Nabu & Mordru Vs Thanos & Void

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/762423-nabu_1_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/799712-mordru_21_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/92582-151425-thanos_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1220556-sentry001_large.jpg

quanchi112
Team 2, hard.

iceman24567
Team 1 stomps

MrMind
Originally posted by iceman24567
Team 1 stomps

Desaad
Team 1, handily.

Galan007
thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Desaad
Team 1, handily. Based on ?

thanos-prime
Team 1 easily.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ? im right, you're wrong.

Warlord
t1

iceman24567
Nabu by himself would give this team fits likely get a majority adding another magician around his level makes it a stomp in team ones favor

Black bolt z
Team 1 stomps.Quan has nothing.Thanos has not been upgraded.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
im right, you're wrong. If you're right then answering the question should be no problem whatsoever.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Team 1 stomps.Quan has nothing.Thanos has not been upgraded. Being unkillable, more powerful, and more durable is an upgrade, one uber one to boot.

Black bolt z
If you're right then answering the question should be no problem whatsoever.

Being unkillable, more powerful, and more durable is an upgrade, one uber one to boot. He's not unkillable,hes not more durable,and hes not more powerful.

You can't prove any of this.

quanchi112
He's not unkillable,hes not more durable,and hes not more powerful.

You can't prove any of this. His feats and actual statements from the comic say otherwise.

I already have but even statements from marvel employees and scans don't count to you anyways making a reasonable debate with you near impossible.

Black bolt z
His feats and actual statements from the comic say otherwise.

I already have but even statements from marvel employees and scans don't count to you anyways making a reasonable debate with you near impossible. He has feats that say otherwise.Anti matter killed him.

quanchi112
He has feats that say otherwise.Anti matter killed him. He returned. He is immune to death. That was also against a weaker Thanos by the character who negates Thanos' powers. smile

Black bolt z
He returned. He is immune to death. That was also against a weaker Thanos by the character who negates Thanos' powers. smile No hes not.feats say otherwise.And he wsn't that weakened.And it wasn't negated.

quanchi112
No hes not.feats say otherwise.And he wsn't that weakened.And it wasn't negated. He was weakened so in any event you agree with that.

Statements from the comic state word for word he is immune to death.

When you die you don't come back reborn atom by atom do you ? I mean you don't even know what death means.

Black bolt z
He was weakened so in any event you agree with that.

Statements from the comic state word for word he is immune to death.

When you die you don't come back reborn atom by atom do you ? I mean you don't even know what death means. Yes.Not very much.

And feats from the comic show he is not.

He died but came back.He is not immune to death.But he is immune to permanent death.

quanchi112
Yes.Not very much.

And feats from the comic show he is not.

He died but came back.He is not immune to death.But he is immune to permanent death. You still agree he was weakened, point quan.

He is immune to death itself. It was stated over and over again. You can't beat him by killing him.

Is it immune you don't understand or just death ?

bbrem123
ck is bringing the dead back right...where is void now?...should be back no?

Sirius77
Team 1.

basilisk
Team 1. Mordru alone at his best should be able to at least stalemate. Between Nabu and Mordru they can stop Thanos, and most likely with their abilities they can either imprison or destroy Thanos' soul after they defeat him, which makes his exile from Death's realm irrelevant. Void is harder to say given his more limited showings, but he would probably go down.

I just don't see team 2 having the right power set to win.

Philosophía
Team 1 stomps.

Lord Feron
T1 can contain or BFR T2. In Voids case BFR would be most likely.

celeyhyga17
Team 1 wins.
Void is the weak link.

Utrigita
Originally posted by iceman24567
Team 1 stomps

shokosugi
Nabu or Mordru solos team 1

MrMind
Originally posted by shokosugi
Nabu or Mordru solos team 1
solos team 2 you mean

basilisk
Originally posted by shokosugi
Nabu or Mordru solos team 1 It would be the only way team 2 would win smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by basilisk
Team 1. Mordru alone at his best should be able to at least stalemate. Between Nabu and Mordru they can stop Thanos, and most likely with their abilities they can either imprison or destroy Thanos' soul after they defeat him, which makes his exile from Death's realm irrelevant. Void is harder to say given his more limited showings, but he would probably go down.

