The Great Journey Coast to Coast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaibs
The Scenario: It is 20 years into the future (the year 2031). The United States has broken out into chaos as it turns out vampires, zombies, and demons exist and have torn the country into ruins. You are a scientist in Washington D.C. and you need to get to Alcatraz Island as you may have the knowledge with their resources on the island to start a recovery process to bring balance back into human life. You are to be guided by a two companions that will try to help you get to your destination.

The Starting Location: Washington D.C.

The Ending Location: Alcatraz Island

The Enemies: Demons from Hell like the ones in Constantine, Zombies like the ones from 28 Days and Weeks Later, Aliens from Aliens, and there are Vampires like the ones from Daybreakers.

The Teams:

Jason Bourne and John McClane:
Equipment: Bourne gets a M4-A1 Military Issued Rifle. It has the following equips on it. Silencer, M203, ACOG Scope and stabilizer. 5 Clips. A G21 Glock Semi Automatic Pistol with .45 Caliber rounds. 10 Clips. Night Vision Goggles.

John McClane: 2 G21 Glock Semi Automatic Pistols with .45 Caliber Rounds. 10 Clips. AR-15 5 Clips. 12 Gauge Mossberg Shotgun with a box of shells. Night Vision Goggles.

Blade and Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller
Equipment: Blade: Sword, Shotgun with regular ammo and Silver Stakes. Two Modified Pistols (The ones he used in Blade II) Blade gets only 10 Compartments of Serum.

Roy Miller: M4-A1 Military Issued Rifle. It has the following equips on it. Silencer, M203, ACOG Scope and stabilizer. 5 Clips. A G21 Glock Semi Automatic Pistol with .45 Caliber rounds. 10 Clips 12 Gauge Mossberg Shotgun with a box of shells. Night Vision Goggles.

Rogue and Selene
Equipment: Rogue: Sword, 2 G21 Glock Semi Automatic Pistols with his special rounds he had in the movie WAR. 20 Clips. A 12 M24 Sniper Rifle with 10 Clips.

Selene: Two Modified Automatic Pistols 20 clips for each gun. 10 Clips Lightbursting rounds and 10 Clips regular .45 rounds.

John Constantine and Marv
Equipment: John Constantine: Holy Matches, Holy Cross Shotgun, Cross, Bible, and Fist Wraps soaked in Holy Water. 3 Boxes of Ammo for the shotgun and can use regular rounds as well.

Marv: Hatchet, 2 9MM Beretta Handguns with 20 Clips for each gun. Night Vision Goggles.

Ash Williams and Neo
Equipment: Ash Williams: Chainsaw, 12 Gauge Sawed off Double Barrel Shotgun Box of shells, A shovel, Desert Eagle w/ 20 Clips, and a Flamethrower.

Neo: 2 G21 Glock Semi Automatic Handguns with .45 rounds. 20 Clips, AR-15 Assault Rifle with 10 Clips. SMG with 5 Clips.

Duke and Del Spooner
Equipment: Duke: M4-A1 Military Issued Rifle. It has the following equips on it. Silencer, M203, ACOG Scope and stabilizer. 5 Clips. A G21 Glock Semi Automatic Pistol with .45 Caliber rounds. 10 Clips 12 Gauge Mossberg Shotgun with a box of shells. Night Vision Goggles.

Del Spooner: 2 Taurus Model 85 with 20 clips. Walther PPK, 5 Clips, Franchi SPAS-12 with a box of shells, FN P90TR 5 Clips.

James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Captain John Patrick Mason
Equipment: James Bond: Heckler & Koch UMP-9 10 Clips, P226 10 Clips, Walther PPK 5 Clips

John Mason: 2 Beretta 92FS 20 Clips, Colt XM177 10 Clips, Heckler & Koch MP5A3/A5 10 Clips, Mossberg 590 Combat Shotgun box of shells, Matches, Night Vision Goggles, Kerosine, Combat Knife.

The Rules: Each team will have it's positives and negatives to it. They have to guide you to Alcatraz while doing everything it takes to keep you alive. You have no combat experience, so you will be HEAVILY dependent on your team to keep you safe. You are in shape, but you are not an OLYMPIC athlete or anything nor in military shape. So keep in mind about fatigue and how you and your team will need rest and sleep. You may help your team scavenge for food, ammo, resources, ect ect. Characters are limited to their abilities, intelligence, and savy. The Xenomorphs DO NOT spill Acid Blood in this scenario. As it would just be to easy for everyone to die otherwise. The Demons are able to die in conventional ways as well as by the ways in Constantine. Obviously John will have an easier time with these than everyone else but might have a harder time putting down things like Xenomorphs. *NOTE* Neo is not The One in this scenario. He knows his martial arts, and he is proficient with weapons. Keep in mind that Xenomorphs can be out during day and night, as can the Zombies, and the Demons. The Vampires are only out at night.

So state what team you would choose to help guide you. State how you would make it, why you chose your team and if you think they all would indeed survive. What teams would be easiest? Which would be hardest to complete?

Lestov16
I think all teams have a good chance of making it. I'm not familiar with "Duke" though

Kaibs
Really? Keep in mind they have to cross the entire country and at some point they will have to rest, get more ammo, eat, ect ect. Duke is from GI Joe.

