‘Walking Dead’ proves worth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cocolove
The Walking Dead tv show is action-packed, and it is hard not to get hooked after the second episode. The second episode, simply entitled “Guts,” was one of the greatest single episodes of any television series of all time. The episode ended with an amazing hook, which forced the audience to tune in for the for next episode.
The Walking Dead dvd also mixed the element of horror, with outstanding character drama, and a little bit of science fiction in the final two episodes. It truly has effects that will grab any viewer’s attention, and there is no other television show that it can be compared to.
The Walking Dead dvd collection has a quality that no other show has, because it almost has a feel of a film that can be viewed in a theatre. The production quality is fantastic, and will only be made better by its release on blu-ray. Although the genre owes a great deal to him, even George Romero may not have the ability to create a zombie series as good as “The Walking Dead on dvd .” There has never been anything zombie-related that has seemed so realistic.
Overall, “The Walking Dead dvd boxset” had one of the best first seasons I have ever seen on television. As someone who generally does not watch dramatic television, this made me completely rethink what shows I need to be watching. A second season of 13 episodes has already been ordered, and I personally cannot wait to see what is going to happen on the best show currently on television.

Esau Cairn
I'm keen to see the series but sadly neither the shows or the dvds have come to Australia as yet.

I'm just a bit confused by your above review....

I take it The Walking Dead dvd, the W/D dvd collection & the W/D dvd boxset all feature the same series?
What's the difference between the dvd collection & the boxset?

I did click on the links but got "error page".

Or is one just the pilot & the dvd collection, just season 1only?

Manofwords
Not a bad debut season, but it came a bit 'samey' to me, and felt it needed more Zombie action. The promos for S2 look awesome though. High hopes.

the ninjak
The comic is about 5 times better than the show.

I'm not surprised they fired the writers before making a second season.

Big disapointment, but still watchable.

MovMispercept
Been reading the comics since 2004. I was happy with most of the changes made for the show. I think overall it was a very solid season. Alot of people hated the CDC episode but I thought it was fine. I was more annoyed with the side story with the hispanic nursing home. That was really dumb on many levels.

I am very hopeful for season two, but it sounds like Darabont is gon, the budget is being cut to accomodate more episodes, and the cast is kinda peeved. However if they stick relatively well to the storyline, this is when things are going to start getting really cool.

The big problem is time frame compared to real time. The comics for example have taken place in like, about two years? And comics started coming out in 2002 or 03.

quanchi112
I always believe if you start by a comic you love that it's almost impossible to be pleased with the show due to the high expectations you attach to it. I never read the comic and enjoyed the series thus far.

Mindship
Originally posted by quanchi112
I never read the comic and enjoyed the series thus far. Ditto. The character mix works.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by MovMispercept
I am very hopeful for season two, but it sounds like Darabont is gon, the budget is being cut to accomodate more episodes, and the cast is kinda peeved. However if they stick relatively well to the storyline, this is when things are going to start getting really cool.

Wait, Darabont is gone??!!! He's not doing the 2nd Season? Well that's gonna f*ck it all up right there... are you sure? He DID direct the first season, didn't he? Is he not going to be connected at all? I mean, I assumed he's the reason the show is so good..

(and isn't there already a thread for this in the TV forum? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=533001&pagenumber=6#post13550482 )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.