Alex Mercer vs Tekkenverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
Alex has all abilities/upgrades and he goes up against everyone from Tekken except for Jinpachi, Azazael, Ogre and Devil.

NemeBro
Alex Mercer tears through Tekkenverse, and with every person he eats he will grow stronger and become a better fighter. He wins.

Dynamic Entry
Kazuya or Jin uses TK to hold him in position while Feng one-shots his ass, or Abel fires a satellite ray and incinerates Mercer.

MadBrok
Mercer uses mass spikes, whipfist, lauches in the air, dive bombs one, absorbs, whips out the blade and armor...
yeah TekkenVerse are all ****ed.

StyleTime
What is an "Alex Mercer?"

NemeBro
Originally posted by Dynamic Entry
Kazuya or Jin uses TK to hold him in position while Feng one-shots his ass, or Abel fires a satellite ray and incinerates Mercer. Devil is not in this match. Not that their TK would hold back Mercer.

He tears through the cast, seriously.

Alex Mercer is the protagonist from Prototype.

With every person he kills, he would gain their power and skill.

StyleTime
So like .....he kills Kuma, absorbs Kuma's power/skill and gets stomped by the rest of the cast?

NemeBro
Originally posted by StyleTime
So like .....he kills Kuma, absorbs Kuma's power/skill and gets stomped by the rest of the cast? Alex Mercer starts the fight being able to run up Skyscrapers at 200 miles per houd while carrying a tank. And weighing a few tons. And being a shapeshifter who can make his arms blades, claws, a whip, cool stuff like that, with a healing factor and whatnot.

So he starts out stronger than pretty much all or most of Tekken characters, and with each one he absorbs he grows stronger.

And don't you diss Kuma, I'm all for the grizzly bear. estahuh

TheGoldenSpy
I know nothing about tekken. Only fighting games I play are SF, MK and smash bro's.

But unless any of the guys from tekken have any defense against being grabbed and absorbed they done. He can also just transform and sneak around as one of them or just punch his fists and turn thier brains into soup.

Alex Mercer is cool. Shame his game was so bland and the graphics sucked. Also a shame that you don't get to play as him in the next game. Unless they pull a DMC4 I don't think i'm getting the second game.

Darkstorm Zero
Honestly, if Azazel was in this match, he'd be the only one who would consistently have a decent shot at mercer, the rest are flesh and blood or machine, and wouldn't stand much of a chance.

Dynamic Entry
Too bad the OP forgot to leave out Devil Jin. You mean to tell me as DJ immobilizes or slows Mercer the fuk down (yes he can, as he can levitate anyone from the Tekken cast with it. Prove Mercer has invulnerability against TK) while shooting skycraper-slicing beams at him and Abel initiates a shot from space incinerating the region Mercer he's in, Mercer's going to be on his feet afterwards. Lol, just lol.

You'd also have to prove Gun Jack, a machine mass-produced by G Corporation, is going to get hit/damaged when he can put up a forcefield that could take the aforementioned satellite attack.

And what's Mercer done that puts him above wrecking a forest with one assault.

Lifting tanks, great. Let's see Mercer break a molten rock that's around 200 times his size.

Heck, Bryan has a helicopter blow up in his face in T6 and the blast can be seen in the ending would shred the shit out of Mercer, while it could not dent Bryan. If Jin and Kazuya were to punch Mercer simultaneously, he would be near flattened, considering the sheer power they generate with their blows.

One-one-one he has a shot since he probably won't tire if he has a healing factor. Against all at once then it's rape in a matter of seconds, while not in his favor.

TheGoldenSpy
Isn't Telekenisis just a intangible mental extension of a characters physical strength?

Because it's getting a little boring having intresting battles go to the I win with TK arguement.

The Scenario
As far as I know, physical strength and TK are seprate from each other. The problem here is that I believe Alex weighs multiple tons. Cars can't move when he's standing on him, and the pavement shatters when he falls a short distance. Makes sense, since he's absorbed the biomass of thousands of people.

You'd need to prove that whoever has the TK is strong enough with it to lift Alex. Granted that I don't know the cast of Tekken, but levitating what I assume to mostly be characters of near human mass wouldn't cut it for Mercer. Who's the heaviest person and/or thing that's been lifted via TK?

