A few EPS. II questions, Who knows.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alphamale
What planet does the movie start out on Coursean? I know the go to Naboo and other Planets like Tanntooie.

Also where was Count Dooku escaping to?

Ushgarak
Err... kind of hard to make sense of that one. AOTC starts on Coruscant. This is also where Dooku flees to.

Julie
well...I believe Ush said it all

Alphamale
Okay Ush, you sure about the distination of Dooko? If so , we see at the end of EPS II , that the dark lord meets him at the docking terminal, right? SO you are going to tell me that the Senator is going to risk anyone seeing him walk around in that outfit?

ANd that Count Dooku is going to "escape" to the very place the jedi will be returning to also??

finti
well Coruscant is where Dooku escaped too in the end off AOTC, Darth Sideous(Senator PAlpatine) have been around the JC on Coruscant for at least 10 years, so he aint risking any thing by meeting Dooku. The place they met seemed kind of remote and unpopulated

queeq
Yup, an old abandoned industrial area of Coruscant.

Ushgarak
Yes, Alphamale, that was Coruscant and that is all there is too it. Why you thought that was a docking terminal, I am not sure.

Alphamale
Yes is he risking something, the JC has just had a major battle with Count Dooku and know him as an ememy now! So I call that risky!

Ushgarak
I imagine Darth Sidious' extended presence on Coruscant is more risky. I am certain they have taken adequate precautions. The Jedi appeared to have no idea he was there.

queeq
The Dark Side clouds their vision, doesn't it?

Corran
Difficult to see the dark side is.

Alphamale
Thats the risky I was talking about to begin with! Let me be more clear this time! What I was saying was, that it was risky for Palpatine(if thats who it is) to be walking around in the Sidious get-up and meeting with Count Dooku like that!

And if that is indeed Coursesant then it is also very risky for the Count to be there!

Man those Jedi Knights are not all that powerful and knowing after all! Same on Yoda for not "seeing" better!!! Im disappointed!

Ushgarak
The Dark Side clouds everything, remember? Their powers are impaired; they cannot detetc the Sith. Sidious took a similar risk strolling arounfd on a balcony in Sidious gear talking to Darth Maul.

If you want to accuse the Dark Siders of risky arrogance, then fair enough! It is waht killed Sidious in ROTJ, after all.

Member.
The jedi council are now more cautious around the senators because of Count Dooku's warning. But the dark side still clouds everything, so they might not know which one is the bad guy. Palpatine IS one crazy punk to take on the jedi.

queeq
But he doesn't. Haven't you noticed? He lets them get wiped out in battles like the one in AOTC. I don't think he will ever personally engage Jedi in combat. He'll have Vader doing that for him, for whatever is left of the Jedi by then.

Alphamale
Does anybody else wonder where the emperor(if he is darth sidious) got his powers from?? It seems that most of the others in the force have been trained by another jedi? How did he just "become" so powerful?

finti
he was trained by a master too, always two there are, no more no less

queeq
THat is not so sure I think.... we don't know really. Maybe he discovered the secrets of the Sith in some ancient Sith temple.

finti
well one can only guess, my guess is that the siths were around waiting for the time to strike. Sith temple is too EU

Corran
Didn't he suggest they had waited a long time?

finti
well Maul said something about finally we will have our revenge, thats the only thing I can connect with this

Corran
Yep, that's what I was thinking of. The finally statement suggests to me a long time waiting, possibly a long line of sith.

finti
my thoughts on the matter too

Member.
Well we know Darth Sidious is planning to build an ancient weapon of the Sith, the Death Star.

There are always two, a master and an apprentice.

finti
Death Star an ancient weapon of the sith? it is the Genosians who came up with DS

Ushgarak
GL's comments pretty much make out that Sidious is the last in a long line from the last Sith War down.