I just don't see team 2 having the right power set to win. What does Thanos' soul have to do with anything his form is unkillable what's this have to do with his soul ?

Thanos can imprison Mordru with one forceblock shot imo.

iceman24567
It would be the only way team 2 would win smile laughing

basilisk
What does Thanos' soul have to do with anything his form is unkillable what's this have to do with his soul ?It means what it said. If someone has the power to manipulate, bind, or destroy souls then the problem of Death not accepting Thanos' soul if he is killed becomes irrelevant.

Thanos is just barred from Death's realm. He is not immune to being defeated by soul manipulation or to being completely annihilated, soul included, by sufficiently powerful cosmic/magic beings. He can still be made to cease to exist. It's not like this is anything new - we've seen on panel souls captured or completely destroyed at time of "death" and cease existence. In either case they do not go to any afterlife.

quanchi112
It means what it said. If someone has the power to manipulate, bind, or destroy souls then the problem of Death not accepting Thanos' soul if he is killed becomes irrelevant.

Thanos is just barred from Death's realm. He is not immune to being defeated by soul manipulation or to being completely annihilated, soul included, by sufficiently powerful cosmic/magic beings. He can still be made to cease to exist. It's not like this is anything new - we've seen on panel souls captured or completely destroyed at time of "death" and cease existence. In either case they do not go to any afterlife. It isn't Thanos' soul which is the problem it's his form which will reform.

He is immune to being completely annihilated. His form is indestructible as stated on panel and will reform atom by atom as his entire form was already completely annihilated.

You haven't read thanos imperative if you just claimed being completely annihilated will stop him since it already hasn't on panel.

basilisk
It isn't Thanos' soul which is the problem it's his form which will reform.

He is immune to being completely annihilated. His form is indestructible as stated on panel and will reform atom by atom as his entire form was already completely annihilated.

You haven't read thanos imperative if you just claimed being completely annihilated will stop him since it already hasn't on panel. That's completely missing the point. Annihilating something with antimatter obviously isn't going to destroy its soul - antimatter is just an attack on the physical plane.

Thanos was just barred from having his soul go to Death's realm so he continues to return to life (much like too many other characters these days). A non-physical attack to that destroyed the soul has nothing to do with any of that. If a high order cosmic/magic being destroys his soul then that's that, it would be the end of him. Even if his body did reform there would be no soul left to inhabit it.

Beings which have their souls destroyed (or captured) bypass any business with Death. Thanos is not immune to that.

quanchi112
That's completely missing the point. Annihilating something with antimatter obviously isn't going to destroy its soul - antimatter is just an attack on the physical plane.

Thanos was just barred from having his soul go to Death's realm so he continues to return to life (much like too many other characters these days). A non-physical attack to that destroyed the soul has nothing to do with any of that. If a high order cosmic/magic being destroys his soul then that's that, it would be the end of him. Even if his body did reform there would be no soul left to inhabit it.

Beings which have their souls destroyed (or captured) bypass any business with Death. Thanos is not immune to that. His soul has nothing to do with the fact his form is indestructible.

Thanos' form is indestructible this has nothing to do with his soul either.

Thanos is immune to death on the physical plane all stated on panel.

quanchi112
Here.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/TI_4_Headshot_CPS_023.jpg

basilisk
His soul has nothing to do with the fact his form is indestructible.Probably not. We are given no clue as to the mechanics of how it is achieved, but it doesn't really matter.

Thanos' form is indestructible this has nothing to do with his soul either. Again, possibly correct.

But neither are relevant anyway. His form may be indestructible, but if there is no soul left to inhabit it then it is about as useful as the Destroyer armor with nobody in it.

Thanos is immune to death on the physical plane all stated on panel. He says Death has "rejected" him and he "never return" to her side. So his soul cannot pass over to her at death. But there are other ways to end existence. This is why characters have been shown to fear destruction of their soul - because rather than dying and going to Death's realm it means total oblivion, a fate Thanos can still suffer.

None of this rules out destruction or capture of his soul by sufficiently powerful beings with that ability.

Deadline
Nabu and Mordru win.

quanchi112
Probably not. We are given no clue as to the mechanics of how it is achieved, but it doesn't really matter.

