Shang Chi vs Captain America (No Shield)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
This is a straight up fight, None of them have weapons

Personally I think, no I believe Shang Chi takes this.

Forget CIS or PIS (Best of ability forum rules and what not)
Talking about Steve Rogers not Bucky

HigH ScholaR
lol my previous thread just got closed there's me thinking that Captain Britain had an upgrade of some sorts plus being magical based ah well

Shang Chi takes this.

hmm i wonder if this gets closed too hmph

thanos-prime
Cap.

StiltmanFTW
Bucky gets destroyed.

Steve might win, hard to say.

HigH ScholaR
I've edited my original post to make it clear that I was talking about Steve Rogers

godking
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
This is a straight up fight, None of them have weapons

Personally I think, no I believe Shang Chi takes this.

Forget CIS or PIS (Best of ability forum rules and what not)
Talking about Steve Rogers not Bucky Rogers

For the record i take Rogers against any martial artist without a superhuman edge. Eventually the combination of skill + his stats make him nigh impossible to beat for any martial artist without a superhuman edge.

His combination of skill and super human stats make him a nightmare for any martial artist without a superhuman edge

SamZED
Doesnt Shang's chi amp make him almost superhuman?

King Castle
Shang Chi does have superhuman edge... no expression

he has his chi scream similar to elektra and his tornado spin attack...

he is himself peak human that a human can approach to not counting cap..

that is what makes this fight hard to call.. i personally like Shang Chi but that isnt reason for me to say one or the other without further illumination

tideoftime
(This is at least better thought-out and/or a better match than your absurd CB vs. SM thread -- seriously, dude, what *were* you thinking with that one? I mean, CB has *nothing* on CM -- *SERIOUSLY* -- and he certainly is no match for Superman...)

Okay, sorry -- got distracted...

This is a good one. Assuming straight H2H/fighting prowess/physical attributes and feats, I'd have to say it's a general split: Shang Chi has better finesse, and gets wins that way, while Steve has a general, across-the-board balance of combat prowess, peak/low-grade metahuman physical ability, and a will to simply not fail.

Yeah, I'd say this is a general split, with 6-7/10 arguements viable for either opponent, based on circumstances/situations.

With powers/weapons, things get a bit murky... I'd have to *really* think that one through...

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by tideoftime
(This is at least better thought-out and/or a better match than your absurd CB vs. SM thread -- seriously, dude, what *were* you thinking with that one? I mean, CB has *nothing* on CM -- *SERIOUSLY* -- and he certainly is no match for Superman...)

Okay, sorry -- got distracted...

thumb up roll eyes (sarcastic)

lol giving me a lecture about better thought out matches

If you must know that match was spur of the moment
, but yes be it that CB wouldn't win i thought it would be interesting. Just to clarify by CB being CM that was in terms of similarity of character nature and magical based and not skill/power set. wink

Originally posted by tideoftime
Assuming straight H2H/fighting prowess/physical attributes and feats, I'd have to say it's a general split: Shang Chi has better finesse, and gets wins that way, while Steve has a general, across-the-board balance of combat prowess, peak/low-grade metahuman physical ability, and a will to simply not fail.

Yeah, I'd say this is a general split, with 6-7/10 arguements viable for either opponent, based on circumstances/situations.

Yeah this I agree with but I cant but help to side with Shang Chi jus to have the edge when it comes down to it.

leonidas
cap's had some interesting battles against top martial artists. early on he was pretty dominant over IF until the ironfist was used and blocked.

i'd take steve--just--though it may be because of personal bias.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just watch, in the current arc Brubaker is gonna have Steve come off as superior to Shang or just as skilled.

If I had to pick a winner? Steve.

Uriel005
Steve but only because I don;t even really consider him peak human anymore

Afterimage
Cap wins... not easily though..

Daredevil1
Cap takes it.

The Pict
Originally posted by SamZED
Doesnt Shang's chi amp make him almost superhuman?

Yeah.

IIRC he took a shot from Korg of Hulk's warbound and survived.

Uriel005
caps survived thanos pimp hand

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Pict
Yeah.

IIRC he took a shot from Korg of Hulk's warbound and survived.

He said he equally distributed damage over his body or something like that. Awesome feat.

Daredevil1
Cap took a beating from a blood lusted Ironman and Namor.

Cap also has a similar feat to Shang getting punched sky high from a dragon by Warrior Women accept Cap remained conscious. IIRC

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Cap took a beating from a blood lusted Ironman and Namor.

Cap also has a similar feat to Shang getting punched sky high from a dragon by Warrior Women accept Cap remained conscious. IIRC

Off the top of my head Shang Chi's fought Thing. About the dragon now, are you talking about actual dragons here if so Shang Chi also fights dragons and beats them more so than he doesn't (I don't even think a dragon has beaten him)

Black Panther considers Shang Chi as well as the martial arts world better than Iron Fist and perhaps the best in the world.
http://a.imagehost.org/view/0781/blz19

Shang Chi is almost superhuman himself he might as well be actually.

Daredevil1
All I see is BP saying that Shang chi is the master of kung fu. And that he respects Iron fist chi is strong.

There's also a scan of Zaran stating Captain America is better then Shang Chi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.