Eli (Book of Eli) vs. John Rambo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Eli has to go through john to deliver his Book. Rambo was been hypnotized to see Eli as his ultimate enemy.

Who wins ?

Kaibs
Umm... Eli wouldn't die to anyone. If you don't know why then rewatch the movie. But he doesn't die if he has to deliver the book.

Rogue Jedi
Rambo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kaibs
Umm... Eli wouldn't die to anyone. If you don't know why then rewatch the movie. But he doesn't die if he has to deliver the book. He can still be defeated. In the movie the book was taken. no expression no expression no expression

Honestly, do you even watch these movies ?

Rogue Jedi
One C4 arrow and Eli is done.

Robtard
Eli can't lose when on a mission from God.

Rogue Jedi
So Rambo fires a C4 arrow at Eli, what, it bounces right off?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Eli can't lose when on a mission from God. He can lose, he will just survive to complete his mission.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
He can lose, he will just survive to complete his mission.

Yeah... so he loses yet wins. K.

Kaibs

He just said it. Obviously you don't watch the movies though. :/

quanchi112
Yeah... so he loses yet wins. K. He didn't defeat oldman's henchmen at the end. He was defeated yet survived and was later aided by the girl to complete his mission.

Rambo can beat him here but per eli's rules not die.

quanchi112
He just said it. Obviously you don't watch the movies though. :/ Read my post. I am usually right so get used to it.

Robtard
He didn't defeat oldman's henchmen at the end. He was defeated yet survived and was later aided by the girl to complete his mission.

Rambo can beat him here but per eli's rules not die.

So you made a thread where Eli can lose his book but doesn't die. IE you barfed up the film's plot in a thread.

Good show.

quanchi112
So you made a thread where Eli can lose his book but doesn't die. IE you barfed up the film's plot in a thread.

Good show. He can be wounded and lose. You don't have to kill someone to beat them. no expression

That's why this thread makes sense.

The point is to defeat the other in the movie he lost his Book.

Robtard
Yeah, no one argued Eli was invulnerable.

So per your rules Eli loses if he get's hurt? That happened in the film and to men far less capable than Rambo.

As I said, good show.

quanchi112

So per your rules Eli loses if he get's hurt? That happened in the film and to men far less capable than Rambo.

As I said, good show. You said this.

Eli can't lose when on a mission from God. Which is incorrect as I have stated and proven.

Can't lose means he can't lose any thread. In the movie he lost. smile

If eli falls on his ass and can't fight back just like he did in the movie he loses. As far as we know he will always survive long enough to carry out his mission this doesn't mean he puts down an entire army in combat.

Rambo can physically beat him or wound him but he has to leave him even when he can kill him but as per the thread that's a victory if he can pull it off.

You were just flat out wrong when you stumbled in here claiming he can't lose when in fact he lost in his own movie.

My thread makes perfect sense whereas you failed to even properly comprehend the movie.

Kaibs

As I said, good show.

QFT

quanchi112
QFT Eli loses if he's unable to fight back or passes out. What's so hard to understand here ?

Eli's never been unbeatable in combat only super skilled and unable to be killed prior to fulfilling his obligations.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
So Rambo fires a C4 arrow at Eli, what, it bounces right off? Ok, I for one disagree here. I think Eli was even more ridiculous than Rambo with his skill.

Rogue Jedi
Never said he wasn't.

quanchi112
Never said he wasn't. So you feel rambo wins based on his superior weaponry ?

Rogue Jedi
I feel that Rambo wins because he's one badass mofo. I can't see Eli tanking a C4 arrow, protection or not.

quanchi112
I feel that Rambo wins because he's one badass mofo. I can't see Eli tanking a C4 arrow, protection or not. The reason reason is superior weaponry since you admitted eli's skill seems far better. I think eli kills him pretty quickly. Most impressive scene to me out of any of these movies was Eli standing in the street and taking out guys on the roof, on the street, and wounding his arch enemy in the knee.

I feel that's more impressive than any rambo feat I can recall off hand. Although it has been a while since I last watched most of the rambos save the last one.

Rogue Jedi
The reason reason is superior weaponry since you admitted eli's skill seems far better. I think eli kills him pretty quickly. Most impressive scene to me out of any of these movies was Eli standing in the street and taking out guys on the roof, on the street, and wounding his arch enemy in the knee.

I feel that's more impressive than any rambo feat I can recall off hand. Although it has been a while since I last watched most of the rambos save the last one. No. Rambo's skill is on a whole different level than Eli's.

quanchi112
No. Rambo's skill is on a whole different level than Eli's. Then why did you agree with me here ?

