What If They Continued Fighting: Odin Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteWitchKing
So what if this fight had continued fighting? What would have been the outcome had Beta Ray Bill and Lady Sif not intervened between Odin and Thanos? This is the same Thanos and Odin during Blood & Thunder after Thanos had gotten on his feet again. Who would be the victor?

Fight ends with death, KO, or do they stalemate for an eternity?

quanchi112
Thanos would have won.

Black bolt z
Bait thread.

But Odin would have stomped.

thanos-prime
Thanos would have been killed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Thanos would have been killed. How ?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos would have won.

And in that fight with Odin, which page leads you to your conclusion that Thanos could harm Odin?

I see Thanos would struggling to get up.
I see his armor torn.
I see two of his ally knocked out the entire fight and the rest ran.
I see Thanos getting backed handed by Odin.
I see Thanos getting blasted into a castle.
I see Thanos punching some rocks that not really Odin.
I see Thanos try to imprison Odin like he did Thor and failing.
I see Thanos struggling to get to Odin's spear only to be dragged into the air and smashed into the ground.
I see Odin still standing while Thanos is on his face.
I see Odin allowing Thanos to stand on his feet and a chance to give up.
I see Thanos refusing and wanting to continue.

But I don't see Thanos doing a damn thing to Odin that would even harm him had the fight continued. What do you see that the rest of us don't? Please show scans as your imagination doesn't count.

Black bolt z
How ? Odin was already stomping him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
And in that fight with Odin, which page leads you to your conclusion that Thanos could harm Odin?

I see Thanos would struggling to get up.
I see his armor torn.
I see two of his ally knocked out the entire fight and the rest ran.
I see Thanos getting backed handed by Odin.
I see Thanos getting blasted into a castle.
I see Thanos punching some rocks that not really Odin.
I see Thanos try to imprison Odin like he did Thor and failing.
I see Thanos struggling to get to Odin's spear only to be dragged into the air and smashed into the ground.
I see Odin still standing while Thanos is on his face.
I see Odin allowing Thanos to stand on his feet and a chance to give up.
I see Thanos refusing and wanting to continue.

But I don't see Thanos doing a damn thing to Odin that would even harm him had the fight continued. What do you see that the rest of us don't? Please show scans as your imagination doesn't count. Shields.

Changing tactics, getting serious. Originally posted by Black bolt z
Odin was already stomping him. Odin's words beg to differ.

Stall_19
How ?

By not receiving much damage and battering Thanos like he did to that point.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stall_19
By not receiving much damage and battering Thanos like he did to that point. Thanos wasn't trying to kill Odin if his life was ever threatened he would have went all out like Odin was doing.

Black bolt z
Shields.

Changing tactics, getting serious. Odin's words beg to differ. Which he shreds.

Changing wouldn't work.And he wouldn't have done it.

Thanos's do.And Odins don't.Thanos said Odin defeated him.Provide proof as to how Odin would have won.SHow thanos beating someone on Odin level.And mar-vell is not odin level.And he didn't beat him.And Maker was vulnerable.And PG thor wasn't odin level.I just destroyed anything you were going to say.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Which he shreds.

Changing wouldn't work.And he wouldn't have done it.

Thanos's do.And Odins don't.Thanos said Odin defeated him.Provide proof as to how Odin would have won.SHow thanos beating someone on Odin level.And mar-vell is not odin level.And he didn't beat him.And Maker was vulnerable.And PG thor wasn't odin level.I just destroyed anything you were going to say. Galactus couldn't without losing vital energy so someone far weaker gets far weaker than Galactus who was well nourished.

Yes, they would have.

That was a clone. You haven't a clue.

Black bolt z
Galactus couldn't without losing vital energy so someone far weaker gets far weaker than Galactus who was well nourished.

Yes, they would have.

That was a clone. You haven't a clue. Trans's destroy them.Odin shreds them.

