Surfer/Thor vs Superman/Wonder Woman/Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

No Tp for this fight.

Konton
Team DC. Unfair numbers.

StyleTime
The DC trio.

Q99
Yea, it's three on two.

carver9
Team one could work wonders thoughm

Q99
Originally posted by carver9
Team one could work wonders thoughm

So can team 2 and they have more people to do it with.

Bouboumaster
I'll say team 1 because:
1- Sups, while aguarbly being, IMO, the second most powerful dude in this fight, has a huge, huge disadavantage, and this is Silver Surfer. The herald of Galactus has showings that shows him ****ing good peeps with weaknesses and Sups has multiples of them.

2- Wonder Woman is kind of a weaklink. She's super duper strong, but she's no Surfer or Thor, or Sups or Manhunter. When Sups falls because of Surfer (and he'll fall fast), Diana don't have the firepower to win against anyone of team 1.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
So can team 2 and they have more people to do it with.

I agree but I could see thor holding off wonder woman and the martian long enough for surfer to take care of supes.

That's all thor really needs to do is conjure up a lot of stuff and throw it at them keeping them occupied while surfer finish off supes.

D_Dude1210
What about MM's fire weakness?

Uriel005
WW needs to be geared for this fight and geared heavily. Also Thor Godblast instakills Manhunter when he gets frustrated with his intangibility. Make it SBP and I'd say DC wins because he can't be removed via red sunlight magic/kryptonite weaknesses or at the least it would be much more difficult. Manhunter needs TP but even then Surfer outdoes him IMO.

Martian_mind
Team DC.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Konton
Team DC. Unfair numbers.

thumb up

I agree but I could see thor holding off wonder woman and the martian long enough for surfer to take care of supes.

That's all thor really needs to do is conjure up a lot of stuff and throw it at them keeping them occupied while surfer finish off supes.

because it's going to be so easy for Surfer to finish off Superman. ermm

especially while thor is fighting two of the top heralds in dc. of course. simple. piece of cake...

Q99

What if WW stays against Thor and MM goes off to help Supes double-team Surfer?

Her standard loadout is pretty heavy, lasso, bracers (with Zeus-zappyness), tiara.

Plus, she remembered to bring J'onn *and* Clark, so that's a heavy loadout indeed.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
thumb up

especially while thor is fighting two of the top heralds in dc. of course. simple. piece of cake...

I never said that it would be easy... what I did say is that team one versatility could tip the scale. I already know what you are going to say "versatility isn't everything", I agree if it was two other people, but surfers and thor versatility is off the chain.

Each characeter gets basic knowledge of the other. Surfer and thor would start off the fight with everything since they know that this fight is against the odds.

Everyone on team 2 (besides wondy) is suffering from a major weakness and team 1 could easily expose this.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Konton
Team DC. Unfair numbers.

thumb up

Ladyboy
I like surfer he/it is asexual.

-Pr-
I never said that it would be easy... what I did say is that team one versatility could tip the scale. I already know what you are going to say "versatility isn't everything", I agree if it was two other people, but surfers and thor versatility is off the chain.

Each characeter gets basic knowledge of the other. Surfer and thor would start off the fight with everything since they know that this fight is against the odds.

Everyone on team 2 (besides wondy) is suffering from a major weakness and team 1 could easily expose this.

basic knowledge doesn't cover how to make their weaknesses, or even what they are. That's assuming they're even capable of reproducing some of them effectively.

carver9
basic knowledge doesn't cover how to make their weaknesses, or even what they are. That's assuming they're even capable of reproducing some of them effectively.

That's not what I am saying. What I am saying is that with the basic knowledge that they have of each dc character, they will know that they are fighting against a powerful group and surfer along with thor will bring everything out during the beginning of the fight... there will be no holding back since the odds are against them.

If they don't take surfer out immediately, he could easily scan them and pass the info to thor on how to take them out.

-Pr-
That's not what I am saying. What I am saying is that with the basic knowledge that they have of each dc character, they will know that they are fighting against a powerful group and surfer along with thor will bring everything out during the beginning of the fight... there will be no holding back since the odds are against them.

If they don't take surfer out immediately, he could easily scan them and pass the info to thor on how to take them out.

you didn't specify whether cis was on or off.

scan them? how? and if you say cosmic awareness, i'll have my facepalm ready.

carver9
you didn't specify whether cis was on or off.

scan them? how?

CIS is still on but I see no reason on why thor and surfer would fight like morons against 3 heralds.

Cosmic awareness.

-Pr-
CIS is still on but I see no reason on why thor and surfer would fight like morons against 3 heralds.

Cosmic awareness.

so the other three would fight like morons?

thought you'd say that. facepalm

carver9
so the other three would fight like morons?

thought you'd say that. facepalm

Lol... naah, but they would fight with more confidence and a lil loosely since they do have 3 people. The CIS would hit them more since it is 3 on 2.

Lol... what's wrong with my cosmic awareness statement?

-Pr-
Lol... naah, but they would fight with more confidence and a lil loosely since they do have 3 people. The CIS would hit them more since it is 3 on 2.

Lol... what's wrong with my cosmic awareness statement?

why?

because cosmic awareness is arguably the most overstated thing on this forum when it comes to surfer? it's not some magic search engine; not for surfer anyway.