Ok, I for one disagree here. I think Eli was even more ridiculous than Rambo with his skill. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Never said he wasn't.

Rogue Jedi
Then why did you agree with me here ? Shit, that was a MAJOR typo haermm

Robtard
You said this.

Which is incorrect as I have stated and proven.

Can't lose means he can't lose any thread. In the movie he lost. smile

If eli falls on his ass and can't fight back just like he did in the movie he loses. As far as we know he will always survive long enough to carry out his mission this doesn't mean he puts down an entire army in combat.

Rambo can physically beat him or wound him but he has to leave him even when he can kill him but as per the thread that's a victory if he can pull it off.

You were just flat out wrong when you stumbled in here claiming he can't lose when in fact he lost in his own movie.

My thread makes perfect sense whereas you failed to even properly comprehend the movie.

No, he didn't lose in the film. His goal was to secure that the knowledge of the bible wasn't lost with him; he succeeded. So what you said is wrong.

What you're doing is deciding what is a "loss" and making a thread where Eli can lose. Anyone can cater a thread to an outcome they seek; it serves no purpose except to troll; with your every increasing baiting attacks, it's clear that's what you are.

the ninjak
Rambo ain't stopping Eli from completing his mission.

quanchi112
No, he didn't lose in the film. His goal was to secure that the knowledge of the bible wasn't lost with him; he succeeded. So what you said is wrong.

What you're doing is deciding what is a "loss" and making a thread where Eli can lose. Anyone can cater a thread to an outcome they seek; it serves no purpose except to troll; with your every increasing baiting attacks, it's clear that's what you are. He lost in combat. His overall goal was still accomplished even though he lost the Book. This is about a combat situation where he can lose just like he did in the movie.

I am making a thread where eli can lose which he already has in the movie. I am not changing or taking anything away from the movie at all.

You were wrong in saying he can't lose. He can also even have his Book taken and still complete the mission so Rambo can beat him here.

A ko or Eli getting delirious and not being able to fight back is a win.

you arguing with me persistently is screwing up this thread because you are mad I corrected you and was 100 percent right. I mean don't you come here to debate why waste so much time moaning about a thread ?

Robtard
He lost in combat. His overall goal was still accomplished even though he lost the Book. This is about a combat situation where he can lose just like he did in the movie.

I am making a thread where eli can lose which he already has in the movie. I am not changing or taking anything away from the movie at all.

You were wrong in saying he can't lose. He can also even have his Book taken and still complete the mission so Rambo can beat him here.

A ko or Eli getting delirious and not being able to fight back is a win.

you arguing with me persistently is screwing up this thread because you are mad I corrected you and was 100 percent right. I mean don't you come here to debate why waste so much time moaning about a thread ?

Eli's goal wasn't to kick everyone's ass, it was to complete a task; he did that. Ergo he did not lose in the film. No matter what you say, Eli did not lose in the film. What happened in the film is greater than your opinions.

You're also blatantly lying in what I said and using a strawman. I said Eli can't lose in his "mission from God." Which is true, going by the film.

I was not wrong, Eli can't lose in completing his mission due to the God clause. He can lose in a scenario you specifically catered, but as I said, anyone can do that to any outcome they wish; it serves no purpose except to troll, which is what you're here for. Though you blew you wade early and let your intentions be known afte a couple of threads, so you ultimately failed in trolling. Enjoy your time here.

Badabing
Seeing as there are no henchmen who can capture a hot girl, Eli keeps the book and wins.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe the Bros kidnap the girl?

quanchi112
Eli's goal wasn't to kick everyone's ass, it was to complete a task; he did that. Ergo he did not lose in the film. No matter what you say, Eli did not lose in the film. What happened in the film is greater than your opinions.

You're also blatantly lying in what I said and using a strawman. I said Eli can't lose in his "mission from God." Which is true, going by the film.

I was not wrong, Eli can't lose in completing his mission due to the God clause. He can lose in a scenario you specifically catered, but as I said, anyone can do that to any outcome they wish; it serves no purpose except to troll, which is what you're here for. Though you blew you wade early and let your intentions be known afte a couple of threads, so you ultimately failed in trolling. Enjoy your time here. He lost in combat against oldman's army. he also lost the Book. He completed the task butu in combat he lost. Flat out he couldn't defeat them. You are trying to cover up me correcting you in this thread.

He can lose in combat which he did against oldman and his crew. He didn't die but then again didn't kill oldman and lost the Book.

LOL.

I didn't troll I made a thread you came in, trolled my thread, was incorrect about him not being able to lose in combat, and then came back because I pwned you.

Do I need to put up your quote again ?

Rogue Jedi
He lost in combat against oldman's army. he also lost the Book. He completed the task butu in combat he lost. Flat out he couldn't defeat them. You are trying to cover up me correcting you in this thread.

