Which Item of Power will you choose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
- In the DCU?
- In the MU?
- In the real world?
Remember, you still have your OWN physique/willpower/natural skills and you are required to learn the intricacies of the artifact on your own w/ no training from any mentor/teacher (so you need to be careful not to blow up the planet/yourself in the process). Tho assume that the items can repair themselves when damaged so you don't need to ever repair/fix/maintain them.

1) The Quantum Bands
2) A Green Lantern Power Ring
3) The Cosmic Control Rod
4) The Ruby of Cyttorack
5) Thunderstrike
6) Current Iron Man's suit

Mindset
GL ring if it's Kyle's original one.

chomperx9
GL Ring

plutomic
Ruby of cyttorak for me.

or the iron man suit..

I would say the GL ring.. But nah.

D_Dude1210
It's a standard GL ring.

The GL ring's Power level are based off YOUR willpower tho. So you most prolly will not be nearly at to the same power level as the elite GLs have.

quanchi112
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
It's a standard GL ring.

The GL ring's Power level are based off YOUR willpower tho. So you most prolly will not be nearly at to the same power level as the elite GLs have. I think my willpower is superior to any gl I ever read about, personally. Imagine hal and myself in a debate I guarantee hal walks away first.

Mindset
lol

twizzlers713
captain america's shield

CosmicComet
Ruby of Cytorrak, no hesitation.

If that wasn't an option, I'd go with the Quantum Bands. So much versatility, without the need for charging like a lantern ring.

King Castle
the only reason i pick the lantern ring is if i could scan a kryptonian and alter my dna to kryptonian... if not i pick thunderstrike for the immortality or the quantum bands since they dont need a charge.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
I think my willpower is superior to any gl I ever read about, personally. Imagine hal and myself in a debate I guarantee hal walks away first. Redundancy of inaccuracies is not willpower. durpalm

GL ring for me. greenlandurn

Omega Vision
I think my willpower is superior to any gl I ever read about, personally. Imagine hal and myself in a debate I guarantee hal walks away first.
Stubbornness and will power aren't the same.

In any case you lack the imagination that makes for a good GL.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Redundancy of inaccuracies is not willpower. durpalm

GL ring for me. greenlandurn Hal wouldn't want a piece of me.

Colossus-Big C
cyttoraks gem

Badabing
Hal wouldn't want a piece of me. Talking to you would probably make him go all Parallax again. mmm

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Talking to you would probably make him go all Parallax again. mmm

stick out tongue laughing out loud

AsbestosFlaygon
The Ruby of Cytorrak for me as well.

Complete invincibility, unlimited stamina, self-sustenance without food or water...etc.

Stoic
The Starbrand, what could be better? smile

Mindset
Come to think of it, if we took the Ruby we'd have more powers than Juggs has.

mmm

Uriel005
Ruby if it comes with Juggernaut helmet... I've always wanted to head butt someone with that thing if only I had the strength to wear it.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
Come to think of it, if we took the Ruby we'd have more powers than Juggs has.

mmm

But you would have to be evil in order to please dyck head.

Mindset
Originally posted by Stoic
But you would have to be evil in order to please dyck head. I'm ok with that.

rotiart
- In the DCU?
- In the MU?
- In the real world?
Remember, you still have your OWN physique/willpower/natural skills and you are required to learn the intricacies of the artifact on your own w/ no training from any mentor/teacher (so you need to be careful not to blow up the planet/yourself in the process). Tho assume that the items can repair themselves when damaged so you don't need to ever repair/fix/maintain them.

1) The Quantum Bands
4) The Ruby of Cyttorack
5) Thunderstrike

1. Those without the mental fortitude can be consumed by the quantum bands... Ie. You die. It's definitely very powerful but there is no failsafe...
2. The ring has a central intelligence where you can ask the ring questions and it will actually answer them for you. You accidentally mutter out loud you wish you knew how the run works... Voila.. It evokes wikipedia. Easiest to master if you look at it that way...
3. I'm not sure anyone short of annihilus would be able o use the rod.
4. Easiest to understand.. However step out of line and your power levels increase and decrease dramatically at the whim of your boss... Yeah...
5. Thunderstrike... Eric masterful took years to figure out how to fully use his hammer heck there were abilities he didn't learn unil much into his role as thunderstrike and he was previously a Thor!
6. Current iron mans suit has lots of failsafes... It autopilot much of it for you so really just think what you want and it will do it... The current suit is tony's ultimate no brainer suit... It may be even easier to use then the gl ring... Since it's all on mental command... (assuming you don't require Tony passwords then you'll never get it to work..)

