Batman vs Thanos (With Stipulations)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Let's assume that Batman has Superman's powers, and he uses his own tactics and fighting abilities, which include his near superhuman reasoning and deductive talents.

Thanos is how he was during his Thanos Quest run, but he has not yet decided to go after the infinity gems.

How well would Batman do under these conditions.

iceman24567
Batman doesn't need Superman's shitty powers to beat Thanos he simply beats his ass on his own. Nobody remembers him soloing Darksied's vessel on his own? Batman stomps smile

quanchi112
Thanos stomps. He's still smarter, more powerful, more durable, and has more experience than Batman does with these powers.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos ends up in prison messing with "The GODDAM BATMAN" under these conditions...

Happy Dance

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos stomps. He's still smarter, more powerful, more durable, and has more experience than Batman does with these powers.

I question Thanos' ability to make contact with Batman under these conditions. Gamora's sparring session comes to mind, but then again Batman isn't Gamora. The speed advantage however might give him the ability to be behind Thanos every time that he threw a punch.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
I question Thanos' ability to make contact with Batman under these conditions. Gamora's sparring session comes to mind, but then again Batman isn't Gamora. The speed advantage however might give him the ability to be behind Thanos every time that he threw a punch. Thanos was toying with Gamora who also has intimate knowledge of Thanos and her blows didn't effect him.

Thanos can simply negate anything with a shield like he did against Champion.

Stoic
Thanos was toying with Gamora who also has intimate knowledge of Thanos and her blows didn't effect him.

Thanos can simply negate anything with a shield like he did against Champion.

That's not what the comic said, he actually was unable to hit her, which likely swelled him with pride, as he was the engineer of her unique training regimen. Batman under these terms would be far faster, and far stronger. bulldogs, power bombs, and tomb stone pile drivers would all be possible. What does shields have to do with this? Batman would also detect the subtle muscular fiber twitches and react to nearly every move that Thanos would make. Mantis (The Celestial Madonna) also avoided everything that Thanos threw at her, so with this knowledge we can actually see a trend happening. Thanos' weakness is speed and agility.

Nihilist
That's not what the comic said, he actually was unable to hit her, which likely swelled him with pride, as he was the engineer of her unique training regimen. Batman under these terms would be far faster, and far stronger. bulldogs, power bombs, and tomb stone pile drivers would all be possible. What does shields have to do with this? Batman would also detect the subtle muscular fiber twitches and react to nearly every move that Thanos would make. Mantis (The Celestial Madonna) also avoided everything that Thanos threw at her, so with this knowledge we can actually see a trend happening. Thanos' weakness is speed and agility. Apart from the fact he has reacted to speed shown agility and doesnt have a physical weakness.

quanchi112
That's not what the comic said, he actually was unable to hit her, which likely swelled him with pride, as he was the engineer of her unique training regimen. Batman under these terms would be far faster, and far stronger. bulldogs, power bombs, and tomb stone pile drivers would all be possible. What does shields have to do with this? Batman would also detect the subtle muscular fiber twitches and react to nearly every move that Thanos would make. Mantis (The Celestial Madonna) also avoided everything that Thanos threw at her, so with this knowledge we can actually see a trend happening. Thanos' weakness is speed and agility. He didn't use his shields or abilities. he was sparring with her and she knew him well. He killed her prior to his ig run when he wanted her dead.

Your basing it off a sparring session where he faked injury and was on the same side as her. It's like saying cap and thor while sparring really tried to kill each other and cap is on his level. Wow, wow.

Stoic
He didn't use his shields or abilities. he was sparring with her and she knew him well. He killed her prior to his ig run when he wanted her dead.

Your basing it off a sparring session where he faked injury and was on the same side as her. It's like saying cap and thor while sparring really tried to kill each other and cap is on his level. Wow, wow.

Never said that, if you chose to ignore what i did write, then that's entirely up to you. What about Mantis' display of agility, and her ability to avoid everything that he threw at her?

Originally posted by Nihilist
Apart from the fact he has reacted to speed shown agility and doesnt have a physical weakness.

Thanos has a high level of durability, but he is not invulnerable. Also what speed feats combined with agility did he react to. I know of one, are there others? The one that i do know of is merely a speed feat reaction, it had no Spiderman moves attached to it.

quanchi112
Never said that, if you chose to ignore what i did write, then that's entirely up to you. What about Mantis' display of agility, and her ability to avoid everything that he threw at her?

Thanos has a high level of durability, but he is not invulnerable. Also what speed feats combined with agility did he react to. I know of one, are there others? I explained the entire situation you didn't grasp the comic or his abilities or the fact her blows didn't phase him.

