The weakest character who can KILL current Thanos...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Who is the weakest character who can kill Thanos (wether directly or indirectly) with him being "Deaths Avatar" and all?

I have my own idea's, but I want to see what you all think 1st...

Colossus-Big C
Maelstrom

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Maelstrom

Explain...

King Castle
Magus.

Parmaniac
Anti Thanos

chomperx9
squirrel girl

iceman24567
The new nanny for the New Avengers shifty

TheLordofMurder
Theorectically an unbound Cosmic Cube could do it IF a will stronger than its own forced it to override its self imposed inhibitions; but an unbound CC is also theoretically equal to the IG, so its not the weakest that can do it...

The Inbetweener has already forced Death (on panel mind you) to do something that she/it did not want to do...and theres no reason to doubt he could force her to take Thanos.

Galactus could kill him with the Ultimate Nullifer if he ever decided to do so...

I cant think of anyone beneath the Big-G and the IB that could do it...is there anyone weaker than these two that could permanently kill Thanos?

chomperx9
aunt may

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Explain... he sends him straight to oblivion

TheLordofMurder
he sends him straight to oblivion

Has he ever done such a thing on panel?

Eternal Idol
KMC's very own Quanchi. He's already killed Thanos for the rest of us.

crackers

Nihilist
Theorectically an unbound Cosmic Cube could do it IF a will stronger than its own forced it to override its self imposed inhibitions; but an unbound CC is also theoretically equal to the IG, so its not the weakest that can do it...

The Inbetweener has already forced Death (on panel mind you) to do something that she/it did not want to do...and theres no reason to doubt he could force her to take Thanos.

Galactus could kill him with the Ultimate Nullifer if he ever decided to do so...

I cant think of anyone beneath the Big-G and the IB that could do it...is there anyone weaker than these two that could permanently kill Thanos? Inbetweener didnt force Death to do anything, he summoned her due to the laws of the universe such as Order,Chaos,Life and Death.

The Inbetweene may not be able to kill Thanos himself due to Thanos being beyond his reach and having no power over him.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nihilist
Inbetweener didnt force Death to do anything, he summoned her due to the laws of the universe such as Order,Chaos,Life and Death.

I cant present scans because I am using a ps3 to post, but this is from The Thanos Quest...Book 1. This is Deaths "Mouth Piece," that zombie looking thing, speaking directly to Thanos as pertains the IB:

"You will remember the SCOUNDREL that recently FORCED us into actions AGAINST our WILL. "

See, Death made a promise/vow to the Elders of the Universe that she would not take them; the IB made her break that promise...

So yeah, the Inbetweener DID force Death to do something she/it did not want to do...

-K-M-
Deadly Ernest

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

crackers

So true!

You know, prior to frequenting this forum, I used to geniunely like Thanos; he's smart, strong, powerful, and cunning...

But after reading Quanchi and Thanosi's continuous and unrelenting glorifying rants about him, and how he simply cant be beaten and never loses...

Well, lets just say I find myself going against him more and more...

Nihilist
I cant present scans because I am using a ps3 to post, but this is from The Thanos Quest...Book 1. This is Deaths "Mouth Piece," that zombie looking thing, speaking directly to Thanos as pertains the IB:

"You will remeber the SCOUNDREL that recently FORCED us into actions AGAINST our WILL. "

See, Death made a promise/vow to the Elders of the Universe that she would not take them; the IB made her break that promise...

So yeah, the Inbetweener DID force Death to do something she/it did not want to do... *Sigh* if you read the actual story in which it took place(Silver Surfer series) it explain she had to do it because he summoned her and because of the natural order of chaos,order,life and death she was forced to perform the task. So all in all she was forced to do it because her role in the universe, not because his power is greater than hers, and as stated on panel Chaos and Order(Inbetweeners masters and source of his power) have no power over Thanos.

Nihilist
So true!

You know, prior to frequenting this forum, I used to geniunely like Thanos; he's smart, strong, powerful, and cunning...