StyleTime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Alex Mercer starts the fight being able to run up Skyscrapers at 200 miles per houd while carrying a tank. And weighing a few tons. And being a shapeshifter who can make his arms blades, claws, a whip, cool stuff like that, with a healing factor and whatnot.

So he starts out stronger than pretty much all or most of Tekken characters, and with each one he absorbs he grows stronger.

And don't you diss Kuma, I'm all for the grizzly bear. estahuh
He's not skilled enough to weild Kuma's power without hurting himself. It'd be like handing a 2 year old a butcher's knife. uhuh

On the real though, I know jack shit about this guy. So yeah. I'm forced to go with the general consensus that he wins. Sounds like he's legitimately around mid-meta.

Dynamic Entry
He breakes pavement when he lands? Big deal. Jin and Kazuya did that on a skyscraper roof with mere stomps, and it didn't require jumping and then landing.

1:27-1:281JJlKtwbQu8?hd=1

Forgot to mention Mercer has nothing to get past Jin's DG barrier, unless Mercer can dish out more power than Azazel, a being who would rock Mercer's shit.

3:242mGcear_sDk

Even were DJ's TK not effective, he easily has more power destroying a forest's entire area with an attack, putting his destruction scale much higher.

0:15bcKZ137zijs

There's just so many ways for for Tekken to win this. Heihachi and Lars could just side-step whatever Mercer throws at them with their mach speed reaction times, casually beating him left and right (Heihachi and Lars also tanked destructing JACKs/missiles without a bruise) only for a few JACKs to then dog-pile Mercer before self-destructing Mercer to shreds. True Ogre could probably gobble him with his snake hand (you'd be surprised how much snakes expand to swallow their victims). Bryan can just wack him with a very thick pole he's able to throw at half mach speed to take down a helicopter.

Bryan4rhRZ7oSoFs?hd=1

Heihachi 1:35nWHRNnqxsQ0

Lars (w/ Guile's Theme)Vcf30jSY2PA?hd=1

And now that Heihachi is his young, fresh self and has hair again, Mercer will work...I mean lose, even harder.

0:20R6Ai-82W9kU?hd=1

Mercer ftl.

Dynamic Entry
Choose 360p or 480p if they lag. The Tekken 5 intro also has a 1080p option you can choose (I forgot to code it automatically, like I did with the rest of the videos with 720p and up).

I forgot to say, that Raven thought wrong about that blast killing Heihachi, since Heihachi then fought in the tournament in pristine condition.

As the second vid, 3:24 is when he begins but you notice the barrier at around 3:45.

Tekken Tag vid at the end was meant to be a joke btw. stick out tongue

Dynamic Entry
Forgot these 2 in the big post. For Heihachi's reaction, reacts to a bullet from 10 feet away, catches it with his front teeth then calls the gun a pea-shooter @ 3:30.4Z-PGzPDxCs

Abel, the satellite and Gun Jack:a00ond7iGg0

Leaving out 4 of Tekken's top tiers didn't help Mercer against JACK, or shit. Yes, JACK's capitalized since a few destructing would end this fight.

Mercer dies a horrible death /thread eek!

The Scenario
Originally posted by Dynamic Entry
He breakes pavement when he lands? Big deal. Jin and Kazuya did that on a skyscraper roof with mere stomps, and it didn't require jumping and then landing.

1:27-1:28

Sorry if I wasn't totally clear there, but I was talking about Mercer's weight with the pavement thing. The video shows stomps, which are obviously based on physical strength, not weight (the physics of which are wonky, but still), and what I saw was mostly glass in any case. My point is more along the lines of: Mercer is really heavy, who has TK that can lift him?

And from that video, I don't quite see the shit rocking. I don't know how powerful the lasers were, for instance, so I can't gauge the shields and therefore can't tell how strong Mercer would need to be to get past them.

Given the format, it's unclear that the destruction was caused by only one attack. He woke up there, and there's no telling exactly how much time it took, or how he even did it. It's inconclusive at best, really.