Mantis ?? What ?

Stoic
I explained the entire situation you didn't grasp the comic or his abilities or the fact her blows didn't phase him.

Mantis ?? What ?

Thanos was unable to blast, or hit Mantis when he tried to kill her. Batman under these terms would be far, far faster than she was, and would also possess x-ray vision to see muscular fiber twitches, which would tell him a moment before Thanos even attacked. You seemed to fail to grasp the concept that speed and agility would be utilized against him.

quanchi112
Thanos was unable to blast, or hit Mantis when he tried to kill her. Batman under these terms would be far, far faster than she was, and would also possess x-ray vision to see muscular fiber twitches, which would tell him a moment before Thanos even attacked. Which comic are you referring to ? Oh and I am about to make a point I doubt you even see coming.

Stoic
I'm not going to search for the comic, but it was during The Avengers Celestial Quest arc. Thanos was unable to touch Mantis. Batman would have all of these physical qualities, and strength to actually make Thanos feel every punch, kick and blast.

quanchi112
I'm not going to search for the comic, but it was during The Avengers Celestial Quest arc. Thanos was unable to touch Mantis. Batman would have all of these physical qualities, and strength to actually make Thanos feel every punch, kick and blast. That was a Thanos clone. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

You are such a noob.

Get back to me when you actually know which showings are Thanos and which ones are clones.

Stoic
That was a Thanos clone. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

You are such a noob.

Get back to me when you actually know which showings are Thanos and which ones are clones.

Just because it was a clone does not mean that the original can react any faster. Clone means a mirrored image, and it also means that they react nearly the same, and have the exact physical makeup under a microscope. The clone thought that he was the original right? Did you think that you made some sort of point with that outburst? The original Thanos showed the same lack of coordination that the clone exhibited, during his sparring session with Gamora.

Besides Batman in this thread would be far faster than Gamora, or Mantis, and much, much stronger. let's not side step the actual debate by bringing inferiors into it. I was simply trying to show you that Batman under these terms would tee off on Thanos, due to speed, agility, and the strength to make every punch be felt... well at least he would when Thanos came from behind those protective shields wink... would that be considered an action of cowardice by the way?

khazra
Thanos still wins. He is simply a couple of tiers above superman. Batman's mind isnt a huge upgrade here or atleast not enough of one.

quanchi112
Just because it was a clone does not mean that the original can react any faster. Clone means a mirrored image, and it also means that they react nearly the same, and have the exact physical makeup under a microscope. The clone thought that he was the original right? Did you think that you made some sort of point with that outburst? The original Thanos showed the same lack of coordination that the clone exhibited, during his sparring session with Gamora.

Besides Batman in this thread would be far faster than Gamora, or Mantis, and much, much stronger. let's not side step the actual debate by bringing inferiors into it. I was simply trying to show you that Batman under these terms would tee off on Thanos, due to speed, agility, and the strength to make every punch be felt... well at least he would when Thanos came from behind those protective shields wink... would that be considered an action of cowardice by the way? You weren't aware it was even a clone you don't know much if anything about Thanos.

there were higher powered models and lower powered ones none of which are the real Thanos so it's about as pointless as arguing against doombot showings for the real Doom.

Thanos also while mindless was facing off against an entire team with Mantis present yet they needed a cc just to beat him. He was mindless to boot.

Thanos has abilities to negate speed aka the fallen one he didn't use against Gamora. he also wasn't phased by her attacks so if anything it proves not even at his best he can easily tank attacks of skilled warriors.

Not. At. All.

You need to show someone with Superman level power just beating on Thanos due to him being unable to counter their speed or quickness advantage with him fighting to the best of his abilities.

Thanos using his abilities doesn't make him a coward it makes him intelligent which is something the Hulk isn't most of the time.

It's hilarious you think a character using their own abilities is an act of cowardice. You really need to step up your game I am exposing you.

Stoic
You weren't aware it was even a clone you don't know much if anything about Thanos.

there were higher powered models and lower powered ones none of which are the real Thanos so it's about as pointless as arguing against doombot showings for the real Doom.

Thanos also while mindless was facing off against an entire team with Mantis present yet they needed a cc just to beat him. He was mindless to boot.

Thanos has abilities to negate speed aka the fallen one he didn't use against Gamora. he also wasn't phased by her attacks so if anything it proves not even at his best he can easily tank attacks of skilled warriors.

Not. At. All.

You need to show someone with Superman level power just beating on Thanos due to him being unable to counter their speed or quickness advantage with him fighting to the best of his abilities.