But after reading Quanchi and Thanosi's continuous and unrelenting glorifying rants about him, and how he simply cant be beaten and never loses...

Well, lets just say I find myself going against him more and more... So you dislike a character because of his or other fanboys...thats weak sauce. Considering you like too mock them for their views on said character, yet you let their views influence your stance on a character.

TheLordofMurder
*Sigh* if you read the actual story in which it took place(Silver Surfer series) it explain she had to do it because he summoned her and because of the natural order of chaos,order,life and death she was forced to perform the task. So all in all she was forced to do it because her role in the universe, not because his power is greater than hers, and as stated on panel Chaos and Order(Inbetweeners masters and source of his power) have no power over Thanos.

I have read that story...and I know the IB isnt stronger than Death; did I state that anywhere in this thread btw?

My contention was that the IB forced Death to do something she didnt want to do; you state the very same thing in your above post, so whats your point? It seems to me that we both agree that the IB forced her to take the Elders.

And so, the IB should be able to force Death to take Thanos as well...

TheLordofMurder
So you dislike a character because of his or other fanboys...thats weak sauce. Considering you like too mock them for their views on said character, yet you let their views influence your stance on a character.

It is what it is...

I think it was "weak sauce" on your part to constantly defend Thanos as you regularly did; you arent as extreme as Quan and Thanosi though...thank god for that.

Nihilist
I have read that story...and I know the IB isnt stronger than Death; did I state that anywhere in this thread btw?

My contention was that the IB forced Death to do something she didnt want to do; you state the very same thing in your above post, so whats your point? It seems to me that we both agree that the IB forced her to take the Elders.

And so, the IB should be able to force Death to take Thanos as well... But he cant force death as he cant effect Thanos using his powers as his masters and power source dont have any power over him therefore negating his use of his power to effect Thanos in any way. So summoning Death wont work as the natural order wont be obeyed as Chaos and Order wont be part of it.

TheLordofMurder
And besides, to get back on topic, Death itself felt like the IB forced her to take the Elders...

That should be credible enough; that the IB can force her to do things that she/it doesnt want to do...shouldnt it?

Nihilist
It is what it is...

I think it was "weak sauce" on your part to constantly defend Thanos as you regularly did; you arent as extreme as Quan and Thanosi though...thank god for that. Weak sauce to defend a character you like when people debate against him laughing out loud thats what the purpose of a versum forum is. Its weak sauce when the only reason you debate against a character is because you dislike its fanboys and not the character itself. which you have already admitted is why you let Thanos fanboys "have it" Happy Dance

Nihilist
And besides, to get back on topic, Death itself felt like the IB forced her to take the Elders...

That should be credible enough; that the TB can force her to do things that she/it doesnt want to do...shouldnt it? Not when the sole reason for her doing it was down to Chaos and Order who have NO POWER over Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
But he cant force death as he cant effect Thanos using his powers as his masters and power source dont have any power over him therefore negating his use of his power to effect Thanos in any way. So summoning Death wont work as the natural order wont be obeyed as Chaos and Order wont be part of it.

That is pure speculation on your part and you dam well know it...

Do you have any proof to support your claim?

TheLordofMurder
Not when the sole reason for her doing it was down to Chaos and Order who have NO POWER over Thanos.

Just so I am clear...

Are you saying that two High Abstracts...Order and Chaos...have no ability to do anything to Thanos whatsoever???

King Castle
Lord order and chaos are weak... and i mean weak as in they are not allowed to interfere with certain beings by LT, eternity and infinity..

they wouldnt be able to do a damn thing even if they wanted to.

they just watch and observe as certain probabilities take place.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by King Castle
Lord order and chaos are weak... and i mean weak as in they are not allowed to interfere with certain beings by LT, eternity and infinity..

they wouldnt be able to do a damn thing even if they wanted to.

As with Nihilist...

Can you provide proof to support your claim?

Nihilist
That is pure speculation on your part and you dam well know it...

