Doctor Manhattan wants to die

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Manhattan has grown tired of his existence. He seeks a way to end himself, once and for all. He seeks out two groups. Group A is Voldemort, Dumbledore and the death eaters. Group B is every Jedi/Sith shown in every SW movie.

Manhattan tells them to end him for good. He holds his arms at his sides, nods, and closes his eyes.

The Jedi/Sith go first, with their most powerful force attacks. The Wizards go second, with their most powerful spells.

Who destroys Manhattan?

Sadako of Girth
Not the Wizards. Doc Manhattan already destroyed Hogwarts and beat Harry to death with his one eyed trouser snake 'cause the Wizards were powerless against him, obviously.....but I think it'd take something like the force itself intervening some how or something for the SWers to stop Manhattan.

But if science and tech has the answer, then SW will beat the wizards to that post too.

Rogue Jedi
Nah. Force attacks would fail miserably.

The wizards are all alive, doofus. There is no Wizard/Jedi matchup in this thread.

Snape steps up, Avada Kedavra. Ding dong, the Doc is dead!!!

It would seem HPmagic is more powerful.

Thanks for playing eek!

Sadako of Girth
Its seems that it is more powerful to you, cause of the wizzjizz crust in your eyes.

Show me a feat in HP that has blown up a planet... (A feat that is insignificant next to the power of the force, BTW.)

Oh thats right. There nothing even remotely comparable cause Wizards are small time when compared to a unified energy field that penetrates and binds an entire galaxy/universe together.

Or even a mere SW technological invention like the Death Star..

Kaibs
No... I don't think that would work either. It would take some heavy shit to kill him I think on either side. If we could use Luke past the movies then he would get it done, since he had so much control of the force he could change the universe. Other than him, I honestly have no idea. Maybe a super charged death star blast would do the trick. I dont think the HP magic would work though. It's not absolute like you might think it is.

Nephthys
This isn't a versus fight. erm

Can a mod close this?

Kaibs
Why does it matter? You could just choose to not even bother with the thread.

Nephthys
BECUASE TEH INTERNET IS SEREOUS BUSSINESS!

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

Kaibs
Originally posted by Nephthys
BECUASE TEH INTERNET IS SEREOUS BUSSINESS!

haha. PREACH IT BROTHA!

the ninjak
Hey RJ if Manhattan wanted to die a death spell would do the trick!
As long as he didn't clone himself he dies simple.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by the ninjak
Hey RJ if Manhattan wanted to die a death spell would do the trick!
As long as he didn't clone himself he dies simple. Because HP magic is more powerful than the Force.

And sadako doesn't like it, hence his little one liners.

The Nuul
Doctor Manhattan wants to die? Yes, by 3 spells.

Rogue Jedi
One will do. Avada Kedavra.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
One will do. Avada Kedavra.

Pretty much.

He admitted himself in the film when Ozymodius killed him that he was a fool not to realise that he made clones of himself.

Rogue Jedi
Dead, 100% dead, there's nothing to regen from. This is why Avada Kedavra would kill Superman and Hancock (again, IF it hit them), and the Hulk. Wolverine too.

BruceSkywalker
any actual proof from the movies and not blindly fanboyism that a magic spell will destroy a being of pure energy?

any actual proof a magic spell can kill a God?

Rogue Jedi
Avada Kedavra is a life ender. It kills, it removes life from the victim. If Mnahattan is literally 100% dead, no amount of regen in the universe brings him back.

Nephthys
Apparantly it strikes the soul directly. If thats true (and provable) I guess Manhatten would die if hit, as I assume he still has a soul. The problem with that is I don't think that was actually stated on-screen, so whatever.

And while he's made of pure energy he still touches things and is solid, so I assume it'll still hit him normally.

Rogue Jedi
Apparantly it strikes the soul directly. If thats true (and provable) I guess Manhatten would die if hit, as I assume he still has a soul. The problem with that is I don't think that was actually stated on-screen, so whatever.

And while he's made of pure energy he still touches things and is solid, so I assume it'll still hit him normally. It's not like a wizard can take him in combat, all I'm saying is IF it hits him.

Sadako of Girth
Because HP magic is more powerful than the Force.

And sadako doesn't like it, hence his little one liners.

laughing out loud Yet it constantly is shown in the threads, the movies, in fandom debates, that The force is the greater and more powerful.

But back to your fantasies you can go, just dont try to present them as fact in the face of massive contrary evidence. smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Yet it constantly is shown in the threads, the movies, in fandom debates, that The force is the greater and more powerful.

But back to your fantasies you can go, just dont try to present them as fact in the face of massive contrary evidence. smile Sure, and all you have to offer in said threads is "The wizards were dead a long time ago."

Weak, dude.

Sadako of Girth
Its all I HAVE to say, cause the outcomes I refer to are all in the beginning pages of those threads. smile

Ergo: Backed up statements.