Again, possibly correct.

But neither are relevant anyway. His form may be indestructible, but if there is no soul left to inhabit it then it is about as useful as the Destroyer armor with nobody in it.

He says Death has "rejected" him and he "never return" to her side. So his soul cannot pass over to her at death. But there are other ways to end existence. This is why characters have been shown to fear destruction of their soul - because rather than dying and going to Death's realm it means total oblivion, a fate Thanos can still suffer.

None of this rules out destruction or capture of his soul by sufficiently powerful beings with that ability. Glad you agree.

You need to prove his soul can be tampered with you just can't make unsupported claims and expect me to disprove then the burden is on you to prove them when asked then I will respond.

His soul has nothing to do with the fact his form is indestructible and even if someone's soul doesn't pass on they don't typically reform atom by atom.

Soul was never mentioned on panel. Not one time.

basilisk
His soul has nothing to do with the fact his form is indestructible and even if someone's soul doesn't pass on they don't typically reform atom by atom.Yes, this wasn't specified one way or the other but as I said it isn't relevant here.

You need to prove his soul can be tampered with you just can't make unsupported claims and expect me to disprove then the burden is on you to prove them when asked then I will respond.

Soul was never mentioned on panel. Not one time. Huh? You just said yourself that the soul was not mentioned once in the upgrade. Therefore there is no reason to believe his soul is any different to what it was before.

quanchi112
Yes, this wasn't specified one way or the other but as I said it isn't relevant here.

Huh? You just said yourself that the soul was not mentioned once in the upgrade. Therefore there is no reason to believe his soul is any different to what it was before. No, you are wrong his soul was never mentioned and the soul not having access to any particular death realm doesn't mean your body completely reforms. You are wrong.

Then prove Thanos can have his soul easily tampered with. You just made an entire argument with nothing to support it and were completely uninformed earlier sating he can be completely annihilated when in fact that's already happened and didn't stop him.

basilisk
No, you are wrong his soul was never mentioned and the soul not having access to any particular death realm doesn't mean your body completely reforms. You are wrong.I didn't say that it did mean that.

Then prove Thanos can have his soul easily tampered with. You just made an entire argument with nothing to support it and were completely uninformed earlier sating he can be completely annihilated when in fact that's already happened and didn't stop him. I never said it could be "easily" tampered with. I said sufficiently powerful cosmic/magic entities with that ability could probably do it. We are dealing with Nabu and Mordru here not David Blaine and Mandrake the Magician.

In that instance his body was completely annihilated, not his soul. Do you honestly believe that an antimatter grenade would destroy someone's soul?

You're stating stuff I never said and which isn't relevant. I didn't even raise the antimatter thing because it has nothing to do with what I was saying in the first place. I was not talking about a physical plane attack at all.

Anyway, even if you don't like all this it's not like the fight hinges on it in any way. It was just one possible strategy. Team 2 just don't have the power to win it.

kevdude
Nabu and Mordru would win..

quanchi112
I didn't say that it did mean that.

I never said it could be "easily" tampered with. I said sufficiently powerful cosmic/magic entities with that ability could probably do it. We are dealing with Nabu and Mordru here not David Blaine and Mandrake the Magician.

In that instance his body was completely annihilated, not his soul. Do you honestly believe that an antimatter grenade would destroy someone's soul?

You're stating stuff I never said and which isn't relevant. I didn't even raise the antimatter thing because it has nothing to do with what I was saying in the first place. I was not talking about a physical plane attack at all.

Anyway, even if you don't like all this it's not like the fight hinges on it in any way. It was just one possible strategy. Team 2 just don't have the power to win it. Ok, then you really don't have a point then.

Yes, I am familiar with both characters here. I place them both as beneath Odin level. I mean Odin can tamper with Thor's soul right yet he can't tamper with Thanos' ? Same with Galactus and the silver surfer.

No, I don't believe it would destroy anyone's soul only their body but his soul had nothing to do with his body being indestructible.

Team 2 has more than enough power to do so. I don't see anything team 1 can do to stop either character before they are both defeated.

Black bolt z
Either on team 1 solo.

quanchi112
Either on team 1 solo. How ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.