Superman Vs HP Wizardry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Superman (Returns) Vs All the wizard teachers at Hogwarts, the death eaters, Harry Potter, the fugly redheaded kid and the whiny girl

-Gear

Superman: One set of tights (pants and shirts), belt, boots and cape

Wizards: Their wand and if they can't travel without a broom, they get their broom.

-Scenario 1) Fight takes place in a large Roman arena, wizards on one side, Superman on the other. 25 feet apart.

-Scenario 2) Fight takes place in a large castle that looks eerily like Hogwarts but is just a castle and the surrounding area. Appx 2 miles grass and small forest. Wizards start spread around the castle. Superman is 1 mile away.

-Scenario 3) Fight takes place in a 10 mile section of a large city. Wizards start on one end. Superman on the other.

Stipulations:

-CIS/PIS is turned off for all combatants.

-All combatants are out for blood and will try to kill their opponent(s) as efficiently as possible. IE Superman won't hold back because he's the DC boyscout, Dumbledore will bring the heat,(no kindly old man aspects), Harry won't shit his pants etc.

-Superman is subject to magic. Spells that would target his physical aspects (heat, concussive force, cold etc) are subject to his invulnerability levels. EG if a bullet couldn't budge his eye, a spell that leaves flesh wounds won't either.

-No bitching or calling each other faggoty dumbshits etc. Prove your points.

(yes, RJ, this is for you)

Rogue Jedi
You forgot Voldemort and the OOTP. They'd be better here than the Hogwarts teachers.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You forgot Voldemort and the OOTP. They'd be better here than the Hogwarts teachers.

My bad, include them as well. Wands and brooms if they need.

Rogue Jedi
Prep? Knowledge? Is Hermione nekked? Full powers for the wizards?

HPverse? Supermanverse? Neutralverse?

Robtard
No prep (least not yet, might consider giving some to the wizards later)

basic knowledge includes:

-Wizards know about Superman's abilities as if they were a citizen of Metropolis. He can fly, is bullet proof, heat can shoot from his eyes etc.

-Superman knows the wizards are humans who can cast a wide assortment of magic, something that can affect him and that's in 20+ to 1.

Neutral area. Magic works and Superman is powered by a yellow Sun.

Rogue Jedi
K. Before we get started, how long would it take Superman to cross the 10 mile city? The 25 feet?

Robtard
K. Before we get started, how long would it take Superman to cross the 10 mile city? The 25 feet?

You should know this already if you watched Superman Returns or listened in the other threads. He was shown being capable of moving to fast he appeared to be at multiple places at the same time.

Or about the first 25 mins of the film explains he speed capabilities.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
You should know this already if you watched Superman Returns or listened in the other threads. He was shown being capable of moving to fast he appeared to be at multiple places at the same time.

Or about the first 25 mins of the film explains he speed capabilities. I've seen Superman returns. Thing is, if memory serves, ReevesMan and RouthMan flew at different speeds. You didn't specify which.

Robtard
I've seen Superman returns. Thing is, if memory serves, ReevesMan and RouthMan flew at different speeds. You didn't specify which.

I did state "Returns" in the OP.

Including Reeves' feats would be too much spite.

Rogue Jedi
Well, right off the bat, the wizards get hammered in Scenario one. 25 feet away? haermm

The only X factor there is that there's a chance that at least a few of the half apparaters will take flight. At that point, things get difficult for Superman.

Robtard
Well, right off the bat, the wizards get hammered in Scenario one. 25 feet away? haermm

The only X factor there is that there's a chance that at least a few of the half apparaters will take flight. At that point, things get difficult for Superman.
I did three scenarios covering different distances to try and make it even all around.

I don't think you're grasping what his speed entails him to do. People would appear to almost not be moving from his point of view. Remember the Peter Parker and Flash fight from Spiderman; how Peter's POV was? That is nothing compared to this.

Rogue Jedi
I did three scenarios covering different distances to try and make it even all around.

I don't think you're grasping what his speed entails him to do. People would appear to almost not be moving from his point of view. Remember the Peter Parker and Flash fight from Spiderman; how Peter's POV was? That is nothing compared to this. I understand this. But there are like 50ish wizards here. He's gotta cover the 25 feet, then speed blitz all 50. That won't be instant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his max speed flight, was he able to do that like right off the bat, or did he have to build up to it over a couple/a few seconds?

