Cyclopes vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dum Dum Dugan
first fight normal setting.

second fight a city land scape.

Starscream M
without bfr, I'd say colossus in both.

-Pr-
Cyclops. Far too much experience around Pete imo.

Tha C-Master
Could he cause lasting damage?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Could he cause lasting damage?

Don't see why not.

quanchi112
Cyclops wins.

Trackz
Do his optic blasts even damage colossus? I remember in Ultimate X-men they just bounced off, how do they do against him in the 616?

Badabing
Colossus' shiny metal skin reflects Cyke's blast back at him. durclops

rotiart
Colossus durability is up there... Has cyclops hurt a brick of his caliber? Offhand the next closest person i can think of is onslaught

the ninjak
Scott GTFO my lawns him miles away.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Trackz
Do his optic blasts even damage colossus? I remember in Ultimate X-men they just bounced off, how do they do against him in the 616?

it depends. cyclops can reflect off of him at the right angles, but that was intentional.

a more concentrated blast should (imo) have enough concussive force to put down colossus.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-

a more concentrated blast should (imo) have enough concussive force to put down colossus. who has he put down on colossus level of durability?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
who has he put down on colossus level of durability?

using normal blasts he was able to stun colossus back before he died.

he's damaged onslaught, master mold, ord. hell, his normal blasts can punch through sentinels, and they're class 60. his blasts scale way up from there.

Starscream M
sentinels aren't that durable...even jubilee could damage a sentinel

I could see him stunning Colossus...but I have a hard time seeing him KOing Colossus. just my opinion.

Colossus-Big C
there a scan somewhere of colossus taking a full blast from cyclops to the face

the ninjak
How does Scott intensify a GOML blast anyways.
I thought his X-factor was a portal situated in his eyes to a dimension full of the energy.
I always had a problem with him being able to increase the intensity by narrowing the blast unless the problem at hand simply needed a smaller beam.
Scott's beams are pure force not heat, Though if you make a beam of pure force fine enough I can understand how friction can become more damaging on a fine scale but with the goggles off?
I can understand also how beings like Juggs and Hulk with their respectively supposed infinte durability and Infinite potential strength based on anger can overwhelm such a force.....
But Piotr and Thing? They should go flying.

-Pr-
sentinels aren't that durable...even jubilee could damage a sentinel

I could see him stunning Colossus...but I have a hard time seeing him KOing Colossus. just my opinion.

jubilee is incredibly powerful. that said, cyclops one shots them.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
there a scan somewhere of colossus taking a full blast from cyclops to the face

no.

Originally posted by the ninjak
How does Scott intensify a GOML blast anyways.
I thought his X-factor was a portal situated in his eyes to a dimension full of the energy.
I always had a problem with him being able to increase the intensity by narrowing the blast unless the problem at hand simply needed a smaller beam.
Scott's beams are pure force not heat, Though if you make a beam of pure force fine enough I can understand how friction can become more damaging on a fine scale but with the goggles off?
I can understand also how beings like Juggs and Hulk with their respectively supposed infinte durability and Infinite potential strength based on anger can overwhelm such a force.....
But Piotr and Thing? They should go flying.

he focuses his eyes the way we do.

Colossus-Big C

no.

yes there is

-Pr-
yes there is

cyclops has used "proper" full power blasts like, four or five times in his entire career. none of them were at colossus' face.

what issue are you talking about?

Colossus-Big C
cyclops has used "proper" full power blasts like, four or five times in his entire career. none of them were at colossus' face.

what issue are you talking about? the scan is in the respect thread but it doesnt work anymore i dont know what issue but cyclops blasted his face

the ninjak

I can understand how Hulk and Juggs can dig their feet into the ground and tank such power.
But with the Thing and Colossus even with the other two couldn't Scott just instead of aiming acrosswards at them.
As they slowly come forward just quickly duck underneath them and aim up their bodies towards the sky and send them off into BFR land?

-Pr-
the scan is in the respect thread but it doesnt work anymore i dont know what issue but cyclops blasted his face

describe it.

