Pick your Power! Race edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
You and 4 friends of equal skills/knowledge/abilities are dropped in the middle of a HUGE jungle (about the size of Texas of pure jungle) and given NO Survival gear or any kind of rations/water. You are then required to find your way out of the jungle by any means necessary. The first one out gets to live and the last 3 die horrible, painful deaths.

To assist you in this race, you will be given the specific powers that you're allowed to use in whatever way you wish to get out. You are made to select one out of 4 different powers and the powers you don't select are given to your 3 other friends.

As luck would have it, you get to choose first.

Choices:

Spider-Powers (web, spider strength/endurance, spider sense, spider agility, slight healing factor).

Wolverine Powers (adamantium claws, feral senses, healing factor, increased stats).

Toad Powers (leaping, toad tongue, toad food menu, toad strength/agility/endurance)

Colossus Powers (Metal Body, Super Strength)

You keep your existing skills/abilities/knowledge and you are simply given the time you have in the jungle to familiarize yourself with your power.

Black bolt z
Definitly not toad.

I'd go with Logan. If any of the other people tried to attack me I could take them down and i'd be good at hunting.

Uriel005
if its a race spidey. he can cover crazy long distance on jumps and can web up toad and logan. colossus to slow in a straight race.

Gecko4lif
Collossus.

Im invincible and self sustaining. I give the jungle the finger.

King Castle
i guess colossus..

i he could just toss me out of the jungle and being organic metal i be fine we get out 1st..

logically if he possessed the 100 ton strength we should be able to leap vast distances as well..

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by King Castle
i guess colossus..

i he could just toss me out of the jungle and being organic metal i be fine we get out 1st..

logically if he possessed the 100 ton strength we should be able to leap vast distances as well..

You don't have him with you. You get his powers but not his skills/knowledge.

D_Dude1210
You're allowed to hinder/stop your fellow racers to win. Spidey can slow em down thru webbing, harrassing them when they're hunting, etc.

Jungle has giant redwoods all over the place and a 200 foot high canopy.

illadelph12
Yeah, Colossus. Just pick a direction and run in it. Nothing's going to be able to harm you.

D_Dude1210
Don't forget that you can get lost just as easily in a jungle. This is a VAST jungle. Getting lost is easily a problem here. Plus your fellow racers can try and hinder/slow you down.

Silent Master
Colossus.

I'd simply jump out.

illadelph12
Well, there best bet would be to follow the Colossus person's lead. A near invulnerable CL100 with near limitless stamina when not exerting himself in combat with a superior being versus a jungle? I mean, come on. You could just pull a Juggernaut and bulldoze your way out. Falling off cliffs and what not would have no effect. The main issue would be the character with Spiderman's powers webbing you up to be a dick (no homo).

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by illadelph12
Well, there best bet would be to follow the Colossus person's lead. A near invulnerable CL100 with near limitless stamina when not exerting himself in combat with a superior being versus a jungle? I mean, come on. You could just pull a Juggernaut and bulldoze your way out. Falling off cliffs and what not would have no effect. The main issue would be the character with Spiderman's powers webbing you up to be a dick (no homo).

Except that without some sort of directional sense or compass, u stand a good chance of making a wrong turn (believe it or not, walking straight usually ends up in you walking in circles due to leg preference, etc.) and ending up getting lost. smile

Not saying it'll happen. But it's a possibility.

Jumping out is a risk, too. Landing is always chaotic and you might end up losing your heading with each landing.

Also, if I chose Spider powers, I'd actually try and hinder him by webbing him in the eye at long range every chance i get.

Black bolt z
I'd still pick logan. I can just cut everyone else up.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I'd still pick logan. I can just cut everyone else up. PLus his HF can keep him going for a very very long time.

D_Dude1210
I'd still pick logan. I can just cut everyone else up.

I'd pick Spider-Powers and just go hiiigh up in the trees and web ppl to slow em down. wink

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Parmaniac
PLus his HF can keep him going for a very very long time. Exactly. Good at hunting when he needs to eat etc...think about survival skills people. This is a jungle thats like 1000 miles big. Your not getting out in 1 day.

twizzlers713
wolverine. best hunter, you get food. the end

KingD19
The thing about Colossus though is that despite no healing factor, his stamina is basically unlimited, and he doesn't need food, sleep, or water. And while you might usually walk in circles, this is circumvented by the literal path of destruction someone like him would leave in his wake. You leave a path of fallen trees behind you, it's pretty easy to realize you're still going in a straight line. A guy running 8-12mph at a dead run, nonstop for days on end will get out first. He'll even leave a nifty trail for the others to follow.

I'm choosing the tin man.

marwash22
Spidey.

that was easy.

/thread.

KingD19
Originally posted by marwash22
Spidey.

that was easy.

/thread.

So when Spidey exhausts his webs after swinging for so long, and has to eat, and find water, and sleep, and rest.

While Colossus and Wolverine are still going.....is it still easy?

Besides his powers, Spidey's a normal guy, and still needs food, water, and sleep on a normal basis.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
So when Spidey exhausts his webs after swinging for so long, and has to eat, and find water, and sleep, and rest.
Besides his powers, Spidey's a normal guy, and still needs food, water, and sleep on a normal basis.

