Deadpool vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Searched and nothing came up in the vs. forum.

DP has two adamantium swords for durability purposes. Who wins?

juggernaut74
Bump. Who goes down first?

srankmissingnin
Deadpool loses due inability to counter eventual decapitation / dismemberment.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Deadpool loses due inability to counter eventual decapitation / dismemberment. Which leads me to a question. Is DP's hf good enough to heal back a hand quick enough?

srankmissingnin
Usually he just picks it up and reattaches it.

juggernaut74
Usually he just picks it up and reattaches it. Makes sense I suppose.

Does Wade have any advantages over Logan?

SamZED
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Which leads me to a question. Is DP's hf good enough to heal back a hand quick enough? Depends on the writer, but on his better days Wade can regenerate limbs in a matter of seconds.

Does Wade have any advantages over Logan? Well, reach advantage clearly. He also tends to rely on acrobatics more and (arguably) heals faster. But Logan's adamantium skeleton makes it 6/10 in his favor imo. Or more like 11/20. A very close fight.

srankmissingnin
Makes sense I suppose.

Does Wade have any advantages over Logan?

On average Wade's healing factor is slightly better, but Wolverine has more impressive high end feats. Other than that they are pretty equal outside of combat skill where Wolverine has a not unsubstantial edge.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by SamZED
Depends on the writer, but on his better days Wade can regenerate limbs in a matter of seconds.

Well, reach advantage clearly. He also tends to rely on acrobatics more and (arguably) heals faster. But Logan's adamantium skeleton makes it 6/10 in his favor imo. Or more like 11/20. A very close fight. I agree with most of that. But when you really think about it not too many streets can actually beat Logan. I'm going to say Logan 8/10.

srankmissingnin
Depends on the writer, but on his better days Wade can regenerate limbs in a matter of seconds.

Well, reach advantage clearly. He also tends to rely on acrobatics more and (arguably) heals faster. But Logan's adamantium skeleton makes it 6/10 in his favor imo. Or more like 11/20. A very close fight.

I'd give bone claw Wolverine vs Deadpool 6/10 odds, with his Adamantium no way it's that close.

juggernaut74
I'd give bone claw Wolverine vs Deadpool 6/10 odds, with his Adamantium no way it's that close. I agree. Adamantium is the deal sealer here.

SamZED
I agree with most of that. But when you really think about it not too many streets can actually beat Logan. I'm going to say Logan 8/10. Not many I agree. DP just happens to be one of the few, he's got what it takes. (that is when he's not hallucinating or wasting time on pointless traps that handicap him more than they do Logan). They usually take turns having the upperhand over each other and their random feats are pretty much on the same level.

SamZED
I'd give bone claw Wolverine vs Deadpool 6/10 odds, with his Adamantium no way it's that close. Id say boneclaw is 50/50. Adamantium in my opinion is what makes it slightly in Logan's favor.

juggernaut74
Can you post all of their fights or do I have to go look in the respect threads? Does either have a defenitave win over the other?

SamZED
Can you post all of their fights or do I have to go look in the respect threads? Does either have a defenitave win over the other? You can find all the fights in either Logan or Deadpool threads. There are just too many to post here. Maybe someone else will, I dunno. But most of the time they're evenly matched. When one has the upperhand over the other it's often due to some circumstances.

srankmissingnin
Id say boneclaw is 50/50. Adamantium in my opinion is what makes it slightly in Logan's favor.

I think you are severely underestimating the advantages an Adamantium skeleton affords. It prevents Wolverine from being decapitated, dismembered and stabbed in the brain or some such jazz. That's a huge advantage. If Deadpool and Wolverine just stood in front of each other and stabbed one another in the chest until eventually one of them had their healing factor over loaded, Wade would probably win... but in an actually fight Wolverine is capable of ending it instantly with one blow, and Deadpool is not.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv04nsEfgi1r4nb0lo1_500.jpg

juggernaut74
Has Logan or Wade ever had their throat sliced? I bet that would slow them down for a bit.

srankmissingnin
You can find all the fights in either Logan or Deadpool threads. There are just too many to post here. Maybe someone else will, I dunno. But most of the time they're evenly matched. When one has the upperhand over the other it's often due to some circumstances.

Deadpool's really only held his own or edged out Wolverine when he's had prep or another plot device aiding him like Wolverine being depowered.

Has Logan or Wade ever had their throat sliced? I bet that would slow them down for a bit.

Wolverine has several times, and it hasn't slowed him down. Deadpool is likely in the same boat.

