I actually killed most of them with the "That Gun" from Blade Runner and with the "infinite energy" rifle).

Hide up on the cliff/rocks where they can't get you and snipe them all out. It will take you hundreds to thousands of shots, however...which can be tedious. But I took them all out. (Died a few times trying to get to the right spot.) Save often because you will die a lot until you get a "good" spot. You will have to, at times, run down and trick them to follow you so you can snipe them out. Deathclaws were the most broken enemies in the game when you were at early levels. Too strong, imo. Later in the game...even at max levels, they can quickly kill you if there are more than one. I took the "legendary deathclaw" run very slowly and did not die once because of that.

And it's amazing to see how different two people that have very similar gaming interests, can really be: we both played NV, Prototype, and inFamous...yet we have two totally different perspectives on Cole and Mercer.

I super duper look forward to this game. I'm a bit irritated that it is going to take so long to come out, actually.

Nephthys
As DDM said, Deathclaws can't climb rocks.

They become fairly easy when you know that. Though that doesn't matter when you kill 50 of them and the bloody Enclave armor doesn't spawn. >_>

Estacado
Trailer of the year? Pretty much.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-red-prototype-2/722265

ares834
Meh... A merely decent CGI trailer IMO.

Estacado
Hater gtfo.....:P

dadudemon
Originally posted by Estacado
Trailer of the year? Pretty much.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-red-prototype-2/722265

Nah. It could be better.

A lot better considering what they have to work with.

Estacado
Rampage mode yay.....Imo this already looks better than the first atleast now you can use the weapons of armored vehicles you can also perform finishers on them and on the bigger guys also you can block combine 2 offensive powers graphics look much better as well...
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nycc-11-prototype-2/722516

Estacado
Looking better with each new vid....

http://www.gamespot.com/prototype-2/videos/prototype-2-hunt-kill-become-trailer-6347652

Estacado
Hehe....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4vRBeib3Kg

dadudemon
Hehe....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4vRBeib3Kg

I must say...this is looking to be more fun than any game I have played in the last 2 years. Even if they released a new game that was just the same as Prototype in every-way (but a new story, a new map, and new missions...like a really big expansion pack), it would still be a kick-ass game.

However, it looks like they have improved the game (after watching several of those videos) even more above the original.

Estacado
I must say...this is looking to be more fun than any game I have played in the last 2 years. Even if they released a new game that was just the same as Prototype in every-way (but a new story, a new map, and new missions...like a really big expansion pack), it would still be a kick-ass game.

However, it looks like they have improved the game (after watching several of those videos) even more above the original.
Yeah the improvment is amazing they have added so much more like the sonar hunting ,the weaponization .the finishers on the vehicles ,combining 2 powers, the mutation perks ,now you can possibly command infected the ,bio bomb ,upgrading your powers changes appearance....Prototype 1 was a bit of a let down or me but this seems much better...even the graphics are far more better now.

Estacado
This migh actually worth getting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqlHwXMvsik

Estacado
So if you pr-order you'll get 55 extra challenges ,unique mutations and after completing the 55 challanges an Alex Mercer skin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiQkJFUs4nc

Estacado
This video=shit load of fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwFWLGH9iwc

0mega Spawn
I remember in a memory on prototype 1 wasn't the virus originally designed to attack based on race?

i'll have to find my copy & make sure

edit
yup. james should say fk mercer & infect the rest of the world no expression

Phanteros
9_gkTdWmP90

dadudemon
Originally posted by Phanteros
9_gkTdWmP90

Great trailer.

Like I said a few years back, Prototype would make a great movie.

Looks like Prototype 2 would, as well.

Arachnid1
Wow. I actually felt bad for Heller when I watched that. I'm still rooting for Alex to come out on top, but I can understand Heller;s motivation.

Estacado
I bet at the end they will team up and turns out that Mercer had to get help in order to beat a more powerful evil maybe Phariah thats why he transformed James.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Wow. I actually felt bad for Heller when I watched that. I'm still rooting for Alex to come out on top, but I can understand Heller;s motivation.

I was thinking that Mercer didn't do shit and in the end, it will be revealed that Mercer is trying to combat more stupid secret government mistakes.

But Mercer will talk cryptically for most of the game.

I look forward to this game. Saints Row 3 is a game that I have looked forward to for a long time and have yet to buy it. Prototype 2 is a game that I will definitely purchase even if it means I have to put it on credit (something I never do).

Estacado
Stop!!!
Hammertime!!
http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/prototype-2?sid=6370495&overridePid=0

Estacado
Yup its confirmed you can call Brawlers as backup.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/722850/prototype-2-gameplay-preview-slime-death-and-tentacles/

Estacado
So anyone played it?

Phanteros
Its out?

Estacado
Its out?
Yeah I got my copy yesterday.

Phanteros
I smell a fanboy shitstorm brewing based on what happen in the ending.

Estacado
Nah....there wont be any Heller fanboys only haters only cause of Mercer...

Phanteros
Nah....there wont be any Heller fanboys only haters only cause of Mercer... That's what I mean, everyone's favorite power fantasy is now gone and now a shitload of fanboys are gonna be pissed.

Estacado
That's what I mean, everyone's favorite power fantasy is now gone and now a shitload of fanboys are gonna be pissed.
Oh I see....just look at the comments under the vid I posted in the vs fans were going apeshit....big grin
Never understood why they liked him so much I mean he didnt even have a back story he was a moron who released a virus nothing more.....

dadudemon
Awww.

I haven't played the game but I did not want to see Mercer killed. Lame.

Nemesis X
Spoilers you idiots.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Spoilers you idiots.

Don't click on a thread about a game you don't want spoiled?

Don't read a movie thread about a movie you don't want spoiled?