Texas is only 900 K wide. Spidey can do that within 24 hours easy. Especially if it's all jungle.
He webzips the whole thing with bouts of Webswings. through ravines.
There is no way the others will catch up in time and Spidey's lead will just grow so the others will slow each other down not him.

marwash22

Besides his powers, Spidey's a normal guy, and still needs food, water, and sleep on a normal basis. it's me with Spidey's powers...

Webbing + 50ft leaps.
I have eaten bugs and leaves and would be willing to do so again in this scenario.
The little rest i require is irrelevant considering how big a lead I'll have from the start.

rotiart
man.. you can easily tell ddude has a bias for wanting spidey to win..

colossus drops something incredibly heavy on all three.. they are pinned.
piotr walks out slowly and doesn't mind knowing that wolverine will probably eat the other two...

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by rotiart
man.. you can easily tell ddude has a bias for wanting spidey to win..

colossus drops something incredibly heavy on all three.. they are pinned.
piotr walks out slowly and doesn't mind knowing that wolverine will probably eat the other two...

We all have biases. :P It's more of my idea on how I would play it out. I DO think Spidey has the tools to get across better, IMO as he can cover more ground while high up in the trees and get a better orientation of the area.

Colossus leaping around would mess with his orientation and would get him lost more often that not. Plus his lumbering would prolly clue the others to his location to allow them (mostly Spiderman) to slow im down when needed.

StyleTime
I'd have to go with Spiderman's powers. I have an alarm if my opponents attempt to slow me down, and I have the easiest time slowing my opponents down if I want; however, I'd probably just ignore them and leap/swing my way out. I think I could get a sizable enough lead to eat and rest up periodically.

Silent Master
All the person with Colossus' powers would have to do in order to avoid getting lost is jump towards the sun in the morning and away from it in the afternoon.

rotiart
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
We all have biases. :P It's more of my idea on how I would play it out. I DO think Spidey has the tools to get across better, IMO as he can cover more ground while high up in the trees and get a better orientation of the area.

Colossus leaping around would mess with his orientation and would get him lost more often that not. Plus his lumbering would prolly clue the others to his location to allow them (mostly Spiderman) to slow im down when needed.

You keep assuming that hes going to get lost... And keep trying to say the same one liner that he would get lost... Did spiderman really do so well at getting lost when he was in the savage land... Compare that to piotr or wolverine..

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Silent Master
All the person with Colossus' powers would have to do in order to avoid getting lost is jump towards the sun in the morning and away from it in the afternoon.

Hard to tell time in the jungle. smile

rotiart

hard to swing with no clearings and nothing but branches and vines.. and random snakes dropping from the canopy in your way...

KingD19
Let's also remember that Spidey no longer has an unlimited supply of organic webbing. When he runs out he's gonna have to rely on jumps, and he and Toad will tire long before Wolverine, and Wolverine will tire before Colossus.

marwash22
You guys are overplaying the endurance (and the webbing) factor. Spidey can slingshot himself a mile or so at a time and that takes very little energy to do.

Seriously, Spidey murders this challenge.

Sirius77
Wolverine powers. I have a feeling that the tracking abilities as well as the healing factor will obviously come in handy in such a situation. At the very least no one on the team can kill me.

D_Dude1210
You keep assuming that hes going to get lost... And keep trying to say the same one liner that he would get lost... Did spiderman really do so well at getting lost when he was in the savage land... Compare that to piotr or wolverine..

Whoa! No need to get snippy. O_o

Chill brotha. This topic was made as more of an opinion poll of the best means to get across. It's to debate, share ideas and information as well as to trade opinions on what the best means of getting out of the jungle is and what ppl believe is the best way.

Like I said, snakes wont be a problem and being able to leap and stick to the top of the the canopy will do TONS on being able to keep your orientation. Don't care how strong Colossus is, he's not gonna be able to wade thru thick redwoods like they're just air. They're gonna slow him down as well as give out his position. Also, chaotic means of movement will always be a problematic venture. I did a lot of hunting in the jungle back when I was as a kid and keeping your heading is always a problem, even when you're slicing thru the vegetation (w/c DOES help in keeping track on where you've been but not so much in distinquinshing the direction you're going).

Even when Colossus topples trees, he won't be able to see above the canopy (w/c is many stories high) unless he starts knocking down trees (w/c takes time) and even then, unless you have an eidetic memory, you won't always be able to remember w/c tree went where and w/c direction u were facing as it happened.

Remember you don't have an easy sense of time here, the canopy covers most of the sky and w/o knowing w/c way is north/south you mind end up walking in circles.

My opinion can change on whether or not Spider powers are the best here. Just need to read enough opinions to change my mind. big grin

D_Dude1210

This isn't Spidey. It's you/me with Spidey's powers.

hard to swing with no clearings and nothing but branches and vines.. and random snakes dropping from the canopy in your way...

Spider powers can just allow you to leap/stick to the top canopies. It certainly provides the agility and abilities needed for it.

