Worst Game of 2010

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
This year, there have been a lot of bad games and we're here to discuss which is the crappiest of them all.

1. Rock of the Dead
wRDTUU65BQc

House of the Dead and Guitar Hero met eachother one night at a bar, then they made love in the nearest motel room, and gave birth to an abomination and that abomination is Rock of the Dead. I've played a lot of games that had me playing with guitars and ones that had me killing zombies and never have I thought of the two combining into one and why I never thought about it is because it's probably a bad idea (which it is). Destroying legions of undead with the power of rock does sound cool but you'll regret ever having your prayers answered when playing this game. There's bad voice acting, terrible lines, music that makes you feel queezy, zombies that practically do NOTHING when they're close enough to attack you, and a plot as simple as a dog urinating on a fire hydrant.

2. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
lYSVMWdO7zM

This is perhaps the worst game LucasArts has ever made by far. FUII is nothing more but a middle finger to fans of the Old Trilogy. We still got our emo-tistic, Gary Stu-like jedi, Starkiller, who gets cloned and betrays Darth Vader when he's about to kill him and goes out on a quest to get reunited with his love, Juno and that's when bantha poodoo starts hitting the fan. The game is so short, you'd think it would be DLC to the first Force Unleashed which for all we know probably was but was separated and was made into a sequel just to get more money to satisy the hunger of the greedy George Lucas. Other than the length, what's also a bothersome to this game is that the character you're playing is too ridiculously overpowered. With Starkiller, you'll be passing through the game in a breeze. Also, the special guest stars are out of character (for example: Yoda) and one of them hardly appears at all and would've probably made an interesting boss (I'm looking at you, Boba Fett). The final boss and the ending suck and don't worry, I won't spoil it for you but know this, you'll cry when you realize there's gonna be a part III. Oh, and did I forget to mention that FUII's DLC has you killing Chewbacca, Hon Solo and Leia? Like I said before, LucasArts is giving Old Trilogy fanboys the finger which we should rightfully cut off with a lightsaber.

3. Fighters Uncaged
liXQV7CpLS8

You're probably thinking to yourself "oh wow, a fighting game on Kinect. This is something I must try out" well don't. This game not only lacks multiplayer making it less fun but the game also doesn't pick up on your movements that well which makes things rather frustrating. This game is so bad, it makes boxing on Kinect Sports look like GOTY. Dull graphics, dull motion movement control, dull characters, and a dull storyline makes this one incredibly dull game that shouldn't cost $60.

4. Naughty Bear
gQWAxgPR0yU

You play as a teddy bear who goes Manhunt on all the other bears for not being invited to a party. Bad camera angles, gameplay that makes the character you're playing look like a flailing drunk, AI's that are stupid enough to get easily killed, and poor designing makes NB a must NOT have.

5. Iron Man 2 the Videogame
B2sNGmd68zY&feature=channel

Yet another movie based videogame made by Sega. Need I say more?

6. Alien vs. Predator
XcQ1VZy77Io

You're probably asking "where's Colonial Marines?" Well, I don't blame you. I wondered this myself until I once came across a Joystiq article that said it was postponed by Sega because they wanted to get Rebellion's AvP out first and they did and surprisingly, it's total rubbish. Before the game was released, I thought the game was gonna be good considering the fact that Rebellion's last AvP game on the PC was good but when it did come out, I have been wanting to ask an important question and that's "what the heck happened?" The game is a clunk-fest and things felt rather stale and too frustrating and odd to work with. There are some good things but in the end, it's still a rather poor game.

Btw, the reason why I have the word "other" in the bottom of the poll is that you can gladly mention a different game from the list that you think is the worst.

So, which game do you believe to be the worst of 2010?

Peach
Well, it doesn't cost $60...no Kinect games do.

Also, I say TFUII, followed by FFXIV.

Phanteros
TFU2 tied with FFIV

-Pr-
AVP wasn't that bad imo. TFU 2... Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Heard FFIV was all kinds of shit too.

Scythe
I loved AVP, it was alright, but I really hated Rock of the Dead and Iron Man 2.

NemeBro
I would like you all to know I have played none of the games mentioned in here.

So I have only played good games this year.

Nemesis X
I knew I forgot to add something on the list. Is FFXIV that game that has you mashing the same button through the whole game?

Peach
No, the MMO.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I knew I forgot to add something on the list. Is FFXIV that game that has you mashing the same button through the whole game? That would be FFXIII. laughing out loud

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Phanteros
TFU2 tied with FFIV
Was FFIV really that bad? Surprising that they could ruin one of the best FF games out there

Kazenji
TFU 2 even tho i have'nt played it all the reviews for it are bad enough

Avp was a good game and is'nt frustrating work with for me.

jinXed by JaNx
Aliens Vs PRedator wasn't that bad. Yeah, i definitely would like to have seen more polish and time in development but all things considered it was fun for any fan of the movies.