SamZED
I think you are severely underestimating the advantages an Adamantium skeleton affords. It prevents Wolverine from being decapitated, dismembered and stabbed in the brain or some such jazz. That's a huge advantage. If Deadpool and Wolverine just stood in front of each other and stabbed one another in the chest until eventually one of them had their healing factor over loaded, Wade would probably win... but in an actually fight Wolverine is capable of ending it instantly with one blow, and Deadpool is not.
Im aware of all that (although I dont see Logan getting the opportunity to end this with one blow) that's not the reason I say it's 6/10 even with the adamantium. It seems like you only concider the claws vs swords scenario. Dont forget that Deadpool has sh!tload of weapons which is enough to make up for the lack of adamantium.

juggernaut74

SamZED
Deadpool's really only held his own or edged out Wolverine when he's had prep or another plot device aiding him like Wolverine being depowered.
Not really. That actually works for all the times Wolverine's had the upper hand over Deadpool.

srankmissingnin
Im aware of all that (although I dont see Logan getting the opportunity to end this with one blow) that's not the reason I say it's 6/10 even with the adamantium. It seems like you only concider the claws vs swords scenario. Dont forget that Deadpool has sh!tload of weapons which is enough to make up for the lack of adamantium.

Don't really see machine gun fire and a few grenades being much of a deal breaker. Wolverine eats that sort of thing for a light snack before bed.

Not really. That actually works for all the times Wolverine's had the upper hand over Deadpool.

What? Outside of the Dr Bong incident, all the times Wolverine has had the edge were pretty much straight up fights. Even in Origins when he was preped to the gills and Wolverine was purposely trying to lose, Deadpool got punished each and every time he came in for a melee exchange.

SamZED

srankmissingnin
They are scans from 2 different fights.

http://i049.radikal.ru/0910/ce/3e53badb1151.jpg
http://i071.radikal.ru/0910/de/792420ab773f.jpg
http://s46.radikal.ru/i111/0910/60/5d5f8a395d7a.jpg
http://s42.radikal.ru/i098/0910/c7/a1cf7967dea1.jpg
http://s59.radikal.ru/i166/0910/aa/4fa37b9974be.jpg

Notice, Wolverine doesnt use his claws right away, at the same time Deadpool doesnt use his knife or weapons because he thinks they're going at it h2h. That's when Logan pops the claws in order to get the upperhand.

Deadpool had his knifes out the entire time, he didn't use them because Wolverine didn't give him the opportunity, not because Wade "thinks they are going at it in h2h." Deadpool even stabs Wolverine in the stomach before Wolverine's claws come out. That's what the "shukk" sound effect is signifying in the panel before Wolverine takes Wade down and threatens him with his claws.

SamZED
Deadpool had his knifes out the entire time, he didn't use them because Wolverine didn't give him the opportunity, not because Wade "thinks they are going at it in h2h." Deadpool even stabs Wolverine in the stomach before Wolverine's claws come out. That's what the "shukk" sound effect is signifying in the panel before Wolverine takes Wade down and threatens him with his claws. More like Wolverine launched himself at the knife. Its not that he didnt give Wade the opportunity, we can see Deadpool purposely hit Wolverine with in the face with the handle of the knife instead of the blade. He didnt use any other weapons either.

Don't really see machine gun fire and a few grenades being much of a deal breaker. Wolverine eats that sort of thing for a light snack before bed. Im not saying its supposed to ko Wolverine, just make it more even. Slow him down, give Deadpool a kind of advantage, kinda like during his second fight with Sabertooth.

What? Outside of the Dr Bong incident, all the times Wolverine has had the edge were pretty much straight up fights. Even in Origins when he was preped to the gills and Wolverine was purposely trying to lose, Deadpool got punished each and every time he came in for a melee exchange. The origins fight and the fight from Cable and Deadpool are the only times Wolverine has had the advantage over Deadpool. And both times there were circumstances.

Remember, in C&D Deadpool JUST had his head cut off before fighting Wolverine, it was seperated from his body for almost 10 minutes and he barely had any time to heal (literally seconds) before engaging Logan.

Origin is a whole different story, ignore the fact that its written by Way who at that point didnt know jack about Deadpool, there were some circumstances too.

First of all, he was either talking to himself or hallucinating most of the fight. Second, you say "prep" as if it gave Deadpool an unfair advantage, while all it really did was handicap him. Most of the time instead of fighting back he was running away or taking hits while counting seconds in order to get Wolverine to fall into his stupid and useless traps. "It's all about timing" he said. He would've done way better if he just fought him. And he DID do better. The 2 times in Origin when he actually TRIED to fight back they were evenly matched, first time landed the exact same amount of hits befre DP stopped fighting in order to set another stupid trap (which again ended up badly), the second time was when they koed each other.