-Pr-
The thing about Colossus though is that despite no healing factor, his stamina is basically unlimited, and he doesn't need food, sleep, or water. And while you might usually walk in circles, this is circumvented by the literal path of destruction someone like him would leave in his wake. You leave a path of fallen trees behind you, it's pretty easy to realize you're still going in a straight line. A guy running 8-12mph at a dead run, nonstop for days on end will get out first. He'll even leave a nifty trail for the others to follow.

thumb up

but yeah, colossus.

rotiart
My skills.. Knowledge but thimeir innate powers... Again the easy answer is colossus... You would be slingotting yourself into trees and branches and you cant sre where and what u would hit... Yes you coild climb to thw top of a tree and look for landmarks but so could anyone else!

And since its my skills i dont get wolverines years of tracking experinnce...

@ddude And despite your claims to the contrary im doubting most people in here have obviously your comic book level of awareness. Lol.

And you assume that while you as spiderman would find your way out... People picking colossus would walk in circles...

Of course depending on the area youncould simpky follow the moss on the trees...

Or as wolverine use your senses to sniff for a constant smell and head that way...

Of course slingshotting yourself upward from ground floor up into the trees canopy where branches await is the smartest idea... And doing it from the tops where the branches are thinnest and would have no hold on u isnt a great idea either...

rotiart
Oh and the argument then is that you would get lost with other peoples powers but not with spidermans because it magically gives a betrer sense of direction?...

D_Dude1210
My skills.. Knowledge but thimeir innate powers... Again the easy answer is colossus... You would be slingotting yourself into trees and branches and you cant sre where and what u would hit... Yes you coild climb to thw top of a tree and look for landmarks but so could anyone else!

And since its my skills i dont get wolverines years of tracking experinnce...

@ddude And despite your claims to the contrary im doubting most people in here have obviously your comic book level of awareness. Lol.

Whoa! What's with the attitude? Your tampon chaffing you or something?

And you assume that while you as spiderman would find your way out... People picking colossus would walk in circles...

Of course depending on the area youncould simpky follow the moss on the trees...

Or as wolverine use your senses to sniff for a constant smell and head that way...

Of course slingshotting yourself upward from ground floor up into the trees canopy where branches await is the smartest idea... And doing it from the tops where the branches are thinnest and would have no hold on u isnt a great idea either...

Wow, nice strawman, I didn't say that at all. I was just saying that one would give you a higher chance of getting lost than the other.

Oh and the argument then is that you would get lost with other peoples powers but not with spidermans because it magically gives a betrer sense of direction?...

Sigh. Being constantly above the canopy allows you to survey the area a lot more easily and allows you to consistently figure out your heading and orientation. I'm not saying it gives you a "magic sense of direction", I'm just saying that among the choices, it gives you the most time above the canopy.

Granted Wolverine can do the same, being as that he's almost as agile, he doesn't have Spiderman's ability to leap and cling to trees (w/c would make it easier to move around in that fashion) and Wolvie would lose if it came down to a race of jumping from tree to tree.

Colossus leaping from tree to tree would be clumsy (or at the very least not as nearly as nimble as spiderman) and him making huge leaps above the canopy (does he have any feats/showings of him leaping long distances?) would be just as clumsy/awkward.

D_Dude1210

Hehe. What if I just follow Colossus and then web him in the face/trip him then web him just as he is about to reach the end? big grin

Sr J-Bieb
I pick Spidey and simply jump up really high whenever I don't know where I'm going, which won't happen, because I'm a man, and men don't admit to getting lost, ever.

Or I pick Colossus, and throw a tree really hard and grab onto it so it carries me to safety.

Tha C-Master
What does skin color have to do with this? So racist.

Silent Master

Not really, apparently you were never in the Boy Scouts. Sundails are easy to make.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Silent Master
Not really, apparently you were never in the Boy Scouts. Sundails are easy to make.

Lol.

marwash22
Am i missing something? wtf does telling time have to do with this? bermm

Silent Master
Between the sun's position and knowing which side of trees that moss grows on; I wouldn't have to worry about getting lost.

Therefore Colossus' powers make the most sense

Colossus is the simplest solution. But I think I'd actually go with Logan, find a river, jump in it and let it carry me out of the jungle into the sea. colossus would be too heavy for this and the others lack the damage soak and HF to just go with the flow, no matter what it turns out like.

I feel bad for toad as no one chose him.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
What does skin color have to do with this? So racist.
laughing out loud

marwash22
Originally posted by StyleTime
laughing out loud don't encourage him.

StyleTime
sad

rotiart
@ddude:
You are the one constantly deriding abyones choices thats NOT spiderman. I responded to your various claims that you had so much experience as a child that spideys powers was the oh so obvious choice... And then reapond by saying youll just web up the others... As if they couldnt fight back...

Making claims that choosing one of the other choices would cause you to get lost...

That its your skill set with their powers but for whatever reason you make these odd commets that i you walk in a forest you are bound to walk in a circle based upon no clear facts whatsoever...

... Basically i called bs on almost all your comments and you respond by attacking me with female hygeiene product comments. Nice.