I can understand how Hulk and Juggs can dig their feet into the ground and tank such power.
But with the Thing and Colossus even with the other two couldn't Scott just instead of aiming acrosswards at them.
As they slowly come forward just quickly duck underneath them and aim up their bodies towards the sky and send them off into BFR land?

he could do that, im sure.

Colossus-Big C
describe it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=383579&pagenumber=27

the ninjak
he could do that, im sure.

Then he wins against any tank in a forum fight big grin cool

Starscream M
I don't recall Scott ever blasting anyone far enough to be considered BFRed

the ninjak

That's because he never aimed diagonally up!

rotiart

Pr asks you to describe the event... Instead yoi provide a link.

You seriouslly linked to a page full of hyperlinks after just telling us the link in question is broken?

You could have just gave Pr our cyxlops expert the issue...

Btw snoopdogs post says its in issue uncanny xmen 175.

-Pr-

yeah, that wasn't a full power blast. at all. he says "high power" and yet, his visor is still on, and it was written a long time before cyclops got written at a more powerful level.

then you need to read more comics.

King Castle
i see Colossus being able to win although i also see Cyke's training alongside him making a difference.

Cyke wins due to familiarity of colossus tactics and weaknesses specifically his durability...

although i dont see Cyke punching holes into colossus i do see Cyke not holding back where he otherwise would when not knowing his opponents limit..

i see cyke knocking him off balance aiming hard blows to his head.

Dum Dum Dugan
has there been any evidence presented that scot having his visor on hinders the power of his optic blast? In fact hasent he mention a a few times that he blasting full power while he visor was on? To me the visor always seems to regulate the size of the blast more so then the power of it.

Dum Dum Dugan

This is more or less true. At least how he been depicted as of late it seems he has far more control over his powers then anyone realized, perhaps even himself. He did show ability to increase the amount of power his beams seemed to let out, and though some may wish to chalk it up to his visor control, astonishing x-men seem to make it quite clear it under his control rather then the visor, for how powerful a blast may be.

so it lament terms I agree rock

yestinchong
I only ever log in to discuss Cyclops as he is still the character i enjoy reading about most in comics.

For the record, Cyclops HAS KO'd Colossus in the past. It happened in the Brood saga that Claremont did absolutely years ago. Cyke gets infected, loses the need for his visor, gets a wider angle of beam and KOs Piotr. Someone will have to tell you the issue number of UXM, as i haven't got it off the top of my head. If people really want me to research it as proof, i'll have to dig out my old UXM and quote it another day.

Also, in Asgardian Wars, Cyke outright blasts Colossus off his feet. To be fair to Colossus, he does get back up later off panel.

Also (again), in a very early issue of the All New UXM (again, Claremont's run), a fake Angel removes Cyke's visor to hit Colossus. Colossus' thought bubble states he feels the blast burning at his skin. A later issue of UXM where they are stuck in Murderworld and Colossus is brainwashed into being the "Proletarian", Cyke has his own thought bubble stating that if he increased the power of his blast, he might "cripple Piotr....or worse"....

In none of these examples stated does it say Cyke was going at full power.

I accept both Cyke and Colossus are probably more powerful and durable than they were back in the old UXM run.

All being said, my opinion is that Cyke beats Colossus. He definitely has a tactical edge, and i think he's got enough raw power in the tank to KO Pete.

StiltmanFTW
Good post, but that Angel incident was just Xavier's dream.

juggernaut74
How can Colossus win?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
has there been any evidence presented that scot having his visor on hinders the power of his optic blast? In fact hasent he mention a a few times that he blasting full power while he visor was on? To me the visor always seems to regulate the size of the blast more so then the power of it. the visor regulates the density of the beams cause the lenses can be adjusted to let more particles through.

when cyclops presses his finger on the visor he's actually turning the lens a few degrees to allow some of the beam to get through, first setting is weak cause the angle of the lens blocks most of the particles (his usual method of attack since he can take people down without killing them). he can turn the lens 180 degrees and the beam is almost unrestrained, but it's small cause of the size of the lens, so of coarse without the visor on he can fire large, full power blasts.

