Best way to Kill Jedi/Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaedusRules
I know I saw something like this before, but I couldnt find it. How come people cant find better ways to kill Jedi. I mean, I could think of 1 easy way. A tripple barrell blaster that fires at the same time at different angles. A jedi can only block 1 bolt at the same time if one is coming for his head chest and stomach.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by CaedusRules
I know I saw something like this before, but I couldnt find it. How come people cant find better ways to kill Jedi. I mean, I could think of 1 easy way. A tripple barrell blaster that fires at the same time at different angles. A jedi can only block 1 bolt at the same time if one is coming for his head chest and stomach.

Cut their head off.

RE: Blaxican
I say take off and nuke them from orbit.

Take it away Lucien.

truejedi
I say use a carbonite chamber, trick them to stand in it, and then freeze them. Works like a charm every time.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by truejedi
I say use a carbonite chamber, trick them to stand in it, and then freeze them. Works like a charm every time.

I say we drop Oprah Winfrey (wow! that even sounds like a SW name) on their heads after fooling them into investigating a distress call from Smurf Village.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I say take off and nuke them from orbit.

Take it away Lucien. You know me too well. Which is weird because I don't even remember if you're the minority or the black guy.

I know I saw something like this before, but I couldnt find it. How come people cant find better ways to kill Jedi. I mean, I could think of 1 easy way. A tripple barrell blaster that fires at the same time at different angles. A jedi can only block 1 bolt at the same time if one is coming for his head chest and stomach. Jedi have been showing throughout the mythos to sense danger even before the dangerous act has happened. Like Spider Sense. Many have also been shown to deflect laser blasts in the multiples per second. You'd need more than three shots to drop a Jedi. T-canon has Obi-Wan casually deflecting a barrage of laser blasts with his hands

Not to mention where are you gonna get a triple barreled shotgun? That fires from different angles somehow? How would that even work? The gun fires and the laser blasts spread out and home back in on the target? But why even bother with that? Why not just, like, blow up the planet they're on? Or suck out all the atmosphere? Easy.

And if this is more than just "What I would have done if I had the skill and resources available", then that means you're honestly confused as to why more Jedi aren't dropped. The answer is:

Hypothetical scenarios where you have all the advantages (equipped with magic gun and all), the ability to override their precognition and their ability to move at superhuman speeds, and the ability to make them walk right in to your ambush, have a tendency not to happen.

Unless you're Coleman Trebor.

CaedusRules
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You know me too well. Which is weird because I don't even remember if you're the minority or the black guy.

Jedi have been showing throughout the mythos to sense danger even before the dangerous act has happened. Like Spider Sense. Many have also been shown to deflect laser blasts in the multiples per second. You'd need more than three shots to drop a Jedi. T-canon has Obi-Wan casually deflecting a barrage of laser blasts with his hands

Not to mention where are you gonna get a triple barreled shotgun? That fires from different angles somehow? How would that even work? The gun fires and the laser blasts spread out and home back in on the target? But why even bother with that? Why not just, like, blow up the planet they're on? Or suck out all the atmosphere? Easy.

And if this is more than just "What I would have done if I had the skill and resources available", then that means you're honestly confused as to why more Jedi aren't dropped. The answer is:

Hypothetical scenarios where you have all the advantages (equipped with magic gun and all), the ability to override their precognition and their ability to move at superhuman speeds, and the ability to make them walk right in to your ambush, have a tendency not to happen.

Unless you're Coleman Trebor.

I see your point, but lets say your not hunting Jedi, but your a smuggler that might run into Jedi. The fact that you can set off thier damger sense would make them approach more cautiously, but they dont know where the danger is coming from.

As for Obi stopping many shot.... His hands and saber can only be at one spot each in any given time frame, its his fast reflexes that allows him to stop many bolts coming in at different times. In theory, if the bolts were fired at the same exact second he would only be able to absorb/deflect 2.. 1 with saber, and 1 with hand.

