Ronan/Superskrull vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins

Warlord
Duo

Stoic
Gladiator

the ninjak
Gladiator

dmills
Glads has the huge advantage in speed and strength. The team is more versatile. Unless Glads can one-shot them- which I don't see happening, the team should take it with their varied power-sets.

carver9
Gladiator.

Duo.

These 2 don't get enough respect arround here.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
Duo.

These 2 don't get enough respect arround here.

They get what they deserve. Just remember that a female Strontian nearly killed Ravenous and a Nova officer, and she did it with very little effort. Ravenous in my opinion was slightly superior to Ronan in their little squirmish during the Annihilation wave. This may seem like ABC logic to some, but I don't see how these guys could beat Gladiator, he just seems to be on another level than these guys.

There is context to that. IIRC Ravenous did not have the Cosmic Currs that Annihilus endowned him with when the strontian crushed him. Ravenous with 2 Currs took it to pre-upgrade SS and when Klrt and Ronan defeated him, he had 5 dogs with him initially (Klrt went throught them and Ronan dealt the deathblow to a weakened Ravenous).

Standard Nova centurions are fodder.

This duo should get more screentime.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
There is context to that. IIRC Ravenous did not have the Cosmic Currs that Annihilus endowned him with when the strontian crushed him. Ravenous with 2 Currs took it to pre-upgrade SS and when Klrt and Ronan defeated him, he had 5 dogs with him initially (Klrt went throught them and Ronan dealt the deathblow to a weakened Ravenous).

Standard Nova centurions are fodder.

This duo should get more screentime.

Then again Ronan was put in a body cast because a few tons of cement fell on him. I question his overall durability, and this is something that he would need if he went up against Gladiator.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Stoic
Then again Ronan was put in a body cast because a few tons of cement fell on him. I question his overall durability, and this is something that he would need if he went up against Gladiator.

They still have their force-fields

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

Nihilist
Then again Ronan was put in a body cast because a few tons of cement fell on him. I question his overall durability, and this is something that he would need if he went up against Gladiator. Why dont you just pick a low showing as proof, oh wait...

Using logic like yours...Ronan has a win over BlackBolt, Gladiator struggled and neede help against BB, so does tha mean The Duo take it then?

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
Why dont you just pick a low showing as proof, oh wait...

Using logic like yours...Ronan has a win over BlackBolt, Gladiator struggled and neede help against BB, so does tha mean The Duo take it then?

Does that also mean that Ronan used his universal weapon to take the brunt of BB's attack? Gladiator does not need to rely on energy based attacks to defeat Ronan, not when one well placed punch will suffice. Anything else? Besides against these two, Gladiator has the overall field advantage in any given setting, he's much faster, stronger, and more durable than either of them alone, and perhaps collectively.

khazra
Has Gladiator got any feats of fighting invisible characters? Fighting someone he cant see will definitely throw gladiator's confidence IMO.

Stoic
Originally posted by khazra
Has Gladiator got any feats of fighting invisible characters? Fighting someone he cant see will definitely throw gladiator's confidence IMO.

Gladiator has infra vision. Gladiator is so much faster than his opponents in this case, that he could scoop Ronan up, beat him into a KO'd state, drop him, and make it a one on one. Gladiator also has extremly good hearing, and he may not need to see his foe to lock onto him. What of Gladiator's ability to duplicate Superman level feats, like tornado force winds? He could literally spin at hypersonic speed, while emitting a high yield laser defense.

with CIS on he wont be resorting to laser tornadoes which these two can easily counter anyway.

He may be faster, but unless he blitzes them right off the bat, which isn't all that usual for him, they can raise their force-fields in time to put up a fight and I believe, win it.

khazra
As in infrared? Sue bends that type of light to be invisible too, so should SS.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
with CIS on he wont be resorting to laser tornadoes which these two can easily counter anyway.

He may be faster, but unless he blitzes them right off the bat, which isn't all that usual for him, they can raise their force-fields in time to put up a fight and I believe, win it.

With CIS on Super Skrull's track record is about as solid as the Rhino's. CIS would also mean that Gladiator would fly in as fast as he could and take the slowest out first, this is what he did to Wonder Man in Operation Galactic Storm. Gladiator unlike Superman does blitzkrieg his opponents on a regular basis.

As in infrared? Sue bends that type of light to be invisible too, so should SS.

Well unless they fought in space he could also hear Super Skrull no?

khazra
Has he fought someone just using his other senses than?

With CIS on Super Skrull's track record is about as solid as the Rhino's. CIS would also mean that Gladiator would fly in as fast as he could and take the slowest out first, this is what he did to Wonder Man in Operation Galactic Storm. Gladiator unlike Superman does blitzkrieg his opponents on a regular basis.
His track record has become much better since Annihilation. Glads blitzes, but it's not frequent enough to assume he'd do it off the bat in a fight.

Stoic
Has he fought someone just using his other senses than?

His appearances as you and I know are so few and far between that he is rarely written to use his entire gauntlet of powers. This however does not mean that he can not use them. Would you say that his hearing is any less if the writers did not write him using his ears to detect an opponent? We would just assume that his hearing worked as a normal humans does, am I right?

khazra
Yeah, SS of the last 5 years fights alot better and has maybe been upgraded powers wise too. The efefctive superskrull is efefctively the current version.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
His track record has become much better since Annihilation. Glads blitzes, but it's not frequent enough to assume he'd do it off the bat in a fight.