Uriel005
Not necessarily evil I think the stipulation is just incredibly destructive. I'd lay waste to evil empires and show them that their efforts have been pitiful and show them how its done. so.... yeah nvm I'd be evil as all hell.

CosmicComet
Thunderstrike is such a garish looking item anyway.

You'd look stupid as hell lugging that hammer around all the time.

Allankles
I think my willpower is superior to any gl I ever read about, personally. Imagine hal and myself in a debate I guarantee hal walks away first.

stick out tongue

carver9
Ill take the gem... completely invulnerable with unlimited strength. Juggernaut could be one of the most powerful beings on marvel earth if he wasn't such a dummy.

D_Dude1210
In comics: I'll take the Quantum Bands. Immunity to telepathy (tons of telepaths in the MU/DCU), same level of versatility as a GL Ring. NOT dependent on willpower (more on knowledge/skill of the user w/c can be gained thru practice). The ability to drain energy from energy users is also a good bonus.
In real life: Thunderstrike. It allows you a certain level of immortality as long as you're in the TS body. Weather control allows you to save the world from global warming and to end world hunger.

Stoic
The Starbrand trumps em all brother.

Warlord
Q bands.

I could do whatever a GL can do without need for charge or willpower limits

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindset
GL ring if it's Kyle's original one.

the ninjak
Quantum BANDSSS for sure.

The Cytorrak crystal would make sex suck.

thanos-prime
Quantum bands out of the list but if i could choose any weapon it would be the nega bands.

Cosmic Rod easy.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Stubbornness and will power aren't the same.

In any case you lack the imagination that makes for a good GL. his interpretations of feats are imaginative. I think Quan would make a great GL. His complete refusal to concede in the face of overhelming proof of the impossible would be an incredible asset.

Warlord
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Quantum bands out of the list but if i could choose any weapon it would be the nega bands.

why?

Q bands> Nega Bands

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Warlord
why?

Q bands> Nega Bands For the ridiculous cosmic awareness i would know the outcome of any decision i could ever make.

Warlord
if I'm not mistaken CA isn't provided by the Nega Bands.
Captain Marvel got it afterwards.

Quasar had a degree of cosmic awareness too anyway

thanos-prime
if I'm not mistaken CA isn't provided by the Nega Bands.
Captain Marvel got it afterwards.

Quasar had a degree of cosmic awareness too anyway Im pretty sure it is. i wouldn't be using it to fight crime so i don't need all the extra's that come with the quantum bands.

Warlord
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Im pretty sure it is. i wouldn't be using it to fight crime so i don't need all the extra's that come with the quantum bands.

I guess if you don't care about crime fighting you can use cosmic awareness to get rich by gambling

thanos-prime
I guess if you don't care about crime fighting you can use cosmic awareness to get rich by gambling thumb up

Solidus Black
In this current world the GL ring would do.

Being invulnerable really suits no purpose when u are the only one with powers. How often will u be at the centre of a nuke?

I would use teh ring and clean up town. There are no mental problems to overcome and its an easy fashion accessory.

BlackZero30x
- In the DCU?
- In the MU?
- In the real world?

1) The Quantum Bands
4) The Ruby of Cyttorack
5) Thunderstrike

well my first thought was the GL ring but in the real world it would probably take someone like a monk to focus more then one construct....so in the real world i would pick the Ruby of Cyttorack but Since Cyttorack probably would not exist in the real world i would have no power with the ruby....

so in the DCU i pick the GL Ring, in the MU i pick The Ruby but in the real world i would pick the Iron Man suit.

-Pr-
GL Ring... Far too many real world applications. Would have it in the other two too.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
GL Ring... Far too many real world applications. Would have it in the other two too. ruby of cytorrak is better imo

Silent Master
The gem, as I doubt anyone on this board has the will to make the GL ring a worthwhile pick.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
ruby of cytorrak is better imo

what works for you, works for you.