Robtard
I understand this. But there are like 50ish wizards here. He's gotta cover the 25 feet, then speed blitz all 50. That won't be instant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his max speed flight, was he able to do that like right off the bat, or did he have to build up to it over a couple/a few seconds?

If he can move/travel so fast that he appears to be at multiple places around that planet while helping people, how is this distance a problem?

Never really shown either way, iirc. But what I said above concerning that scene in the film would imply that he can reach that speed instantly. eg he saves a school bus in London while simultaneously appearing to save a redhead in Texas from a tractor.

Rogue Jedi
If he can move/travel so fast that he appears to be at multiple places around that planet while helping people, how is this distance a problem?

Never really shown either way, iirc. But what I said above concerning that scene in the film would imply that he can reach that speed instantly. eg he saves a school bus in London while simultaneously appearing to save a redhead in Texas from a tractor. It'll be a problem because right away the wizards will be reacting. Slower, yes, but the idea of a few death eaters taking flight is not that far out of the realm of possibility.

Robtard
It'll be a problem because right away the wizards will be reacting. Slower, yes, but the idea of a few death eaters taking flight is not that far out of the realm of possibility.

Considering those speeds, they could all be dead in 0.9 seconds after the fight starts. Likely less.

But what are you suggesting, the all die quickly, just some of them die while in the air?

Rogue Jedi
Considering those speeds, they could all be dead in 0.9 seconds after the fight starts. Likely less.

But what are you suggesting, the all die quickly, just some of them die while in the air? .9 seconds is plenty of time to apparate, full apparate.

Once in the air, they are invisible and puffs of smoke. That is, unless they fully apparate.

Having a few half apparaters here is the game changer.

Robtard
.9 seconds is plenty of time to apparate, full apparate.

Once in the air, they are invisible and puffs of smoke. That is, unless they fully apparate.

Having a few half apparaters here is the game changer.

As I said, I was likely greatly underestimating. To an outside observer the wizards would be there one moment and then red mist the next. You're also likley greatly overestimating how fast the wizards can teleport.

And when they appear? They're dead. Another thing, Superman logically must be able to process information at speeds relative to his traveling speed. Otherwise he'd would have destroyed cities in that scene.

If they're clouds of black smoke, what would you imagine happens if an object traveling in the neighborhood of light-speed (might be greater) flies past them or through them?

RE: Blaxican
Superman can fly fast enough to go back in time. That is, beyond the speed of light.
This is so stupid.

Rogue Jedi
As I said, I was likely greatly underestimating. To an outside observer the wizards would be there one moment and then red mist the next. You're also likley greatly overestimating how fast the wizards can teleport.

And when they appear? They're dead .9 seconds later. Another thing, Superman logically must be able to process information at speeds relative to his traveling speed. Otherwise he'd would have destroyed cities in that scene.

If they're clouds of black smoke, what would you imagine happens if an object traveling in the neighborhood of light-speed (might be greater) flies past them or through them? Blows them to and fro, they reform and attack.

In OOTP, the death eaters are shown flying right through Neville's head and it didn't even knock him over. They seemed to be like regular smoke.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Superman can fly fast enough to go back in time. That is, beyond the speed of light.
This is so stupid.

That was Reeve's feat. While they're supposed to be the same char. I'm only allowing Returns.

Agreed. I'm trying to drill a point into RJ's head.

Rogue Jedi
That was Reeve's feat. While they're supposed to be the same char. I'm only allowing Returns.

Agreed. I'm trying to drill a point into RJ's head. .9 seconds aint instant. Appariton is. Pretty simple.

Robtard
Blows them to and fro, they reform and attack.

In OOTP, the death eaters are shown flying right through Neville's head and it didn't even knock him over. They seemed to be like regular smoke.

Complete dissipation, possibly miles and miles apart. Which would likely kill them.

Smoke has mass.

Rogue Jedi
Complete dissipation, possibly miles and miles apart. Which would likely kill them.

Smoke has mass. Then why was the death eater shown flying right through Neville's head?

**** me I gotta go to work and save some n00b employee, back soon.

All Hail Impediment.

Robtard
.9 seconds aint instant. Appariton is. Pretty simple.