He can lose in combat which he did against oldman and his crew. He didn't die but then again didn't kill oldman and lost the Book.
Mhm.

quanchi112
Mhm. Imo robtard is mad at me because I made him live up to his name.

Rogue Jedi
Rob's a cool guy, you just rub him the wrong way.

marwash22
So Rambo fires a C4 arrow at Eli, what, it bounces right off? bullets bounced off.Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Rob's a cool guy, you just rub him the wrong way. pause.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by marwash22
bullets bounced off. pause. Bullets did NOT bounce off Eli. The shot that baldie made glanced off his backpack.

marwash22
Bullets did NOT bounce off Eli. The shot that baldie made glanced off his backpack. well, that's what i mean. I didn't mean to suggest Eli is bulletproof, but God's protection made it so the bullets wouldn't hit him while he had the book. So yeah, Rambo shoot an arrow... something funny is gonna happen to that arrow and it's not gonna connect.

Rogue Jedi
And if Rambo is right in his face and unloads with an M-60?

marwash22
And if Rambo is right in his face and unloads with an M-60? Rambo loses an arm?

Dude, I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm just going by what happened in the movie. You could put every droid in the SWU against Eli and based on what happened in the movie, if he has that book, they'd all miss when shooting at him.

Rogue Jedi
Well that's just not fair.

Robtard
He lost in combat against oldman's army. he also lost the Book. He completed the task butu in combat he lost. Flat out he couldn't defeat them. You are trying to cover up me correcting you in this thread.

LOL.

I didn't troll I made a thread you came in, trolled my thread, was incorrect about him not being able to lose in combat, and then came back because I pwned you.

Do I need to put up your quote again ?

You're a really, really bad at trolling. Not subtle at all.

I'll post what I actually said, not the strawman you're making about "losing in combat."

quanchi112
You're a really, really bad at trolling. Not subtle at all.

I'll post what I actually said, not the strawman you're making about "losing in combat." He can lose in combat he just won't be killed. I told you 5 posts ago please don't troll my thread anymore with crying about how much you hate it.

He did lose against oldman in combat but survived to complete his mission.

quanchi112
Rob's a cool guy, you just rub him the wrong way. Maybe though I doubt it.

Rogue Jedi
When Rob said "Eli can't lose when on a mission from God", I think he meant that Eli won in the end. The fact that he lost a battle doesn't take away the fact that he won the war.

quanchi112
When Rob said "Eli can't lose when on a mission from God", I think he meant that Eli won in the end. The fact that he lost a battle doesn't take away the fact that he won the war. Which I agreed with. He will succeed but that doesn't mean he puts down everyone he faces in a battle only that he will survive.

In this thread rambo can beat him just not kill him. That's a forum win.

Rogue Jedi
MVF fights, unless dictated otherwise, are always to the death.

Robtard
He can lose in combat he just won't be killed. I told you 5 posts ago please don't troll my thread anymore with crying about how much you hate it.

He did lose against oldman in combat but survived to complete his mission.

You're a fail-troll; using straw-man tactics is ridiculous and lazy, considering I only needed to post what I actually said to prove you wrong. Anyhow.

He didn't lose against Oldman either, it was implied Oldman was doomed at the end. Oldman lost all his power and his leg was going gangrene/infected ultimately due to being shot and death was coming. If anythingm he tied with Oldman. Get your "facts" straight.

Rogue Jedi
I kinda view Eli getting shot as a battle in the war. Oldman won that particular battle, but Eli won the war.

Rogue Jedi
Or not.

Robtard
I kinda view Eli getting shot as a battle in the war. Oldman won that particular battle, but Eli won the war.

Oldman was wounded as well; it was implied he was going to die from it, got a prize he couldn't use and lost all his power. I see no "win" for the man.

quanchi112
MVF fights, unless dictated otherwise, are always to the death. I dictated otherwise considering the unique circumstances here.

You're a fail-troll; using straw-man tactics is ridiculous and lazy, considering I only needed to post what I actually said to prove you wrong. Anyhow.

He didn't lose against Oldman either, it was implied Oldman was doomed at the end. Oldman lost all his power and his leg was going gangrene/infected ultimately due to being shot and death was coming. If anythingm he tied with Oldman. Get your "facts" straight. Insulting me is what people do when they get angry. Calm down.

In the short term he lost in the battle against oldman.

I mean it's like saying you and me battle. I won yet die a few weeks later while you carry on and outlive me. That doesn't change the fact I still beat you in combat.Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I kinda view Eli getting shot as a battle in the war. Oldman won that particular battle, but Eli won the war. Exactly. Rob really doesn't grasp logic at all here.