Blair Wind

You mean sort of like this?

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9374/bfredwolverine.th.jpg

Just with Colossus, like here?

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9031/cykesfastballspecialver.th.jpg

Colossus-Big C
how powerful is cyclops blast compared to a nuke?
just a question...

srankmissingnin
yeah, that wasn't a full power blast. at all. he says "high power" and yet, his visor is still on, and it was written a long time before cyclops got written at a more powerful level.

I take issue with the implication that Cylcops can't use a full power blast while wearing his visor. His visor doesn't control the power, or even the intensity of the blast, what it controls is the spread. His blast isn't more powerful without his visor, it is just more. He can hit someone with just as much force with his visor as he can without it, what he can't do is hit as wide an area... but that hardly matters when his target is only seven feet tall and three feet wide.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I take issue with the implication that Cylcops can't use a full power blast while wearing his visor. His visor doesn't control the power, or even the intensity of the blast, what it controls is the spread. no, it definitely does control the intensity

http://i55.tinypic.com/254wr48.jpg

^ it's small but look at this part here. it describes the potency of the beam depending on the lense setting

yestinchong
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good post, but that Angel incident was just Xavier's dream.

Good point well made and duly accepted. My comics memory ain't what it used to be.

-Pr-
This is more or less true. At least how he been depicted as of late it seems he has far more control over his powers then anyone realized, perhaps even himself. He did show ability to increase the amount of power his beams seemed to let out, and though some may wish to chalk it up to his visor control, astonishing x-men seem to make it quite clear it under his control rather then the visor, for how powerful a blast may be.

so it lament terms I agree rock

it was always that way. no expression

I take issue with the implication that Cylcops can't use a full power blast while wearing his visor. His visor doesn't control the power, or even the intensity of the blast, what it controls is the spread. His blast isn't more powerful without his visor, it is just more. He can hit someone with just as much force with his visor as he can without it, what he can't do is hit as wide an area... but that hardly matters when his target is only seven feet tall and three feet wide.

honestly, i think you're 100% wrong. the visor blocks part of his blast, even when it's narrow, and he can't use all of it.

Dum Dum Dugan
I agree 100% with this.

-Pr-
smh...

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Just with Colossus, like here?

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9031/cykesfastballspecialver.th.jpg
what comic is this from?

on a side note
I personally think Scot BFR colossus or any heavy hitter from that matter is slim to none. I not even sure why people are pretending it a likely scenerio. Though I wanna make it clear I not say cyclopes can't or wont win, but I find it very doubtful it will be by BFR the majority of the time.

Starscream M
Though I wanna make it clear I not say cyclopes can't or wont win, but I find it very doubtful it will be by BFR the majority of the time. so you think cyke can KO colossus?

Dum Dum Dugan
jubilee is incredibly powerful. that said, cyclops one shots them.

this is accurate and not accurate at the same time. She has the potential to be extremely powerful and has displayed very little of it. Also during many of her fights with sentinals happen well before she became powerful as well. She was fairly weak for good portion of her career.

can anyone post scans of or issue numbers of cyclopes doing significant damage to people with 100 class durability comparable to people like Colossus and Thing? Also not combinations such as against onslaught, because that very difficult to determine how strong that attack really was, becuase several people aided in that assault not to mention onslaught fluaxtautes in durability it seems. Bone claws wolverine to my knowledge did some serous damage to onslaughts armor.

Starscream M

then you need to read more comics. can you give me one example of Scott BFRing someone?

tell me who he blasted and roughly how far they were blasted.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no, it definitely does control the intensity

http://i55.tinypic.com/254wr48.jpg

^ it's small but look at this part here. it describes the potency of the beam depending on the lense setting

Any chance for a bigger pic?

Originally posted by yestinchong
Good point well made and duly accepted. My comics memory ain't what it used to be.

