Extending human life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
There are researchers who are working on this now, saying it's possible to extend human life to say 200-500 years. I don't know if they'll ever be successful but I hope not. The average human lifespan has already nearly doubled in the last 150 years in most western countries primarily due to advances in medicine.

My feeling is with the human population already over 6 billion and climbing and placing a tremendous strain on the earths resources it would almost be unethical to increase human life considerably more and further excaberate this problem.

What are some other thoughts on this?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
There are researchers who are working on this now, saying it's possible to extend human life to say 200-500 years. I don't know if they'll ever be successful but I hope not. The average human lifespan has already nearly doubled in the last 150 years in most western countries primarily due to advances in medicine.

My feeling is with the human population already over 6 billion and climbing and placing a tremendous strain on the earths resources it would almost be unethical to increase human life considerably more and further excaberate this problem.

What are some other thoughts on this?

The first thing to remember is that averages are misleading in the case of lifespan. The two most vulnerable times in your life are when you're very young and when you're very old. Improved pediatrics inflates average life expectancy without really altering how long people in their twenties have left.

Robtard
People in antediluvian times and sometime after the deluge lived for hundreds and hundreds of years, so it's just a matter of living the lifestyles they lived, no "science" blasphemy nonsense needed, with men trying to play God and dwelling into areas where they don't belong.

ChristmasPast
at times it seems to long.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.