As for making a tripple barreled weapon that fires at the same time, is not a streach. If we can make a double barrell shotgun that fires at the same time, dont you think a tripple barrel weapon is posible. And to make it shoot off on angles the barrel only needs to have a very slight veriation in the angle of the barrels. The barrells could be set-up like below:
0 0

I'm just suprised no-one thought of it, it seems pretty obvious. Other then the sarcastic blow up the planet, and drop Oprah... To me its pretty positive Jedi killer.

truejedi
till he pulls it out of your hands... Not so obvious.

truejedi
what you are forgetting is all 3 beams would still arrive at the same time, so if he swings his saber in an arc in front of him, he will catch all 3.

Also, the saber is 3 feet long means
no matter what tragectories the beams are arriving on, there will still be a straight line between them (since they are arriving at the same time. By matching the straight line with his blade, the jedi can block all three shots at once.

CaedusRules
what you are forgetting is all 3 beams would still arrive at the same time, so if he swings his saber in an arc in front of him, he will catch all 3.

Also, the saber is 3 feet long means
no matter what tragectories the beams are arriving on, there will still be a straight line between them (since they are arriving at the same time. By matching the straight line with his blade, the jedi can block all three shots at once.

You cant Arc a blade to be in 3 spots at once. and the spots wouldnt come in a straight line, it would be more like a triangle or pyramid pattern.

Jinsoku Takai
...As for Obi stopping many shot.... His hands and saber can only be at one spot each in any given time frame, its his fast reflexes that allows him to stop many bolts coming in at different times. In theory, if the bolts were fired at the same exact second he would only be able to absorb/deflect 2.. 1 with saber, and 1 with hand.

Except for the fact that Kenobi doesn't necessarily have to DEFLECT all of the shots. Kenobi sees things is super slow motion - as the shots are approaching, he would simply need to contort his body and/or move out of the ***king way, while possibly deflecting a few of the shots back. No problem here.

truejedi
always with the possibility of pulling it out of your hand...

Jinsoku Takai

...Indeed

RE: Blaxican
That totally worked with Coleman Trebor.

Gaha.

truejedi
we are talking about Jedi here blax...

CaedusRules

If it were a simple as pulling the weapon out of a jedi's hand then no jedi ever would have died from a blaster bolt.

Lord Lucien
I see your point, but lets say your not hunting Jedi, but your a smuggler that might run into Jedi. The fact that you can set off thier damger sense would make them approach more cautiously, but they dont know where the danger is coming from.Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

As for Obi stopping many shot.... His hands and saber can only be at one spot each in any given time frame, its his fast reflexes that allows him to stop many bolts coming in at different times. In theory, if the bolts were fired at the same exact second he would only be able to absorb/deflect 2.. 1 with saber, and 1 with hand.He stopped 23 saber strike per second, and Grievous wasn't swinging his four sabers at the exact same space. Jedi can be overloaded, but their limit is pretty up there.

As for making a tripple barreled weapon that fires at the same time, is not a streach. If we can make a double barrell shotgun that fires at the same time, dont you think a tripple barrel weapon is posible. And to make it shoot off on angles the barrel only needs to have a very slight veriation in the angle of the barrels. The barrells could be set-up like below:Unless this ambuscade you've concocted has an attacker who possesses a freakishly unnatural knack for getting within several feet of a Jedi, a multi-barreled gun that fires a spread in different angles is kinda counter-productive. You'd have each pellet/shot/bolt steadily angling away from the target. You'd wind up with a corner of each shot going towards the Jedi and the rest of each shot angling out away from him. Hence my wonder of a magical "homing" laser that curves the spread back to the centre.

I'm just suprised no-one thought of it, it seems pretty obvious. Other then the sarcastic blow up the planet, and drop Oprah... To me its pretty positive Jedi killer. Yes it is effective. The point is that, while you may be able to dream up a plethora of ways to kill a Jedi, they all rest upon one's ability to put it all together. It's like saying "why doesn't somebody just assassinate the president?" Dreaming up methods where everything goes according to plan, including resources, timing, advantage of surprise, proper bait, no human error, general predictability of the environment... have tendency not to happen. Something always always goes wrong. Add in the precognitive and superhuman skills of a Jedi, and you're in for one hell of an assassination attempt.

darth radon
About the three barrel thing how could a jedi with one light saber block something like this form and deflect all three of them at the exact same time:
If you have a curved blade you will be able to but most before ROTS didn't.
Also if they made they chain gun fire rounds at the exact same time jedi would be no match.

