Star Wars Clone Wars Cartoon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Yes, that's right....there's going to be a new clone war series on the Cartoon Network...I hope they sell it as a dvd eventually because I don't get the cartoon network at home sad
But it is cool that they have another star wars cartoon.

LanceWindu
When was this confirmed?

Cause I was following the story a few months back but haven't heard anything in a while.

Julie
It's over at www.starwars.com at the moment

LanceWindu
I found out about it.

I don't like how short it's going to be.

Why not a full series???

Member.
The cartoon thing is great. It shows us the clone wars. I don't think people will put too much effort into the scenes though, they just started to shoot episode III.

Volundro Ramm
im a bit disapointed that they will only be 3mins long. i mean, what kind of story can you tell in 3 mins??

Member.
a battle scene, maybe

LanceWindu
Not much of a battle scene.

Plus it's supposed to introduce new characters in the same time also.

GordonSkywalker
I think it will be great! big grin

LanceWindu
I just wish it were longer.

Julie
Only 3 min??!!!! wow that is short....when does it come on anyway

LanceWindu
Unknown right now.

The press release says fall 2003 that's it.

Julie
Ohhhh...so long from now.....short or long or whatever I wanna see them!!!!!

LanceWindu
Maybe if the shorts do really good they will order a full series for Cartoon Network.

*crosses fingers*

I mean that's how The Simpson's and The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron were done at first.

Captain REX
Very true Lance. Let's hope Cartoon Network sees it that way.

The Clone Wars cartoons may only be three minutes long, but it will be excellent. It will be made by the people that brought us Samurai Jack, so I'm very happy. big grin

Julie
I'v eonly seen about 2 minutes of Samurai Jack...it looked interesting...but I didn't have the time to see the whole episode

Captain REX
Sadly it comes on at 10:00 PM, and my parents tell me to go to bed at that time.

Anyway, the villains for the cartoon (that will also be released as a comic, or so I've heard) are very interesting. Asajj Ventress, Dooku's 'apprentice' and Durge, the replacement bounty hunter. I'll post some pics in a second...

Captain REX
Here's Asajj Ventress.

She was based upon concept art for the Sith in AOTC that would eventually become Dooku. She won't quite look like this in the cartoon though. If you've seen Samurai Jack you'll know what I mean...

LanceWindu
But why the hell are they adding a new Sith???

Whatever happened to GL's 2 Sith rule???

Also, I have seen a pic of her that will be in the cartoon.

I'll have to find it.

LanceWindu
Here's the pic.

Clone Wars Cartoon Poster

Captain REX
I don't know. Gendy (I think that's how you spell the cartoon creator's name) was inspired by that concept art. Plus, she's not really a Sith. More of a Dark Jedi that Dooku has as a strategist and bodyguard.

Also, there is a new bounty hunter. That makes three total that I have seen (Jango Fett from AOTC, Cydon Brax from Clone Wars video game, and the new guy in the cartoon). His name is Durge, and he is huge and menacing a looks like a robot, but he's not...I think. I read somewhere that he can reattache his limbs if they are severed, so I think he's a cyborg of sorts.

LanceWindu
Looks like a cyborg to me.

Captain REX
Yeah...he's got a big ass gun too. eek!

Julie
I think he's funny looking

Captain REX
Well, good thing you can't talk to him. If he heard that he'd be mad...

And if you do talk to your comic books, you freak me out. Just a note. big grin

GordonSkywalker
This Clone Wars cartoon might be interesting. So are they making all new characters for it, because I thought Obi-Wan and Anakin might appear in it? That's what I thought anyway.And yes they will relase the entire series on dvd after it's finished its first-run on TV.

Julie
that first clone poster.....the one being kinda reminds me of Ezma from the Emperor's New Grove

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Yes Gordon, Anakin and Obi-Wan are in it.

GordonSkywalker
Excellent !!

Captain REX
Why wouldn't they be? I think Mace and Yoda will be there as well, and Dooku.

GordonSkywalker
I did not know they would be. embarrasment

Julie
not a problem....now you do know.....anything star wars and I'm hooked roll eyes (sarcastic) smile

GordonSkywalker
I know the feeling!

Julie
yeah...oh well it gives me something to do in my free time and somehting to occupy dulll moments

Captain REX
Ditto.

GordonSkywalker
So when do The Clone Wars shorts begin?