And btw if you ever have spent time in a forest... Much less a jungle.. Youd know the basics of survival. :-/

And in one comment youll say youll stick to the canopyy for the visibilty but in the other youll follow colossus around... Which ome is it... Lol...

rotiart
@ddude... Seriously have you ever gone camping or hiking before....
I live in the central valley of california... Im less than hour twos my whole life from sequoia, yosemite... Sierra national forest...

Ever hiked the halfdome? Its beautiful, scary the first time... And not everyone makes it to the end their first time up.

:-/

D_Dude1210
@ddude:
You are the one constantly deriding abyones choices thats NOT spiderman. I responded to your various claims that you had so much experience as a child that spideys powers was the oh so obvious choice... And then reapond by saying youll just web up the others... As if they couldnt fight back...

Making claims that choosing one of the other choices would cause you to get lost...

If this is the case then I apologize. Please point out where I "derided" ppl's choices, so I can take it back. I'm sure my language must have just come out differently (I'm not american).

This is a debate/discussion forum, dude. We exchange ideas, thoughts and knowledge and disagree on items and express our opinions on things. I simply expressed my disagreement on the opinions of others as well as presented information to support it. Didn't think doing that was actually a bad thing.

It WOULD be nice if some ppl did this in a friendly manner instead of an aggressive manner, tho.

I'm really trying to be as civil as I can here, not sure why you suddenly zeroed in on me and decided to come up with this confrontational attitude.

That its your skill set with their powers but for whatever reason you make these odd commets that i you walk in a forest you are bound to walk in a circle based upon no clear facts whatsoever...

I'm sorry. My time in the jungle mustn't have taught me anything...

I'm sure in the jungles you go to, the threat of getting lost must not be a reality.

... Basically i called bs on almost all your comments and you respond by attacking me with female hygeiene product comments. Nice.

I apologize for that. But you seem to be HIGHLY aggressive and highly confrontational for some reason. This thread was made for fun, not for fighting. Any chance you can drop this attitude?

And btw if you ever have spent time in a forest... Much less a jungle.. Youd know the basics of survival. :-/

You'd be surprised.

And in one comment youll say youll stick to the canopyy for the visibilty but in the other youll follow colossus around... Which ome is it... Lol...

I thought this was the point of debating forums. Ppl offer you ideas and you evolve your own ideas once new information is available? In a race situation you're more than allowed to evolve your game plan when ppl start implementing theirs.

D_Dude1210
@ddude... Seriously have you ever gone camping or hiking before....
I live in the central valley of california... Im less than hour twos my whole life from sequoia, yosemite... Sierra national forest...

Ever hiked the halfdome? Its beautiful, scary the first time... And not everyone makes it to the end their first time up.

:-/

Dad used to own a logging concession in the Philippines and Papua, New Guinea. Took me hunting there as a child. It was harsh, hot, humid, an assortment of biting and crawling bugs were everywhere and the constant threat of snakes lingered with every step and where we had to always keep an eye out for guerrillas (in the Phils).... Always hated it (w/c prolly contributes to why I'm such a comic buff, I'm not a big fan of the outdoors).

But yeah, did a lot of camping from when I was 7 til I hit 15. Wish I could appreciate it the way you do, but I don't. I hear Yosemite is pretty, tho, so I'm sure that helps. We used to go hiking where the jungle was really dense and dangerous but I wouldn't really say that there was a threat of getting lost (we had guides following us around at all times) but I was always taught that keeping your orientation (w/c is done by finding the high ground) is critical in case I get lost hunting alone (he seems to have believed that I'd still be hunting til I was older). I don't really know what jungles you've been to, but where I've been the threat of getting lost was always a reality if it weren't for the gear and guides.

S'why I keep stressing my point about orientation. You get no gear in all this. No compass. No trails. No map. No guides. It's also a race. Anything that would make you stop and re-orient yourself (like checking where moss grows, w/c, admittedly, I was really never taught to do) wastes time. Being able to zip around above the canopy allows you easy orientation and very little chance of getting lost with minimal time needed for reorientation.

rotiart
You don't have him with you. You get his powers but not his skills/knowledge. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
You're allowed to hinder/stop your fellow racers to win. Spidey can slow em down thru webbing, harrassing them when they're hunting, etc.

Jungle has giant redwoods all over the place and a 200 foot high canopy. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Don't forget that you can get lost just as easily in a jungle. This is a VAST jungle. Getting lost is easily a problem here. Plus your fellow racers can try and hinder/slow you down. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Except that without some sort of directional sense or compass, u stand a good chance of making a wrong turn (believe it or not, walking straight usually ends up in you walking in circles due to leg preference, etc.) and ending up getting lost. smile

Not saying it'll happen. But it's a possibility.

Jumping out is a risk, too. Landing is always chaotic and you might end up losing your heading with each landing.

Also, if I chose Spider powers, I'd actually try and hinder him by webbing him in the eye at long range every chance i get. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I'd pick Spider-Powers and just go hiiigh up in the trees and web ppl to slow em down. wink Originally posted by D_Dude1210

Colossus leaping around would mess with his orientation and would get him lost more often that not. Plus his lumbering would prolly clue the others to his location to allow them (mostly Spiderman) to slow im down when needed. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Hard to tell time in the jungle. smile Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Whoa! No need to get snippy. O_o

Chill brotha. This topic was made as more of an opinion poll of the best means to get across. It's to debate, share ideas and information as well as to trade opinions on what the best means of getting out of the jungle is and what ppl believe is the best way.