00 0 00

Dr McBeefington
star wars continuity.

truejedi
Think about it,they are in the same z plane because of their identical momentum. They are in the same x plane because of the fact that they are being fired from the same place. the only thing that changes with an angled gun would by the y plane. So you have one headed towards his head, one towards his feet, and one towards his waste. He simply moves the lightsaber to the appropriate angle to catch all three.

darth radon
Think about it,they are in the same z plane because of their identical momentum. They are in the same x plane because of the fact that they are being fired from the same place. the only thing that changes with an angled gun would by the y plane. So you have one headed towards his head, one towards his feet, and one towards his waste. He simply moves the lightsaber to the appropriate angle to catch all three. But in a triangle?

truejedi
I guess so, but you didn't say a triangle, you said angled barrels. You can't go changing it mid discussion.

darth radon
I guess so, but you didn't say a triangle, you said angled barrels. You can't go changing it mid discussion. Angled? how could you get angled barrels that I did not say.

truejedi
o, i was talking about the OP. It wasn't you. I thought you made the thread.

darth radon
o, i was talking about the OP. It wasn't you. I thought you made the thread. Ok.I don't see the purpose of this thread. thumb down no

chilled monkey
Originally posted by darth radon
Ok.I don't see the purpose of this thread. thumb down no

Um, beg your pardon, but the purpose is to have fun.

You know, fun?

Nephthys
Fuh-uuun?

Wat teh hell is that?

truejedi
there will be no fun while discussing star wars. I believe that is a forum rule.

darth radon
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Um, beg your pardon, but the purpose is to have fun.

You know, fun? You are pardoned,what I was meaning was "what did he want to gain from this post what did he want from us."

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by darth radon
You are pardoned,what I was meaning was "what did he want to gain from this post what did he want from us."

I believe he wanted to find out "How come people cant find better ways to kill Jedi?"

CaedusRules
I just like to evoke discussions.

chilled monkey
I just like to evoke discussions.

Yeah, see what I mean, fun?

Discussions are fun.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Fuh-uuun?

Wat teh hell is that?

It refers to activities that produce a state of enjoyment. Such as discussing stuff.

Darth Piggott
I would send a distress call to the Jedi, and shoot some civilians, and lay them out in the open. Then I would have a squad of troopers hidden in the trees. When the Jedi found the civilians, I would have snipers from the trees take them out.
Then I would take their lightsaber and play with it, eventually killing myself with my stupidity, but at least I got to hold a lightsaber.
Ballen

juyomaster34
sonic weapons were used to shatter a jedi's concerntration,preventing him or her from using the force.
mines and gas were useful in catching them by surprise
Dun Moch
attacking their allies or padawan.
use different moral choices by using those close to them as hostages
poisoned darts work too quickly for them to counter.

juyomaster34
snipers could work (long range) snipers
disorient him or her by assuming complete control of the surrounding environment
cutting them off from any means of supprt.
(DUN MOCH) expliot their weakness (pride)and overbearing faith in the force that they sometimes place too much faith in it and their abilities
take every chance to turn their misplaced chivary,their inclination to capture rather than kill their quarries against them.
things like that its very easy.overwhelm their senses with so much chaos (distraction)be vey creative,unique like THE JOKER.

Stealth Moose
This reminds me of a What If comic featuring the Punisher killing Spider-Man. The plan was surprisingly simple: Punisher made a decoy which looked like Doc Ock that was rigged with an explosive. Spidey goes to investigate, attempts to engage his mortal foe, boom. End of Spidey. Spider sense thinks Ock is a danger because he is, but how he is dangerous is not immediately known.

Doing this to a Jedi would be a bit tricker. For example, put explosives on Mission and send her sprinting at a no-name Jedi.

Another good method is a chemical weapon. There's one which isn't inhaled but goes through your pores and messes you up. That'll do the trick.

juyomaster34
i agree,some jedi are just cocky,some would be cautious,if you place a ysalamiri anywhere within a jedi's radius,this little creature will cancel out a jedi's ability to use the Force.makingit easier to kill them.

Q99
Pits and chasms have been traditionally the best way.

Nephthys
Yeah, force choking them off a cliff is a real game-breaker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.