While there are several other fights when Deadpool has had the upper hand over Logan.
The one where Logan's HF wasnt working was the only time DP had some kind of unfair advantage. Then there was the Werewolf fight where Logan ambushed him and ended up on his knees pinned to a wall. Two more fights posted above where Deadpool gets more hits in than Logan, Logan only gains the advantage when suddenly pops his claws during a h2h fight. And the one you've mentioned vs boneclaw Wolverine. There were no stips that favored Deadpool in those fights.

srankmissingnin
More like Wolverine launched himself at the knife. Its not that he didnt give Wade the opportunity, we can see Deadpool purposely hit Wolverine with in the face with the handle of the knife instead of the blade. He didnt use any other weapons either.
fights.

Wolverine tackled Wade, and Wade stabbed him in the stomach. Deadpool wasn't holding his arm out and Wolverine simply jumped on his knife, considering he was holding his knives in reverse in the previous panel, he would have had to purposely flip the knife around. If Wolverine got hit in the face with handle of knife in a back hand slashing motion, it's because the blade missed him and he was clipped with the handle on the fallow through. There is nothing in that fight that suggest that Deadpool was purposely trying to avoid using his blades.

Wolverine didn't "suddenly pop his claws in a h2h fight." That is an absurd stance. Deadpool had his knives out, he didn't use them because Wolverine didn't give him the opportunity to use them in the first few panels, and Wolverine still got stabbed before he finally popped his claws. And Deadpool was preped in that fight and came with a team of mercs to help him... and Deadpool still flat out said Wolverine was holding back against him in that very same story arc.

Im not saying its supposed to ko Wolverine, just make it more even. Slow him down, give Deadpool a kind of advantage, kinda like during his second fight with Sabertooth.

All that did was slow bone claw Sabretooth down long enough for Cable to come and save Deadpool. Are we thinking that is an option here?

The origins fight and the fight from Cable and Deadpool are the only times Wolverine has had the advantage over Deadpool. And both times there were circumstances.

And the Werewolf fight. And the one posted above. And the brief on in X-Men Origins: Deadpool where Wolverine cut of Deadpool's fingers (and no it isn't a flash back to the origins fight, Wolverine is wearing a different costume and Deadpool's one liner is different).

Remember, in C&D Deadpool JUST had his head cut off before fighting Wolverine, it was seperated from his body for almost 10 minutes and he barely had any time to heal (literally seconds) before engaging Logan.

I'm sure ten minutes of oxygen loss was really detrimental to Deadpool. A normal human can brain can go four minutes with out oxygen before brain damage starts, that 10 minutes, oh boy, too much for Wade to handle. cool

Origin is a whole different story, ignore the fact that its written by Way who at that point didnt know jack about Deadpool, there were some circumstances too.

He knows as much about Deadpool as he does about Wolverine, if not more.

First of all, he was either talking to himself or hallucinating most of the fight. Second, you say "prep" as if it gave Deadpool an unfair advantage, while all it really did was handicap him. Most of the time instead of fighting back he was running away or taking hits while counting seconds in order to get Wolverine to fall into his stupid and useless traps. He would've done way better if he just fight him. And he DID do better. The 2 times he actually TRIED to fight back they were evenly matched, first time landed the exact same amount of hits befre DP stopped fighting in order to set another stupid trap (which again ended up badly), the second time was when they koed each other.

Welcome to Deadpool comics? He is always talking to himself. His prep didn't handicap him, it save his ass more than once. Every time he came in to melee Wolverine, he got wrecked than saved by some prep plot device. He was running away the entire time because he can't compete with Logan in melee combat.

The one where Logan's HF wasnt working was the only time DP had some kind of unfair advantage. Then there was the Werewolf fight where Logan ambushed him and ended up on his knees pinned to a wall. Two more fights posted above where Deadpool gets more hits in than Logan, Logan only gains the advantage when suddenly pops his claws during a h2h fight. And the one you've mentioned vs boneclaw Wolverine. There were no stips that favored Deadpool in those fights.

Deadpool has held is own on two occasions with prep, and one occasion when Wolverine's healing factor was disabled. Every other time Wolverine has had the clear edge.

Wolverine walked all over Deadpool in that Werewolf fight. The only reason Deadpool was able to pin him to a wall is because Wolverine was distracted by a werewolf, while Deadpool still though they were fighting each other.