Joe Fixit who was taken down by Ms. Marvel recently, overcame the Super Skrull. This is not to give Gladiator an auto win, but the Fantastic Four who have easily in the past defeated Klrt were mauled by Kallark. The Super Skrull is no Reed Richards, which is the only reason that Gladiator was defeated by the FF in the first place. I feel that Gladiator has everything on this duo, especially tactics, which is why I favor him over them.

iceman24567
Ms. Marvel has been getting a push

Stoic
Yeah, SS of the last 5 years fights alot better and has maybe been upgraded powers wise too. The efefctive superskrull is efefctively the current version.

So even though he has become more effective in battle, what makes you believe that he would be able to defeat Kallark? I mean effective is one thing, but Gladiator isn't just your run of the mill Super Guy, he's more powerful than Klrt in nearly every way.

Joe Fixit who was taken down by Ms. Marvel recently, overcame the Super Skrull. This is not to give Gladiator an auto win, but the Fantastic Four who have easily in the past defeated Klrt were mauled by Kallark. The Super Skrull is no Reed Richards, which is the only reason that Gladiator was defeated by the FF in the first place. I feel that Gladiator has everything on this duo, especially tactics, which is why I favor him over them. Contrary to popular opinion, Fixit was no pushover and Klrt was a FF recurring villain, so of course they beat him all the time. They pawn doom every other week too, but that doesn't lower his tier. Anyways, Klrt has much better showings against the FF and others and has improved a lot since Annihilation. He is not fighting alone here either.

So even though he has become more effective in battle, what makes you believe that he would be able to defeat Kallark? I mean effective is one thing, but Gladiator isn't just your run of the mill Super Guy, he's more powerful than Klrt in nearly every way. SS cant take Kallark down by himself for a majority, but he has Ronan here too.

Stoic
Originally posted by 753
SS cant take Kallark down by himself for a majority, but he has Ronan here too.

Ronan is well known to the Praetor, and he has questionable durability. Gladiator does not always blitz, but if he were fighting a two on one battle do you believe that he would not employ this tactic, on a slower team?

WhiteWitchKing
Ronan is well known to the Praetor, and he has questionable durability. Gladiator does not always blitz, but if he were fighting a two on one battle do you believe that he would not employ this tactic, on a slower team?

And both of these guys know Gladiator. You don't think the first thing they'll do is to put up defenses against him? Both Ronan and Super Skrull put up force fields. While Gladiator's tactic is to blitz these two, there's would be to bring down Kallark's confidence and taking him out through that. So Kallark is fast but he's going to have to get through two guys, each with force fields, to take them out. Good luck to him because Super Skrull can crush Gladiator's brain without having to leave his own force field. He's got Ronan coming at him as well so how good's his concentration when he's got a force bubble inside his head? The guy can take Ronan's shots and keep going but how well does he fare then when Super Skrull decides to come rocketing at him with shields up as a battling ram? Team would take this. Gladiator's great but he isn't multitasking against this two to win anything.

Stoic
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
And both of these guys know Gladiator. You don't think the first thing they'll do is to put up defenses against him? Both Ronan and Super Skrull put up force fields. While Gladiator's tactic is to blitz these two, there's would be to bring down Kallark's confidence and taking him out through that. So Kallark is fast but he's going to have to get through two guys, each with force fields, to take them out. Good luck to him because Super Skrull can crush Gladiator's brain without having to leave his own force field. He's got Ronan coming at him as well so how good's his concentration when he's got a force bubble inside his head? The guy can take Ronan's shots and keep going but how well does he fare then when Super Skrull decides to come rocketing at him with shields up as a battling ram? Team would take this. Gladiator's great but he isn't multitasking against this two to win anything.

In order for Klrt to place anything anywhere, he would need to know where Gladiator was, and as soon as the battle began far before Ronan reacted, Gladiator would have him miles away KO'd from multiple hits to the face, and be back seconds later to do the same to an unaware Klrt. Multitasking is exactly what he would be doing against these two.

WhiteWitchKing
In order for Klrt to place anything anywhere, he would need to know where Gladiator was, and as soon as the battle began far before Ronan reacted, Gladiator would have him miles away KO'd from multiple hits to the face, and be back seconds later to do the same to an unaware Klrt. Multitasking is exactly what he would be doing against these two.

Because that's exactly what he did against Nova, Thor, Wonder Man, Black Bolt, Black Cloak, or Dark Hawk right? Drag them a miles away or beat them way before they could react? As soon as the fight begins, shields are up. If Gladiator was fighting at ridiculously stupid levels than he could take them out. He doesn't fight like that at all. In fact, that's he'd take them both on; it's his style. Dragging one opponent away and beating them then finishing off the other in one on one combat is just not him. And that's his down fall here. Their combined effort will overwhelm him and give them the opponent they need to beat him.

D_Dude1210
I do agree with Stoic. Gladiator has been shown to blitz many an opponent and apply his full strength and not hesitate against weaker foes.

It'll be a fight. But I can see Gladiator winning this.

Gladiator 6/10.

Stoic
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I do agree with Stoic. Gladiator has been shown to blitz many an opponent and apply his full strength and not hesitate against weaker foes.

It'll be a fight. But I can see Gladiator winning this.

Gladiator 6/10.

Exactly, he's Superman with Black Adams personality.

Philosophía
Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.