No he wouldn't have.He was intent on trying to go brick on him.ANd changing stil wouldn't have done anything.

Prove it.

Silent Master
Odin in a stomp

WhiteWitchKing
Shields.

Hiding behind a shield? That worked with Champion because he doesn't have range attacks. Odin's not going to stand there and continuing blasting on shields if he can't crack it after several attempts. Thanos needs his shield down to attack as well.

And how match shielding would there be if Odin burns all of Thanos' clothes and tech off?

And that tactic would be? Getting serious doesn't mean anything. He failed to move Odin at every attempt during the battle.

Basically getting serious is a power up and proof he'd beat Odin? Are you really this dumb? Seriously? Are you? That's not proof.

? And Thanos was afraid to fight Lunatic and Hulk. What's your point? This is proof that Thanos would some how make a miraculous turn around of the fight and beat Odin when he never even harmed Odin in any way?

Thanos is going to win by getting serious and hiding behind his shield. WTF?

WhiteWitchKing
Thanos wasn't trying to kill Odin if his life was ever threatened he would have went all out like Odin was doing.

Yes, Thanos is going to beat Odin by getting serious and hiding behind his shield.

Eureka! Solid proof that thar is.

Black bolt z
Why can't I own quan like WWK?

Stall_19
Thanos wasn't trying to kill Odin if his life was ever threatened he would have went all out like Odin was doing.

BS, Thanos wouldn't let himself get beatdown like that if he were more powerful than Odin. True Thanos original intent was not to battle Odin but once called Surfer to join him in battle he was going all out. Nothing about that fight leads me to believe that Thanos wasn't going all out. And nothing in that fight leads me to believe that Thanos would have won. Thanos was noticeably hurt and Odin wasn't, case closed for me.

quanchi112
Trans's destroy them.Odin shreds them.

No he wouldn't have.He was intent on trying to go brick on him.ANd changing stil wouldn't have done anything.

Prove it. Destroy who ?

Changing tactics would have definitely worked and I showed it draining someone vastly more powerful.

I am amused at you asking for proof with something so obvious.
Hiding behind a shield? That worked with Champion because he doesn't have range attacks. Odin's not going to stand there and continuing blasting on shields if he can't crack it after several attempts. Thanos needs his shield down to attack as well.

And how match shielding would there be if Odin burns all of Thanos' clothes and tech off?

And that tactic would be? Getting serious doesn't mean anything. He failed to move Odin at every attempt during the battle.

Basically getting serious is a power up and proof he'd beat Odin? Are you really this dumb? Seriously? Are you? That's not proof.

? And Thanos was afraid to fight Lunatic and Hulk. What's your point? This is proof that Thanos would some how make a miraculous turn around of the fight and beat Odin when he never even harmed Odin in any way?

Thanos is going to win by getting serious and hiding behind his shield. WTF? That's his tech. I call bringing a weapon to the fight an act of cowardice while hiding behind his army. Odin was fresh as a daisy Thanos wasn't.

Thanos wasn't there to defeat odin and while Odin was Thanos wasn't. Had his life been threatened he would have used tech and even without tech was still running through blasts of Odin's.

Thanos has fought against the Hulk. I mean do you read these comics ? Odin respected Thanos. All right on panel. smile

Black bolt z
Destroy who ?

Changing tactics would have definitely worked and I showed it draining someone vastly more powerful.

I am amused at you asking for proof with something so obvious.
That's his tech. I call bringing a weapon to the fight an act of cowardice while hiding behind his army. Odin was fresh as a daisy Thanos wasn't.

Thanos wasn't there to defeat odin and while Odin was Thanos wasn't. Had his life been threatened he would have used tech and even without tech was still running through blasts of Odin's.

Thanos has fought against the Hulk. I mean do you read these comics ? Odin respected Thanos. All right on panel. smile PG thor destroyed his shields.