Thanos using his abilities doesn't make him a coward it makes him intelligent which is something the Hulk isn't most of the time.

It's hilarious you think a character using their own abilities is an act of cowardice. You really need to step up your game I am exposing you.

You're exposing me? Lol Quanchi look in the mirror, you believe that Thanos would have beaten Odin, and at this very moment believe that Thanos would defeat Tyrant or Galactus, or maybe even both. Expose yourself, and then ask yourself if you know Thanos as well as you pretend to. Lol @ Thanos beating Galactus. Oh and please try not to frighten me with these ridiculous threats.

Gamora made Thanos bleed from the mouth, but then again you probably took that as thanos biting his tongue, to make her believe that she somehow hurt him... guess what, Gamora hurt him.

Now if we can get back to the debate at hand, and stop with the finger wagging, because you've exposed your own @$$ by sidestepping the fact that a Batman with Superman's abilities would dodge every hit or blast that thanos could muster, and end up getting his ass kicked off of the planet, and into deep space, where he would have his cookies baked.

How is Thanos going to fight Batman while behind those shields? Didn't the Champion hit Thanos' shields so hard that they were about to buckle? What would happen if Bruce hit those shields until the charge was depleted? What shields? Please expose me.

quanchi112
You're exposing me? Lol Quanchi look in the mirror, you believe that Thanos would have beaten Odin, and at this very moment believe that Thanos would defeat Tyrant or Galactus, or maybe even both. Expose yourself, and then ask yourself if you know Thanos as well as you pretend to. Lol @ Thanos beating Galactus. Oh and please try not to frighten me with these ridiculous threats.

Gamora made Thanos bleed from the mouth, but then again you probably took that as thanos biting his tongue, to make her believe that she somehow hurt him... guess what, Gamora hurt him.

Now if we can get back to the debate at hand, and stop with the finger wagging, because you've exposed your own @$$ by sidestepping the fact that a Batman with Superman's abilities would dodge every hit or blast that thanos could muster, and end up getting his ass kicked off of the planet, and into deep space, where he would have his cookies baked.

How is Thanos going to fight Batman while behind those shields? Didn't the Champion hit Thanos' shields so hard that they were about to buckle? What would happen if Bruce hit those shields until the charge was depleted? What shields? Please expose me. Stay on topic I exposed you in this very thread I am not bringing up your opinion with regards to any other threads. You are using a clone as proof whe in fact you were unaware it was even a clone. I am simply more knowledeable. No shame in falling before me.

Making someone bleed doesn't mean you ca defeat them. A mosquito can make me bleed can it kill or defeat me straight up ? Your logic is horrible as always.

Thanos can use his shields so Batman can't even touch him. Thanos can imprison him in foreblock. Thanos can mind lobotomize him.

I mean come on here.

Champion had the power gem and he destroyed the planet which Thanos intended to happen. Thanos can also fight back with his shields up. wink

Thanos, 1/1.

Stoic
Stay on topic I exposed you in this very thread I am not bringing up your opinion with regards to any other threads. You are using a clone as proof whe in fact you were unaware it was even a clone. I am simply more knowledeable. No shame in falling before me.

Making someone bleed doesn't mean you ca defeat them. A mosquito can make me bleed can it kill or defeat me straight up ? Your logic is horrible as always.

Thanos can use his shields so Batman can't even touch him. Thanos can imprison him in foreblock. Thanos can mind lobotomize him.

I mean come on here.

Champion had the power gem and he destroyed the planet which Thanos intended to happen. Thanos can also fight back with his shields up. wink

Thanos, 1/1.

I'll take this as your opinion that Thanos would beat Batman under these terms. I'm always willing to learn a thing or two, I'm not embarrassed in the least. However the Thanos that was getting scored on in the multiples was the real one, and again Gamora is much slower than Batman would be, and far weaker. This isn't Kal, if Batman had his powers, I could see him using every power at his disposal to in sync. heat rays super speed, freeze breath, super strength, super martial arts, super escapism. There is a big chance that Batman would win a few under these terms.

Super Batman 7/10

Oh, and go to Africa, and you may find a mosquito that will kill you.

quanchi112
I'll take this as your opinion that Thanos would beat Batman under these terms. I'm always willing to learn a thing or two, I'm not embarrassed in the least. However the Thanos that was getting scored on in the multiples was the real one, and again Gamora is much slower than Batman would be, and far weaker. This isn't Kal, if Batman had his powers, I could see him using every power at his disposal to in sync. heat rays super speed, freeze breath, super strength, super martial arts, super escapism. There is a big chance that Batman would win a few under these terms.