No worries, I made the same mistake not long time ago. I'm also leaning toward Cyclops.

juggernaut74
so you think cyke can KO colossus? He should be able to. Has Cyke kayoed anybody on Colossus' level?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Has Cyke kayoed anybody on Colossus' level?
not to my knowledge.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Any chance for a bigger pic? The pic is down it's so small cause google still has he pic in it's preview cache

But here's another one:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100109043858/marveldatabase/images/4/4d/Cyclops%27_Visor_001.jpg

NOTE: I mean the "Power Regulation Microship"

Dum Dum Dugan
That scan you posted states form the motion picture at the bottum......

as for the first pick it looks like a little kid draw it........and I have a feeling that not in any x-men comic........

Parmaniac
That thing says pretty much the same like the other pic, I've seen it before it was taken down.

EDIT: KAJUNGA!

http://www.mutanthigh.com/tech/visor1.jpg

Starscream M
He should be able to. based on what? confused

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That thing says pretty much the same like the other pic, I've seen it before it was taken down.

EDIT: KAJUNGA!

http://www.mutanthigh.com/tech/visor1.jpg
niether one of these are from on pannel comic, why are people posting them as if relevent?

Starscream M
niether one of these are from on pannel comic, why are people posting them as if relevent? it doesn't matter....it's still official marvel stuff

Dum Dum Dugan
it doesn't matter....it's still official marvel stuff
no it not. how is a movie by fox relevant to marvel comics?

hell hand books arnt even useable evidence, but some picture drawn with no source to it that looks like a little kid did it and another picture from a movie character is usable evidence? honestly think about what your argueing.

Parmaniac
Looks pretty much like a comic page to me.

Starscream M
no it not. how is a movie by fox relevant to marvel comics?

hell hand books arnt even useable evidence, but some picture drawn with no source to it that looks like a little kid did it and another picture from a movie character is usable evidence? honestly think about what your argueing. handbook is ok as an information source

ie, if a handbook says logan got his adamantium through weapon X, its not wrong just because it came from a handbook

in this case, in regards to cyckes optic mechanism, a handbook is a good source..as marvel still had to approve it

-K-M-
The "kid drawing" diagram is from the old handbooks

-Pr-
it's from science of the x-men, and it's the closest thing we have to accurate information about the visor.

Dum Dum Dugan
it's from science of the x-men, and it's the closest thing we have to accurate information about the visor.
are you saying it usable evidence? becuase if so then everything in it is usable evidence. Which i am fine with, but that puts a lot of wolverine things to rest.

-Pr-
are you saying it usable evidence? becuase if so then everything in it is usable evidence. Which i am fine with, but that puts a lot of wolverine things to rest.

if it's not contradicted by the comics and actually fits them, then I don't see why not.

comics always have precedence though.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by -K-M-
The "kid drawing" diagram is from the old handbooks
which is not usable evidence.

Starscream M
are you saying it usable evidence? becuase if so then everything in it is usable evidence. Which i am fine with, but that puts a lot of wolverine things to rest. lol incredible that you somehow managed to once again bring up wolverine in an unrelated thread

oh you! stick out tongue

-Pr-
which is not usable evidence.

why not?

Starscream M
which is not usable evidence. regarding plot perhaps

entirely usable regarding attributes...esp if we don't have a contradicting source from comics

Dum Dum Dugan
if it's not contradicted by the comics and actually fits them, then I don't see why not.

comics always have precedence though.
but your guys ruling many times as been firm that hand books and out side source are not usable as evidence.

I can find quotes if I really have to, but i rather not go through hundreds of posts to find them.

Parmaniac
I think we can go by Handbooks as long as on panel evidence doesn't contradict with it.

-Pr-
but your guys ruling many times as been firm that hand books and out side source are not usable as evidence.

I can find quotes if I really have to, but i rather not go through hundreds of posts to find them.

when it comes to feats an power levels, no. when it comes to actual bios, yes, for the most part. you just can't use handbooks if they contradict the comics.

Starscream M

I can find quotes if I really have to, but i rather not go through hundreds of posts to find them. I don't think mods ever ruled that handbooks are not usable...I believe you said that however

mods said handbooks don't trump onpanel events if they contradict each other

Dum Dum Dugan
regarding plot perhaps

entirely usable regarding attributes...esp if we don't have a contradicting source from comics
no in general they been stated as unusable several times by the mods.