No it wouldn't have.Nothing he would have done would have worked and you have no proof.SHow him changing tactics in the middle of a battle.

Prove.It.

quanchi112
BS, Thanos wouldn't let himself get beatdown like that if he were more powerful than Odin. True Thanos original intent was not to battle Odin but once called Surfer to join him in battle he was going all out. Nothing about that fight leads me to believe that Thanos wasn't going all out. And nothing in that fight leads me to believe that Thanos would have won. Thanos was noticeably hurt and Odin wasn't, case closed for me. There's nothing to lead you to believe he was because his life was never threatened. he disputed Odin's power superiority but didn't against Galactus. Thanos knew he could take his best he's far smarter than Odin.

PG thor destroyed his shields.

No it wouldn't have.Nothing he would have done would have worked and you have no proof.SHow him changing tactics in the middle of a battle.

Prove.It. Different shields. Best of their abilities.

Using a shield drains the odinforce which already drained a well nourished far more powerful galactus. Thanos stomps him with the shields imo.

Prove what ?

MrMind
thanos would get his head stomped in the ground

quanchi112
Originally posted by MrMind
thanos would get his head stomped in the ground Based on what though ?

Black bolt z
There's nothing to lead you to believe he was because his life was never threatened. he disputed Odin's power superiority but didn't against Galactus. Thanos knew he could take his best he's far smarter than Odin.

Different shields. Best of their abilities.

Using a shield drains the odinforce which already drained a well nourished far more powerful galactus. Thanos stomps him with the shields imo.

Prove what ? No not best of abilities.Average showings.

No he doesn't.Your opinion is wrong.As shown on panel.

Prove it.

Stall_19
There's nothing to lead you to believe he was because his life was never threatened. he disputed Odin's power superiority but didn't against Galactus.

And he proved his superiority by getting his ass kicked?

WhiteWitchKing
That's his tech. I call bringing a weapon to the fight an act of cowardice while hiding behind his army. Odin was fresh as a daisy Thanos wasn't.

Thank you. Odin was fresh as a daisy and ready to fight while Thanos wasn't. Thanos brought his tech like force prism so Odin decided to bring in his our weapon. Both had equal chance and Thanos ended up face down.

And if that fight continued, Thanos would continued to run into Odin's attacks and getting knocked to the ground is what you're saying. I see.

Yeah, Thanos fought Odin and failed to even move him. Now you're admitting that Thanos needs to hide behind his shield and get serious for a miraculous turnaround based on nothing indicative of the entire fight they were having!

Well, if Thanos is going to bring in his tech shield, then it would only make sense for Odin bring in his Odinsword, power scepter, or tap into Asgard to amp himself further.

You do recall Thanos using that force block tech right? If was only fair Odin brought in Gungnir.

quanchi112
No not best of abilities.Average showings.

No he doesn't.Your opinion is wrong.As shown on panel.

Prove it.
Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability

Rules is rules.

I backed my opinion with a showing on panel and since we use the best of their abilities we use his best shield showings.

I said what meaning prove what ? It isn't an answer.

quanchi112
And he proved his superiority by getting his ass kicked? He wasn't there to defeat Odin. Odin respected him and thor was saved so Thanos got what he wanted.

Black bolt z
Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability

Rules is rules.

I backed my opinion with a showing on panel and since we use the best of their abilities we use his best shield showings.

I said what meaning prove what ? It isn't an answer. Yes.We use average showings wink

Prove it.

MrMind
Based on what though ?
based on the fact that thanos was getting his ass kicked

quanchi112
Thank you. Odin was fresh as a daisy and ready to fight while Thanos wasn't. Thanos brought his tech like force prism so Odin decided to bring in his our weapon. Both had equal chance and Thanos ended up face down.

And if that fight continued, Thanos would continued to run into Odin's attacks and getting knocked to the ground is what you're saying. I see.

