Steel vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules........

-Pr-
Which Steel? John Henry Irons? Or Citizen Steel?

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
Which Steel? John Henry Irons? Or Citizen Steel? Does it matter? ermm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Does it matter? ermm

Not really. I was just trying to be polite.

King Castle
1) steel( henry irons

2) commander steel

3) this steel

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Steel-heywood.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by King Castle
1) steel( henry irons

2) commander steel

3) this steel

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Steel-heywood.jpg

1. Cap dies.
2. Cap dies.
3. no idea.

King Castle
what if he is blood lusted?

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not really. I was just trying to be polite. laughing out loud

The characters Citizen Steel and Commander Steel have been shown to be near Kryptonian levels regarding strength and durability.

-Pr-
what if he is blood lusted?

No difference.

Originally posted by Badabing
laughing out loud

The characters Citizen Steel and Commander Steel have been shown to be near Kryptonian levels regarding strength and durability.

ah. i didn't know about commander steel.

King Castle
now!! not always!

it wasnt always like that not even close.

-Pr-
now!! not always!

it wasnt always like that not even close.

maybe not for commander steel, but the others have been pretty consistent.

King Castle
pfff... even steel strength was low end.. only reason ppl think it was higher is b/c they retroactively give him high end superhuman strength b/c he fought eradicator when he 1st appeared even Superboy was given retro active herald lvl strength when he didnt rate it at the time of their 1st appearance..

at best when steel 1st came out he was only around 10 ton worth of strength superboy was about 40 to maybe 60 tons from his early appearance feats and even then it wasnt consistent.

Superman before and during the reign of supermen was barely a 100 tonner not high end as he is now..

if steel had superhuman strength he wouldnt have had trouble with the white rabiit and her cronies nor guys with meta roids which only amped them about 2 to 5 tons tops.

-Pr-
pfff... even steel strength was low end.. only reason ppl think it was higher is b/c they retroactively give him high end superhuman strength b/c he fought eradicator when he 1st appeared even Superboy was given retro active herald lvl strength when he didnt rate it at the time of their 1st appearance..

at best when steel 1st came out he was only around 10 ton worth of strength superboy was about 40 to maybe 60 tons from his early appearance feats and even then it wasnt consistent.

Superman before and during the reign of supermen was barely a 100 tonner not high end as he is now..

if steel had superhuman strength he wouldnt have had trouble with the white rabiit and her cronies nor guys with meta roids which only amped them about 2 to 5 tons tops.

was that addressed to me?

King Castle
no one in particular.

"i" dont single out ppl like others i know. shifty

-Pr-
Ah.

Well I disagreed with pretty much every part of that, but alas...

King Castle
that's a shame.. b/c i have the Steel comic series right here..
http://cache.coverbrowser.com/image/steel/2-1.jpg
Amalgam ring a bell?

or

"jemahl, cowboy or tar freak"

if this were early steel from his comic series he would get beat blk and blue and blood lusted Cap would slice him in half

-Pr-
that's a shame.. b/c i have the Steel comic series right here..
http://cache.coverbrowser.com/image/steel/2-1.jpg
Amalgam ring a bell?

or

"jemahl, cowboy or tar freak"

I'm going by how he was represented in the Superman series'. I didn't read the Steel series.

King Castle
Steel gradually increased in power through his career but it wasnt always so not in reign of supermen or early couple of years..

that was all i was sayin.

-Pr-
Steel gradually increased in power through his career but it wasnt always so not in reign of supermen or early couple of years..

that was all i was sayin.

I'm not saying he didn't get more powerful; just that he wasn't within Cap's reach to start with.

King Castle
in the beginning he was.. even with his high moment of hitting eradicator till eradicator got series and grabbed him...

i notice a lot of ppl and i mean a lot of ppl dont seem to realize that characters were not always written in a certain power class as they are now.. the biggest one is the ones that wear S shields.

they like to go back and look at old feats as being herald lvl strength durability fights b/c that';s how they are modernly written but dont realize at the time their highest feats were from rogue strength class b/c that was all they could reach even by straining and then turn around and tell everyone they are high herald b/c the modern version is written more Superman lvl then in the past..

but if you point out that the early version was straining lifting a globe or a train they start screaming PIS b/c they assume the modern version is the exact same as the old one. which although the history is the same the power scale was completely different.

its if you go within a window of comic history and set rules stating they can only use feats established within that decade you have a very scaled back version of the hero who at best would be mid meta and get trashed by characters who would be considered a joke in current continuity.

Prep-Man
Steel.

The Nuul
But Cap can use pressure points like he did on the Hulk! Also, Cap has taken a few hits from Hulk and still fought back.

-Pr-
in the beginning he was.. even with his high moment of hitting eradicator till eradicator got series and grabbed him...

i notice a lot of ppl and i mean a lot of ppl dont seem to realize that characters were not always written in a certain power class as they are now.. the biggest one is the ones that wear S shields.

they like to go back and look at old feats as being herald lvl strength durability fights b/c that';s how they are modernly written but dont realize at the time their highest feats were from rogue strength class b/c that was all they could reach even by straining and then turn around and tell everyone they are high herald b/c the modern version is written more Superman lvl then in the past..

but if you point out that the early version was straining lifting a globe or a train they start screaming PIS b/c they assume the modern version is the exact same as the old one. which although the history is the same the power scale was completely different.

its if you go within a window of comic history and set rules stating they can only use feats established within that decade you have a very scaled back version of the hero who at best would be mid meta and get trashed by characters who would be considered a joke in current continuity.

he wasn't, imo.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Nuul
But Cap can use pressure points like he did on the Hulk! Also, Cap has taken a few hits from Hulk and still fought back. you got raped by a guy named bruce didn't you? (with a strap-on no doubt) stick out tongue

Parmaniac
What does that matter on what level they were back then? New thread = Current version.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.