Parmaniac
when it comes to feats an power levels, no. when it comes to actual bios, yes, for the most part. you just can't use handbooks if they contradict the comics. Originally posted by Parmaniac
I think we can go by Handbooks as long as on panel evidence doesn't contradict with it. Captain Awesome strikes again cool

Starscream M
Captain Awesome strikes again cool I actually made the point before you did.

juggernaut74
According to handbooks Colossus is Class 100, does he have feats to back this up?

Dum Dum Dugan
when it comes to feats an power levels, no. when it comes to actual bios, yes, for the most part. you just can't use handbooks if they contradict the comics.
K. This might need to be added to the rules, becuase your guys past statements have clearly said handbooks a as a whole are unusable. No one ever made a clearification that bio are usable. which would have made several other arguement I had in the past much easier to solve.

Parmaniac
I actually made the point before you did. Captain Awesome tells you to STFU

-Pr-
K. This might need to be added to the rules, becuase your guys past statements have clearly said handbooks a as a whole are unusable. No one ever made a clearification that bio are usable. which would have made several other arguement I had in the past much easier to solve.

Iirc, our past statements always said that handbooks were a secondary source, but still valid in certain areas.

According to handbooks Colossus is Class 100, does he have feats to back this up?

yes.

Dum Dum Dugan
were are these feats? asside from statements, does any actaully have a feat of him lifting 100 plus ton object?

Starscream M
Iirc, our past statements always said that handbooks were a secondary source, but still valid in certain areas.
yep...I believe we said you can't rely on handbooks on intangibles such as strength or speed. but you can use handbooks on informational issues...ie what capt's shield is made of, cyclops visor, etc.

although my issue with the scan is that it is prob out of date.

cyke is prob wearing a newer model nowadays.

Starscream M
were are these feats? asside from statements, does any actaully have a feat of him lifting 100 plus ton object? 100 tons isn't that much...2 tanks weigh close to 100 tons. and colossus would have little trouble lifting two tanks.

Dum Dum Dugan

thats not how it come across in the past. Mods of made statements like "handbooks are unusuable in versus debates" with out any clarification on bios being allowed. which is fine if bios are allow, but shouldent that be in the rules some were?

Parmaniac
Yeah but does on panel feats to that really exist?

Dum Dum Dugan
100 tons isn't that much...2 tanks weigh close to 100 tons. and colossus would have little trouble lifting two tanks.

are you saying a tank weights 50 tons...........

again I not asking for your opinion becuase frankly I dont care, but EVIDENCE.

juggernaut74
were are these feats? asside from statements, does any actaully have a feat of him lifting 100 plus ton object? He carried the X-jet from the ocean depths to shore once. I recall a issue stating the X-jet weighs 300 tons or so. Is that a Class 100 feat?

Starscream M
are you saying a tank weights 50 tons...........

again I not asking for your opinion becuase frankly I dont care, but EVIDENCE. yes, an abrams tank for example is 70 tons

hasn't colossus tossed sentinels...which are much bigger and heavier than tanks

most CL100ers...including thing, and colossus...have feats far beyond 100 tons. I'll go check his respect thread and see if i can dig anything up.

Parmaniac
are you saying a tank weights 50 tons........... Um a lot of tabnks actually weigh 50+ tons

Dum Dum Dugan
Um a lot of tabnks actually weigh 50+ tons
really I thought they were mor between 10 and 30 tons.

50 tons seems far to high. you have a source for this?

srankmissingnin
100 tons isn't that much...2 tanks weigh close to 100 tons. and colossus would have little trouble lifting two tanks.

Yeah a 100 tons is really nothing. This boulder weighs 900 tons, and it isn't even all that big.

http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2010/12/004388df99a.jpg

juggernaut74
Colossus easily smashed a tank once so it's pretty safe to assume he can toss one around.

Parmaniac
really I thought they were mor between 10 and 30 tons. Of course there are tanks like tihs but there are also tanks way heavier the german Leopard 2 weighs 62 tons. I'm not sure what kind of weight we should use when someone lifts a tank in comics tbh.