SamZED
Wolverine tackled Wade, and Wade stabbed him in the stomach. Deadpool wasn't holding his arm out and Wolverine simply jumped on his knife, considering he was holding his knives in reverse in the previous panel, he would have had to purposely flip the knife around. If Wolverine got hit in the face with handle of knife in a back hand slashing motion, it's because the blade missed him and he was clipped with the handle on the fallow through. There is nothing in that fight that suggest that Deadpool was purposely trying to avoid using his blades. Deadpool first kicked Wolverine, then he tagged him with the handle of the knife. He could've done it with the blade, but chose to hit him with the handle. He didnt use anything of his arsenal either. He could've used the tranqs right away, but didnt because he wanted to fight.

Wolverine didn't "suddenly pop his claws in a h2h fight." That is an absurd stance. Deadpool had his knives out, he didn't use them because Wolverine didn't give him the opportunity to use them in the first few panels, and Wolverine still got stabbed before he finally popped his claws. And Deadpool was preped in that fight and came with a team of mercs to help him... and Deadpool still flat out said Wolverine was holding back against him in that very same story arc. He had them out but chose not to use them. Not at first anyway. He clearly did have the opportunity when he hit Wolverine in the face. And a team of mercs who didnt interfere. You say it like they assisted him during the fight. If he really didnt want to fight Logan why not tranq him right away? Or use guns? Or granades? And in any case, that doesnt take away from the second fight of the story where Deadpool landed all the hits.

All that did was slow bone claw Sabretooth down long enough for Cable to come and save Deadpool. Are we thinking that is an option here? Im not gonna try and guess what would've happened exactly, but to say that Cable saved Deadpool is a stretch. Maybe DP would've needed the help later, but when Cable showed up DP didnt need saving, in fact it was ST who could've used it at that point. And his fight with Sabertooth was just an example of how weapons could be helpful against Logan. I repeat, im not saying Deadpool is gonna shoot Wolverine FTW.

And the Werewolf fight. And the one posted above. And the brief on in X-Men Origins: Deadpool where Wolverine cut of Deadpool's fingers (and no it isn't a flash back to the origins fight, Wolverine is wearing a different costume and Deadpool's one liner is different). Huh? I didnt mean it was a flashback. I know they're different fights. Im just saying that "Origins" is the worst Deadpool has ever done against Logan due to Way's incompetence as well as Deadpool's own CIS that prevented him from fighting back the way he usually does. Instead he got his ass kicked while trying to make sure Logan falls for his useless traps. That's Way's writing right there.

I'm sure ten minutes of oxygen loss was really detrimental to Deadpool. A normal human can brain can go four minutes with out oxygen before brain damage starts, that 10 minutes, oh boy, too much for Wade to handle. cool
Well, he said he was "drain bamaged" although that's kind of a given... stick out tongue
But if seriously, that time just wasnt enough to fully heal.

He knows as much about Deadpool as he does about Wolverine, if not more. lol exactly. But at least he was writing Wolverine for some time at that point, had some kind of experience with him. One can only hope he'd at least wiki Deadpool or something...

Welcome to Deadpool comics? He is always talking to himself. Im sorry Srank but that's crazy. Since when he cant compete with Wolverine in melee? He did it several times in the past no problem, but then Way takes over and suddenly "oh no, how can I possibly compete with Logan in a knife fight!?" And he doesnt normally talk to himself, not really. He didnt normally have hallucinations and inner monologue never distracted him during the fights before. And he never had several voices in his head. That's Way's brilliant idea. DP never drifted away during fights in the past either.

His prep didn't handicap him, it save his ass more than once. Every time he came in to melee Wolverine, he got wrecked than saved by some prep plot device. He was running away the entire time because he can't compete with Logan in melee combat. The prep didnt help him. At all. It was the reason he performed so poorly. He didnt need saving when he fought Logan h2h. He was doing just fine, but then stopped fighting in order to tell a joke and activate a bomb. Which almost got him killed. While the h2h part whent just fine. He was running away because he had everything timed perfectly. The exploding ninja stars, the piano, the bomb in the car. All set to go off in a specific time. Said so himself. The rest was him just keeping Logan busy for the traps to work. All it did was handicap him and prevent him from putting up a decent fight. And when he finally stopped relying on the traps he managed to ko Logan.

Deadpool has held is own on two occasions with prep, and one occasion when Wolverine's healing factor was disabled. Every other time Wolverine has had the clear edge. The prep was Deadpool's worst performance against Wolverine. Period. He has had the better of Wolverine at least 2 other times without any help or prep. In fact, the were occasions when the situation favored Logan more than it did Deadpool. For example the boneclaw fight.