Super Batman 7/10

Oh, and go to Africa, and you may find a mosquito that will kill you. Thanos didn't use his abilities he was simply trying to physically tag her when in the end he trained her so no shame there at all. She knew him far better than Batman does.

You need to prove someone with these powers can best Thanos not just state your opinion without anything to back it up. That's why I win debates things I claim I back up things you claim your mind dreams up.

Thanos doesn't even need shields here.

That isn't the point the point is making someone bleed isn't 'the same thing as having the power to ko or defeat them.

Nihilist

Thanos has a high level of durability, but he is not invulnerable. Also what speed feats combined with agility did he react to. I know of one, are there others? The one that i do know of is merely a speed feat reaction, it had no Spiderman moves attached to it. current Thanos is invulnerable to physical attack.

He reacted to Fallen One attacking him at flight speed, dodged Jack Of Hearts flying at him, reacted to Ganymede trying to blitz him (who blitzed Surfer and one of Tyrants robots and danced around Terrax),Thanos was able block and parry shots from Marvell and Thing together, plus he showed some MA skill against the Ovin Merc iirc, ill check for more( he has countless dodge/reaction feats to energy shots)

Stall_19
Thanos would win. Superman's abilities wouldn't be enough.

TheMagicPillow
Man, just imagine the damage the batkick would cause with superman's powers!

lol someone should give batman adamantium batarangs, with his new strength there would be nothing they couldn't cut through laughing

-Pr-
Does Batman get any time to train?

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Does Batman get any time to train?

This is the same batman as always, he was just born with Superman's powers. So yes he's been training with them all of his life.

Badabing
Let's assume that Batman has Superman's powers, and he uses his own tactics and fighting abilities, which include his near superhuman reasoning and deductive talents.

Thanos is how he was during his Thanos Quest run, but he has not yet decided to go after the infinity gems.

How well would Batman do under these conditions. Even though you've de-powered Bats, I'd say he still wins handily.

badawe

-Pr-
This is the same batman as always, he was just born with Superman's powers. So yes he's been training with them all of his life.

oh. mmm

Stoic
Originally posted by Badabing
Even though you've de-powered Bats, I'd say he still wins handily.

badawe

Yep

Originally posted by -Pr-
oh. mmm

Exactly Lol.

Bouboumaster
Thanos put this version of Batman into two buns of bread and eats him. The end.

the ninjak
He wouldn't be the same Bruce.
Born a Kryptonian he would've stopped his parents from being killed that fateful night. Avoiding his war on crime.
He would simply be Superman or worse, due to his fortune and heritage been a spoilt child without the "down to earth" upbringing the Kents gave Clark.
And due to his severe change in biology would not have needed to undergo his shadow training.
This What If scernario is fated to make a bad case Superman.
A major part of Superman's nobility derives from his years in Smallville.

Stoic
Originally posted by the ninjak
He wouldn't be the same Bruce.
Born a Kryptonian he would've stopped his parents from being killed that fateful night. Avoiding his war on crime.
He would simply be Superman or worse, due to his fortune and heritage been a spoilt child without the "down to earth" upbringing the Kents gave Clark.
And due to his severe change in biology would not have needed to undergo his shadow training.
This What If scernario is fated to make a bad case Superman.
A major part of Superman's nobility derives from his years in Smallville.

No in this instance he is still unable to save his parents, because his powers unfortunately do not manifest until one year after the horrible event. He still has the mindset, and still becomes Super-Batman. Unlike Kal, he is far more gritty, and continues on his path towards learning all of the skills that he would have as a normal human male. Read the OP, and add this to it, because I thought that I covered the bases but I guess I didn't.

the ninjak
No in this instance he is still unable to save his parents, because his powers unfortunately do not manifest until one year after the horrible event. He still has the mindset, and still becomes Super-Batman. Unlike Kal, he is far more gritty, and continues on his path towards learning all of the skills that he would have as a normal human male. Read the OP, and add this to it, because I thought that I covered the bases but I guess I didn't.

heh heh all good.
Thanos' durability is still in question after the Thanos Imperative. When Drax blasted his body with that negabomb he was still registered as growing after his reincarnation.
The Death Sword Cthulu Mar-vell summoned for the ritual was perfectly designed to pierce a Death Avatar I guess. And all it did was make Thanos grunt and groan a bit. He would no doubt instantly rejuvenate such an attack after the exit wound. As he did when Lady Death arrived.
Cthulu Mar-Vell showed speed and calculating ability that owned Nova and Surfer yet Thanos simply choked the guy out before letting him go for his endgame.

A Kryptonian Wayne with all previous knowledge would be a nightmare of prep and power.
But I'm still not comfortable with giving him a win against the Titan.