Julie
I have no idea...I haven't even figured out which channel I should be watching to see them....I just hope that they'll be on the dvd or somehting

GordonSkywalker
I can barely wait for the Clone cartoons to air. Especially with the involvement of our two favorite Jedi Knights from the last film having been confirmed.

Captain REX
Nice avatar Gordon. smile

I have no idea when it will air. Cartoon Network will have commercials about it, I'm sure, but so far no sign of them.

Julie
The sw Insider magazine has an article on the cartoon, but I haven't read it yet

GordonSkywalker
Neither have I.

Julie
I have it here, I just haven't gotten the time to read it yet.....the pictures in it are nice though wink

GordonSkywalker
So how did your chem test go?

Julie
Eh I think I may have failed it....ouch but I don't know for certain...maybe I am a really good guesser...who knows...it is a stinky situation but there's nothing I can do now...but study even harder and harder for tests to come

GordonSkywalker
Sounds tough.

Julie
tough yes....but I should be doing better.....
*switches subjects*:-)
Sooooooo how about them Yankees.....BTW how are the Yankees doing....and then we'll get right back to discussing star wars!

GordonSkywalker
The Yankees are doing fine, as far as I know. I have not been following their career or anything.

Julie
yea....well I used to watch baseball ages ago...but too much posting and reading to do to watch 3 hour games now

GordonSkywalker
By the way, I saw an advert in Star Wars Insider-the Return of the Jedi Issue- about the Clone Wars cartoons. Apparently the series starts at the end of this year. smile

Julie
yeah....I still have yet to read that issue...I have it here, but still didn't read it.....

GordonSkywalker
Trust me, it's an awesome issue!

Julie
I'll get around to reading in one day...if I don't post so often...perhaps I'll have the time to read the magazine

GordonSkywalker
I hope The Clone Wars shorts are as good as the comics I have read taking place within the same time frame. At last we are getting to see the infamous clone wars mentioned waaay back in the original film.

Julie
Haven't read the comics...but eh they sound good

Captain REX
Well, the Clone Wars cartoon is scheduled for November 7, 2003. That's what I've heard at least...

GordonSkywalker
Oh good! I was worried they would wait until January to premiere it.

Julie
Thank you....for the info

GordonSkywalker
"Begun this Clone War has".

Captain REX
Episode III -- Ended this Clone War has

yerssot
for the USA, others have to wait at least one day more

Captain REX
Well, yeah, I'm an American, what date would you expect me to look up. big grin

yerssot
mine stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
I do not understand.............

yerssot
the airing date in the US is not the airing date in the rest of the world

GordonSkywalker
Oh right.

Captain REX
Now he gets it...

GordonSkywalker
I have had my mind on other things gentlemen. Not to worry- I am back with you guys now.

yerssot
back to insanity? and that's good? stick out tongue

Captain REX
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
However did you guess? Bring on the Clone Wars already! We will take on the Empire together! ( A bit much enthusiasm I know)

yerssot
or read the comics about that wink

GordonSkywalker
Yeh that too! We should all don our lightsbaers and jedi robes and go kick some bad guys butts!

yerssot
already therewink

GordonSkywalker
How DO you manage to get ahead of me on these things! big grin

yerssot
thoughtfully lazy wink

GordonSkywalker
So is this series going to be the main source of Clone Wars action or do you guys think that burden will be shared by the novels and comics? In terms of prepping for Episode III I mean.

yerssot
the comics (one every two weeks) will give you the mainstream I think
books will get in soon too though

GordonSkywalker
The comics are great so far. They have done like three issues already.

yerssot
erm... no

If you count in Quinlan Vos his comic, you also have the Battle of Kamino and the battle on the moon of naboo who was three issues long

so, that's 5 in total wink

GordonSkywalker
We haven't got the latest one for Naboo yet. I had forgotten the other one though there was a Mace Windu comic set during the same time frame.

yerssot
that's the Jedi series yes
the Republic series is one each two weeks, the Jedi series is one every two months orso

hmm, I think I have the ending of the one from the moon of naboo, should be wrong then

Julie
I read the Sw Insider article on this finall.....y.....it was ok.....I still want to see it, but I don't know if I have access to Cartoon Network

Klear Eyez
I think Star Wars is the ****in shitt but I can almost guarantee you I would not watch that along with any other Star Wars "cartoon"

....... lame

Captain REX
That's great. Then why bother posting in this thread?

LanceWindu
I picked up an issue of Star Wars insider yesterday and I read that the Clone Wars Cartoon debuts in November '03 and the last "episode" will be in March '04.