Starscream M
what works for you, works for you. that's a copout response!

-Pr-
that's a copout response!

it's entirely relative. a gl ring would suit me, imo, while a gem might suit you better.

celeyhyga17
toss b/n quantum bands and gl ring.

Galan007
Tony's armor or the ruby for me. Least amount of training involved, with the biggest payoffs. Imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Tony's armor or the ruby for me. Least amount of training involved, with the biggest payoffs. Imo. tony's armor would run out of juice...then what?

thanos-prime
tony's armor would run out of juice...then what? His new suit is supposed to have unlimited energy.

TheLordofMurder
I'd take Juggs Gem and never look back...

Omega Vision
About the ring, would it come with a lantern for recharging?

quanchi112
Ruby hands down.

Allankles
Originally posted by Silent Master
The gem, as I doubt anyone on this board has the will to make the GL ring a worthwhile pick.

Will power is something you can improve, especially through self discipline and training or the discipline you gain through training. You could certainly have discipline without anything but your motivation (self discipline), just depends on how much you want it.

Parmaniac
it's entirely relative. a gl ring would suit me, imo, while a gem might suit you better. I think a straight jacket would suit him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I think a straight jacket would suit him. laughing out loud

Silent Master
Originally posted by Allankles
Will power is something you can improve, especially through self discipline and training or the discipline you gain through training. You could certainly have discipline without anything but your motivation (self discipline), just depends on how much you want it.

Do you really think anyone on this board could train themselves to comic book GL levels of willpower?

the ninjak
Do you really think anyone on this board could train themselves to comic book GL levels of willpower?

I've been through worse.....just sayin.
stick out tongue

how would one quantify their willpower? it's a completely subjective abstraction. we dont know how much the GLs have anyway, we just know it's hard to use the ring

the ninjak
Originally posted by 753
how would on wuantify their willpower? it's a completely subjective abstraction. we dont know how much the GLs have anyway, we just know it's hard to use the ring

Heh. I just find Silent Master's assumption funny. Many accomplished GLs have had "as far as I'm concerned" horrible wills and characters and lack of imaginations yet they kick ass.

Guy Gardner for instance.

Parmaniac
thumb up

Just look at some rookie lanterns

Silent Master
Willpower is one of the things needed to operate the ring, the people choosing it are the ones assuming that their willpower is high enough to make decent use of the ring.

the ninjak
Willpower is one of the things needed to operate the ring, the people choosing it are the ones assuming that their willpower is high enough to make decent use of the ring.

Imagination, Nobility and Humbleness to give in beyond yourself(Sacrifice) are others.

Imagination a gift few are born with. Talent to believe in your vision yet humbleness to always know there is more in the myriad kaleidoscope of the infinite.

Galan007
tony's armor would run out of juice...then what? Then I plug that shit into a wall outlet.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Then I plug that shit into a wall outlet. um... you can't be serious erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
Heh. I just find Silent Master's assumption funny. Many accomplished GLs have had "as far as I'm concerned" horrible wills and characters and lack of imaginations yet they kick ass.

Guy Gardner for instance. thumb up One thing I get from his post is he feels he himself has far too weak a will to wield the gl. I'm sure you or I would be fine wileding a gl ring. His posts only apply to himself, remember.

Silent Master
Originally posted by the ninjak
Imagination, Nobility and Humbleness to give in beyond yourself(Sacrifice) are others.

Imagination a gift few are born with. Talent to believe in your vision yet humbleness to always know there is more in the myriad kaleidoscope of the infinite.

And I'm sure you believe that you have those on the level of elite GL's, however I disagree, just like I disagree with people that think they can be Batman's equal in intelligence or fighting skills if they train/study enough.

And I'm sure you believe that you have those on the level of elite GL's, however I disagree, just like I disagree with people that think they can be Batman's equal in intelligence or fighting skills if they train/study enough. Batman's fighting skills are real world impossible. The matter of his intelligence is more complicated. Explicitly, Batman is actually only as smart as the writer which is not that hard to top. But the quasi-clairvoyant investigative skills and magical science they atribute to him are also impossible in the real world.