Wolverine walked all over Deadpool in that Werewolf fight. The only reason Deadpool was able to pin him to a wall is because Wolverine was distracted by a werewolf, while Deadpool still though they were fighting each other. Wolverine cheapshotted Deadpool and kept beating on him before Wade could get it together. And even then DP managed to hit Wolverine while hanging on the edge of a building and had him fall off the roof before pinning him. Wolverine didnt even see Wereworlf until he was already pinned to the wall.

srankmissingnin
Deadpool first kicked Wolverine, then he tagged him with the handle of the knife. He could've done it with the blade, but chose to hit him with the handle. He didnt use anything of his arsenal either. He could've used the tranqs right away, but didnt because he wanted to fight.

Deadpool not using his daggers isn't an indication that he made a concious choice not to, merely that he was unable to do it. Wade did nott choose not to use them, Wolverine simply never give the opportunity. He kicked Wolverine because he was falling backwards because of an upper cut, he didn't have an option to slash at Wolverine with his knife. If he hit Wolverine with the handle of his knife it would because his back hand slash missed and the handle clipped Wolverine on the fallow through, not because "he decided to hit Wolverine with the handle." Deadpool didn't choose not to use his knives, he just didn't have the choice until Wolverine tackled him. Wolverine on the other hand did choose not to use his claws.

He had them out but chose not to use them. Not at first anyway. He clearly did have the opportunity when he hit Wolverine in the face. And a team of mercs who didnt interfere. You say it like they assisted him during the fight. If he really didnt want to fight Logan why not tranq him right away? Or use guns? Or granades? And in any case, that doesnt take away from the second fight of the story where Deadpool landed all the hits.

Why does Deadpool do any of the things he does?

Anyway, you mean the second "fight" where Deadpool kicked Wolverine in the face once and then Wolverine blocked his second kick with his forearm, where Deadpool's narrative stated that Wolverine had been holding back against him?

Im not gonna try and guess what would've happened exactly, but to say that Cable saved Deadpool is a stretch. Maybe DP would've needed the help later, but when Cable showed up DP didnt need saving, in fact it was ST who could've used it at that point. And his fight with Sabertooth was just an example of how weapons could be helpful against Logan. I repeat, im not saying Deadpool is gonna shoot Wolverine FTW.

Sabretooth was just waiting for Deadpool to exhaust his ammunition, nothing was having much of an effect aside from slowing him down. Deadpool was just delaying the inevitable and Cable came and saved the day.

Huh? I didnt mean it was a flashback. I know they're different fights. Im just saying that "Origins" is the worst Deadpool has ever done against Logan due to Way's incompetence as well as Deadpool's own CIS that prevented him from fighting back the way he usually does. Instead he got his ass kicked while trying to make sure Logan falls for his useless traps. That's Way's writing right there.

Just making sure, you know they are two different instances.

Deadpool's useless traps are the only thing that saved him from Wolverine... and Wolverine wasn't even trying to win. You say Deadpool wasn't fighting like he usually he does, but that isn't true. The difference is that unlike Deadpool and Wolverine's usually fights, this one wasn't a brief exchange by rather was an extend fight that spanned several issues. All their previous fights have been brief and Wolverine has usually had the edge in melee, this was just a natural extension of those fights showcasing what would happen to Deadpool if he tried to lock blades with Wolverine in a fight.

Well, he said he was "drain bamaged" although that's kind of a given... stick out tongue
But if seriously, that time just wasnt enough to fully heal.

Don't see how it possibly couldn't have been enough time for him to heal. Wolverine has remained underwater for over and hour with his throat ripped out and he was fine. Ten minutes of oxygen loss brain damage is a pretty mild thing for guys who heal as fast as Deadpool and Wolverine.

lol exactly. But at least he was writing Wolverine for some time at that point, had some kind of experience with him. One can only hope he'd at least wiki Deadpool or something...

Actually if you go back and read interviews with Way, he actually seems like he is quite knowledge of both characters, I was getting excite for Origins before it was released, he talked like he had a great grasp on the character... unfortunately he is a terribly writer. He is a much better Deadpool writer than a Wolverine one at least, but that is likely because he didn't try to do anything grandiose with the Deadpool mythos, and choose to relegate himself to slapstick

Im sorry Srank but that's crazy. Since when he cant compete with Wolverine in melee? He did it several times in the past no problem, but then Way takes over and suddenly "oh no, how can I possibly compete with Logan in a knife fight!?" And he doesnt normally talk to himself, not really. He didnt normally have hallucinations and inner monologue never distracted him during the fights before. And he never had several voices in his head. That's Way's brilliant idea. DP never drifted away during fights in the past either.