Hopefully if it's a hit they will make a full series out of it.

hayden's minx
Yeh it was in the last SW UK mag - from that russian guy who did dexter's lab, powerpuff gals, and samurai jack. They have just bought out the action figures. This includes Durge - the bounty hunter set out to destroy every maldorian decendent - this means all the clone troopers.

LanceWindu
Sweet.

I hope it rules.

YodaFan465
Well, the date is November 7 (a Friday) at 7:00 on the Cartoon Network. The show will air every weekday @ the same time.
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

LanceWindu
Probably the same episode for a week then the next week show just another new episode.

Nonetheless, seems good to me.

I'll record them all.

LanceWindu
A new promo for The Clone Wars is on Cartoon Network, you can watch it here:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.shtml#21988

yerssot
stupid promo, doesn't say anything

LanceWindu
It's too short, but so is the actual series.

It's nice to see a character in action though.

Julie
they should be starting soon though right?

DarthDavid
Hi All, Just gonna quote from what SW.com have said about the Clone War Cartoons...

"Picking up where Episode II left off, the saga of the Clone Wars will continue through animated shorts premiering this year from the Cartoon Network and Lucasfilm Ltd. Star Wars: Clone Wars will be a series of 20 animated shorts that will air on the Cartoon Network in 2003-2004 between other programming."

DarthDavid
Heres the Second Part...

"Helming this new series is Genndy Tartakovsky (see Three-Minute Epics: A Look at Star Wars: Clone Wars), the acclaimed creator of "Samurai Jack" and "Dexter's Laboratory." The episodic shorts will be two- to three-minutes in length and will air exclusively on Cartoon Network at regularly scheduled times beginning this fall."

DarthDavid

DarthDavid
The Third...

"We are incredibly excited to be working with Lucasfilm in creating an animated story that extends one of the world's most beloved entertainment properties," said Sam Register, senior vice president of development for Cartoon Network. "Cartoon Network's creative team will work hand-in-hand with Lucasfilm to make sure that our common vision for Clone Wars thrills Star Wars fans around the world."

The Fourth....

"Genndy Tartakovsky and the team at Cartoon Network are tops in their field," said Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing. "Their work on 'Samurai Jack' shows that they can tell an epic story in a unique way, lavishing equal attention on dramatic battle scenes as well as dramatic development of the characters."

DarthDavid

LanceWindu
Thanks for the info DarthDavid.

Julie
more info is good...thank you....
I want to see them...but there is little chance of that....I don't even have a tv here at school

LanceWindu
sad That sucks.

Julie
it's ok...you guys just have to put detailed descriptions here

LanceWindu
They will be on the internet you know.

You'll just have to wait about a week or more to see them.

Unless you have Hyperspace, then you'll get to see them when they first debut on the WWW.

yerssot
hmmm, have to remind myself to tape the cartoons

LanceWindu
I'm going to try to do that also yerss.

yerssot
hard work huh?

LanceWindu
Yeah, especially with only 1 tv with a VCR and other people watch it.

yerssot
kick them

LanceWindu
I kick them they kick me out.

So how about no.

yerssot
kick harder!

LanceWindu
If I want my tattoo I can't kick my uncle.

Bespin Bart
Commericals are on Cartoon Network, if that hasn't already been announced.

LanceWindu
It has.

Bespin Bart
Damn...

LanceWindu
Too slow BB, gotta be a tad bit faster. j/k

yerssot
well, say you will kick him then

LanceWindu
*will kick him then*

c3-69
anybody looking for star wars clone wars cartoons from cartoon network
can get them off kazza p2p just go to kazza.com and follow instructions
when it is downloaded you can run a search in video type in star wars clone wars and the episodes will come up and you can down load them
YOU SHOULD DO THIS ITS YOUR DESTINY!!
DARK LORD (SITH)

General Zink
Or you could just watch them on Star Wars.com.

c3-69
yea but i have the episodes on dvd now something you cant get at star wars .com+ i have the trailer to episode 3 and lots of other stuff its free
to use kazza its a share program that you can get almost any thing like on napster but free
dark lord (sith)

LanceWindu
There is no trailer for Episode 3 you retard.

yerssot
there there lance, let them believe it wink

GABRIEL05
Yes believe what you want.

yerssot
except that the epIII-trailer is a pure blabant lie and rediculous to even think a trailer is out for a movie in 2005 roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
There won't be ANY trailer until late 2004

mephistodesigns
does it look as good as the famous Episode 2 trailer with the Scottish Jedi/Wallace freedom fighters? How anyone can believe they have a trailer when they've only just finished priniciple photography is beyond my capacity. Not to mention the fact that they always come out with a trailer in fall of the year preceeding the films release. And the sound guys and effects guys probably haven't really even started yet. Oh know, too much absurdity, my circuits are freezing up!!!