Yeah, Thanos fought Odin and failed to even move him. Now you're admitting that Thanos needs to hide behind his shield and get serious for a miraculous turnaround based on nothing indicative of the entire fight they were having!

Well, if Thanos is going to bring in his tech shield, then it would only make sense for Odin bring in his Odinsword, power scepter, or tap into Asgard to amp himself further.

You do recall Thanos using that force block tech right? If was only fair Odin brought in Gungnir. Thanos' tech is always on him Odin summoned a weapon because imo he doubted himself and was just desperate.

Thanos would have used shields and drained Odin.

Thanos did move him and Odin didn't defeat him.

Odin would need his odinsword and I am glad you agree. You really don't even think Odin can win without his sword which shows you kinda agree wit me and are being stubborn.

Thanos didn't use his shielding though which really weakens his opponents like Galactus. Thanos still took his best with no shielding.

The Nuul
How many Odin vs Thanos threads do we need? Either way the result is the same, Thanos losing again.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MrMind
based on the fact that thanos was getting his ass kicked He was losing but was in no real danger and didn't even go there to fight Odin or use his shields.

Stall_19
He wasn't there to defeat Odin. Odin respected him and thor was saved so Thanos got what he wanted.

So he fought Odin but wasn't trying to defeat him? That makes no sense. Yes he originally didn't go to Asgard to fight Odin but once he motioned the Surfer to begin combat I believe he was going all out.

And if he was more powerful than Odin then why did he have Surfer attacked Odin with him?

quanchi112
So he fought Odin but wasn't trying to defeat him? That makes no sense. Yes he originally didn't go to Asgard to fight Odin but once he motioned the Surfer to begin combat I believe he was going all out.

And if he was more powerful than Odin then why did he have Surfer attacked Odin with him? Defeat or beat into submission yes. He wasn't trying to kill him they went there for his aid in curing Thor if you recall.

He wanted to beat him into submission as soon as possible. It's like saying why did windu take all those jedi with him when trying to abduct sidious....windu still later defeated him.

WhiteWitchKing
Thanos' tech is always on him Odin summoned a weapon because imo he doubted himself and was just desperate.

Tech is always on Thanos because he's afraid he'll getting beat up without it. That's why he carries it around. He lacks that kind of power so he brings it with him all the time - like Batman.

The coward here is the coward that carries shielding and teleportation tech all the time. That coward is named Thanos.

So if Odin decides not to attack and just stands there and only attack Thanos at the exact time Thanos lowers his shield to attack Odin, how much power is going to be drained from Odin then?

He put his hands up once and this is your evidence?

Basically the Thanos fanboy has nothing to show for Thanos really except the one time where Odin put his hands up? Really? This is how your consider yourself a better debater than me?

Who hit the ground atleast 3 times again? I recall Thanos.

I'm glad you're once again admitting Thanos would have hide behind his shield and wait for Odin to deplete his energies for Thanos to beat a weakened skyfather. That or he could try and poison Odin again like his clone did.

According to you:
- Thanos is a coward that needs to carry tech around all the time so he can hide from opponents until they've weakened themselves.
- Thanos needs Odin to deplete his powers on those shields for Thanos to beat Odin

quanchi112
Tech is always on Thanos because he's afraid he'll getting beat up without it. That's why he carries it around. He lacks that kind of power so he brings it with him all the time - like Batman.

The coward here is the coward that carries shielding and teleportation tech all the time. That coward is named Thanos.

So if Odin decides not to attack and just stands there and only attack Thanos at the exact time Thanos lowers his shield to attack Odin, how much power is going to be drained from Odin then?

He put his hands up once and this is your evidence?

Basically the Thanos fanboy has nothing to show for Thanos really except the one time where Odin put his hands up? Really? This is how your consider yourself a better debater than me?

Who hit the ground atleast 3 times again? I recall Thanos.

I'm glad you're once again admitting Thanos would have hide behind his shield and wait for Odin to deplete his energies for Thanos to beat a weakened skyfather. That or he could try and poison Odin again like his clone did.

