Heralds Intelligence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
One aspect of heralds that often don't get much discussion is their intelligence. Please rank the following heralds by overall intelligence.

---

Superman

Silver Surfer

Wonder Woman

Thor

complexbrother
Silver Surfer has cosmic consciousness, plus he comes from an ultra advanced society. he takes this.

King Castle
but superman has photographic memory and complete recall enough to build tech from scratch once he has analyzed it

Starscream M
imo, superman would prob be overall smartest...his mind is basically a supercomputer

King Castle
when it's booted and defraged more often then not it is slow to boot and process....

King Kandy
SS and Supes compete... they both have rather good tech and intelligence feats.

Galan007
The first feat that popped into my mind was when Superman built a new Miracle Machine from scratch after having only seconds to analyze the previous one. Ridiculously impressive.

Q99
It depends on if you're talking pure science or general intelligence and in how many fields.

Superman's good at super science and pretty reasonable aside.

I'm not sure if Surfer is as *smart* as him, but does have better education and cosmic consciousness to make up for any differences.

WW's an excellent tactician/strategist and diplomat, but not really one for the super science. She leaves the building of Purple Rays and such to Io. But, she gets excellent marks in other areas.

Thor... sorry Thor smile You're a good judge of character and a reasonable tactician when you want to be, but I don't think you rate.

janus77
this is between Surfer and Superman. I'd like to say Surfer but ... I think it's probably Superman. If Surfer were a bit more intelligent, given his powers, he'd be ridiculously unbeatable for anyone below Galactus.

The Nuul
Superman

Silver Surfer

Wonder Woman

Thor

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
It depends on if you're talking pure science or general intelligence and in how many fields.

Superman's good at super science and pretty reasonable aside.

I'm not sure if Surfer is as *smart* as him, but does have better education and cosmic consciousness to make up for any differences.

WW's an excellent tactician/strategist and diplomat, but not really one for the super science. She leaves the building of Purple Rays and such to Io. But, she gets excellent marks in other areas.

Thor... sorry Thor smile You're a good judge of character and a reasonable tactician when you want to be, but I don't think you rate. Exactly, when people think "intelligence" they think math and science, and not about how broad intelligence really is.

Colossus-Big C
thor doesnt belong here, take him out and add apocolypse

The Nuul
facepalm

Take Apoc out and add Doom.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
The first feat that popped into my mind was when Superman built a new Miracle Machine from scratch after having only seconds to analyze the previous one. Ridiculously impressive. So he memorized how to rebuild it?

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul
Superman

Silver Surfer

Wonder Woman

Thor

Desaad
Superman certainly has a greater number of intelligence feats. He also created the Phantom Zone projector device used in "For Tomorrow", which created a paradise in the Phantom Zone. And we've gotten specific reference, post OYL, about how his cognitive abilities have improved -- thinking faster, better, etc.

psycho gundam
and surfer advanced a planet's race a billion years into their genetic future.....

--------------------

the answer to this depends on your definition of intelligence

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and surfer advanced a planet's race a billion years into their genetic future.....

that's just his power...not really intelligence.

psycho gundam
that's like saying you programmed an advanced piece of software, but it's not you who deserves the credit, but the programming language and tools you were given to create it.

Starscream M
that's like saying you programmed an advanced piece of software, but it's not you who deserves the credit, but the programming language and tools you were given to create it. well, what did he do exactly? I thought he just speeded up time?

Philosophía
Superman and it's not even close.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Really? Superman has them beat when it comes to processing and storing information clearly, but I'm definitely hesitant in agreeing with a large gap in intelligence. Was the device that made another world (The For Tomorrow arc) created purely by Superman from scratch or was their some existing Kryptonian tech to help him? That thing definitely overshadows anything I've scene the others built. Course that entire arc was like a shrine to Superman, but feats are feats.

The second place goes to Thor. At least based on feats of intelligence. Still, on average they operate on the same level.

I'm assuming intelligence is based on more scientific factors in this thread or the placements will have to be adjusted.

--------------------

the answer to this depends on your definition of intelligence

I think I'm going to agree with Starscream here -can't believe I just said that- unless someone presents evidence that says otherwise.

Desaad
Second place does not go to Thor. Don Blake, maybe, but not Thor.

basilisk
None of these guys are known for high intelligence. Superman used to be back the day when he had super intelligence. These days Batman does most of the thinking and Supes gets to be the muscle. I might still give him first place. Surfer, Thor, and WW all can be a bit dense at times.

As far as heralds go, wouldn't Majestic be one of the smarter ones?

Desaad
Originally posted by basilisk
None of these guys are known for high intelligence.

I think that's the point. If he added Reed Richards in here, the choice would be a fairly easy one.

He got it back in Up, Up and Away (OYL), and even before that he had sporadic bursts.

He's hardly the super genius he once was, but he is the king of this group, without a doubt.

Majestic is essentially a Pre-Crisis Superman (not in power, but in alienness and intelligence) so yeah, he'd be without a doubt the most intelligent on this list, and consistently so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.