Silent Master
Impossible to you maybe, but I'm sure there are people out that would disagree.

quanchi112
Impossible to you maybe, but I'm sure there are people out that would disagree. You think magic and such is possible in the real world like seen in comics ? seriously.....laughing out loud

dmills
While everyone is arguing about GL rings and willpower, I'd take Quasars bands. Same benefits, none of the weaknesses.

-Pr-
a gl's power is more relative and more likely than batman's, seeing as a ring carries a lot of the weight. it can speed up your perceptions, gives you an automatic shield regardless of how much will you have, and allows even rookies basic flight.

at the very least you could be an effective superhero without having to push your willpower.

learning to be batman, though...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by dmills
While everyone is arguing about GL rings and willpower, I'd take Quasars bands. Same benefits, none of the weaknesses.
Quasar's bands can make constructs like a GL ring?

CosmicComet
^Yep.

Konton
Quantum Bands.

Black bolt z
The Ruby.

Without that either the Q bands or cosmic control rod.

Silent Guardian
The Ruby of Cyttorack

easily

Mindset
thumb up One thing I get from his post is he feels he himself has far too weak a will to wield the gl. I'm sure you or I would be fine wileding a gl ring. His posts only apply to himself, remember. thumb up

D_Dude1210
Based on the stips I provided, ALL the items basically come with their own means of maintaining themselves. For example: GL rings come with their lanterns. Tony's suit comes with its own way of recharging/repairing itself and the Cyttorak gem comes with its own evil extradimensional source of power (that for the sake of this forum has no access to the real world outside of fueling the power of the gem).

Also, As far as I can remember, the Nega bands don't provide Cosmic awareness. It's a gift from Eon to the Protector of the Universe. Dunno the relevance of it, tho. As the Nega bands aren't part of the selection (Star Brand isn't as well). :P

Silent Master
Still taking the gem.

Blair Wind
The Ring. Even IF I didn't have the willpower for it, I could still mine its super computer for information. It houses all the information of the universe. I'd be making patents, creating super tech, or anything that would be a valuable business venture through the information housed in the computer. I could give back to the world through all kinds of social entrepreneurial ventures due to the information in that little ring.

And if I have the willpower for it, I'm pretty sure I could find some use for the powers.

plutomic
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The Ring. Even IF I didn't have the willpower for it, I could still mine its super computer for information. It houses all the information of the universe. I'd be making patents, creating super tech, or anything that would be a valuable business venture through the information housed in the computer. I could give back to the world through all kinds of social entrepreneurial ventures due to the information in that little ring.

And if I have the willpower for it, I'm pretty sure I could find some use for the powers.

or

take the gem of cytorrak and go be a badass..

I guess being evil would suck ass... But you could just go be evil to the bad people of the world.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by plutomic
or

take the gem of cytorrak and go be a badass..

I guess being evil would suck ass... But you could just go be evil to the bad people of the world.

being good or evil is only a matter of perspective

King Kandy
Originally posted by rotiart
1. Those without the mental fortitude can be consumed by the quantum bands... Ie. You die. It's definitely very powerful but there is no failsafe...
Having a strong will is what causes the quantum bands to destroy you. You have to have a yielding "go with the flow" personality to live. I think I meet that qualification.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by King Kandy
You have to have a yielding "go with the flow" personality to live. I think I meet that qualification. You're a student right?

Impossible to you maybe, but I'm sure there are people out that would disagree. No, there aren't. Not the ones who know what they're talking about. Nobody masters 300 sifferent martial arts. Real world masters top at 3 or 4 and the truly excellent ones focus in one. DC science, including batman's techno gizmos are often impossible by real world physical laws. Nobody has Batman's precognitive dectetive skills, real world detectives and spies rely on interviews, tracing of docuemnts and money, slow and incomplete forensics, long term surveilance, huge networks of people gathering information, etc. Batman guesses what's going on by looking at people. The most brilliant tacticians in history couldnt pull PIS victories out of their asses like Batamn does all the time and they commanded armies, while he fights alone or with a small band of people who don't even carry guns.

Batman is fiction. Batman is impossible in the real world.

KingD19
I wonder if anyone has thought of the potential of the Gem of Cytorrak? Juggernaut had some crazy ass powers in his early days, like shooting orbs of energy and walking on thin air. And when that kid got it, he was bringing random objects to life and shooting energy beams.