According to you:
- Thanos is a coward that needs to carry tech around all the time so he can hide from opponents until they've weakened themselves.
- Thanos needs Odin to deplete his powers on those shields for Thanos to beat Odin Tech is a part of his powers but I guess you feel characters who rely on tech are wimps I don't share your thoughts.

Thanos didn't use shielding against Odin. so you think he was brave against Odin.

Thanos can attack him behind his shields. LOL.

Reread the entire fight I mean Thanos wasn't damaged until he ran through his blasts. Not once at all.

I don't need to show anything else. Odin was trying to kill him and failed to do so. Odin respected him and Thanos didn't even use his shields. Odin just managed to burn his clothes. LOL.

Using a shield is intelligent but you can feel it's cowardly you already feel any majority is always right so your thoughts are a little skewed.

Odin needs to sleep all the time to recoup his powers I feel that's a weakness Thanos can exploit since thanos doesn't need to take naps for his powers.

iceman24567
Odin would have cut Thanos in half and be done with him that version of Thanos had no way of matching Odin power for power

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Odin would have cut Thanos in half and be done with him that version of Thanos had no way of matching Odin power for power Speculation--contradicted by the comic itself.

WhiteWitchKing
Speculation--contradicted by the comic itself.

Not really because you admit that Thanos needs his tech weapons like shield to hide from Odin. You're contradicting yourself.

Stall_19
Defeat or beat into submission yes. He wasn't trying to kill him they went there for his aid in curing Thor if you recall.

So you're arguing that Thanos was trying to defeat him but wasn't trying to kill him so he was holding back? But here's the thing....Thanos barely hurt him. Odin showed little to no damage at the end of the fight. I find it more likely Thanos went all out and couldn't hurt Odin rather than he miscalculated Odin's power and went too easy on him. Odin is pretty much a known quantity.

And I also think that Odin didn't intend to kill Thanos either as he A. allowed him to stand at the and end of the battle and B. Gave him a chance to surrender.

He wanted to beat him into submission as soon as possible. It's like saying why did windu take all those jedi with him when trying to abduct sidious....windu still later defeated him.

Okay, good point.

iceman24567
Not really because you admit that Thanos needs his tech weapons like shield to hide from Odin. You're contradicting yourself. Even with his shields Odin rips Thanos a new one the fight pretty much proves that Odin is more powerful and we should all praise Odin for being so humble and not killing the silly villain

quanchi112
So you're arguing that Thanos was trying to defeat him but wasn't trying to kill him so he was holding back? But here's the thing....Thanos barely hurt him. Odin showed little to no damage at the end of the fight. I find it more likely Thanos went all out and couldn't hurt Odin rather than he miscalculated Odin's power and went too easy on him. Odin is pretty much a known quantity.

And I also think that Odin didn't intend to kill Thanos either as he A. allowed him to stand at the and end of the battle and B. Gave him a chance to surrender.

Okay, good point. Thanos only took damage during the gungir blast it was a pretty even fight before hand.

No, Odin already thought he was dead or beaten and as respect for him gave him the chance to yield after he realized he wasn't defeated.

Silent Master
Originally posted by iceman24567
Even with his shields Odin rips Thanos a new one the fight pretty much proves that Odin is more powerful and we should all praise Odin for being so humble and not killing the silly villain

Shields require energy, last I checked; Odin can absorb energy.

smile

CosmicComet
The geezer's tired old bones would have gave in eventually.

Fighting at full strength for days on end is really a young Skyfather's game.

Go home and have Sif massage your liverspots old man.

quanchi112
Not really because you admit that Thanos needs his tech weapons like shield to hide from Odin. You're contradicting yourself. Those are his powers. For Thanos to stomp him he does need to use his powers. I mean who doesn't ?

iceman24567
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The geezer's tired old bones would have gave in eventually.

