Igniz (KOF) X Seth (SF)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
Battle of the data stealers!

No End N Site
I'm gonna say it's a draw.

-Both can take fight data from one another. Altho, Seth's seems really broken compared to Igniz's but since most of Igniz's moves come from his suit, it won't really matter.

-Both can levitate

-I think Igniz is noticebly more powerful than Seth, regularly (and I refuse to count the Black Hole move Seth has as canon). Igniz can put a hurt on Seth better than Seth can put a hurt on him.

-While I'm not certain who is faster, as far as travel speed goes, Seth has much faster attack & reaction speed and he can teleport and spam it, at that. Igniz will fail to keep up with Seth on a regular basis given what we know.

Igniz is more powerful (and much cooler), but Seth is far more faster and tricky. It's a draw.

Esomark
I think No End put it best here. But both will win at pissing off whoever is playing against them.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by No End N Site
(and I refuse to count the Black Hole move Seth has as canon).

Hold up, are you refusing to accept canon here? Why would you reject onscreen evidence for Seths matter manipulation, but accept written word as fact even though the potential feat from it is even more ridiculous?

You have me confused here, I'm not looking to start another fight, but it does seem like your picking and choosing your canon here is all, to put it kindly, can I have some clarification please?

No End N Site
^ All you have to do is look at the move to see that it's not a serious attack.

1. He spaghettifies his opponents through gravity. The fact that he shoots you out alive is just a gameply mechanic. The moment a person is paghettified, they would die. There is not a SF character-scratch that-a fightin' game character (save a few) that can actually survive that move. He would kill anyone the instant he does it.

2. The force necessary to do this move is ridiculous. No one could withstand it. You can't avoid it unless you are FTL or can teleport far away.

3. He would learn all of your moves afterwards. And like I said, Seth's fight data thievery is very broken. Sim's teleport is a perfect example. It's a mystical spiritual move, you're not supposed to be able to learn that sort of thing unless you undergo the proper training and have the "special powers". This means Seth can learn moves like the SGS and Resurrection.

If that move is canon, then it's a 'far' better feat than what any other SF character has ever done.

Tha C-Master
Wait do you mean his infamous super?

Darkstorm Zero
^ All you have to do is look at the move to see that it's not a serious attack.

Exept it is there, and we can see it, and we can quantify it.

You know, this actually reminds me of a quote I saw somewhere here... It goes something like "It is, therefore it is, as opposed to, it is, WTF?"

1. He spaghettifies his opponents through gravity. The fact that he shoots you out alive is just a gameply mechanic. The moment a person is paghettified, they would die. There is not a SF character-scratch that-a fightin' game character (save a few) that can actually survive that move. He would kill anyone the instant he does it.

We don't know if it's gravity based, as I said, it could be a take on matter manipulation, like a very minor version of Galactus's power if you will.

Well, it could be that Seth can't hold his opponents in that state for very long? It is, after all, the single "weakest" Ultra in the game damage wise.

2. The force necessary to do this move is ridiculous. No one could withstand it. You can't avoid it unless you are FTL or can teleport far away.

Or block it, as is more often the case. As for force, we have RL humans doing faster human cannonball acts, the velocity isn't high enough to kill people who are high tier or better. Guys like Sean or Dan or Sakura would probably be gibbed, but anyone with sufficient endurance would walk away with a sore head and a lump.

3. He would learn all of your moves afterwards. And like I said, Seth's fight data thievery is very broken. Sim's teleport is a perfect example. It's a mystical spiritual move, you're not supposed to be able to learn that sort of thing unless you undergo the proper training and have the "special powers". This means Seth can learn moves like the SGS and Resurrection.

No more broken than that of Ignis.. And it's already established that Seth can't assimilate Satsui No Hadou or it's derived techniques. If he could do this, then the entire premise of him going after Ryu for the BLEECE project would have been for nothing, especially in light of the fact that he has/had access to Shadaloo's data stores on the subject, and someone once suggested that Juni was already amped with Ashura Senkuu, which suggests they got SOME data from Gouki.

In either case, is it confirmed if Seth's teleport was a take on Dhalsim's? or would it have been an original take, similar to the modified Spinning Pile Driver? Besides, Seth's Tanden Engine is specific in it's design, it's supposed to shape Ki into any technique or movement... The problem becomes scale, Would the Tenden allow him to mimic a SGS without dying? Remember, the SGS killed the user as often as the victim, Gouki was supposedly the first to have pulled it off more than once without dying, and has since gone on to perfect it into an artform.

If that move is canon, then it's a 'far' better feat than what any other SF character has ever done.

Not quite... It's destructive capacity is still limited quite a lot, because Seth can't hold it long enough to kill, unless the fighter is nearly dead already.