Do you have any proof to support your claim? Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Just so I am clear...

Are you saying that two High Abstracts...Order and Chaos...have no ability to do anything to Thanos whatsoever??? Yeah, as stated on panel in Thanos quest when Thanos goes to the Inbetweener in the Nexus of Reality, its all down to Thanos being brought back from the Dead by Mistress Death, it is also mentioned about him being beyond Chaos and Orders grasp in Marvel The End.

Which you should know as you have already commented on Thanos Quest as a example in tis thread.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

crackers Lol Nice.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah, as stated on panel in Thanos quest when Thanos goes to the Inbetweener in the Nexus of Reality, its all down to Thanos being brought back from the Dead by Mistress Death, it is also mentioned about him being beyond Chaos and Orders grasp in Marvel The End.

Which you should know as you have already commented on Thanos Quest as a example in tis thread.

Bah...

I have re-read that part and you are correct (dam you!); Order and Chaos have no power over Thanos...

Ok, so the IB is out of the picture...so is Galactus the weakest character that could permanently kill Thanos at present? I cant think of a character weaker than him that could do it unless BigC can prove that Maelstrom can send his opponents straight into oblivion...

TheLordofMurder
But wait...

Order and Chaos were directly affecting Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet; shouldnt they be able to do the same thing to him without the IG?

Nihilist
Bah...

I have re-read that part and you are correct (dam you!); Order and Chaos have no power over Thanos...OWNED Happy Dance

Sure Galactus could do it, tbh ive never been impressed by Maelstrom under his own power, other than Oblivion helping out imo he cant do it.

Don Corleone
Drax stick out tongue

Nihilist
But wait...

Order and Chaos were directly affecting Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet; shouldnt they be able to do the same thing to him without the IG? Nah, because in that very same story Spiderman,Thor and others effected Thanos when he had the gauntlet, it was all down to the writer giving the heroes a chance as such.

Starlins writing in the main IG story was so inconsistent it was scary.

TheLordofMurder
OWNED Happy Dance

Atleast I can admit when I am wrong...

stick out tongue

Nihilist
Atleast I can admit when I am wrong...

stick out tongue And fair play to you for doing so.

zopzop
Bah...

I have re-read that part and you are correct (dam you!); Order and Chaos have no power over Thanos...

What does this have to do with the IB? He has shown that his powerset is more varied then even his masters. Look at what he did to Death, and she's supposedly higher on the cosmic hierarchy than Order/Chaos.

Plus the IB's handbook entry even says he's immune to the effects of the Infinity Gems.

I still say your first statement is correct, IB forces Death to take Thanos. Game Over smile

tsscls
Snapper Carr. Or Jarvis.

Nihilist
Originally posted by zopzop
What does this have to do with the IB? He has shown that his powerset is more varied then even his masters. Look at what he did to Death, and she's supposedly higher on the cosmic hierarchy than Order/Chaos.Disagree, He was only able to command Death because she had to follow the laws of the universe about life and death as she is a agent of order
Wasnt that only the gems one their own and not the gauntlet itself.

Which he wouldnt be able to do as it is beyond his jurisdiction of power(which was the only reason he could command Death in the first place), so him commanding Death to take Thanos wouldnt run in accordance with Chaos,Order,Life and Death.

zopzop
@Nihilist

There's no point arguing this , he has forced her to do his bidding before. Admitted by Death itself. If this was just a run of the mill thing, she wouldn't have felt so slighted by it. The fact that she was humiliated and stated it should tell you it wasn't a "normal" occurrence. He forced her to do something against her will.

Plus back on topic, there's more than one way to "kill" something if you are creative enough. The Cocati, or whatever the correct spelling of the name of those plant like things that were in the Silver Surfer issues that were chasing after Manits, killed an Elder of the Universe. When he told them that he couldn't die, they responded back, "Death isn't part of your destruction".

I'm also guessing anyone that can "nullify" or erase a person from existence can do it too.