Like I said, snakes wont be a problem and being able to leap and stick to the top of the the canopy will do TONS on being able to keep your orientation. Don't care how strong Colossus is, he's not gonna be able to wade thru thick redwoods like they're just air. They're gonna slow him down as well as give out his position. Also, chaotic means of movement will always be a problematic venture. I did a lot of hunting in the jungle back when I was as a kid and keeping your heading is always a problem, even when you're slicing thru the vegetation (w/c DOES help in keeping track on where you've been but not so much in distinquinshing the direction you're going).

Even when Colossus topples trees, he won't be able to see above the canopy (w/c is many stories high) unless he starts knocking down trees (w/c takes time) and even then, unless you have an eidetic memory, you won't always be able to remember w/c tree went where and w/c direction u were facing as it happened.

Remember you don't have an easy sense of time here, the canopy covers most of the sky and w/o knowing w/c way is north/south you mind end up walking in circles.

My opinion can change on whether or not Spider powers are the best here. Just need to read enough opinions to change my mind. big grin Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Whoa! What's with the attitude? Your tampon chaffing you or something?

Wow, nice strawman, I didn't say that at all. I was just saying that one would give you a higher chance of getting lost than the other.

Sigh. Being constantly above the canopy allows you to survey the area a lot more easily and allows you to consistently figure out your heading and orientation. I'm not saying it gives you a "magic sense of direction", I'm just saying that among the choices, it gives you the most time above the canopy.

Granted Wolverine can do the same, being as that he's almost as agile, he doesn't have Spiderman's ability to leap and cling to trees (w/c would make it easier to move around in that fashion) and Wolvie would lose if it came down to a race of jumping from tree to tree.

Colossus leaping from tree to tree would be clumsy (or at the very least not as nearly as nimble as spiderman) and him making huge leaps above the canopy (does he have any feats/showings of him leaping long distances?) would be just as clumsy/awkward. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
If this is the case then I apologize. Please point out where I "derided" ppl's choices, so I can take it back. I'm sure my language must have just come out differently (I'm not american).

This is a debate/discussion forum, dude. We exchange ideas, thoughts and knowledge and disagree on items and express our opinions on things. I simply expressed my disagreement on the opinions of others as well as presented information to support it. Didn't think doing that was actually a bad thing.

It WOULD be nice if some ppl did this in a friendly manner instead of an aggressive manner, tho.

I'm really trying to be as civil as I can here, not sure why you suddenly zeroed in on me and decided to come up with this confrontational attitude.

I'm sorry. My time in the jungle mustn't have taught me anything...

I'm sure in the jungles you go to, the threat of getting lost must not be a reality.

I apologize for that. But you seem to be HIGHLY aggressive and highly confrontational for some reason. This thread was made for fun, not for fighting. Any chance you can drop this attitude?

You'd be surprised.

I thought this was the point of debating forums. Ppl offer you ideas and you evolve your own ideas once new information is available? In a race situation you're more than allowed to evolve your game plan when ppl start implementing theirs. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Dad used to own a logging concession in the Philippines and Papua, New Guinea. Took me hunting there as a child. It was harsh, hot, humid, an assortment of biting and crawling bugs were everywhere and the constant threat of snakes lingered with every step and where we had to always keep an eye out for guerrillas (in the Phils).... Always hated it (w/c prolly contributes to why I'm such a comic buff, I'm not a big fan of the outdoors).

But yeah, did a lot of camping from when I was 7 til I hit 15. Wish I could appreciate it the way you do, but I don't. I hear Yosemite is pretty, tho, so I'm sure that helps. We used to go hiking where the jungle was really dense and dangerous but I wouldn't really say that there was a threat of getting lost (we had guides following us around at all times) but I was always taught that keeping your orientation (w/c is done by finding the high ground) is critical in case I get lost hunting alone (he seems to have believed that I'd still be hunting til I was older). I don't really know what jungles you've been to, but where I've been the threat of getting lost was always a reality if it weren't for the gear and guides.

S'why I keep stressing my point about orientation. You get no gear in all this. No compass. No trails. No map. No guides. It's also a race. Anything that would make you stop and re-orient yourself (like checking where moss grows, w/c, admittedly, I was really never taught to do) wastes time. Being able to zip around above the canopy allows you easy orientation and very little chance of getting lost with minimal time needed for reorientation.

Why don't you bitches stop wallposting and discuss my jump in the river and get carried out of the forest strategy?

King Castle
Spidey could just as easily hop from tree top to tree top and get out just as fast before logan found the river or he could web him out the river and toss him a mile away..

rotiart
vast jungle... how vast...
btw mentioning redwoods.. as you have... you do know that california... is known for its redwoods... right?

and do you know the overall size of our forest area compared to the entire area of the a single island in the phillipines right?

anyways.
google national forests.. or redwoods.. and the word california... and see what that shows you... :/

rotiart
Originally posted by 753
Why don't you bitches stop wallposting and discuss my jump in the river and get carried out of the forest strategy?

wouldn't wolverines weight cause him to sink? or is he really strong enough to swim carrying all that metal?