Fighting at full strength for days on end is really a young Skyfather's game.

Go home and have Sif massage your liverspots old man. Wasn't he at home when Thanos fought him anyways he could just absorb more energy

CosmicComet
twas joking dawg

iceman24567
Originally posted by CosmicComet
twas joking dawg I know just saying bro

psycho gundam
odin

WhiteWitchKing
Thanos only took damage during the gungir blast it was a pretty even fight before hand.

You mean when he was slapped away by Odin and then used his tech to imprison Odin in a desperate attempt and failed? Then Odin decided to bring his own weapon in and own Thanos yet again? I see your point now!

So now Odin beat Thanos into the ground badly enough that he thought Thanos was dead? Then with all the respect Odin gave, Odin even gave Thanos a chance to give up after he realized Thanos was still alive? But wait? I thought you said he wanted to kill Thanos but now he's giving Thanos a chance to give up? WTF? Hahaha Odin gave his so worthy foe a chance to give up before continuing the beat down. I get it. Thanos needs Odin's mercy, not the other way around.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin would have put his Gugnir through his head. F*ck Quan and his delusions about it being a stalemate.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin would have put his Gugnir through his head. F*ck Quan and his delusions about it being a stalemate. He thinks Thanos would have won.SOmeone else talk sense into him.I get a headache after 10 min.

WhiteWitchKing
He thinks Thanos would have won.SOmeone else talk sense into him.I get a headache after 10 min.

There's no one who can talk some sense into him. We're here to make fun of his ridiculous claims that's all. If you think any here is trying to reason with him, you're totally wrong. We like to debate him for fun so he can present his fan boy logic. The goal is how to put him in a position where he'll provide the most irrational logic for Thanos winning.

So far, he's admitting that Thanos' strategy would be to hide behind his shield and wait it out for Odin to deplete his energy so Thanos could defeat a weakened Odin. And that's proof that Thanos is skyfather level. The other part we're to believe is that Thanos' tech is a part of his power and not a weapon whereas Gungnir is a weapon and not a power of Odin despite being enchanted by Odin's power. Yes, this is what were are to believe. By far one of the most ridiculous posters here. The guy is on the level of stormfront when he backs his favorite character. lol

quanchi112
You mean when he was slapped away by Odin and then used his tech to imprison Odin in a desperate attempt and failed? Then Odin decided to bring his own weapon in and own Thanos yet again? I see your point now!

So now Odin beat Thanos into the ground badly enough that he thought Thanos was dead? Then with all the respect Odin gave, Odin even gave Thanos a chance to give up after he realized Thanos was still alive? But wait? I thought you said he wanted to kill Thanos but now he's giving Thanos a chance to give up? WTF? Hahaha Odin gave his so worthy foe a chance to give up before continuing the beat down. I get it. Thanos needs Odin's mercy, not the other way around. Thanos used his tech which he is allowed as Odin is allowed to bring a weapon. Thanos didn't bring his best tech he uses all the time in fights and took on an all out Odin.

Odin's intentions were to kill or defeat him but having seen his resolve as a warrior discovering this he gave him the chance to surrender. Is it really that hard to grasp this ?

Slaps myself. It's wwk I am typing to.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin would have put his Gugnir through his head. F*ck Quan and his delusions about it being a stalemate. The bio and the comic agree with me.

Black bolt z
Quan nothing agrees with you. You are always wrong on all accounts as you never provide proof.

Next.

quanchi112
Quan nothing agrees with you. You are always wrong on all accounts as you never provide proof.

Next. I have provided proof with everything I have stated. I backed up when you claimed Odin never wanted him dead, backed up proof various times with Galactus depleting vital energies against his shields, etc.

Thanos would have won. Thanos already fought Odin's game and still stalemated him.

-Pr-
Odin was winning and even for someone like me, it was made quite clear that he had the upper hand.

Closing what is an obvious bait thread, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.