Tha C-Master
Gameplay wise it was weakened for balance. Storyline wise I'd say it is quite powerful. Would it beat the strongest fighters instantly? No, but I think it would destroy the weaker ones.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Exept it is there, and we can see it, and we can quantify it.

You know, this actually reminds me of a quote I saw somewhere here... It goes something like "It is, therefore it is, as opposed to, it is, WTF?"

We don't know if it's gravity based, as I said, it could be a take on matter manipulation, like a very minor version of Galactus's power if you will.

Well, it could be that Seth can't hold his opponents in that state for very long? It is, after all, the single "weakest" Ultra in the game damage wise.

Or block it, as is more often the case. As for force, we have RL humans doing faster human cannonball acts, the velocity isn't high enough to kill people who are high tier or better. Guys like Sean or Dan or Sakura would probably be gibbed, but anyone with sufficient endurance would walk away with a sore head and a lump.

No more broken than that of Ignis.. And it's already established that Seth can't assimilate Satsui No Hadou or it's derived techniques. If he could do this, then the entire premise of him going after Ryu for the BLEECE project would have been for nothing, especially in light of the fact that he has/had access to Shadaloo's data stores on the subject, and someone once suggested that Juni was already amped with Ashura Senkuu, which suggests they got SOME data from Gouki.

In either case, is it confirmed if Seth's teleport was a take on Dhalsim's? or would it have been an original take, similar to the modified Spinning Pile Driver? Besides, Seth's Tanden Engine is specific in it's design, it's supposed to shape Ki into any technique or movement... The problem becomes scale, Would the Tenden allow him to mimic a SGS without dying? Remember, the SGS killed the user as often as the victim, Gouki was supposedly the first to have pulled it off more than once without dying, and has since gone on to perfect it into an artform.

Not quite... It's destructive capacity is still limited quite a lot, because Seth can't hold it long enough to kill, unless the fighter is nearly dead already.

1. It is stated that it's an "artificial gravity well". The U1 the Boss version of Seth uses is actually the 4th 'Strongest' Ultra in the game. Besides, I'm pretty sure all that crap like spittin' peeps back out and it not bein' the strongest move is all tied to gameplay. Holdin' you in that state wouldn't even matter cuz the moment you are twisted, distorted and elongated, you would be dead.

2. Dude, that is all gameplay. The force necessary to spaghettifie a human is too great for all the SFs combined to simply block.

3. Actually it is 'far' more broken than Ignis'. Since Seth can learn moves that require special powers and it steals energy from the enviroment around him. There is nothin' that states Seth can't use the Satsui No Hadou. Infact, anyone can learn it. Also, they are not after, just, Ryu. They have bodysnatched many fighters. Ryu is just the strongest with most potential. Seth aint a fighter at heart, so he doesn't wish to learn the SNH the hard way. Why not just steal it from Ryu? BLEECE is designed to steal chi/ki from all life. SNH offers up alotta ki.

It is also stated that Seth can learn 'any' move he sees. The limits are never stated and the fact the he learned to teleport by watchin' Sim means he isn't just limited to punches, kicks and chi blasts. Rather he can learn the SGS or not, idk. But I'm sure that if he's able to swallow a person into the Tanden Engine, he would have their power.

4. No move in SF will suceed in killin' their foes as well as this one. The move aint canon. Akuma is far stronger than Seth, but if the move is canon, he would kill Akuma in snap. Even tho he isn't anywhere near as strong as him. That's how broken the move is. It also doesn't help that we don't see the move outside the game.

rinsi
To this topic: i think its a close call but igniz takes it just by that much... he has finesse, strength, a moveset of his own... seth's speed alone doesnt account for all that. my vote goes to Igniz, period.

To No End N Site: forget DORKSTORM, he is just a turd... no matter what u say to him he will simply repeat his initial argument over and over again, with no substantial addition to it, each time he repeats it. and the funny thing is that the retard is such an hypocrit, that when u would use an 'In-Game' mechanic move to support your fighter, he is gonna argue saying that its an In-game move not an actual feat, but right now this piece of crap is supporting seth's in-game move which is clearly a toon force non sense that capcom put in their games like flying birds around dizzy opponents and popping eyes. capcom knows that there retarded fanboys love this shit and DORKstorm here is no exception. anyhow i would suggest u to stop arguing with him and leave you with this phrase below for future references

"Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience"

Darkstorm Zero
1. It is stated that it's an "artificial gravity well". The U1 the Boss version of Seth uses is actually the 4th 'Strongest' Ultra in the game. Besides, I'm pretty sure all that crap like spittin' peeps back out and it not bein' the strongest move is all tied to gameplay. Holdin' you in that state wouldn't even matter cuz the moment you are twisted, distorted and elongated, you would be dead.