Alphamale
If it is an ancient weapon, why hasnt anyone in EPS 4 seen one before? Even OB1 acts like it is something "new". And wow what techology those siths must have if something like the "death star" is ancient techology!

Where did it say in the movie, that it was a ancient weapon of the sith?

Also Ush, where is this info from GL that you are talking about? Sidious being a long lineage of the dark side?

Ushgarak
GL talked about the nature of the Sith for Time magazine a long time ago. He described how they used to kill each other so in the end there became just two, a Master and an Apprentice, but even they kept on trying to kill each other, and so the line was passed on. He then says that this is exactly what the Emperor and Vader were trying to do.

Alphamale
Long time ago, 6 mths, in the 90's ,in the 80's, ???

Ushgarak
4 years.

Alphamale
What about this, what if Syfo Dias was the "master" to Palpatine??

If not who trained him?

Ushgarak
The problem with that (otherwise very interesting) idea is that Sifo-Dyas only died ten years before AOTC; there can only be two Sith and obviously Maul had been around a while.

I guess we may never know- some unnamed guy, though how Palpatine came to his attention is a big mystery. When you see Naboo you don't really see the breeding ground for an evil guy like Sidious.

Alphamale
Yeah but somebody had to train him, right? It is going to be real stupid he ,just became evil and "got" the force ! Might have found a flaw in the story, here?

Okay , if it was Dark Maul and Darth Sidious , is it now Sidious and Dooku(Darth Tyranus?) Then who was before dark maul??? Was it Sidious and Syfo Dias?? Something to work on, huh!

Ushgarak
Literally it is who was before Sidious, rather than Maul, who was always the junior partner.

Like I say, it can't be Sifo-Dyas due to the time problem. And yes, of course someonne had to train him.

Alphamale
Dont be so quick to cast off Syfo DIas. You try and get a name then, okay?

queeq
For one, I certainly hope GL's not going to explain all this.

Second, the Jedi did say the Sith were EXTINCT for over a millenium. So if there were indeed extinct, Palpy may very well have trained himself. With what I don't know.

Member.
They only thought the Sith were extinct, but the Sith could very well have trained in secret. Maybe in the outer worlds, or an entirely different galaxy.

finti
well the jedis belived the siths to be extinct for a millenia, doesnt mean it was so though.

Ushgarak
Yes, the Jedi erroneously believed them to be extinct.

Alphamale, that I cannot come up with a name ios hardly relevant; that it cannot be Sifo-Dyas due to the timing issue is.

queeq
Why erroneously? How would we know?

Alphamale
timing , miming! Til you come up with a better choice( and not that is just wasnt what I suggested) I'll stick with it!

finti
alpha no other name needed, Ush has given good enough reasons why not in earlier posts. Time is the problem here SIfo Dyas died arounfd the time of the Naboo blockade, Maul was allready a very well trained Sith apprentice, I guess it takes just as long to train a sith as it does to train a jedi (not counting Luke) So bottom line there is no way Sifo Dyas was the sith master because of there can only be two and the time aspect

Member.
how do u even no sifo dyas is a sith

finti
thats kind off what we are trying to explain he couldnt, unless he stepped in as a sith apprentice after Mauls death only to be bumped by a more promesing badie and sith prospect: Count Dooku

queeq
But that already sounds too complex.... a possibility of course.

Member.
the world of SW is 2 complex
wish GL would just tell me everything

queeq
That'd make it way too boring.

But you can ask us. big grin

Po_Sydunn1
Hello to all! I was reading these messages about how Sidious might have started learning the Sith Teachings. My only guess to that is remembering the stories about the Sith Wars and how they destroyed themselves. Darth Bane was the last to live and he actually revampted the Sith Order..."No more, no less. A Master and an Apprentice." But the true question is what happend between Darth Bane and Darth Sidious? There isn't, if any, information about from the time Lord Bane rewrote the Sith Order to the time Lord Sidious begins his conquest w/Lord Maul and the Trade Federation........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.