Dum Dum Dugan
yes, an abrams tank for example is 70 tons

hasn't colossus tossed sentinels...which are much bigger and heavier than tanks

most CL100ers...including thing, and colossus...have feats far beyond 100 tons. I'll go check his respect thread and see if i can dig anything up.
really that seems far to heavy.

he knocked them over, and we have no idea how much a sentinal weights to boot.

again colossus has far less feats then people assume and he has lots of low end feats. Which is what I been trying to tell everyone.

Dum Dum Dugan
Of course there are tanks like tihs but there are also tanks way heavier the german Leopard 2 weighs 62 tons. I'm not sure what kind of weight we should use when someone lifts a tank in comics tbh.
true, I forgot tanks were far heavier then one would think. Ammo alone weight s a shit load.

my mistake I concede.

srankmissingnin
The diagram is from the same series of handbooks that listed Captain America's shield as being an amalgam of Vibranium and Adamantium, which also isn't true. I personally wouldn't trust it, particularly from a logistic standpoint. His beams are completely filtered into harmless uv light by ruby quartz, so it is either open or closed... there is no "half blocked," unless there is some sort of neural interface that is doing the regulation internally... which seems like it would have been mentioned.

Dum Dum Dugan
Colossus easily smashed a tank once so it's pretty safe to assume he can toss one around.
smashing a tank and lifting combind weight of two is not comparable in my opinion. also how much did the tank weight? what type ect. also that event is not the time he fought omega red is it? becuase rougue who was like 50 tonner at the time casually was lifitng it.

Starscream M

he knocked them over, and we have no idea how much a sentinal weights to boot.
we could estimate by its size and material

a sentinel has to weigh more than 200 tons at least

juggernaut74
The links in the Colossus respect thread are down but I remember seeing a scan showing Colosuss suporting a cave in and a massive avalanche all at the same time.

Dum Dum Dugan
we could estimate by its size and material

a sentinel has to weigh more than 200 tons at least
your opinion, except you dont know the material and how thick is is, if it hallow ect.

still waiting for colossus 100 ton feat.

Dum Dum Dugan
The links in the Colossus respect thread are down but I remember seeing a scan showing Colosuss suporting a cave in and a massive avalanche all at the same time.
this is what I mean, there a lot of talking about his feats, people recollection of them, but never any evidence. I mean should it not be proven he legit 100 class? instead of assuming?

still beyond me why people think he stronger then Thing who has legit 100 class feats and a bunch of them and he listed as a 90 tonner.

juggernaut74
your opinion, except you dont know the material and how thick is is, if it hallow ect.

still waiting for colossus 100 ton feat. What exactly a 100 ton feat?

Still think Cyke can kayo Colossus.

Dum Dum Dugan
What exactly a 100 ton feat?

Still think Cyke can kayo Colossus.
feat were he lifts an object around 100 tons with relative ease or he lift object much heavier with a lot of effort.

Starscream M
feat were he lifts an object around 100 tons with relative ease or he lift object much heavier with a lot of effort. http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/497/4569kq.jpg

Parmaniac
That's impressive the only prob is, I can't see if it's really Colossus laughing out loud

Starscream M
lol it is.

juggernaut74
That's impressive the only prob is, I can't see if it's really Colossus laughing out loud It is, and he was injured at the time and also a teenager.

-Pr-
thats not how it come across in the past. Mods of made statements like "handbooks are unusuable in versus debates" with out any clarification on bios being allowed. which is fine if bios are allow, but shouldent that be in the rules some were?

not to you, maybe, but afaik most people got that impression from what we said.

Starscream M
here it states colossus is class 100 http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/thCOLOSSUSBack.jpg

and more recently

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/Colossus100tons.jpg

Parmaniac
^ That's the best example why handbooks shouldn't be used.

I mean for strength determination.

I know he is a class 100 though.