The wizards still has to form the thought and then think about teleporting to some location and then teleport. It's not some independant action that just happens, it's controlled and limited to the wizard casting.

Does that happen at the speeds Superman can do?

Zampanó
If we ignore the canon requirement to "turn on the spot" and accede to RJ's insistence that it is instantaneous (despite the duration of Dobby's attempt, as well as the clearly visible "unfolding" of Dumbledore and Harry in HBP) then Superman still demolishes his enemies at 25 feet.

There is not really a unit of measurement that can describe how insanely fast he has to be moving to be present in multiple places at once. If we accept .5c as our starting point, then Wolfram|Alpha tells us that the duration of Superman's trip from his starting point to within the enemy ranks is 5.08 x 10^-8 seconds. By comparison, to even register that the match has started will take (even being particularly generous, giving the Wizards reflexes more than a third faster than standard humans) 1.0 x 10^-3 seconds.

The difference is five orders of magnitude. Supes clears this easy.

I'm not sure what happens at range. If the Wizards can manage to put up some sort of barrier (or do long-distance voodoo) then they might survive more than a thousandth of a second.

Rogue Jedi
The wizards still has to form the thought and then think about teleporting to some location and then teleport. It's not some independant action that just happens, it's controlled and limited to the wizard casting.

Does that happen at the speeds Superman can do?

Well, obviously the wizards cannot apparate until the fight starts. They can, however, have a destination in mind already.

Half apparating? That requires no thought, they just take off.

Rogue Jedi

Placidity
While I agree Superman stomps this thread, I'd like to point out Superman cannot be at any two places at the same time, even the apparent observation by the news that he is (in the film), is not to be used literally. Pretty much one second/minute he was in X country, and the next in another, hence seemingly being at multiple places at the same time since no type of human travel could achieve that. At no point would two Supermen actually be seen at the same instant (e.g you seeing two of them in the same room).

Anyway, just post this video next time a superspeed vs X (e.g precog, yes RJ) debate comes up:

z3DASDDIrqI

Superspeed trumps in almost all cases.

Rogue Jedi
Too bad it's not from zee movies.

Rogue Jedi
Here we go, FF to :55...

o2-iXurARq8

Apparition is instant.

Placidity
Too bad it's not from zee movies.

Doesn't need to be.

I'm just depicting superspeed in its true perspective. Superspeed is superspeed. Routh is even faster than Welling, so that point is moot.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Doesn't need to be.

I'm just depicting superspeed in its true perspective. Superspeed is superspeed. Routh is even faster than Welling, so that point is moot. Still, can't use it here. Not a movie feat.

Placidity
Here we go, FF to :55...

o2-iXurARq8

Apparition is instant.

Didn't watch it cause I'm capped, but thats not even the point. Clark is fast enough to turn everyone into paste before the wizards can even form a thought.

Placidity
Still, can't use it here. Not a movie feat.

Um, yes I can. I can't use it as a feat for this topic, no. But that wasn't the point. I can tell you will say the same thing again though.

Rogue Jedi
Didn't watch it cause I'm capped, but thats not even the point. Clark is fast enough to turn everyone into paste before the wizards can even form a thought. The thought will already be there. The execution, that comes when the fight starts.

dadudemon
Didn't watch it cause I'm capped, but thats not even the point. Clark is fast enough to turn everyone into paste before the wizards can even form a thought.

This.

The fight ends .0000000000000000000000001 seconds into the fight. lol

Robtard
Well, obviously the wizards cannot apparate until the fight starts. They can, however, have a destination in mind already.

Half apparating? That requires no thought, they just take off.

Sure, they can think before the starting gun, that's not the issue. The fact that they'll be dead before they can do something is.

No, it would require the same as apparating. They think and then they do.

Sadako of Girth
Yup. MORE dead wizards. smile

Johnny Demonic
Superman uses his super speed to defeat the wizards and then victory screws Hermione and evaporates her head when he blows his load.

Robtard
Originally posted by Johnny Demonic
Superman uses his super speed to defeat the wizards and then victory screws Hermione and evaporates her head when he blows his load.

Sorry, per the OP Superman is out to kill. So he'd have to "victory screw" her corpse.