The werewolf fight, the Way fight, the Cable and DP fight. And even in the Wolverine v2 fight where Deadpool does okay, Wolverine isn't using his claws and Deadpool says that Wolverine is holding back.

Maybe we just weren't every privy to those hallucinations? Given his dialogue trees and some of the stuff he says its not a stretch to assume that has been happening the entire time. cool

The prep didnt help him. At all. It was the reason he performed so poorly. He didnt need saving when he fought Logan h2h. He was doing just fine, but then stopped fighting in order to tell a joke and activate a bomb. Which almost got him killed. While the h2h part whent just fine. He was running away because he had everything timed perfectly. The exploding ninja stars, the piano, the bomb in the car. All set to go off in a specific time. Said so himself. The rest was him just keeping Logan busy for the traps to work. All it did was handicap him and prevent him from putting up a decent fight. And when he finally stopped relying on the traps he managed to ko Logan.

The prep certainly helped him. Wolverine had Deadpool dead to rights no less than two separate occasions, before he was dragged away along the street car track and when Wolverine went to save the baby for the explosion. Every time the fight came into melee Wolverine had the advantage, and Deadpool had to run or get saved by a plot device. The only reason Waypool even managed to ko Wolverine is because of his prep traps weakening Wayverine's already impotent healing factor.

The prep was Deadpool's worst performance against Wolverine. Period. He has had the better of Wolverine at least 2 other times without any help or prep. In fact, the were occasions when the situation favored Logan more than it did Deadpool. For example the boneclaw fight.

Waypool vs Wayverine is not Deadpool's worst showing against Wolverine, not by a long shot. The werewolf one is worse, the Cable and DP one is worse, and the Dr Bong and v2 shows are just as bad, Deadpool has never had the best of Wolverine with out prep, except the one instance where Logan was depowered.

Which fight is it that you feel favored bone claw Wolverine more? The one where Wolverine was depowered, or the one where Deadpool was ever so slightly more insane than normal? cool

Wolverine cheapshotted Deadpool and kept beating on him before Wade could get it together. And even then DP managed to hit Wolverine while hanging on the edge of a building and had him fall off the roof before pinning him. Wolverine didnt even see Wereworlf until he was already pinned to the wall.

Wolverine ambushed Deadpool. Deadpool flip kicked Wolverine. Then Wolverine laid into him with four or five unanswered blows with a pipe before Deadpool tackled him through a skylight. Deadpool only manged to pin Wolverine to the wall because of the sudden appearance of a Werewolf which distracted him. Logan was even warning Deadpool about the Werewolf as the sword impaled his shoulder.

juggernaut74
What issue was this werewolf fight?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
For the record, Deadpool has a better implied high end durability feat than Wolverine.

The evil force from the first Deadpool Corp trade claimed that the only way to successfully neutralize Deadpool as a threat was to chuck him into a star and it was flatly stated this wouldn't be fatal, it would just get rid of him for as long as it matters.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
For the record, Deadpool has a better implied high end durability feat than Wolverine.

The evil force from the first Deadpool Corp trade claimed that the only way to successfully neutralize Deadpool as a threat was to chuck him into a star and it was flatly stated this wouldn't be fatal, it would just get rid of him for as long as it matters. We've already agreed DP has the better hf.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
We've already agreed DP has the better hf.

I could have sworn Srank said Wolverine had the better high end of durability/healing factor feats.

juggernaut74
I could have sworn Srank said Wolverine had the better high end of durability/healing factor feats. He might have.

cdtm
I could have sworn Srank said Wolverine had the better high end of durability/healing factor feats.

"We" means everyone but Srank when it comes to Wolverine.

wildernesss
wolverine is more durable than DP; logan's metal skeleton provides structural durability which leaves him intact after suffering attacks which would blow wade to pieces.

as for the HF, immortal wolverine could regenerate from absolutely nothing but a metal skeleton via the phoenix force which would provide logan with enough energy/matter to regenerate. iirc, DP cannot do this & his best feats involves regenerating from goo, not from zero organic matter whatsoever. logan bests HF feats > DP's best HF feats.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by wildernesss
wolverine is more durable than DP; logan's metal skeleton provides structural durability which leaves him intact after suffering attacks which would blow wade to pieces.

as for the HF, immortal wolverine could regenerate from absolutely nothing but a metal skeleton via the phoenix force which would provide logan with enough energy/matter to regenerate. iirc, DP cannot do this & his best feats involves regenerating from goo, not from zero organic matter whatsoever. logan bests HF feats > DP's best HF feats.

