Annihilators vs This team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Ronan
Gladiator

Vs
Genis Vell(Regular)
Thor
Black Bolt
Nova
Blue Marvel

Which team takes it?

Gecko4lif
Team 2 all the way baby

Bouboumaster
I say team 1, but like 6/10

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Ronan
Gladiator

Genis Vell(Regular)
Thor
Black Bolt
Nova
Blue Marvel

Which team takes it? Norrin makes quick work of Genis. Nova crushes Ronan. Norrin beats Nova. Thor beats the horse after a nice battle. Quasar should beat BB. BM V Glads is a toss-up. I'll say team one. Good battle though.

On a side note, punk move by DnA having the Annihilators fight an old Nova enemy with no Nova. Boo!

shokosugi
Team 2 - Ronan the Shithead is the weak link

quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

Black bolt z
Team 2 has the most high cards but a big low card in ronan.He isn't weak by any means but compared to the rest of there top hitters he is.

For that reason I say team 2.

D_Dude1210
Thing is, Ronan HAS beaten Black Bolt before. wink

WhiteWitchKing
A good showing Ronan could hold off Black Bolt. Otherwise, somebody like Surfer or Gladiator could take out BB. SS and Ronan trade partners and fight becomes more even with Surfer taking out BB while Genis takes out Ronan. Quasar and Nova match up pretty nicely. Team 1 6/10

Gecko4lif
SS beating Genis?

Bolluck I say

CosmicComet
Team 2.

Genis all day everyday.

dmills
since the cosmic gangs all here, I have a question. What did you all think of DnA's Quasar? There's been some talk amongst fans that perhaps he was written fairly conservatively. My take was that DnA were trying to give face time to a lot of characters throughout their run, so they didn't really have a chance to fully delve into the character.

dmills
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
A good showing Ronan could hold off Black Bolt. Otherwise, somebody like Surfer or Gladiator could take out BB. SS and Ronan trade partners and fight becomes more even with Surfer taking out BB while Genis takes out Ronan. Quasar and Nova match up pretty nicely. Team 1 6/10

Would you place Prime firmly in high herald turf yet or is he still on the bubble?

Warlord
team 2 6/10

thanos-prime
Originally posted by dmills
Norrin makes quick work of Genis. Nova crushes Ronan. Norrin beats Nova. Thor beats the horse after a nice battle. Quasar should beat BB. BM V Glads is a toss-up. I'll say team one. Good battle though.

On a side note, punk move by DnA having the Annihilators fight an old Nova enemy with no Nova. Boo! LOL at norrin making quick work of genis.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nihilist
Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Ronan
Gladiator

Vs
Genis Vell(Regular)
Thor
Black Bolt
Nova
Blue Marvel

Which team takes it?

I see this happening...

Silver Surfer > Genis Vell
Beta Ray Bill < Thor
Quasar < Nova Prime
Ronan < Black Bolt
Gladiator > Blue Marvel

Thor, Nova Prime, Black Bolt > Silver Surfer, Gladiator

Team 2 wins about 6/10

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I see this happening...

Silver Surfer > Genis Vell
Beta Ray Bill < Thor
Quasar < Nova Prime
Ronan < Black Bolt
Gladiator > Blue Marvel

Thor, Nova Prime, Black Bolt > Silver Surfer, Gladiator

Team 2 wins about 6/10

Vell > SS

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Vell > SS Based on ?

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ? Absolutely nothing.

dmills
Originally posted by thanos-prime
LOL at norrin making quick work of genis. Come with it super boy. Tell us why.

CosmicComet
Because the 'regular' Genis, is still Photon.

That's the incarnation he was in before he met an extreme 'death'.

And even while sane, he was always at universal threat level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Because the 'regular' Genis, is still Photon.

That's the incarnation he was in before he met an extreme 'death'.

And even while sane, he was always at universal threat level. I don't think the threadstarter meant Photon.

CosmicComet
I simply took it to mean he didn't mean insane Genis.

Maybe he'll clear it up later.

Nihilist
I did mean photon Genis

dmills
I'm so sick of thus Photon shyte. Why is this guy so highly rated on this forum?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by dmills
Would you place Prime firmly in high herald turf yet or is he still on the bubble?

He should be high herald because he's abilities and power would seem to put him there but still can think of him as that. The problem being that he hasn't matched up with a high herald leveler for me to picture him as such. He's feats seem to put him there but guys like Thor, Surfer, BRB, and even Quasar have similar or better feats.

Among Nova's top feats are holding back a blast from Sphinx then star gating him, taking out the Revengers, knocking down a full grown Technarchy, killing Annihilus, and bringing down Ego. Still Thor, BRB, Surfer, and Gladiator can and have feats like that.

What Nova needs is a dragged out fight with one of these guys and at least stalemate for me to see him in that class. He stood up to Xenith but didn't outfight her. He did nicely against Gladiator but at the end Gladiator could've killed him had it not been for the Queen's interception.

Beta Ray Bill has matched up evenly with Thor before and managed a double ko. He outfought SD and would've beaten him not for SD's ability as a purely energy being. The guy went through planets against SD was still going. Didn't do that well against Surfer but most heroes don't any ways and Surfer is at the top of the high heralds. Gladiator fought and would've defeated Thor had it not been for a good number of interferences by others. He went through Vulcan's attack and smashed his face in.

dmills
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
He should be high herald because he's abilities and power would seem to put him there but still can think of him as that. The problem being that he hasn't matched up with a high herald leveler for me to picture him as such. He's feats seem to put him there but guys like Thor, Surfer, BRB, and even Quasar have similar or better feats.

Among Nova's top feats are holding back a blast from Sphinx then star gating him, taking out the Revengers, knocking down a full grown Technarchy, killing Annihilus, and bringing down Ego. Still Thor, BRB, Surfer, and Gladiator can and have feats like that.

What Nova needs is a dragged out fight with one of these guys and at least stalemate for me to see him in that class. He stood up to Xenith but didn't outfight her. He did nicely against Gladiator but at the end Gladiator could've killed him had it not been for the Queen's interception.

Beta Ray Bill has matched up evenly with Thor before and managed a double ko. He outfought SD and would've beaten him not for SD's ability as a purely energy being. The guy went through planets against SD was still going. Didn't do that well against Surfer but most heroes don't any ways and Surfer is at the top of the high heralds. Gladiator fought and would've defeated Thor had it not been for a good number of interferences by others. He went through Vulcan's attack and smashed his face in. Fair enough. A good solid well thought out take. I guess my only thing is that those feats are now the rule rather than the exception. When we get to the point where it's no longer a shock when he pulls a high end feat outta the bag I think that counts for something. But his lack of quality wins over the big guns is a valid reason to keep him on the bubble for now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.