Johnny Demonic
Never said she was alive smile

Robtard

You're a sick person, GTFO.

dadudemon

naughty

Edit - Clarification: Johnny Demonic is my coworker that sits a few cubicles away. His IP probably shows as being on the same subnet as mine but I assure you, he is his own person. I say this because we've had problems with trading on Ikariam, an online RTS, because we were on the same subnet. I'm not sure how the "sock checker" works, but if it works by checking to see if peeps are on the same subnet, I'm just throwing this out there so mods know what's up with our similar IPs. (We're both at work, right now, obviously.)

Johnny Demonic
And if dadudemon pisses you off, paypal me and I will physically slap him for you.

Robtard
Translation: Dadudemon's sock.

http://suvudu.com/files/suvudumedia/body%20snatchers.jpg

dadudemon
And if dadudemon pisses you off, paypal me and I will physically slap him for you.

Wait wait wait....how do you know that that would not be ME paying you to hit me? naughty There's an entire industry dedicated just to that. teehee

Wait wait...back to the threadz: petrificus totalus.

Edit - Saw Robtard's post. Makes sense: he wants you to pay him to hit me. Sounds like a scam. I'd demand video evidence of said slapping and only pay half up front and the rest once the goods are delivered.

NemeBro
Superman is so fast that he could put every single setting the three fights take place in into space before the Wizards could do anything.

Or just kill them all at such speeds that all that is left would be a red mist, which used to be their bodies.

Sadako of Girth
Yep.
yes
In that time he could also get some chain, collect their ringpieces and make a victory necklace for Lois to wear.

Impediment
Originally posted by dadudemon
naughty

Edit - Clarification: Johnny Demonic is my coworker that sits a few cubicles away. His IP probably shows as being on the same subnet as mine but I assure you, he is his own person. I say this because we've had problems with trading on Ikariam, an online RTS, because we were on the same subnet. I'm not sure how the "sock checker" works, but if it works by checking to see if peeps are on the same subnet, I'm just throwing this out there so mods know what's up with our similar IPs. (We're both at work, right now, obviously.)

Good thing you clarified that, Dom. I ran a sock check and was a trifle suspicious at first. Welcome to Hell, Johnny.

Badabing
Superman (Returns) Vs All the wizard teachers at Hogwarts, the death eaters, Harry Potter, the fugly redheaded kid and the whiny girl

-Gear

Superman: One set of tights (pants and shirts), belt, boots and cape

Wizards: Their wand and if they can't travel without a broom, they get their broom.

-Scenario 1) Fight takes place in a large Roman arena, wizards on one side, Superman on the other. 25 feet apart.

-Scenario 2) Fight takes place in a large castle that looks eerily like Hogwarts but is just a castle and the surrounding area. Appx 2 miles grass and small forest. Wizards start spread around the castle. Superman is 1 mile away.

-Scenario 3) Fight takes place in a 10 mile section of a large city. Wizards start on one end. Superman on the other.

Stipulations:

-CIS/PIS is turned off for all combatants.

-All combatants are out for blood and will try to kill their opponent(s) as efficiently as possible. IE Superman won't hold back because he's the DC boyscout, Dumbledore will bring the heat,(no kindly old man aspects), Harry won't shit his pants etc.

-Superman is subject to magic. Spells that would target his physical aspects (heat, concussive force, cold etc) are subject to his invulnerability levels. EG if a bullet couldn't budge his eye, a spell that leaves flesh wounds won't either.

-No bitching or calling each other faggoty dumbshits etc. Prove your points.

(yes, RJ, this is for you) Scenario 1 -Superman wtfspeedblitzesftw. He showed great super speed in the Donner cut of Superman II.

Scenario 2 - Superman lifts the entire castle foundation and sends it into space. Just like Superman Returns.

Scenario 3 - See scenario 2, except this time it's the entire city.

Superman wins. 131

Sadako of Girth
Yep. Absolute stomp from the Krypton Klockcleaner.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
Good thing you clarified that, Dom.

thumb up

Sometimes, "Johnny Demonic" and I will argue out MVF matches before I post in the threads. We argued so much about this stuff that I guess he decided he might as well chip in. big grin

Sadako of Girth
So thats why you created the sock? stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
So thats why you created the sock? stick out tongue

shakefist

lol

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.