Don't read a book thread about a book you don't want spoiled?

Nemesis X
Don't click on a thread about a game you don't want spoiled?

Don't read a movie thread about a movie you don't want spoiled?

Don't read a book thread about a book you don't want spoiled?

There are things called spoiler tags, smartass. You do know those exist, right? For example: you suck.

dadudemon
There are things called spoiler tags, smartass. You do know those exist, right? For example: you suck.

Despite spoiler tags, you still run the risk of something being spoiled....if....

You click on a thread about a game you don't want spoiled.

You read a movie thread about a movie you don't want spoiled.

You read a book thread about a book you don't want spoiled.

You knew the risks. You imposed your problems on us. Hint: don't go into a thread for something you do not want spoiled: ever. Don't even click on it. Resist the urge to read it. You have only but yourself to blame for reading the thread.

Nemesis X
Despite spoiler tags, you still run the risk of something being spoiled....if....

You click on a thread about a game you don't want spoiled.

You read a movie thread about a movie you don't want spoiled.

You read a book thread about a book you don't want spoiled.

You knew the risks. You imposed your problems on us. Hint: don't go into a thread for something you do not want spoiled: ever. Don't even click on it. Resist the urge to read it. You have only but yourself to blame for reading the thread.

Just because your parents put spoiler tags on your face doesn't mean your hatred for spoiler tags should enter into my world so please use SPOILER TAGS!

Padawan Obi-Wan
Just because your parents put spoiler tags on your face

lol laughing out loud

dadudemon
Just because your parents put spoiler tags on your face doesn't mean your hatred for spoiler tags should enter into my world so please use SPOILER TAGS!

lol

Originally posted by Padawan Obi-Wan
lol laughing out loud

I know, right? Makes no sense.

Digi
It's not a warnable offense, but it's also bad etiquette. Nemesis, drink your medicine. Dudemon, be more considerate next time and realize that there are those who want to discuss something without having everything revealed. You shouldn't assume someone's intent on the forums, especially close to a release.

I also have very little patience for either side here, because I have stuff spoiled for me all the time, because I can avoid a thread but still end up seeing the reports. So drop it, or I'll be back and won't be as nice.

RE: Blaxican
Digi ate his Wheaties this morning.

Kazenji
I watched a review on this game and they were saying the gameplay style is great and they should use it for a Hulk game.

Nemesis X
The gameplay style was already in a Hulk game called Ultimate Destruction back in 2005.

Kazenji
Well maybe a more newer game with today's graphics.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well maybe a more newer game with today's graphics.

In 2008, Edge of Reality made the Incredible Hulk game that looked kinda similar to Ultimate Destruction.

edit - Forgive me if I'm being a smartass. It's not intentional.

Kazenji
I might have been similar to Ultimate Destruction but it wasn't received greatly going by the reviews.

Nemesis X
You're missing the point.

Anyways, I find the free roaming disappointing. It's not as active as it was in the first. Once I was done with the story, all I had left to do was cause random destruction and play a bunch of weekly events. That's about it. I was hoping that when you free roam, you'd see something like a Goliath or a Juggernaut but neither of those infected are seen anywhere outside of the missions, not even those pesky birds. Just weak zombie-like citizens and Brawlers. That's it. Because of the lack of power houses, free roaming is dull as crap and not even Blackwatch can keep you entertained anymore. I really don't mind the events since I'm doing something but still, what does Radical expect me to do when I'm done with those after reaching a Gold or Platinum medal for each?

Kazenji
You're missing the point.

They both have the same style gameplay is that it?.....i can see what your saying there

but with that Incredible Hulk it might have the same style but it was'nt received well.

Nemesis X
Where did this criticism come from? I'm not talking about popularity here. I'm just saying there are Hulk games with that gameplay style although it came before Prototype and for some reviewer to say Prototype's gameplay should be in a Hulk game, the fact that he said that alone, just proves how that fella hasn't done his homework as the idea already existed and came into fruition years before Prototype came along and borrowed the gameplay style from Ultimate Destruction.

Kazenji
Well that Incredible Hulk game from 2008. Best it got was a 6 or 7/10 in that range then i never touched the game

suppose it can still be an alright game to play there's other games that have gotten lower scores.

Nemesis X
For case and point, here's a video to compare the two:

jv9VEwcHDk8

Kazenji
for some reviewer to say Prototype's gameplay should be in a Hulk game, the fact that he said that alone, just proves how that fella hasn't done his homework as the idea already existed and came into fruition years before Prototype came along and borrowed the gameplay style from Ultimate Destruction.

Well i don't know for fact if he has or hasn't played those two Hulk games but i suppose they were'nt that memorable to him.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kazenji
I watched a review on this game and they were saying the gameplay style is great and they should use it for a Hulk game.

I can't say for certain since I don't know what review you are talking about, but the same studio made Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Prototype 1/2, so I wouldn't be surprised if the sentiment the reviewer was trying to relay was that he'd rather the studio take another crack at Hulk than more Prototype?

the ninjak
HULK ULTIMATE DESTRUCTRUCTION 2............ please big grin

From the review I saw of this game it got a mild score. Crap plot and character development. Samey samey abilities and its only saving grace was you move like the Hulk. Lame.

Estacado
Originally posted by the ninjak
HULK ULTIMATE DESTRUCTRUCTION 2............ please big grin

From the review I saw of this game it got a mild score. Crap plot and character development. Samey samey abilities and its only saving grace was you move like the Hulk. Lame.
Dont listen to reviews.....according to review scores Halo 3 is one of the best games ever made...if you liked Protot1 then buy P2 radnet version you wont be dissapointed.

Nemesis X
Zero Punctuation's review:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5688-Prototype-2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.