Nihilist
@Nihilist

There's no point arguing this , he has forced her to do his bidding before. Admitted by Death itself. If this was just a run of the mill thing, she wouldn't have felt so slighted by it. The fact that she was humiliated and stated it should tell you it wasn't a "normal" occurrence. He forced her to do something against her will.

Plus back on topic, there's more than one way to "kill" something if you are creative enough. The Cocati, or whatever the correct spelling of the name of those plant like things that were in the Silver Surfer issues that were chasing after Manits, killed an Elder of the Universe. When he told them that he couldn't die, they responded back, "Death isn't part of your destruction".

I'm also guessing anyone that can "nullify" or erase a person from existence can do it too. But if you ignore why he she did his bidding then yeah fine, but she did his bidding because of her role as a agent of Order, but take out the fact that Order doesnt to apply to Thanos then it a whole different story.

carver9
Kill him... blink could do it. Teleport a building inside of his chest.

Keeping him permanently dead... can't think of anyone that could do it.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
Keeping him permanently dead... can't think of anyone that could do it.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Galactus using the Ultimate Nullifier and an Cosmic Cube with a will more powerful than its own commanding it could do it...

If the IB's powers work as Nihilist believes, the IB would be incapable of doing it, but if zop is right, then add the IB to the list of beings who could permanently kill Thanos as he currently is...

At anyrate, I think we'd all agree that, barring some special circumstance, it would take someone or something extremely powerful to permanently kill Thanos at this point...

TheLordofMurder
@Nihilist

I'm also guessing anyone that can "nullify" or erase a person from existence can do it too.

Good point; I dont think its beyond reason that a Skyfather or higher being could think up a creative way to "kill" Thanos...especially if the Cocati could come up with a way to kill an Elder.

Black bolt z
Who can kill him?Any skyfather.

Who can make him stay dead? Inbetweener because he can make death accept him or anyone stronger then death.

Logically to kill for good you would have to be powerful enough to contridict the word of death.

Pretty much you either need to be able to beat death to kill him for good or have some sort of loophole like IB has.

Black bolt z
*Sigh* if you read the actual story in which it took place(Silver Surfer series) it explain she had to do it because he summoned her and because of the natural order of chaos,order,life and death she was forced to perform the task. So all in all she was forced to do it because her role in the universe, not because his power is greater than hers, and as stated on panel Chaos and Order(Inbetweeners masters and source of his power) have no power over Thanos. No he doesn't have power enough to permenatly kill him.But he did FORCE death to kill the elders who were just as unkillable ad thanos.

TheLordofMurder
I should have been clearer in the OP; permanent death is what this thread is talking about as pertains Thanos...

Or rather, who is the weakest character that can (either directly or indirectly) permanently kill Thanos?

At this point, I'd say Galactus for certain and a maybe to the IB as there is some question as to wether his powerset would allow him to force Death to take Thanos or not...

And there is a possibility that a creative workaround could be found and executed by beings lesser than those two if those things that zop mentioned were able to pull it off...

Black bolt z
^

How exactly would Galactus do it?I can see how IB can find a loophole.

Omega Vision
Lobo /w Cloning power

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Black bolt z
^

How exactly would Galactus do it?

Ultimate Nullifier.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lobo /w Cloning power

??

How would Lobo permanently kill Thanos with this power?

Black bolt z
Ultimate Nullifier. Thats not killing him.Its sending him to oblivion.Yes he could be defeated.But no he would not be killed.

TheLordofMurder
Thats not killing him.Its sending him to oblivion.Yes he could be defeated.But no he would not be killed.

I really dont see a difference; if he is sent to oblivion he is done and gone just like if he was killed in a traditional manner...

Black bolt z
I really dont see a difference; if he is sent to oblivion he is done and gone just like if he was killed in a traditional manner... But hes not dead. Quasar was sent to oblivion and he wasn't "dead".

-Pr-
Thats not killing him.Its sending him to oblivion.Yes he could be defeated.But no he would not be killed.

wouldn't that still count as a win?