Philosophía
Superman can beat either of the two and as a team, Diana and J'onn can also beat either of the two.

They destroy team 1.

Bouboumaster
How to deal with Martian Manhunter:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer1.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer2.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/surfer3.jpg

How to OWN Superman:
http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/?action=view&current=Surferstripssympiraofherpowers.jpg

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/?action=view&current=Surferstripssympiraofherpowers2.jpg

How much time did it took?

And what would happen if Wondie comes to save Sups while Surfer ass-rape him?
http://img65.imageshack.us/f/scan0013pb5.jpg/
http://img65.imageshack.us/f/scan0014hl8.jpg/
http://img65.imageshack.us/i/scan0015hd2.jpg/
That's right: so little.

And just for fun:
http://img5.imageshack.us/i/77299079.jpg/

Philosophía
It's quite sad that in all your time here, you haven't mentally evolved in the slightest.

Bouboumaster

tideoftime
In a "conventional" battle, Team 2 should take the majority. However, in a more "serious" battle, I have to agree with the idea that both Thor and Surfer playing the weakness exploitation card on Supes is problematic for Team 2; in several battle scenarios, it's quite likely that it will become a Thor/Surfer vs. WW/MM battle fairly quickly, and Team 2 will lose more often than win.

As a median average between those two over-arcing scenario-probabilities, I'd go with a general split: Team 1 gets it's wins via weakness exploitation, while Team 2 gets it's wins from superior numbers and superior group speed/strength.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Do I know you? Yes, I'm the one telling you that you're not very bright.

MrMind
I think MM can take on thor, and the combination of sup and WW can beat surfer. so team 2 all the way

Uriel005
surfer red sunbeams superman. Thor magic thunder blast him like captain marvel for the KO. Man Hunter gets god blasted when Thor gets fed up with his intangibility and TP attacks. WW gets face pwned by Mjolnir if she's not geared and Surfer takes this easy.

carver9
Originally posted by tideoftime
In a "conventional" battle, Team 2 should take the majority. However, in a more "serious" battle, I have to agree with the idea that both Thor and Surfer playing the weakness exploitation card on Supes is problematic for Team 2; in several battle scenarios, it's quite likely that it will become a Thor/Surfer vs. WW/MM battle fairly quickly, and Team 2 will lose more often than win.

As a median average between those two over-arcing scenario-probabilities, I'd go with a general split: Team 1 gets it's wins via weakness exploitation, while Team 2 gets it's wins from superior numbers and superior group speed/strength.

This is everything that I said (you said it better though, good job).

Philosophía
Originally posted by Uriel005
surfer red sunbeams superman.
(1). Superman blitzes him before he even considers it.
(2). Superman takes it, and seeing as how Surfer's eye beam is in no way comparable to a sun-eater's attack, is none of the worse for the wear, and then blitzes Surfer.
(3). The same as above, only Superman lets Wonder Woman lasso him while Surfer is busy eye-blasting him.

Originally posted by Uriel005
Thor magic thunder blast him like captain marvel for the KO.
(1). Superman blitzes him before he does it.
(2). Lightning moves in slow motion for even the weakest version of Superman. Superman dodges it and punches Thor unconscious. Or vibrates through it, in case it's omni-directional.
(3). Diana intervenes and directs it back at Thor, and we know how good he is against it.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Prince%20of%20Power%204/3.jpg?t=1282865759

http://www.comicboards.com/php/image.php?msg=comicbattles-2010120504484741&att=1.jpg&fullsize=yes
http://www.comicboards.com/php/image.php?msg=comicbattles-2010120504484741&att=2.jpg&fullsize=yes

smile

The other two parts depend on this part of the post being accurate, which is not.

psycho gundam
thor's been pretty wack these days, he's not his premier self

surfer vs three top tiers ....and thor erm

c'mon son, get your weight up

Bouboumaster

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
What standards do you use? A rock.

psycho gundam
oh wow

SMuXwdUS_Lc

-Pr-
Phil, don't bash.

Boubou, if you want to avoid getting negative attention, posting relevant scans would be a good start.

Mindship
CIS is still on but I see no reason on why thor and surfer would fight like morons against 3 heralds. CIS on? You just made this easier for me. The DC3 win. I think Surfer and Thor are more CIS-handicapped because writers have a harder time handling their versatility, so often they get limited to their typical/characteristic fighting style (eg, Surfer zippin' around, shooting cosmic bolts). On the other hand, because Superman has a more limited powerset, writers often have him be quite creative in using his powers.

If CIS was off...then I'm not sure. DC has the numbers advantage, and Superman isn't always so easily negated with weakness exploitation. Marvel, though...as some bios put it, it's easier to list, eg, what Surfer can't do.

I dunno. I think DC might still win, but it could go either way.

Rage.Of.Olympus

bagsikdangal101
Wait if CIS is on, shouldn't the things happening in Chaos War:Thor be included in this fight?Becca praying to Thor and defeating Glory w/ the power of 10,000 Gods.Becca wasn't even aware that her prayer was helping Thor that time.If this is included, then team 2 is in serious trouble.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What?

Becca's prayer helped Thor on a spiritual level. It gave that extra bit of hope needed for him to get his fighting spirit back. Won't be much use here.

Uriel005
He is right though Chaos War Herc, Cho, and Thor could solo DC if they are current.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.