Nightwing & Starfire vs Deathstroke & Blackfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lional
Takes place in Gotham.
Morals apply.
4 days of prep.
Standard equip for Tim and Wilson.

SamZED
No idea where Blackfire currently stands. Thought she's nowhere as tough as Kori (only in the show) So going with team 1.

PS: Tim is Nightwing these days?confused

tideoftime
Komand'r isn't on Kory's level anymore, last I checked (and really, she wasn't even during Classic TNTT: Kory edged her all the time; Kom got by due to her cunning and treachery).

I'll assume the OP is conjecturing Tim as NW, via the setting with Dick as BM (though that's kind of presumptuous, really).

In either case, Team 1 should win, primarily because of Starfire.

Konton
I guess you guys are having some history farts or something because Starfire's sister kicked her ass twice in her classic Titan's story arc. She out-blasted her and outmuscled her too. Komand'r had more exposure to the Psion's energy torture than Kory did so she canonically has more raw power. Komand'r also resurfaced in REBELS where she apparently gained the ability to fly and she still looked like she would have beat the snot out of Kory.

Team 2 takes it pretty handily.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Konton
I guess you guys are having some history farts or something because Starfire's sister kicked her ass twice in her classic Titan's story arc. She out-blasted her and outmuscled her too. Komand'r had more exposure to the Psion's energy torture than Kory did so she canonically has more raw power. Komand'r also resurfaced in REBELS where she apparently gained the ability to fly and she still looked like she would have beat the snot out of Kory.

Team 2 takes it pretty handily.

Uhhh... *no*...

I remember her story-arcs quite well, thank you.

For example: in their first battle, outside in the snow, in Annual #1, Kory was holding her own quite well, with each going back and forth, and Kom mentally commenting on how hard it was to deal with Kory -- and this was after Kory had been being tortured for days on end by Psions, and was entering the battle in a pretty F'd-up state. Later that same issue, in the "for the fate of the solar-system" battle, each showed they had comparable skills (as would be expected), but Kory was still superior, in terms of KMC standards, because she could fly (as Komand'r, being born with a birth-defect, could not). Kom's energy emission powers were only *nominally* better than Kory's -- her real advantages lay in her ruthlessness and guile.

The Kory of the past decade+ is orders of magnitude more powerful than she was then, and much stronger. Even taking into account later stories with Kom in them, there is nothing I am aware of (unless something happened in the past decade that somehow slipped under the radar) that indicates Kom should have anywhere near Kory's power/strength now. Kom's flying only helps balance the maneuverability field -- it doesn't change other factors.

Now, don't get me wrong -- Komand'r is one ruthless *****, and not somebody you'd want to go up against on a level playing field. But Kory always had the edge over Kom in *practical* terms -- Kom's main advantage over her sister was from Kory's (early) naivete and sense of family (even as she hated Kom for hurting her/her family, she still didn't want to see her *actually* dead, except when she (Kory) was in fits of rage) Kory also - due to her constant adventuring with the Titans - kept her skills and combat prowess sharper than Kom's (something Kom paraphrasingly though-bubbled on more than one occasion). In the above mentioned first battle, it became very clear that if Kory had been in prime shape (as opposed to being horribly tortured/in rough shape), she would have won against Kom -- not as a slam, certainly, and it would have taken time, but she would have won at least the majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.