TheLordofMurder
But hes not dead. Quasar was sent to oblivion and he wasn't "dead".

If you are shot with the UN why wont you be dead?

Your body would be completely and utterly destroyed...and whatever is leftover is sent to oblivion...how is that not dead?

King Kandy
Disagree, He was only able to command Death because she had to follow the laws of the universe about life and death as she is a agent of order
That is never stated at all in the comic where it happened (SS # 17). All IB says is "She has no choice when I summon her! Am I not the balance point between all extremes? Am I not Death myself, as as well as life?"

It never states anything about it being a law of the universe, and the dialogue certainly points more to it being a power of IB himself than that of his masters. In fact, a couple panels later, IB says that Chaos and Order are completely alien to Death, and don't have influence on one another.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by King Kandy
That is never stated at all in the comic where it happened (SS # 17). All IB says is "She has no choice when I summon her! Am I not the balance point between all extremes? Am I not Death myself, as as well as life?"

It never states anything about it being a law of the universe, and the dialogue certainly points more to it being a power of IB himself than that of his masters. In fact, a couple panels later, IB says that Chaos and Order are completely alien to Death, and don't have influence on one another.

I just double checked that...you are 100% correct.

So yeah...the IB should be able to force Death to take Thanos then.

shokosugi
Classic Dr. Strange

zopzop
But hes not dead. Quasar was sent to oblivion and he wasn't "dead".

Isn't the only reason he survived that encounter because he still had residual power from the Star Brand?

That thing is better than sex! big grin

King Kandy
Originally posted by shokosugi
Classic Dr. Strange
He has no way to kill someone refused by Death... though Death cannot claim him either.

Omega Vision
??

How would Lobo permanently kill Thanos with this power?
The Main Man will seduce Death, bang her, and convince her to let the purple retard back in.

King Kandy
Didn't Death already refuse Lobo? I don't think that's going to work.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Didn't Death already refuse Lobo? I don't think that's going to work.
That was DC Gaiman Death. She has higher standards.

TheLordofMurder
The Main Man will seduce Death, bang her, and convince her to let the purple retard back in.

Thanos might not want her anymore after he finds out she's been shaggin with Lobo...

smile

Omega Vision
Thanos might not want her anymore after he finds out she's been shaggin with Lobo...

smile
He'll take sloppy seconds and like it.

TheLordofMurder
He'll take sloppy seconds and like it.

LOL!

laughing out loud

Uriel005
Anyone with Soul Manip. So most high mages. Dr. Doom could probably pull it off kill the body and trap the soul. Not to say that he's going to take majority on TI Thanos but he could kill him with a degree of permanence.

Colossus-Big C
ghost rider

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Uriel005
Anyone with Soul Manip. So most high mages. Dr. Doom could probably pull it off kill the body and trap the soul. Not to say that he's going to take majority on TI Thanos but he could kill him with a degree of permanence.

I could definitely see Soul Trap working; you could potentially get rid of Thanos indefinitely with that tactic...

Of course, you'd still need to be powerful enough to "kill" him in the 1st place; with that in mind, I am betting a Skyfather or higher being could definitely "kill" Thanos...as long as they trapped his soul the instant they destroy his body.

Black bolt z
ghost rider Thanos doesn't feel guilt.

Uriel005
I could definitely see Soul Trap working; you could potentially get rid of Thanos indefinitely with that tactic...

Of course, you'd still need to be powerful enough to "kill" him in the 1st place; with that in mind, I am betting a Skyfather or higher being could definitely "kill" Thanos...as long as they trapped his soul the instant they destroy his body.
Like I said anyone with soul manip could kill Thanos given enough time and prep. Not to say that they are going to succeed just that it's possible.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by -Pr-
wouldn't that still count as a win? OKay yeah I guess that would be one of the loopholes.

But the UN wouldn't be the weakest.And its not a character.

-K-M-
Originally posted by -K-M-
Deadly Ernest

Sound so sweet I posted it twice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.