Rogue Jedi
Oh it's surely all you have to say, you've made that painfully obvious. I LOL every time I call you out and you slytherin back inside your little spite shell.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud
More bullshit mischaracterisation...?

Nice that youre virtually admitting that you can't admit defeat. smile

Rogue Jedi
I'm right here, ready to bury anything you throw at me.

Bring it.

Sadako of Girth
In this thread. You seriously want me to bring over six threads into this one... Nope. Cant turn this into a shit fest.

Just go back into threads you speak of, and read say the 1st pages of all of them. You will see them there.
And although all this macho "Burying" BS, is your pose right now, you couldnt do so in like 35+ pages subsequent to the killings.
Everyone has discredited your countering arguments there.

Rogue Jedi
Dodge.

And no, they haven't. Borbarad is currently tearing you a new orifice. He's saying alot of the same things I have.

Sadako of Girth
No he puts his stuff together better than you.
My orignal orafice count remains intact though.

Dr Will Hatch
The particle machine that killed the beast in "No Such Thing" might kill Doctor Manhattan.

Rogue Jedi
No he puts his stuff together better than you.
My orignal orafice count remains intact though. Same shit is being said, in a more presentable fashion, by a different person. I've been preaching that shit since page one in all HP threads.

It really amazes me that you can go on ignoring the difference in power sets.

steverules_2
Everytime RJ makes a versus thread which causes an argument between him and Sadako...a fairy dies

Rogue Jedi
That's why we do it. Fairies suck.

steverules_2
Happens a lot, you make a thread that pisses him off and then you two argue about it...but without you two arguing this place may not be so fun

Rogue Jedi
Wizards have the power to Kill Manhattan. Jedi do not. The argument as to who is more powerful is now over.

And he doesn't like it.

steverules_2
Well considering Manhattan is letting himself be killed then yeah they probs could...if he were fighting back...manhattan would clearly win...but thats not the case here

Dr Will Hatch
Wizards have the power to Kill Manhattan. Jedi do not. The argument as to who is more powerful is now over.

And he doesn't like it.

By KMC Forum rules, Jedi don't have the feats to kill Manhattan, but if Manhattan existed in the SW universe they would. The Force is the totality of everything that exists, and if Mahatten existed then ergo Jedi would be able to to atomize people/things like Doc does.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, funny that was never shown onscreen.

Nephthys
Oh the jedi could kill Manhatten. Just saber him a few dozen times. Manhattan's nigh unkillable becuase he can just regen or reconfigure or whatever his molecules back together. If he's actively trying to die, he just doesn't do that and dies.

Rogue Jedi
No, they couldn't. Ozy disintegrated him and he still regenned. It didn't kill him, he was able to regen.

Dr Will Hatch
Mhm, funny that was never shown onscreen.

Just speculating, dude. Movie Jedi couldn't do squat to Manhattan. I'm just saying that The Force isn't a bag of random tricks like magic is. It's the essense of everything that is.

Nephthys
He regenned becuase he wanted to. Here he does not. Simple.

Rogue Jedi
He regenned becuase he wanted to. Here he does not. Simple. Wizard versus Manhattan, during the Watchmen movie, when Manhattan cannot see the future, is an epic curbstomp in favor of the wizard. Avada Kedavra ends life instantly, if Manhattan is literally dead, he cannot regen.

It's not rocket science, dude.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Death spell separates the soul from the body. So, no matter what, it would kills DM. It's magic, not science.

However, I do not see how any wizard could ever land a single spell on him. Ever.

See?

Nephthys
Wizard versus Manhattan, during the Watchmen movie, when Manhattan cannot see the future, is an epic curbstomp in favor of the wizard. Avada Kedavra ends life instantly, if Manhattan is literally dead, he cannot regen.

It's not rocket science, dude.

That literally has nothing to do with what I said.

Rogue Jedi
That literally has nothing to do with what I said.

It removes the soul from the body. This is shown onscreen.

Nephthys
That still doesn't have anything to do with why the Jedi will be able to kill him, which is what I was talking about. We've already established that the death spell would be lethal to him. I'm not challenging that.

Also, huh? When was that shown on-screen?

Rogue Jedi
That still doesn't have anything to do with why the Jedi will be able to kill him, which is what I was talking about. We've already established that the death spell would be lethal to him. I'm not challenging that.

Also, huh? When was that shown on-screen? Ministry battle. FF to 2:19.

pZWtt1oAPCM

Or not, kinda hard to tell.

Placidity
Originally posted by the ninjak

He admitted himself in the film when Ozymodius killed him that he was a fool not to realise that he made clones of himself.

Um, what?

I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Blinky
Nice too see that no matter how much time goes by, RJ will always stroke Harry's wand faithfully.

Rogue Jedi
Aw, lookit the big boy!!!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Blinky
Nice too see that no matter how much time goes by, RJ will always stroke Harry's wand faithfully.