Omega Vision
current Thanos is invulnerable to physical attack.

He reacted to Fallen One attacking him at flight speed, dodged Jack Of Hearts flying at him, reacted to Ganymede trying to blitz him (who blitzed Surfer and one of Tyrants robots and danced around Terrax),Thanos was able block and parry shots from Marvell and Thing together, plus he showed some MA skill against the Ovin Merc iirc, ill check for more( he has countless dodge/reaction feats to energy shots)
Read the OP. This isn't Current Thanos. Even if that were true.

Black bolt z
Batman stomps. Didn't you read the new rules? Batman always stomps!

the ninjak
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Batman stomps. Didn't you read the new rules? Batman always stomps!
I forgot this was an older Thanos. That turns the tide greatly.
And BB I'm almost inclined to agree.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Read the OP. This isn't Current Thanos. Even if that were true. All the instances i mentioned was classic Thanos who still had a very high lvl of durability.

the ninjak
OK if Drax was able to gain in his possession a bomb that could turn a "weakened" yet "amped" Thanos into threads of ligaments.
Couldn't a Batman that can now travel the galaxy obtain such a device as well?
Yet Thanos tanked Odin's blasts and continued his assault and I consider Odin above Supes but this Batman has lived his whole life with a Krytonian's powers and we all know Batman has emergency plans for everyone.
If Drax can obtain such a weapon in the Galaxy couldn't this Amalgamation?
The OP doesn't state prep though. But still.....
Batman always has gadgets and with this kind of power his arsenal goes galactic.

Omega Vision
Superbat kicks Thanos's teeth in.
All the instances i mentioned was classic Thanos who still had a very high lvl of durability.
But the "Current Thanos is invulnerable to physical attack" (lol) part isn't at all germane to this thread.

MrMind
batman sprays the giant purple

Lord_Talron
thanos wins, take away the gimp so bats can rape him

vince_slice
Originally posted by the ninjak
OK if Drax was able to gain in his possession a bomb that could turn a "weakened" yet "amped" Thanos into threads of ligaments.
Couldn't a Batman that can now travel the galaxy obtain such a device as well?
Yet Thanos tanked Odin's blasts and continued his assault and I consider Odin above Supes but this Batman has lived his whole life with a Krytonian's powers and we all know Batman has emergency plans for everyone.
If Drax can obtain such a weapon in the Galaxy couldn't this Amalgamation?
The OP doesn't state prep though. But still.....
Batman always has gadgets and with this kind of power his arsenal goes galactic.

People shouldn't take the Drax killing Thanos with an anti-matter bomb too seriously.

According the Andy Schmidt (editor at marvel), the mere presence of Drax near Thanos apparently nullifies Thanos' ability to control his own atomic structure. In other words, when Drax is around Thanos, his durability drops BIG TIME.

Therefore when Drax kills Thanos with an anti-matter bomb in TI, its because his durability was weakened due to Drax's anti-Thanos aura. On top of that he wasn't fully recovered his powers at that stage in TI either.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=3973564&postcount=1908

"It's pretty simple, really. Drax has other powers that precent Thanos' natural Eternal-atom-control thing from working when he's around. Remember, Drax was created to kill Thanos. He probably couldn't beat Thor in a fight, heck, he'd have a tough time beating Wolverine perhaps, but Thanos he can kill."

-Andy Schmidt

Uriel005
He didn't use his shields or abilities. he was sparring with her and she knew him well. He killed her prior to his ig run when he wanted her dead.

Your basing it off a sparring session where he faked injury and was on the same side as her. It's like saying cap and thor while sparring really tried to kill each other and cap is on his level. Wow, wow. Cap is on thors level...
link-rape

quanchi112
Originally posted by vince_slice
People shouldn't take the Drax killing Thanos with an anti-matter bomb too seriously.

According the Andy Schmidt (editor at marvel), the mere presence of Drax near Thanos apparently nullifies Thanos' ability to control his own atomic structure. In other words, when Drax is around Thanos, his durability drops BIG TIME.

Therefore when Drax kills Thanos with an anti-matter bomb in TI, its because his durability was weakened due to Drax's anti-Thanos aura. On top of that he wasn't fully recovered his powers at that stage in TI either.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=3973564&postcount=1908

"It's pretty simple, really. Drax has other powers that precent Thanos' natural Eternal-atom-control thing from working when he's around. Remember, Drax was created to kill Thanos. He probably couldn't beat Thor in a fight, heck, he'd have a tough time beating Wolverine perhaps, but Thanos he can kill."

-Andy Schmidt Sounds about right to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.