Force Unleashed sounds awful. I was looking forward to playing it. I may not even bother now.

Utrigita
TFU II, of the listed.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Aliens Vs PRedator wasn't that bad. Yeah, i definitely would like to have seen more polish and time in development but all things considered it was fun for any fan of the movies. .

Well the game is left open for a sequel, If Rebellion does it hope they spend a bit more time on it.

Morridini
I don't see what AvP is doing on this list.

As games are so expensive, I never buy bad games, and can thus not really say anything from personal experience. But from what I have heard, and of those listed, I believe the winner (loser) is Iron Man 2.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Morridini
I don't see what AvP is doing on this list.

At Gamespot they have it under "Worst Game Everyone Played"

http://au.gamespot.com/best-of-2010/dubious-honors/index.html?page=3

they've also got Transformers: War for Cybertron WTF?... under "Readers' Choice Voting"

-Pr-
just shows how gamespot really is...

General_Iroh
Yeah Game site reviews are kind of BS a lot of the time, UGO is the worst though, they had Black ops and Heavy Rain in their top 10 worst games of the year erm

Nemesis X
It's stupid that they have Heavy Rain in that list. Black Ops though did piss off a lot of people because of its broken multiplayer matchmaking which is perhaps why that game made it into the list.

-Pr-
it still has imo a great singleplayer, which should be enough for any game to avoid such a list.

Peach
AvP did get universally mediocre to poor reviews, though; I don't think I saw a single review that gave it a higher than a 6. It was pretty hit or miss, either you liked it or you didn't.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Peach
I don't think I saw a single review that gave it a higher than a 6. It was pretty hit or miss, either you liked it or you didn't.

8/10 Official Xbox Magazine

Fartbag
Most boring and worst game of this year would be mass effect 2. God so many CUTSCENES and so much talking. I thought games were mean't to be played and not watched?

RE: Blaxican
Hahaha, I like you, and I agree with everything you're saying.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Fartbag
Most boring and worst game of this year would be mass effect 2. God so many CUTSCENES and so much talking. I thought games were mean't to be played and not watched?

....facepalm

AsbestosFlaygon
It was rather boring though.

MadMel
Ahah..... Socks. stick out tongue

But srsly, TFU II.

I find it sickening that the company that made LOOM (my favourite game of all time) also made this crapfest. erm

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Fartbag
Lol, I would like to see this guy's reaction to the MGS4 ending cutscenes.

Shitbag
Originally posted by General_Iroh
Lol, I would like to see this guy's reaction to the MGS4 ending cutscenes. Heh MGS4 was EVEN worse, i just want to shoot stuff and the moment the first cutscene started, it was TOO LONG and i put it down and played MW2 on my 360.

Black Ops was another horrible game with TOO MUCH TALKING!! Jesus worst COD EVER.

srankmissingnin
I didn't play any of the games on the list, nothing about TFU 1 made me think spending 60 bucks on the sequel would be a good idea.

My bottom three are Bayonetta, FF13, and Bioshock 2.

Impediment
TFU 2 was so disappointing. So much wasted potential.

MadMel
Agreed.

Also - I frackin' love your sig/avy!! stick out tongue

stephenpolicia
Aliens Vs. Predator
Naughty Bear
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow

Nephthys
Apparantly Mindjack is the scum you find under your shoes. From what I've seen it looks ****ing terrible.

Phanteros
What did you expect from Square? outside their RPG's their other games tend to suck. Mindjack was just a clone of Giest

Phanteros
edit

Nemesis X
MindJack came out in 2011, not 2010 erm

Smasandian
Alien VS Predator was bad. It had no life.

My worst game of the year was easily Super Mario Galaxy 2. Exact same game as the first, made it harder which removed the great balance of the first game. Instead of being fun, it was a chore to play. Controls only increased the frustration of it.

It might not be the worst made game, but considering the pedigree of the franchise, it was a total letdown.

Nephthys
Ah, wheres the worst game of 2011 then? I was simply mentioning it for a contender to that. Naturally. Of course.

Stoic
For me it was Dragon Age 2. That game was all kinds of bullsh1t. I was expecting the same feel as origins, and a story that continued where Origins left off, and then what do I get? Some unknown band of thrown together misfits, that made me feel rushed, and bored at the same time, which in turn just left me anxious for the good part to begin. This however never happened. Oh and the repetitive dungeons, i mean the only thing that separated one dungeons look from the other was either the randomized treasure, or an embedded story driven NPC waiting there to attempt the assassination of my very bland and generic player character. It's a good thing that I did not buy this one at full price.

FinalAnswer
Dragon Age 2 was one of my favorite games of 2011.

awesome

Ridley_Prime
Still glad to see The Force Unleashed II getting the highest amount of votes on the poll, by a landslide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.