Firelord vs Ghostrider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules..........

guy222
which rider

in the future, autolycus and firelord had a lil tussle

who is autolycus....he's the future spirit of vengeance

CosmicComet
Who has the Penance Stare failed to work on in the past?

Was it simply a low showing when it happened?

King Castle
no, it wasnt a low showing. it's just the penance stare has certain requirements.

one the person has to feel bad for what they've done and buried it...

two the character has to have a weaken pain/mental tolerance.

if they are missing these the guy can tank it and dismiss the pain as in they have already felt worse in life and in death and the pain of a few ppl even a couple 100 doesnt add up to much.

Wolverine has stated he never killed anyone that didnt deserve it and were "innocent".

iirc he also stated he has already bn through hell and felt worse..

then he plunged his claws into Ghostrider and both were momentarily ko'ed...

Hellgate also was a human with some cybernetic implants who lusted for power and was a millionaire who had done a lot of bad stuff to get ahead.

Ghostrider tried the stare on him forcing him to feel all the pain he had caused ppl the dude held in his scream and ghostrider dropped him and Hellgate muttered he wanted his power and stood back up..

all the penance stare did was shake him up a bit...

then you got venom although the penance stare kinda work ,it was reduced in effectiveness by the suit.. the suit didnt like it caused a feedback which knocked out ghostrider these are old examples,... i am sure you can find others..

iirc there was at least one example where it completely didnt work b/c he tried it on an innocent person..

Stoic
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Who has the Penance Stare failed to work on in the past?

Was it simply a low showing when it happened?

Venom resisted it, and tore Rider Ketches Skull off. ref; Spirits of vengeance arc.

Mindset
Originally posted by King Castle

one the person has to feel bad for what they've done and buried it...

two the character has to have a weaken pain/mental tolerance.

Neither one of those are true.

King Castle
prove me wrong make an argument cite examples of that not being the case...

Mindset
prove me wrong make an argument cite examples of that not being the case... It has worked on a demon and it has worked on Dr. Strange.

King Castle
guilt and different pain tolerance..

neither of your examples refutes anything i said i am fully aware who GR has done penance stare and when it has failed..

chomperx9
forum rules.......... whats that confused

Mindset
guilt and different pain tolerance..

neither of your examples refutes anything i said i am fully aware who GR has done penance stare and when it has failed.. Lol wut.

DS doesn't have weak mental or pain tolerance.

And the demon didn't have guilt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.