Guitar Bridge question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
I play a lefty Eastwood Hi-Flyer. Now this was one of the first editions so instead of the standard Tune-O-Matic Bridge, it has one with rollers. The tuning was always perfect and the strings never broke no matter how much I abused the Jazzmaster-style floating trem or any other part of the guitar.
Now, the way this bridge works is that every individual saddle is held on by a tiny screw with no spring or anything and the strings basically sit on top of little wheels that as far as I know, is the reason I can bend the shit out of the strings and absolutely massacre the trem like Thurston Moore and they never go out of tune or break. at one point recently, the three top string saddles just loosened and flew off! So I couldn't find them in my room and got a regular tune-o-matic as a replacement. Only to find the saddles.
So here's my question. For tuning, rough playing, etc., what would be better, having the saddles put back on and playing like always played or putting on the new, traditional tune-o-matic bridge without the rollers? If I have the more stable traditional bridge on, am I still gonna be able to play as rough?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.