+20

Rogue Jedi
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/vader-voldemort-chart-555-1-1.jpg

Sadako of Girth
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01763/potter_1763593c.jpg

I bet you are.

Rogue Jedi
How so? It's finally proven that HP wizards possess power far greater than the SW Force.

Why would this upset me?

Sadako of Girth
Because that fantasy of yours in particular hasn't happened at all.

The wizards were all killed before you could have you way with them.
Thats why you cry.... endlessly.

Rogue Jedi
There it is again, the sweet smell of your concession eek!

Nephthys
Except that wasn't proven. Both teams can kill him. So the thread is a draw.

Rogue Jedi
Except that wasn't proven. Both teams can kill him. So the thread is a draw. haermm No, they can't.

Let's go with this: Takes place during the Watchmen movie. Manhattan does not want to die. He cannot see the future because of Ozy's scheme.

The wizards end him with avada kedavra. The spell removes the soul. He is literally dead, ended, nothing left to regen from.

The Jedi have nothing that would literally kill him.

Pretty simple.

Sadako of Girth
There it is again, the sweet smell of your concession eek!

'Tis the new fragrance of your arguments freshly cleaned clock. smile

Star-win. smile

Rogue Jedi
"The Wizards were all killed long ago", first of all, lame comeback. Second of all, the wizards are not in danger here.

Pay attention.

Sadako of Girth
They are in danger of being judged as being far weaker than the SW forces...which is true, of course.

Nephthys
Now who's changing the thread? wink

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Pwned

Rogue Jedi
Now who's changing the thread? wink Changing the thread how? I was simply asking a question.

And your answer was perfect. smile

jaden101
So this is Dr Manhattan who can teleport to anywhere in the universe pretty much instantly....Can create and destroy life at will...Can manipulate matter at the sub atomic level...Perceives time in a non linear fashion and thus, barring the use of tachyons, can see anything that is going to happen. This is a being that can walk on the surface of the sun. He can phase through solid object...Can create multiple copies of himself (unknown how many)

It's also stated that during a potential conflict during the cold war he would be able to destroy 99% of all incoming soviet missles while simultaneously destroying large areas of the Soviet Union.

This is a being that pretty much single handedly won the Vietnam war.

Is this actually a serious debate?...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jaden101
So this is Dr Manhattan who can teleport to anywhere in the universe pretty much instantly....Can create and destroy life at will...Can manipulate matter at the sub atomic level...Perceives time in a non linear fashion and thus, barring the use of tachyons, can see anything that is going to happen. This is a being that can walk on the surface of the sun. He can phase through solid object...Can create multiple copies of himself (unknown how many)

It's also stated that during a potential conflict during the cold war he would be able to destroy 99% of all incoming soviet missles while simultaneously destroying large areas of the Soviet Union.

QFT

Sadako of Girth

Nah its a butthurt fest on account of the fact that RJ didnt like the outcome of Doc Manhattan vs Hogwarts, which literally concluded with Hogwarts destroyed, all wizards dead, and Harry Potter himself humiliatingly beaten to death with Manhattan's blue-bus-like trouser snake, blended perfectly with a hint of "SW beats HP and he doesnt like it" angst. Delicious. smokin'

jaden101
Nah its a butthurt fest on account of the fact that RJ didnt like the outcome of Doc Manhattan vs Hogwarts, which literally concluded with Hogwarts destroyed, all wizards dead, and Harry Potter himself humiliatingly beaten to death with Manhattan's blue-bus-like trouser snake, blended perfectly with a hint of "SW beats HP and he doesnt like it" angst. Delicious. smokin'

Aaahhh...One of those again?

Rogue Jedi

Is this actually a serious debate?... Did you even read the thread?

Sadako of Girth

Aaahhh...One of those again?

Sadly so. yes

Rogue Jedi
Well hello Mr. Pot!!!! Sup?

Sadako of Girth
RJ, thats the mirror....we're over here.

Rogue Jedi
Just following your act, babe. Funny how Jaden accused me of doing the same thing you've been doing for days now.

Sadako of Girth
Nah... Youve been like that for welllllllll over a year.

I post a few threads where your wizard friends are roasted (As they are in your HP love threads), and you cry and shit yerself. smile

jaden101
Just following your act, babe. Funny how Jaden accused me of doing the same thing you've been doing for days now.

I've accused somebody something?

News to me.

Still...If the shoe fits.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Placidity
Um, what?

I'm pretty sure that never happened.

DM says it when he is huge and attacks Ozy through the roof.

He said he made clones of himself.

Nephthys
No he didn't:

TmVgEdBVWOQ&feature=related

Rogue Jedi
Nah... Youve been like that for welllllllll over a year.

I post a few threads where your wizard friends are roasted (As they are in your HP love threads), and you cry and shit yerself. smile Actually there's only one where they are likely roasted. The rest I turned back on the owner.

Sadako of Girth
Erm. No. You didn't own them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.