Pick your Power 28 days later edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
You and 3 friends of equal skills/knowledge/abilities are dropped in the middle of Los Angeles in a scenario similar to the one seen in 28 days late. A powerful virus has driven the entire population (around 6 million for the purposes of this debate) into a psychotic bloodthirsty rage and the whole city is after the 4 of you. Same scenario. Bite will turn you to one of them (effectively killing you)

You cannot escape the city (irremovable bombs are placed in your body in case you leave city limits longer than 10 mins.). You cannot hide forever (you will need to eat). You are given no provisions but are allowed to scrounge food/provisions from wherever you can find tho.

The goal is to outlast your 3 other friends. The person to live the longest is allowed to walk out of the city.

To assist you in your survival, you will be given the specific powers that you're allowed to use in whatever way you wish to be the last survivor. You are made to select one out of 4 different powers and the powers you don't select are given to your 3 other friends.

As luck would have it, you get to choose first.

-Organic Web shooters w/c are fueled by your own body energy. The more you use them the more you need to eat. Lets say each second of web shot burns like 50 calories as well as precious fluids (around half a glass of water per web shot). You are also given peak human strength/agility to allow you to climb and swing on the webs with ease.
-Optic blasts w/c can only be used for 1 minute a day or 60 single blast bursts per day. No wide area beams allowed.
-Classic (non-hairy) Beast level strength and leaping.
-Classic Jean Grey-level (Marvel Girl) TK that can be used around up to 5 minutes per day.

W/c power will you chose?

Mindset
I don't even remember what classic beast or jean could do.

Uriel005
Web up the front of a mall not a big one just one that has canned goods and plenty of water bottles. Zombies aren't breaking webbing.

Lord Feron
Think Im gonna go with Cyclops. I don't think I will so screwed that I would have to use my optic blasts that much in one day and also I can use it to open pathways and cave them in later.

Also I think it would be the best weapon against the other 3 ppl. But IMO I would just try and hide and wait it out. Unless it starts taking too long.

D_Dude1210
For the purposes of this debate, there will be no "outlasting" the "zombies" (or w/e it is you can call em).

You can only outlast each other.

Omega Vision
Beast. Frank from 28 Days Later did fairly well keeping the zombies back with human level strength and riot gear. With Beast's strength and agility you could make them your *****.

These other powers are great but given the nature of the zombies you'd run out of your 'charge' fairly quickly.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Beast. Frank from 28 Days Later did fairly well keeping the zombies back with human level strength and riot gear. With Beast's strength and agility you could make them your *****.

These other powers are great but given the nature of the zombies you'd run out of your 'charge' fairly quickly. yep. the limits placed on the other powers make this a no-brainer.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Omega Vision

These other powers are great but given the nature of the zombies you'd run out of your 'charge' fairly quickly.

I like beasts powers but did the thread mean leaping also means agility? If so I will go with beast. But I find cyclops powers super useful if you need to get in somewhere or escape to somewhere.

I forgot does the optic blasts make sound?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I like beasts powers but did the thread mean leaping also means agility? If so I will go with beast. But I find cyclops powers super useful if you need to get in somewhere or escape to somewhere.

I forgot does the optic blasts make sound?
But Cyke's power won't help you at all with foraging for food and supplies the way Beast's will.

basilisk
Yeah, for me the Beast is the only real choice too. Strength, agility, and jumping as much as you can while the other powers are too limited.

If nothing else you could escape the 'zombies' by leaping to the sides and rooftops of buildings, using overhangs, pipes, fire escapes and so on with Beast level grip strength. Leap from rooftop to rooftop to avoid the enemy and get easy access to locked up buildings for food, guns, and protection.

The risk of a bite would be minimized by mostly avoiding them, but you could also look for protective clothing like the riot gear or leather etc, arm yourself, and take them on if it came to that.

marwash22
Why are you always trying to kill my friends? sneer

Beast, ftw.

Climbing would be key in evading the zombie-folk.

If Cyke's power wasn't so handicapped, I'd choose him and just sit back and tell the zombie-folk to GTFOML.

marwash22
Hey Op.

There should be a clause that says we can't fight each other 'cause the person with TK could just hold the other 3 down and let the Zombie-folk go to town. laughing out loud

Starscream M
Originally posted by marwash22

There should be a clause that says we can't fight each other 'cause the person with TK could just hold the other 3 down and let the Zombie-folk go to town. laughing out loud why would the tk person do that? confused

marwash22
Originally posted by Starscream M
why would the tk person do that? confused err, to win...

Starscream M
err, to win... oh, my bad..didn't see the scenario was to outlast your friends

in that case, I may have to rethink my choice...

D_Dude1210
Hey Op.