I think if Cain wasn't such a straightforward guy, he could be kinda like Thor or someone like that. Crazy strong/durable, with powerful magic that not many people are ever really prepared for.

Silent Master
Originally posted by 753
No, there aren't. Not the ones who know what they're talking about. Nobody masters 300 sifferent martial arts. Real world masters top at 3 or 4 and the truly excellent ones focus in one. DC science, including batman's techno gizmos are often impossible by real world physical laws. Nobody has Batman's precognitive dectetive skills, real world detectives and spies rely on interviews, tracing of docuemnts and money, slow and incomplete forensics, long term surveilance, huge networks of people gathering information, etc. Batman guesses what's going on by looking at people. The most brilliant tacticians in history couldnt pull PIS victories out of their asses like Batamn does all the time and they commanded armies, while he fights alone or with a small band of people who don't even carry guns.

To you, but I'm sure that others would disagree, just like people disagree with having the ability to master the GL ring.

BattleMage
The Ruby of Cyttorack

this was too easy

marwash22
Originally posted by 753
No, there aren't. Not the ones who know what they're talking about. Nobody masters 300 sifferent martial arts. Real world masters top at 3 or 4 and the truly excellent ones focus in one. DC science, including batman's techno gizmos are often impossible by real world physical laws. Nobody has Batman's precognitive dectetive skills, real world detectives and spies rely on interviews, tracing of docuemnts and money, slow and incomplete forensics, long term surveilance, huge networks of people gathering information, etc. Batman guesses what's going on by looking at people. The most brilliant tacticians in history couldnt pull PIS victories out of their asses like Batamn does all the time and they commanded armies, while he fights alone or with a small band of people who don't even carry guns.

Batman is fiction. Batman is impossible in the real world. butthurt?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by KingD19
I wonder if anyone has thought of the potential of the Gem of Cytorrak? Juggernaut had some crazy ass powers in his early days, like shooting orbs of energy and walking on thin air. And when that kid got it, he was bringing random objects to life and shooting energy beams.

I think if Cain wasn't such a straightforward guy, he could be kinda like Thor or someone like that. Crazy strong/durable, with powerful magic that not many people are ever really prepared for.

Aye.

The ruby gives the biggest immediate and innate pay off, along with great depths to explore its potential if you are able and willing.

KingD19
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Aye.

The ruby gives the biggest immediate and innate pay off, along with great depths to explore its potential if you are able and willing.

Exactly, and since you're immortal, you'll have plenty of time to get acquainted with them. And if you're really driven and focused, you could just pour all your effort into it and with help from Big C himself, you could be a beast.

Originally posted by marwash22
butthurt? no, just upset

bobbi
The thing with batman is we haven't seen anyone in the world who is even close to batman level as of yet. While it could be possible they're secluded somewhere away from sight, anyone we've ever heard of who has tried to be some crazy martial arts master alone isn't good enough to know more than a few styles really well. Someone being a hundred times better than that is hard to imagine in the real world, as well as being a hundred times better at basically every other subject.

Anyone as good as batman in the real world would be the richest guy in the world right now. And bill gates, warren buffet, or that mexican phone guy aren't even close to a batman.

Willpower on the other hand is hard to gauge. Just going by the sh** the characters go through in the comics I think a lot of us think we can get through it.

As for the original question, I think I'd go with the ring just cus it's cool. I'm assuming my willpower is good enough and a universal wiki is always good. If these GL's really do have super willpower i'd go with the quantum bands then. They seem to do pretty much the same thing except no wiki. (Sidenote: according to the actual wiki quantum band constructs don't need to be concentrated on to keep working, which I don't think standard GL constructs can do. That might be useful..)

Silent Guardian
No 753 had it right

Originally posted by 753

Its at the whim of the writer. And nowadays Bruce is written like an omnipotent being.

Honestly, Tim Drake and Bruce Wayne haven't been shown using any impressive Detective skills in years. Bruce just knows things because he is the BAtman and I guess that makes him clairvoyant. While Tim Drake employs some of the worse deductive reasoning I have ever read, but the writer plays it off like he is a genius.

At least in Detective Comics Scott Snyder is finally doing the Dark Knight justice with Dick Grayson.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.