King Castle
btw mentioning redwoods.. as you have... you do know that california... is known for its redwoods... right?

and do you know the overall size of our forest area compared to the entire area of the a single island in the phillipines right?

anyways.
google national forests.. or redwoods.. and the word california... and see what that shows you... :/ you seriously need to stop derailing the thread you been asked already.. it isnt funny anymore and its become annoying.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by 753

Sigh. Gonna just ignore rotiart now. It seems he just want to troll/harass me for some reason. It seems, for him, any kind of differing opinion is some form of derision. Can't really change that, I guess.

Anyway, the water thing might work (it'll def get you out), but might not be as fast as simply leaping from tree-to-tree from the top of the canopy.

Ban Mido
I would pick Wolverine big grin...then though soon after I'd probably double over in pain cause of the adamantium and be all "OHHH GOD THE PAAAAIN" and then curl up in a ball..I'd suck as wolverine no expression...

D_Dude1210

anyways.
google national forests.. or redwoods.. and the word california... and see what that shows you... :/

Sigh. The logging concession we had in Papua was around 17,000 (or was it 170,000? I can't really remember anymore it was decades ago) hectares and we had to trek thru it a lot. Admittedly, nowhere nearly as vast as the larger forsested areas in the US, but vast in the context of having to hike thru it with the absence of hiking trails.

Admittedly, I've only been to the American forested areas a few times (Oregon). Prolly, mistakenly, I used redwoods more as a reference to how tall the trees are in this thread but not at the nature of the jungle. The jungles I'm used to are harsher, hotter and (from what I'm getting from your comments) seems to be a lot more dense than where Redwoods would normally grow in.

I don't see how this has any relevance to this discussion and why you seem to have a hard-on for harassing me on this thread... :-/

rotiart
Sigh. The logging concession we had in Papua was around 17,000 (or was it 170,000? I can't really remember anymore it was decades ago) hectares and we had to trek thru it a lot. Admittedlyl nowhere as vast as the larger forsested areas in the US, but vast in the context of having to hike thru it with the absence of hiking trails.

Admittedly, I've only been to the American forested areas a few times (Oregon). Prolly, mistakenly, I used redwoods more as a reference to how tall the trees are in this thread but not at the nature of the jungle. The jungles I'm used to are harsher, hotter and (from what I'm getting from your comments) seems to be a lot more dense than where Redwoods would normally grow in.

I don't see how this has any relevance to this discussion and why you seem to have a hard-on for harassing me on this thread... :-/

because i've been to vietnam and the phillipines too..
and the differences between the redwoods of california and the jungles of those tropical climates causes a big difference?

there is greater distance in the redwoods from tree to tree.. and a lot more visibility...
whereas in tropical climates it is harder visibility... and a lot harder to find your way...

if you used a redwood forest.. it wouldn't really be difficult at all to find your way out.. its got a lot of rocky areas.. but with the tree spacings it isn't really as difficult as you imagine..

, i'm not philipino but my friends are... though only a few of them speak tagolog... so that made our experience there interesting...

Sin I AM
toad is the most logical pick

D_Dude1210
because i've been to vietnam and the phillipines too..
and the differences between the redwoods of california and the jungles of those tropical climates causes a big difference?

there is greater distance in the redwoods from tree to tree.. and a lot more visibility...
whereas in tropical climates it is harder visibility... and a lot harder to find your way...

S'why I used the term "jungle" and not "forest". I assumed, (in my idea of how things), that it would be enough to indicate dense vegetation (w/c I then based on my experiences) and low visibility.

if you used a redwood forest.. it wouldn't really be difficult at all to find your way out.. its got a lot of rocky areas.. but with the tree spacings it isn't really as difficult as you imagine..

, i'm not philipino but my friends are... though only a few of them speak tagolog... so that made our experience there interesting...

The Filipinos are a good ppl, most are very friendly. I'm part Filipino myself. But I don't really live there anymore. Just not all that keen on the guerillas, tbh. We had to keep bribing them to avoid getting harassed.

marwash22
Originally posted by Sin I AM
toad is the most logical pick how so?

he can jump great distances and food wouldn't be an issue, but he's dead if any of the other competitors decided to attack him and he most certainly couldn't clear the jungle faster than Spidey.

rotiart
S'why I used the term "jungle" and not "forest". I assumed, (in my idea of how things), that it would be enough to indicate dense vegetation (w/c I then based on my experiences) and low visibility.