My only reall reason for looking at it as anything other than "Noodling" his opponent is that they seem to get transformed into energy, or perhaps drawn into a sort of "Black Hole dimension" if you will. Now, I can;t prove this, but it does lend credence to the fact that people have survived it... I dunno.

2. Dude, that is all gameplay. The force necessary to spaghettifie a human is too great for all the SFs combined to simply block.

Hmm, Energy resistance might work, but otherwise, see above.

3. Actually it is 'far' more broken than Ignis'. Since Seth can learn moves that require special powers and it steals energy from the enviroment around him. There is nothin' that states Seth can't use the Satsui No Hadou. Infact, anyone can learn it. Also, they are not after, just, Ryu. They have bodysnatched many fighters. Ryu is just the strongest with most potential. Seth aint a fighter at heart, so he doesn't wish to learn the SNH the hard way. Why not just steal it from Ryu? BLEECE is designed to steal chi/ki from all life. SNH offers up alotta ki.

I'm not too sure if anyone can learn SNH... It seems to be a limit of some sort, which is why so very few have ever actually survived the attempt to use it. Now, unless your reffering to characters like Dark Sakura...

It is also stated that Seth can learn 'any' move he sees. The limits are never stated and the fact the he learned to teleport by watchin' Sim means he isn't just limited to punches, kicks and chi blasts. Rather he can learn the SGS or not, idk. But I'm sure that if he's able to swallow a person into the Tanden Engine, he would have their power.

We don;t know the specifics of the Tanden Engine. Rather, he collects and absorbs Data, much the same as Ignis actually, but perhaps in a more focused and smaller way than the mass data gathering techniques NESTS uses.

4. No move in SF will suceed in killin' their foes as well as this one. The move aint canon. Akuma is far stronger than Seth, but if the move is canon, he would kill Akuma in snap. Even tho he isn't anywhere near as strong as him. That's how broken the move is. It also doesn't help that we don't see the move outside the game.

That only happens if he can catch Gouki with it tho, Akuma can port too.

Originally posted by rinsi
To No End N Site: forget DORKSTORM, he is just a turd... no matter what u say to him he will simply repeat his initial argument over and over again, with no substantial addition to it, each time he repeats it. and the funny thing is that the retard is such an hypocrit, that when u would use an 'In-Game' mechanic move to support your fighter, he is gonna argue saying that its an In-game move not an actual feat, but right now this piece of crap is supporting seth's in-game move which is clearly a toon force non sense that capcom put in their games like flying birds around dizzy opponents and popping eyes. capcom knows that there retarded fanboys love this shit and DORKstorm here is no exception. anyhow i would suggest u to stop arguing with him and leave you with this phrase below for future references

"Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience"

Excuse me, who the F**k are you?

Oh wait, troll, nevermind... Reported, NooB.

I have the right to defend my stance in any debate I participate in, and I also have the right NOT to be attacked by rampaging noobies with 1 (Count it? ONE) post to their name... I have to assume your a frigging sock of Addy, or some other gem filled clown. As such, you are on my ignore list.

rinsi
wow... i am on the ignore list of an ignorant F@ggot,

lol your such a lowlife... like i really care about being ignored by a dumbass of your calibur.

look at yourself... how angry you are with just ONE (yes, its counted as 1 Rtard) post to my name. kinda like poking a rabid dog. you really need to grow balls dude, reporting me wont do that. trust me.

see ya...

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by rinsi
wow... i am on the ignore list of an ignorant ******,

lol your such a lowlife... like i really care about being ignored by a dumbass of your calibur.

look at yourself... how angry you are with just ONE (yes, its counted as 1 Rtard) post to my name. kinda like poking a rabid dog. you really need to grow balls dude, reporting me wont do that. trust me.

see ya...

Well, instead of acting like a crackhead with hemeroids, why don't you explain what your problem is Hmm?

You came into a thread and IMMEDIATELY attacked me, so unless you are a sock of a prior member, then you should have no knowlege of me whatsoever, which makes your conduct very suspicious. Now, the only nitwit in recent memory is Addy, who was an ENORMOUS sock'n'troll of the highest order.

So tell me, who are you and whats your beef?

rinsi
no beef.... i just hate retards like you....

Darkstorm Zero
Bullsh!t.

You've got a beef, and I'm no retard, your just burned because your previous argument toppled like a stack of cards, ain't that right Addy?

Sorry to break it to you, but illogical fallicies do not an argument make, nor does your whinging, trolling, hateful, socking posts. You quite litterally proved that YOU are the mentally challenged one last time. And no amount of time changes mental deficiency. You want another round of banning and socking, you can do it alone.