Deadpool's best durability/healing factor/immortality feat is that a universal threat considered the only method to sufficiently detain Deadpool so it could conqueror said universe was by chucking him into the center of a star.

wildernesss
Deadpool's best durability/healing factor/immortality feat is that a universal threat considered the only method to sufficiently detain Deadpool so it could conqueror said universe was by chucking him into the center of a star.

ok, but did it actually happen to DP? if something doesn't actually happen, then it doesn't count as a feat.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by wildernesss
ok, but did it actually happen to DP? if it didn't actually happen then it doesn't count as a feat.

That's why I said implied originally.

But combined with his immortality curse and the fact that Wolverine has at least went into the outer corona of the sun and healed from that with minimal aid, I don't see where it is completely far fetched and uncredible.

wildernesss
That's why I said implied originally.

But combined with his immortality curse and the fact that Wolverine has at least went into the outer corona of the sun and healed from that with minimal aid, I don't see where it is completely far fetched and uncredible.

I agree to a certain extent; however, until it actually occurs it remains relatively speculative & without the neccessary feat itself. until then, immortal logan still has demonstrated the better actual HF feat imo; it's hard to match logan's natural HF backed up by the phoenix force.

vamonis

SamZED
because his back hand slash missed and the handle clipped Wolverine on the fallow through That's like saying Wolverine didnt stab Blade because he forgot to pop his claws. Deadpool is an expert with swords/knives.
http://i071.radikal.ru/0910/de/792420ab773f.jpg
The fact that he connected easilly with the handle makes it clear that he could've done so with the blade if he wanted to. Wolverine not givving him an opportunity has nothing to do with it.

Why does Deadpool do any of the things he does?

Anyway, you mean the second "fight" where Deadpool kicked Wolverine in the face once and then Wolverine blocked his second kick with his forearm, where Deadpool's narrative stated that Wolverine had been holding back against him?
Because he likes to fight.

Yes, that fight. But it wasnt once. Deadpool connected with Wolverine 3 times, before Logan finally managed to block one of his attacks. Deadpool never said that Wolverine held back, he was just mocking Wolverine, saying that he's gone soft and would never try to kill him. Which doesnt change the fact that Wolverine started the fight with an attempt to slice Deadpool in two.

Sabretooth was just waiting for Deadpool to exhaust his ammunition, nothing itable and Cable came and saved the day. Maybe that would've been the case eventually. Maybe. But "save the day" implies that Deadpool was getting his ass kicked. He wasnt. He was doing all the fighting while Creed was taking all the punishment. We can only speculate what would've happened IF Cable didnt show up. But to say that Deadpool needed saving at that point is just not right. Not to mention, Wolverine isnt as durable as ST, so if Deadpool has the equipment to slow Creed down - he surely has what it takes to make the odds more even with Logan.

Deadpool's useless traps are the only thing that saved him from Wolverine... and Wolverine wasn't even trying to win. You say Deadpool wasn't fighting like he usually he does, but that isn't true. The difference is that unlike Deadpool and Wolverine's usually fights, this one wasn't a brief exchange by rather was an extend fight that spanned several issues. All their previous fights have been brief and Wolverine has usually had the edge in melee, this was just a natural extension of those fights showcasing what would happen to Deadpool if he tried to lock blades with Wolverine in a fight. Wolverine doesn't "usually has the edge in melee". You think of the origins fight as of summary to all their battles. It's not. It's one crappy written fight which is the BEST showing Wolverine has had against Deadpool EVER. This fact alone suggests that the prep did no good to Deadpool. Wade has never needed anything to save him from Wolverine. Heck, he's fought Wolverine evenly while barely paying attention to him in the past. This fight while lasted for several issues wasnt nearly as intense, as some of their previous battles, most of it was just running/leading into traps and monologue. To say that Deadpool needed traps to "save" him is lowballing to an incredible degree. He wasnt fighting back in the elevator, he on purpose stopped fighting back when the car bomb went off, he didnt need saving, it went that way because Deadpool allowed it to go that way. But when he did choose to fight back, they were evenly matched. As always. Just look at the ending of the fight, and the h2h part of the fight.

Don't see how it possibly couldn't have been enough time for him to heal. Wolverine has remained underwater for over and hour with his throat ripped out and he was fine. Ten minutes of oxygen loss brain damage is a pretty mild thing for guys who heal as fast as Deadpool and Wolverine. His healing factor wasnt that good at that point in C&D. Heck even Waypool regenerated a new head in less than 10 minutes. While in that instance his head was seperated for almost 10 minutes and was only reattached seconds before he fight. How is that fair?