Starscream M
colossus lifting a huge metal plate easily over 100 tons

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/Colossusfallinblock-2.jpg

-K-M-
and more recently

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/Colossus100tons.jpg

Not that recent and from the encylopedia which is actually far more inaccrurate then the handbooks. However, in the recent handbooks they mentioned he was class 100.

Parmaniac
That's perfect

Dum Dum Dugan
thanks masterbruce, but how do we tell how impressive those feats are? First one Colossus is being assisted by the lets, which makes it impossible to guage how much weight he actually supported, which again is not lift but support.

again the second feat is support not lift and again it vague, it in the danger room and we have no idea how much weight he supported you assume 100 tons for the size, but like all things in the danger room there regulated by master controls.

Starscream M

again the second feat is support not lift and again it vague, it in the danger room and we have no idea how much weight he supported you assume 100 tons for the size, but like all things in the danger room there regulated by master controls. the fact is the metal plate was being pushed DOWN

so not only was colossus dealing with the weight, he was also dealing with the downwards mechanical force

Dum Dum Dugan
the fact is the metal plate was being pushed DOWN

so not only was colossus dealing with the weight, he was also dealing with the downwards mechanical force
I agree now thats 100 class feat. which I appreciate that you found and posted. That does not happen to have the issue and title do you?

Starscream M
nope sorry.

Tha C-Master
I believe Colossus is a 100 tonner, but does that plate really look like .2 million pounds? I'm not sure. erm

Parmaniac
I believe Colossus is a 100 tonner, but does that plate really look like .2 million pounds? I'm not sure. erm Who said that?

Dum Dum Dugan
I believe Colossus is a 100 tonner, but does that plate really look like .2 million pounds? I'm not sure. erm
I do agree, the more I look at it the less I believe it is 100 tons.

Colossus-Big C
on panel statement of colossus strength

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1582483-1569900_c.png

1.5 Tons Per Pound

Colossus-Big C
I do agree, the more I look at it the less I believe it is 100 tons. really? if seen a 1 ton weight that was the size of TV do you think 100 TVs can fit in that ?

Starscream M
and colossus is what, 700 - 800 pounds...so that makes him able to lift about 1200 tons

juggernaut74
and colossus is what, 700 - 800 pounds...so that makes him able to lift about 1200 tons Depends on the source as handbooks say 500 and comics say over 1 ton.

Starscream M
Depends on the source as handbooks say 500 and comics say over 1 ton. logic would say he has to weigh at least over 800 pounds

juggernaut74
logic would say he has to weigh at least over 800 pounds I agree.

Colossus-Big C
so which do we go by?

the handbooks 500 pounds
or
comic statements of him being 1 ton?

Starscream M
comics trump handbooks

juggernaut74
so which do we go by?

the handbooks 500 pounds
or
comic statements of him being 1 ton? I say meet in the middle and go with 1000lbs or so.

Tha C-Master
Who said that? 100 tons is .2 million pounds.

I use a little of everything because nothing is perfect. Handbooks have errors but are concrete. Feats are easy to see but have lowballing and skewing and PIS too. Logic works but advanced calc and things like that have exceptions.

Parmaniac
100 tons is .2 million pounds. Ah sorry I'm still with the kilogramm stuff here stick out tongue, plus I'm drunk.

Dum Dum Dugan
I love how people are taking that clear hyperbole as fact........are you guys kidding me. His feats dont even come close to him being over 1000 ton lifter.....hell his feats dont even compare to Things.....and what worse if that statement was true he be much stronger then 1000 tonner, he be 4000 ton lifter which is clearly bullshit.

Starscream M
I love how people are taking that clear hyperbole as fact........are you guys kidding me. His feats dont even come close to him being over 1000 ton lifter.....hell his feats dont even compare to Things.....and what worse if that statement was true he be much stronger then 1000 tonner, he be 4000 ton lifter which is clearly bullshit. how's that hyperbole? that was a robot, not some bullshit character's opinion

and if we take him as 1000 pounds, then it translates to him being able to lift 1500 tons...which is not farfetched at all

Tha C-Master
Ah sorry I'm still with the kilogramm stuff here stick out tongue, plus I'm drunk. Damned Germans. stick out tongue

Dum Dum Dugan
how's that hyperbole? that was a robot, not some bullshit character's opinion

and if we take him as 1000 pounds, then it translates to him being able to lift 1500 tons...which is not farfetched at all
Those robots are cannon fodder, which makes it worse. How is it not hyperbole? he neevr come close to any feats even close to what that suggesting.

except he weight 2 tons. So it mroe like 4000 tons. 1500 tons is extremely far fetch for a guy who barely has over 100 ton lifting feats and the ones he does have are extremely debatable and vague to say the least.