Tha C-Master
Lol, man you are popular Darkstorm... some just keep coming back for you.

Darkstorm Zero
It must be my aftershave and deodorant... I thought I changed brands after august...

Tha C-Master
Lol, well you seem to have a rival nontheless. What do you plan to do?

Darkstorm Zero
I'll treat it like my mattress, and sleep on it.

Tha C-Master
You don't want to sleep with him... do you?

Darkstorm Zero
No... I mean that I am tired, and I'm going to bed.

Tha C-Master
2:30 am your time?

Darkstorm Zero
04:46am, and I got home from work at midnight

Tha C-Master
So you're 16 hours ahead of me then... gotcha. smile

You'd better sleep. You woman will kill you otherwise. stick out tongue

Darkstorm Zero
Well, sleep was good, whats next?

No End N Site
Wtf happened to this thread? Looks like DSZ has some fans!

Tha C-Master
His long lost love missed him. Did you dump this person in real life DSZ?

No End N Site
Dude, I think I know who that was.

Tha C-Master
Not Cloud?

Darkstorm Zero
I beleive it was that Addy dude from back in August. I don't know if it was Cloud or not, hey No End, could you PM me your info?

Tha C-Master
Yea I thought that too, nobody before that though.

Darkstorm Zero
If Cloud/Xeno/Wandering Flame is Addy, then he's been bearing a horrendous grudge for over a year now...

Esomark
When did all the SF hate start and why? I don't intend to generalize but the ones out for SF blood the most tend to be SNK fans. I love SNK but I still enjoy SF and Darkstalkers. If a fighting game is good, I'll play it.

Darkstorm Zero
It all started when Sado joined, followed by Wandering Flame...

But that wasn't bad, it gets really bad when guys like Addy signed on and immediately started slamming everyone.

Thats the long and short of it.

Tha C-Master
It is more of a "second place" thing. The fans of the second in running seem to have this underlying hate of the thing up top. It's like they want to be number 1 and they have just one obstacle. Thus they are very rabid.

Street Fighter is a target for obvious reasons. SNK is hugely popular but SF still has the number one spot. Smash Brother fanboys are terrible for this reason too.

Same thing with Wolverine and Spider-Man. Go to any thread where they are arguing against Spider-Man and the majority of them will be Wolverine fanboys.

It goes on and on. That's the nature of the game around here. Or anywhere really.

Darkstorm Zero
Thats what I don't understand... seriously, it's not a competition, it's a debate... A debate to see which character wins in combat generally speaking. Who cares where they come from? is it important to the debate? No, it really isn't...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Thats what I don't understand... seriously, it's not a competition, it's a debate... A debate to see which character wins in combat generally speaking. Who cares where they come from? is it important to the debate? No, it really isn't... It shouldn't be, but people let their bias get in the way of that. Everyone prefers certain things over others, but seriously does that mean you have to argue them winning all of the time for the sake of it? It's just a character.

To them it *is* competition. Some people are overly competitive like that I have friends and family who just make everything too personal and it's just silly.

AsbestosFlaygon
Vk_PxKL_1q4

'Nuff said.

Tha C-Master
Lol. That is broken, although there is gameplay and story segregation.

Frisky Dingo
Who ever that was, they sure seem 2 have had a grudge with DSZ B4 they even came. I'm definite, it was a sock. U don't just Xplode off the handle like that 4 sum 1 U just met.

Tha C-Master
It was you wasn't it? stick out tongue

Darkstorm Zero
Nah, different speech methods & demeanor, not to mention I don;t think Dingo here has spoken 2 words directly to me since he changed his name from Remulous. And even back then he was mostly agreeing with me against Sado & wandering flame.

Tha C-Master
I know it wasn't him, I was pulling his leg. He's a big SF fan so it wouldn't be him. stick out tongue

No End N Site
"Sado & wandering flame"

Between those two. Like, for reel.

Tha C-Master
Addy seems to post differently, IMO.

No End N Site
I think it's a front. I've never seen anyone with that much hate before. They have even socked the shit outta me. You don't come to a forum and target the same circle of people with the same arguments. Addy could be a new villain but damn is he like the other guys.

Darkstorm Zero
He posesses the same oppinions, but... I dunno, I don't remember Sado having so much hate, rather an arrogant smugness sometimes, but not outright hate....

Wandering Flame on the other hand....

No End N Site
Sado hated the shit outta SF, but I really didn't see him hate people. And yea, Wandering Lame pretty much lived to hate people over the intwebz. Making wiki articles about someone out of sheer hatred pretty much takes the cake from what I've see on this side of the forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.