Rogue Jedi
Exactly. Rob really doesn't grasp logic at all here. No, he's a firm believer in that unwritten rule, I think, which is why I am confused about the love affair going on between you two.

quanchi112
No, he's a firm believer in that unwritten rule, I think, which is why I am confused about the love affair going on between you two. That unwritten rule doesn't even apply to all eli fights in his own movie. While eli has to survive this doesn't mean he wins all fights either.

Rogue Jedi
Whatever, I'm out. You guys kiss and be friends.

Robtard

Insulting me is what people do when they get angry. Calm down.

In the short term he lost in the battle against oldman.

I mean it's like saying you and me battle. I won yet die a few weeks later while you carry on and outlive me. That doesn't change the fact I still beat you in combat. Exactly.

Rob really doesn't grasp logic at all here.

More trolling, shocking.

Forever moving the goal-post are we, funny. Now Eli lost to Oldman in the "short term."

Oldman didn't win at all, period, no matter how you try and envision the film. A book he couldn't read/use, loss of power and a death sentence is all that he won, which isn't a win. Oldman was wounded and Eli was wounded later on; they both died from their wounds, Oldman's was implied.

Even more trolling, have fun.

Rogue Jedi
Man, that had to suck, dying the way Oldman. Septic knee and shit.

quanchi112
More trolling, shocking.

Forever moving the goal-post are we, funny. Now Eli lost to Oldman in the "short term."

Oldman didn't win at all, period, no matter how you try and envision the film. A book he couldn't read/use, loss of power and a death sentence is all that he won, which isn't a win. Oldman was wounded and Eli was wounded later on; they both died from their wounds, Oldman's was implied.

Even more trolling, have fun. Oldman and his army beat eli unless you think eli wanted to give the Book away and just lay there as he took the girl. Wow.

Oldman won the fight and later died because in the first fight eli wounded him which later caused him to die, more than likely. He lost everything he had in the end. But this isn't an entire movie this is a fight where we don't have to see what happens to rambo or eli just who wins as they face off.

Your logic states Eli wins every battle when even in his own movie he lost one and his Book. In the end eli can still lose his Book and accomplish his mission but he doesn't directly kill every last man in his path 100 percent of the time as I have already indicated.

Rogue jedi gets it and is being nice out of friendship to you but he's already said as much.

Rogue Jedi
Question. Was Eli's badassery God given, or stuff he learned along the way?

Robtard
Oldman and his army beat eli unless you think eli wanted to give the Book away and just lay there as he took the girl. Wow.

Oldman won the fight and later died because in the first fight eli wounded him which later caused him to die, more than likely. He lost everything he had in the end. But this isn't an entire movie this is a fight where we don't have to see what happens to rambo or eli just who wins as they face off.

Your logic states Eli wins every battle when even in his own movie he lost one and his Book. In the end eli can still lose his Book and accomplish his mission but he doesn't directly kill every last man in his path 100 percent of the time as I have already indicated.

Rogue jedi gets it and is being nice out of friendship to you but he's already said as much.

Trying the same failed strawman again and the page didn't flip yet, one need only look a few post above your post to see my actual quote. You're ridiculously bad at trolling.

quanchi112
Trying the same failed strawman again and the page didn't flip yet, one need only look a few post above your post to see my actual quote. You're ridiculously bad at trolling. You are ridiculously bad at debating. I am stating movie facts your idea of a thread is seeing the outcome of these characters ten weeks from now.

It's ok I see you can't even respond at this point and fall back on personal attacks when soundly defeated. To each his own, robbie.

Rogue Jedi
I guess Eli was down but not out?

quanchi112
I guess Eli was down but not out? Yes, defeated in the fight but managed to survive to carry out his task.

Rogue Jedi
I think Rob's point was that Eli had the book memorized, that it was brail and Oldman could not read it. Had Oldman somehow prevented Eli from finishing his task, then yeah, that's defeat.

quanchi112
I think Rob's point was that Eli had the book memorized, that it was brail and Oldman could not read it. Had Oldman somehow prevented Eli from finishing his task, then yeah, that's defeat. Yes, I understood what he thought but eli had no idea about oldman and only gave up the book because his new friend's life was threatened.

Oldman can't prevent is as rambo can't but defeat him in combat is definitely possible hence the thread.

Rogue Jedi
So, according to your OP, Rambo wants the book? Or does he want to kill Eli too?

Lestov16
Well that's just not fair.

Yeah. He literally has the power of "Plot Armor" big grin

quanchi112
So, according to your OP, Rambo wants the book? Or does he want to kill Eli too? Just to kill Eli.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.