The Filipinos are a good ppl, most are very friendly. I'm part Filipino myself. But I don't really live there anymore. Just not all that keen on the guerillas, tbh. We had to keep bribing them to avoid getting harassed.

i'm vietnamese and chinese myself.. btw.. balut.. is delicious. :-P yeah.. throwing out the term redwoods makes me think of all the places i visited.. and why i would imagine it would be fairly difficult to get lost..

course the "true jungles" i remember werne't really that big.. although i've never been i would imagine landing in south america in the amazon.. that would be incredibly hard to manuever through... heck just the river has waterlife not found anywhere else in the world (god bless planet eathe video series)

Lord_Talron
id choose wolverine because id kno that even if i didnt get out first, they couldnt kill me smile

King Castle
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
id choose wolverine because id kno that even if i didnt get out first, they couldnt kill me smile what if they grabbed a branch shoved it up your eye socket scramble your brains and pulled it out?

marwash22
@ Rotiart, wth are you on about?

id choose wolverine because id kno that even if i didnt get out first, they couldnt kill me smile Magneto is the executioner for those who don't win. wink.

Sin I AM
how so?

he can jump great distances and food wouldn't be an issue, but he's dead if any of the other competitors decided to attack him and he most certainly couldn't clear the jungle faster than Spidey.

logically hes most suited for this type of environment......he really doesnt even have to fight

marwash22
logically hes most suited for this type of environment......he really doesnt even have to fight true. though, you're forgetting that this is life or death... Toad can't outrun Spidey so he'll either have to fight (i don't see him beating Spidey in a fight), or resign to being webbed-up in a tree, in which case he'll be killed for not finishing in first place.

Toad's the worst option, imo.

D_Dude1210
i'm vietnamese and chinese myself.. btw.. balut.. is delicious. :-P yeah.. throwing out the term redwoods makes me think of all the places i visited.. and why i would imagine it would be fairly difficult to get lost..

course the "true jungles" i remember werne't really that big.. although i've never been i would imagine landing in south america in the amazon.. that would be incredibly hard to manuever through... heck just the river has waterlife not found anywhere else in the world (god bless planet eathe video series)

Never a fan of why ppl keep trying to shove those things at you just because you're not Filipino... T_T I mean the soup that comes out is good, but seriously, the little duck chick is too freaky for me.

D_Dude1210
id choose wolverine because id kno that even if i didnt get out first, they couldnt kill me smile

If they decided to completely dip you in a very powerful acid in a sealed adamantium container (and cover the top), they would.

And even if it wouldn't kill you, not sure I'd WANT to be alive (and healing thru it). I don't think I have Logan's tolerance for pain. sad

Sin I AM
true. though, you're forgetting that this is life or death... Toad can't outrun Spidey so he'll either have to fight (i don't see him beating Spidey in a fight), or resign to being webbed-up in a tree, in which case he'll be killed for not finishing in first place.

Toad's the worst option, imo.

fast has nothing to do with it when toad can jump the longest distance

marwash22
fast has nothing to do with it when toad can jump the longest distance you sure about that? If Spidey's leaping ability isn't greater than Toad's, the difference certainly isn't very great between the two. There's also the slingshotting which Spidey can use to clear far greater distances than any of the other people can by jumping.

Tha C-Master
don't encourage him. I don't need to be encouraged to fight against racism!!!

wouldn't wolverines weight cause him to sink? or is he really strong enough to swim carrying all that metal? I've seen him swimming just fine. Besides, he's not really all that heavy.

Sigh. Gonna just ignore rotiart now. It seems he just want to troll/harass me for some reason. It seems, for him, any kind of differing opinion is some form of derision. Can't really change that, I guess.

Anyway, the water thing might work (it'll def get you out), but might not be as fast as simply leaping from tree-to-tree from the top of the canopy. He can swim too adding his speed to that of the water current. I'm assuming they begin in the exact middle of the jungle, rivers take turns, but I still think this would be faster than walking through it with colossus. Given how dense vegetation would be, I don't think spidey would shine here.

Toad needs a power up

Blair Wind
Spider-Powers (web, spider strength/endurance, spider sense, spider agility, slight healing factor).

Wolverine Powers (adamantium claws, feral senses, healing factor, increased stats).

Toad Powers (leaping, toad tongue, toad food menu, toad strength/agility/endurance)

You keep your existing skills/abilities/knowledge and you are simply given the time you have in the jungle to familiarize yourself with your power.

Spiderman = The speedster choice. The quickest method of travel via web slingshots

Wolverine = The hunter choice. He can smell his prey and might be able to kill the others - or more specifically the one who he thinks has the best chance of making it - and then just keep going along their path. Or kill them all and just walk out.

Colossus = The endurance choice. He can run forever, not eat, sleep, or deal with pain. Also the only one who won't die if Wolverine managed to stab him (whereas Spider-man might IF Wolverine actually DID stab him clean through)

Toad = The underdog choice. You just never know. If it was a group of people that knew the powers, the other three would be trying to stop each other constantly, while probably forgetting about Toad. He'd have the easiest time if it became less of a race and more of a fight since no one cares about him much.

Sin I AM
my sentiments exactly BW, it just seems more likely that this wil be about getting to the finish and just surviving...