Actually if you go back and read interviews with Way, he actually seems like he is quite knowledge of both characters, I was getting excite for Origins before it was released, he talked like he had a great grasp on the character... unfortunately he is a terribly writer. He is a much better Deadpool writer than a Wolverine one at least, but that is likely because he didn't try to do anything grandiose with the Deadpool mythos, and choose to relegate himself to slapstick He made it seem like he knows something about them in interviews. But once you read his stories it becomes crystal clear he knows next to nothing about Deadpool. Ive noticed that back when he appeared in Origins to fight Wolverine. It became even more obvious over time. The worst part, he tries to bring back old DP characters and ends up screwing them up as well.

Maybe we just weren't every privy to those hallucinations? Given his dialogue trees and some of the stuff he says its not a stretch to assume that has been happening the entire time. cool Heh, he can be random sometimes. But remember the boneclaw Wolverine fight? DP was freaking out because he started to see things. Same in C&D when Nate was messing with his head. Now its common for him to drift away and get blown up or shot because of it.

The prep certainly helped him. Wolverine had Deadpool dead to rights no less than two occasions, before he was dragged away along the street car track and when Wolverine went to save the baby for the explosion. Every time the fight came into melee Wolverine had advantage, and Deadpool had to run or get saved by a plot device. The only reason Waypool even managed to ko Wolverine is because of his prep traps weakening Wayverine's already impotent healing factor. You're looking at it the wrong way. The baby-bomb instance. Remember how it went? They start fighting h2h, land the exact number of hits. Deadpool is doing just fine. THEN Wade decides to set the bomb in motion. What does he do? He stops fighting h2h, starts telling a joke while just avoiding Logan without fighting back and THAT'S when he gets knocked down. The bomb didnt SAVE him. The bomb was the REASON he needed saving. He wasnt worried about Logan stabbing him because he knew the bomb will be activated before it happens, that's why we see him smiling, every second of it was staged, he even meant to miss Logan with the bazooka. Key point, until he stopped fighting in order to set the trap he was doing perfectly fine in h2h. All those traps did was distract him, make him count seconds instead of fighting. While Logan healed the damage almost instantly.

And there was no indication that Wolverine was weakened when he got KOed. DP never needed to weaken him in the past to win. Also Deadpool himself got blown to bits during the fight, so..

Waypool vs Wayverine is not Deadpool's worst showing against Wolverine, not bywerewolf one is worse, the Cable and DP one is worse,Dr Bong and v2 shows as bad, Deadpool has never had the best of Wolverine with out prep, except the one instance where Logan was depowered. ??? The werewolf fight, Deadpool got ambushed by Logan and still eneded up in a winning position. C&D a weakened Deadpool lost (because of PIS) but still was the first one to draw blood. Boneclaw Wolverine, Deadpool left him barely concious on the ground for MINUTES and went to talk with Dr. Bong. Allowed him to heal and then he continued to fight Wolverine while at the same time chatting with Bong. He was doing all the fighting in the fight posted above and in another one landed most of hits. I'll go as far as say, Deadpool's (no PIS, no CIS) win record against Wolverine is better than vise versa. Origins is the very best showing Wolverine has ever had against Deadpool and even that was because of DP's CIS (distracting useless traps) and Way's incompetence (hallucinations and extra voices). Its Wolverine who has never beaten Deadpool without a plot device or character induced stupidity, not the other way around.

Which fight is it that you feel favored bone claw Wolverine more? The one where Wolverine was depowered, or the one where Deadpool was ever so slightly more insane than normal? cool The second one. stick out tongue

Wolverine ambushed Deadpool. Deadpool flip kicked Wolverine. Then Wolverine laid into him with four or five unanswered blows with a pipe before Deadpool tackled him through a skylight. Deadpool only manged to pin Wolverine to the wall because of the sudden appearance of a Werewolf which distracted him. Logan was even warning Deadpool about the Werewolf as the sword impaled his shoulder. He wanred Deadpool about the Werewolf only after he was already pinned. When Wade's sword went through Wolverine he was still trying to get up and knew nothing about the werewolf. And those 4-5 unanswered blows were only landed when DP just stopped climbed the rooftop - no different from the ambush at the beginning of the fight, Logan didnt give him a chance to prepare for the fight. Wade only got the chance to get ready when Logan stopped to pop his claws. Grabbed his wrists and tackled him off the rooftop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.