Starscream M
Those robots are cannon fodder, which makes it worse. How is it not hyperbole? he neevr come close to any feats even close to what that suggesting.

except he weight 2 tons. So it mroe like 4000 tons. 1500 tons is extremely far fetch for a guy who barely has over 100 ton lifting feats and the ones he does have are extremely debatable and vague to say the least. he may not have a huge amount of lifting feats...but he does have them

also, when has he ever struggled to lift something?

Dum Dum Dugan
he may not have a huge amount of lifting feats...but he does have them

also, when has he ever struggled to lift something?
were are they? two supporting feats were shown, both of which debatable that they are even 100 tons, let a lone well over 1000.

many times, a tree no less. You dont wanna play this game with me. Colossus has lots of low feats.

Colossus 100 tonner, I give you, but 4000 tonner, based of a friggin hypoerbole statement in which none of his feats support is absurd.

Colossus-Big C
can some post the scan of juggernaut struggling to lift colossus weight setting.

Starscream M

many times, a tree no less. You dont wanna play this game with me. Colossus has lots of low feats.

What the f**k? you gonna resort to PIS crap? we both know colossus would have no trouble with a tree

Colossus-Big C
hercules himself had trouble lifting a tree.

pis is pis

Dum Dum Dugan
What the f**k? you gonna resort to PIS crap? we both know colossus would have no trouble with a tree
what your gunan resort to hyperbole ina lame attempt to prentend colossus is far stronger then he ever shown roll eyes (sarcastic)

honestly your a hypocrite and I just gunna start playing by your rules.

Dum Dum Dugan
hercules himself had trouble lifting a tree.

pis is pis
yea and hyberbole is hyberbole.

The Nuul
And that is a Mexican stand off.

Colossus-Big C
how so? colossus held up a building with an avalanch on top of it

Dum Dum Dugan
how so? colossus held up a building with an avalanch on top of it
Becuase he never display strength feats even remotely close to that level.....let alone consistently to try and pretend that his strength level.

prove it. lets see two just two examples of colossus display 4000 ton strength.

I mean if you could have proved this, I pretty sure you would have in the Thing vs Colossus debate when I just post numerous scans of Thing display better strength feats then colossus.........

Parmaniac
Originally posted by The Nuul
http://www.aledlewis.com/images/10mexican_standoff.gif fixed

The Nuul
Happy Dance

Dum Dum Dugan
fixed
that guy in the wagon a lucky bastard he gunna survive, no one pointing at him lol.

The Nuul
It must be you then, so you won against Little Colossus Z.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by The Nuul
It must be you then, so you won against Little Colossus Z.
I am a lucky man, it time for my victory dance Happy Dance

carver9
The thing is, juggernaut, doomsday, thanos, darkseid along with numerous of bricks doesn't have lifting feats but its pretty obvious they are 100 tonners.

Colossus has showings against the juggernaut (who is a 100 tonner) that proves that he is a 100 tonner. Colossus koed the hulk which again proves that he is a 100 tonner along with briefly matching wwh strength (until he got that arm cracked). He also have good showings against glads on a physical level and gladiatr is a planet crusher. Then, let's not forget, colossus kicked the danger room door completely off of its hinges and almost kicked it in half and the danger room door is nigh indestructibel he has also punched a sentinel some miles and its pretty obvious that a sentinel weighs at least a 100 tons since I have seen some standing over the xmansion and their heads alone being bigger than the living room.

Dum Dum Dugan
I agree he 100 tonner but 4000 tonner f no which is what there trying to argue.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>