Everyone seems to forget that this isnt the normal wolverine, spiderman etc...its an ordinary guy with their powers, who can say that ou would even know how to effectively take out the others...imo you'd be avoiding them as much as they'd be avoiding you, which to me means toad is the best choice, he can eat anything, and has the fastest mode of transport

marwash22
Everyone seems to forget that this isnt the normal wolverine, spiderman etc...its an ordinary guy with their powers, who can say that ou would even know how to effectively take out the others... Wrong! This is me and you... with the comic character's powers. Effectively, i have Spideman's powers and you have Toad's. We have exceedingly more knowledge about their abilities than even the actual character's do because we have access to their entire history. also, the OP states that we are all the same as it pertains to knowledge which means we are all competent in how to use our powers.

imo you'd be avoiding them as much as they'd be avoiding you, which to me means toad is the best choice, he can eat anything, and has the fastest mode of transport wrong again! How is a 30ft jump (which is also something Spidey can do) greater than Spidey slingshotting himself a mile or so at a time?

Lord_Talron
what if they grabbed a branch shoved it up your eye socket scramble your brains and pulled it out? we've been over this, it doesnt work...

rotiart
Slingshotting yourself up from the ground... through 200 feet of jungle? Do you have any idea how many branches and animals may be in your way? Much less the fact that in a true jungle you couldnt see the sky from the ground...

And you cant slingshot yourself from the top of the trees when there is nothing to secure yourself to?
Doesnr toad have an acid spit or something and like a mind control tongue.. I can see that being very bad news for spiderman

King Castle
we've been over this, it doesnt work... but the eye socket is two hole that lead directly into the brain?!

marwash22
but the eye socket is two hole that lead directly into the brain?! his brain is covered in metal, son. That's not working.Originally posted by rotiart
And you cant slingshot yourself from the top of the trees when there is nothing to secure yourself to?
huh? erm

1. Stand on one tree.
2. Use webbing from both arms to grab two separate trees in front of you.
3. Pull back.
4. Let go.

King Castle
like this?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092010/1283941777_watermelon-slingshot-to-the-face.gif

Black bolt z
his brain is covered in metal, son. That's not working. huh? erm

1. Stand on one tree.
2. Use webbing from both arms to grab two separate trees in front of you.
3. Pull back.
4. Let go. 5: Bam hit a tree
6: Fall to the ground and break his legs
7: Get cut up by wolverine

marwash22
5: Bam hit a tree
6: Fall to the ground and break his legs
7: Get cut up by wolverine 8. you're an idiot.

Black bolt z
8. you're an idiot. He has to land at some point....And he will run out of webbing...if he doesn't fall.

King Castle
he has a cartridge belt wrapped around his waist.....

i doubt he run out of webs for swinging purposes any time soon.

marwash22
He has to land at some point....And he will run out of webbing...if he doesn't fall. sure. because Spidey doesn't have ridiculous equilibrium and Spidey sense.

King Castle
sure. because Spidey doesn't have ridiculous equilibrium and Spidey sense. do i have to post every time spidey has tripped or bn clumsy?

marwash22
do i have to post every time spidey has tripped or bn clumsy? Batman gets tied up all the time by people who have no business being able to get the drop on him.
Superman gets pwned by people who have shouldn't even be able to touch him.

If you wanna throw a PIS party, that's your right, but it's not gonna prove shit.

King Castle
but the difference is its his CIS

marwash22
but the difference is its his CIS i dunno what you're getting at seeing as it's me, with Spidey's powers... i have no CIS, so stfu. stick out tongue.

Sin I AM
but you still dont have experience using said powers

King Castle
well then i see every one struggling..

Spidey and toad ppl be sliding off the tree as they try to climb it as their powers fluctuate due to inexperience..

i see Wolverine guys crying in pain and unable to move with an added 100 lbs stuck inside them..

colossus ppl trying to turn metal or accidentally turn organic in mid leap.

marwash22
but you still dont have experience using said powers facepalmOriginally posted by D_Dude1210
You and 4 friends of equal skills/knowledge/abilities are dropped in the middle of a HUGE jungle (about the size of Texas of pure jungle) and given NO Survival gear or any kind of rations/water. You are then required to find your way out of the jungle by any means necessary. The first one out gets to live and the last 3 die horrible, painful deaths.

To assist you in this race, you will be given the specific powers that you're allowed to use in whatever way you wish to get out. You are made to select one out of 4 different powers and the powers you don't select are given to your 3 other friends.

As luck would have it, you get to choose first.

Choices:

King Castle
exactly i as the outside observer looking down at the MU have better knowledge and understanding of their powers but it doesnt help me control it with their own lvl of familiarity.

Sin I AM
my sentiments exactly....just because i know the full extent of their powers DOES NOT mean i will be able to master them over night

King Castle
it's like waking up the next day and finding out you're a mutant and we all know how that tends to work out in MU...

and my survival skills aint gonna help me one bit if i cant move or control my body.

Blair Wind
If that was the case, the only one with any real "exotic" powers is Colossus. It might take time to figure out what "turns it on".

If you're Wolverine, you may pop your claws out all the time, but its not that big a deal. You may be over whelmed by all the smells and improved hearing though.

With Spiderman, Parker was fine once he got his powers. The trouble would be webslinging, but jumping really far shouldn't be a problem. Its a natural extension of some thing we already do. Using a slingshot with web, pretty doable IMO

Toad is just nasty. Having to wake up as that would be horrible.

With all that said, I doubt power user difficulty is what is going to make or break the race.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.