There should be a clause that says we can't fight each other 'cause the person with TK could just hold the other 3 down and let the Zombie-folk go to town. laughing out loud

Actually, the point IS that you can think about attacking each other. smile

McNasty996
If we start out close to each other i.e. 5-20 feet. I chose tk and as stated make noise and hold the others down. I we are in seperate parts of town i chose beast, I would be able to sneak up om the others and break their neck or throw very heavy objects at them.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Uriel005
Web up the front of a mall not a big one just one that has canned goods and plenty of water bottles. Zombies aren't breaking webbing. To bad webbing usually lasts only an hour laughing out loud

Newjak
Meh its only classic jean-grey.

Her TK wasn't the best and only 5 minutes a day. I think I'll still go with Beast. Mobility is key here.

Blair Wind
TK then. Even with classic TK levels, the ability to telekinetically manipulate small objects is very useful. I mean, the carotid artery is a small object. Or collapse the windpipe.

Are the 3 friends near you, or do you start at different places? That might change the answer

Newjak
Yeah but Jean had trouble focusing on more than one object at time. In order to perform decent feats she had to concentrate which left her very open and very prone to exhaustion, and she often had to be looking right at the target.

StyleTime
I have three questions for the thread creator.

Does an unused "charge" carry over to the next day?

How much "safe time" do we have at the start before the zombies make their move on us?

How close do we start to our friends?

StyleTime
*cough*

D_Dude1210
You are dropped miles apart from each other at separate random locations in the city on top of (relatively empty) skyscrapers via helicopter (giving you a slight idea where the others are starting from). Your "powers" are then activated once the choppers are clear.

Charges don't carry over (lets say you recharge fully every sunrise).

Black bolt z
Beast. No one would touch me.

Mindset
Originally posted by Parmaniac
To bad webbing usually lasts only an hour laughing out loud That was the synthetic webbing, did the organic one last only that long too?

Mindset
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Beast. No one would touch me. I'd kill you with an optic blast.

Uriel005
true depends on how long lasting organic web lasts.Is it like when peter when freaky mutant spider and they were like real webs or is it just a copy of formula. Also do I get wall crawl.??

D_Dude1210
Let's say that the organic webbing lasts an hour (that was the number in my head when I made the thread. lol).

No other powers. Just webbing and peak human strength/agility (enough to do a basic swing or climb up on the webbing w/o too much difficulty).

Also, don't forget that none of you are given time to familiarize yourselves with your powers. You need to learn on the fly (with zombies nipping at your heels). Also, a single bite or even blood/saliva getting into a cut/eyes/mouth= death.

Uriel005
Beast agility is useless that takes time to learn TK takes years Optic would run out too quick before you learned it. 5'8" 185lbs is still enough to bench a ton minimum in marvel so yeah. I could wall off a staircase in a department store and web anything i needed via point and shoot which would still put me at a calorie and water gain in a decent sized store. Also gives me instant fortification when needed. Also I know where to find the guns and how to shoot and maintain the guns with reasonable accuracy. Thanking my dad for being a paranoid retired cop for that last one.

StyleTime
With my questions now answered, I'd have to go with Beast. The other powers just have too many limitations in comparison. The Spiderman set is in second.

Of course, there is always the option of somewhow convincing the others to try and work together with you to take out the zombies over time. The four of you could make safehouses throughout the city and stock up on weapons/supplies. Your powers would basically be saved for emergencies; at the end of the day, the Cyclops and Jean people could take out a little group of zombies near you. No use wasting a charge since it'll be gone anyway. It'd be a massive undertaking, but it may work.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by StyleTime
With my questions now answered, I'd have to go with Beast. The other powers just have too many limitations in comparison. The Spiderman set is in second.

Of course, there is always the option of somewhow convincing the others to try and work together with you to take out the zombies over time. The four of you could make safehouses throughout the city and stock up on weapons/supplies. Your powers would basically be saved for emergencies; at the end of the day, the Cyclops and Jean people could take out a little group of zombies near you. No use wasting a charge since it'll be gone anyway. It'd be a massive undertaking, but it may work.

Not a viable strategy due to the stips:

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
For the purposes of this debate, there will be no "outlasting" the "zombies" (or w/e it is you can call em).

You can only outlast each other.

Of course, you CAN try to convince them to "work together" and just conveniently start "losing teammates" as time goes on.

StyleTime
I thought you meant waiting for them to starve when you said "outlast." We can't team up to hunt them?

If not, then it is as you said. Backstabbing is always an option. They could always plot against me though. Hmm....

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by StyleTime
I thought you meant waiting for them to starve when you said "outlast." We can't team up to hunt them?

If not, then it is as you said. Backstabbing is always an option. They could always plot against me though. Hmm....

I meant that you can't go and try to wait it out/kill em off slowly. smile Hehe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.