LanceWindu
Final Chapter of this season is coming on here in about 3 minutes.

LanceWindu
Great action in this episode.

yerssot
twas okish

Darth Jello
i know they've shown a rough cut of the first 25 minutes to buttlicking studio types but thats about it

Julie
I only saw two of the episodes of the cartoon....so sad....hope they keep on playing them

Julie
there's gonna be a season two?????I haven't even seen all of season one

yerssot
season two are the last 10 episodes if I'm not mistaken, jules

mephistodesigns
and how do you know that Darth Jello? riiiight. cuz they've had so much time to even edit together a rough cut of any length.

Darth Jello
thats where the widespread spoiler about the opening space battle came from. someone at the meeting told all. besides, I'm sure that a lot of it was still incomplete in terms of blue screen.

mephistodesigns
again, there is not a fireball's chance in Hoth that they've managed to edit anything. Maybe they saw animatics... that I might believe.

Maul
hehe, they're cool! the animation is real good (whos d expect anything less from the creator of Samurai Jack and Dex's lab?).
thing is, they first aired on Toonami, and i thought i woudnt see them. but then, on Monday they strted and i got to see them! were up to chapter 4. chapter 3 was good.

Darth Jello
having seen the web page that the official site hastily took off, I believe that the entire cartoons purpose is to give a grand introduction to General Grievious, who will begin his quest of jedi annhilation and collection of trophy lightsabers in the finale, chapter 20

yerssot
yeah, quite strange that they didn't do anything for like dooku

Darth Jello
well we already know who dooku is.
If Genndy Tartakovsky was comissioned to do ten more chapters what would you like to see? personally, I would like to see either yoda or anakin kill Assajj in a very familiar cave on dagobah. I'd also like to see Xizor playing both sides and maybe even a star destroyer battle lead by Thrawn and Tarkin. And finally, since they apparently won't answer this in the movie, i'd like to see the rumored jedi traitor taken down

yerssot
the "jedi traitor" that is much touted, is either Anakin (he goes dark and therefor "betrays" the jedi order) or Syfo-Dyas who "orders" the clones

Maul
what one do u first c Asjajj Ventress in?

Julie
I dunno...but I did see one wiht here...it was episode 6 I think.....the one right after KIT Fisto

yerssot
who looked weird and could ignite a sabre under water

mephistodesigns
yeah! wtf was that? that kinda ticked me off. 'Specially after that deleted scene for Episode 1 established they CAN'T DO THAT. But its a cartoon. That one was sorta pointless anyway. Just show me ARC's on the ground and Anakin in the air and i'm straight.

VengeanceGOD
Which is amusing, since I believe that it's been confirmed by Rick Macallum that there WILL be an underwater lightsaber fight in Episode 3. It'll amuse if they contradict themselves within two movies of one another.

Maybe Fisto's lightsaber is specially designed to be waterproof, when Obi-wan's was not?

Julie
perhaps.....there are many things that will be explained....but I guarrentee that we will be arguing points back and forth even after things are "explained" that's just the way things go around here

mephistodesigns
as long as they say that they have "special" lightsabers for that I'm willing to overlook it, but to not address it at all would sorta blow. From an FX point of view though, that could look really fking awesome, bubbles all around it, the blade hissing through the water. i just want a semi explanation of it.

yerssot
well, it was not in the movie, so perhaps it's something untrue then?

Julie
perhaps they changed their mind....and decided that it was ok to have the lightsabers underwater...

Captain REX
That's a little, er...out there. For one, Anakin will be killing Ventress on Yavin IV.

And Tarkakovsky WAS comissioned. They air in Spring.

Xizor was only a little boy at that time.

Tarkin and Thrawn? Tarkin might be a military man, but Thrawn wouldn't be. Plus, it wouldn't be that cool anyway...

mephistodesigns
just to point out, in EU continuity, I don't think Xizor was in control of Black Sun yet. I could be wrong, they haven't really covered his Clone Wars activities. And Maul did kill of all the old leaders...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>