Mach speed is impressive, to be sure. I'm not too clear on exactly what speed Mercer moves/reacts at, to be honest, since I'm not overly familiar with the character. The speed is likely Tekken's best bet to win, if they can get past Mercer's durability and healing factor.

Joke vid, right? Anyway, since you went to all the trouble finding vids, I have to do the same.

RahEtkVxAPA

Showcasing several of Mercer's abilities here. Claws, blades, etc.
0:44 is his concrete explosions, though from a larger height, and note that he's not actively trying to break it, it just happens. Also, lifts a car somewhat.
1:12, able to run up walls even as the glass breaks.
2:20, he's immune to bullets, and his claws cut through armored soldiers easily. (Note: Kelvlar and such isn't made to stop blades.)
2:30, he blocks a grenade with no damage whatsoever.
2:35, an RPG knocks him back, but apparently does not hinder him at all, going by what happens next.

0TZIEBcd-Mo

This is Alex Mercer (using musclemass) throwing an armored car a very impressive distance. At 0:43, he jumps upwards of 40 feet while holding it.

peYRa4givCM

1:04, your basic tentacle rape move. Look at the range and how it destroys the helicopter.

pza72KACfYw

This is called the Groundspike graveyard.

CocAc8OW0-Q

Critical Pain.

There's ending spoilers in this one, if someone doesn't know how the game ends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgsBTyfJ15Y&feature=related

At 1:30 an nuclear weapon explodes as Mercer is nearby, destroying his helicopter. At 1:47, a crow lands on Mercer's remains, gets eaten, and Mercer regenerates from the nuclear explosion.

EDIT: Ah, I missed those last two vids. Oh, well, I'm going to bed soon so I won't be responding to those yet.

Nephthys
Since some people seem to not know much about him here's a handy indication of his abilities. What's really notable is that they say he can beat teh One Piece-verse, which is like wow! That is pretty unbelievable imo.

That would do nothing against Mercer, who is a shapeshidter and as such he can still attack with tendrils and probably just grow his legs to keep walking despite the TK hold. Plus he's way to strong to hold adequately with TK unless its really impressive and as Scenario said he's really ****ing heavy.

Yes. See that last vid Scenario posted.

IIRC Jack has nothing but some enhanced punches and maybe some small to medium weapons fire. Nothing that can put Mercer down for good. Meanwhile Mercer will be pounding him into the dirt using a tank as a wiffle bat.

Tanking a nuke.

Isn't molten rock like.... liquid That doesn't seem like that would be that hard to brake.

No, I don't think it would. Hell if I recall Mercer had a building/miltary base blow up in his face without damage.

Of course the Tekkenverse might not even get a chance to fight him. Mercer's greatest strength is his infiltration ability. He could literally be anyone. One second Jin is walking down the street teh next he's being absorbed into bio-mass.

MadBrok
if the Tekkenverse can manage to avoid mercer and dodge, they are fine. They can't hold him down, they may hit him, but it took a ****ing enormous tentacle bearing mutated behemoth to even hinder mercer, and if he absorbs even one of the Tekken people, they are all going to be raped.

TheGoldenSpy
Alex Mercer is strong enough that when punches his fist together he'll make a large crater on the ground, send cars flying and make everyone within a 10 foot radius explode.

As for speed, he is almost 300MPH and as far as reactions, I think he did dodge bullets in one scene. But i'm not sure. Still have the game so i'm gonna boot it up again.

The scariest thing is his ability to walk up in disguise and simply absorb any one and in doing so, he takes all thier powers and memories. However, big powerful beasts in his game that can throw tanks can resist him until they are weakened, so that should mean that any tekken fighter strong enough can resist that for a while.

Again, I have never played tekken, So I can't say for certain but you can't go wrong with alex.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Since some people seem to not know much about him here's a handy indication of his abilities. What's really notable is that they say he can beat teh One Piece-verse, which is like wow! That is pretty unbelievable imo. I would like to point out I am the one who originally made that character profile. 131

I should also point out that it was agreed that Mercer would not be able to take out OPverse willy nilly, it was a long process that involved him absorbing several people, making his way up the tiers of the verse until he could take its best. But OPverse is a considerably more powerful and larger verse than Tekken so that does not really matter.

Utrigita
Mercer all the way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.