General_Iroh
Hmmm...I guess I'd have to go with the first team Bourne and McClane. Both are proficient with ranged weapons and Bourne is a killing machine. While I'm not so familiar with the Bourne movies I know the John McClane is a beast and his survivability is amazing. The only other person on here to match him would be Marv, but Marv is to reckless and headstrong and would probably end up getting wrecked by a group of xenomorphs. With Bourne I've got someone who is great at not being seen and I've got McClane who is going to do everything he can to get me through this. I don't really remember what the constantine demons were like, but it seems like they were pretty badass and would pose the most trouble, but in the end I imagine the combined explosive power of both McClane and Bourne would destroy them. As they would most of the opponents, vampires would be a pretty big threat, but since they think like humans Bourne would be able to get us past them and most of the infected unnoticed I would imagine. Xenomorphs would be a ***** at night, movement would need to be kept to a minimum at night anyway, and while it would be better to have Bourne up all night watching for them we'd probably have to break it up into two shifts with him and mcclane wearing night vision goggles. Daytime really doesn't pose much problem for these two, I'm not sure what we would come across that would stop their power. We'd only be vulnerable at night, and even then they hold their own. Providing the cities still hold food we could send Bourne in recon style by himself to get food, I doubt he'd have a problem doing so. If anything brings down the team it's going to be xenomorphs at night. Otherwise I think we'd make it. The hardest team to get through I think would be either Selene and Rogue, due to Selene needing to drink blood and me being one of the only actual food sources left erm or Ash and Neo. Neo wasn't amazing before he was the one, he was still really good but I don't see Ash being much help, He'd be really useful for a few minutes then I think he'd spend his ammo, not to mention he's probably more concerned with himself than anything else.

Kaibs
^Err shit you're right about Selene. Well I'm making it like Blade, she gets 10 Packets of synthetic blood.

McNasty996
I'd go with selene and rouge on the postion that i could be turned and we could go rumaging through hospitals and with her senses she should be able to spot or smell the enemy before it gets close enough to kill. The daybreaker vampires are not enhanced in any way to my knowledge and without a food source as stated here they would be eating each other. Should that fail i default to Bourne and McClane for reasons stated above.

Kaibs
Originally posted by General_Iroh
Hmmm...I guess I'd have to go with the first team Bourne and McClane. Both are proficient with ranged weapons and Bourne is a killing machine. While I'm not so familiar with the Bourne movies I know the John McClane is a beast and his survivability is amazing. The only other person on here to match him would be Marv, but Marv is to reckless and headstrong and would probably end up getting wrecked by a group of xenomorphs. With Bourne I've got someone who is great at not being seen and I've got McClane who is going to do everything he can to get me through this. I don't really remember what the constantine demons were like, but it seems like they were pretty badass and would pose the most trouble, but in the end I imagine the combined explosive power of both McClane and Bourne would destroy them. As they would most of the opponents, vampires would be a pretty big threat, but since they think like humans Bourne would be able to get us past them and most of the infected unnoticed I would imagine. Xenomorphs would be a ***** at night, movement would need to be kept to a minimum at night anyway, and while it would be better to have Bourne up all night watching for them we'd probably have to break it up into two shifts with him and mcclane wearing night vision goggles. Daytime really doesn't pose much problem for these two, I'm not sure what we would come across that would stop their power. We'd only be vulnerable at night, and even then they hold their own. Providing the cities still hold food we could send Bourne in recon style by himself to get food, I doubt he'd have a problem doing so. If anything brings down the team it's going to be xenomorphs at night. Otherwise I think we'd make it. The hardest team to get through I think would be either Selene and Rogue, due to Selene needing to drink blood and me being one of the only actual food sources left erm or Ash and Neo. Neo wasn't amazing before he was the one, he was still really good but I don't see Ash being much help, He'd be really useful for a few minutes then I think he'd spend his ammo, not to mention he's probably more concerned with himself than anything else.

And nice choice. I kind of expected people to choose team 1, but ten again IDK cause of some things that might hinder them. But yes the Major cities and what not would have food I.E. things like boxed and canned goods. Bottled water ect ect. Fresh food unless you find it growing is pretty much gone.

BruceSkywalker
i'd go with team 1 however rogue and selene ain't bad either

Kaibs
So far team 1 seems to be the choice huh? Why exactly?

Rogue Jedi
Ash and Neo, no question.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Ash and Neo, no question.

Why?

Placidity
Nice to see these type of threads again for a change.

I would pick Rogue and Selene.

I'm choosing this option without even really knowing who 'Rogue' is. I'm assuming its the one from X-men, but she *seems* kind of useless here even with weapons so thats why I'm not sure.

Either way, Selene is likely physically the strongest and fastest character available. She also has a healing factor, which means unlike most others (exception: Blade etc) she won't be out of the equation even if she does get wounded (which is highly likely considering this scenario is about frequently encountering enemies and long-term survival). Also, she is likely to be immune from Rage virus infections. Another benefit is that she will not be fatigued or lose focus which many of the other human candidates will be prone to and likely succumb to if the journey proves to be too long. In short, in terms of overall superhuman stats, she is unmatched.

Speaking of physical stats, she also has heightened senses and night vision (I'm aware some others have NV too, but theirs run on limited battery, and is obviously not as good in terms of clarity), which are vastly advantageous when trying to survive in such dangerous times. Selene would detect incoming enemies much earlier than the other human candidates would.

In addition, unlike most other options, in the event of firearms failure or simply running out of ammunition (which is not unlikely), Selene is still more than capable in dealing with the enemy unarmed or with melee weapons. Also, in the scenario that fleeing is the only option, Selene is the only one (arguably Blade too, but he is not as fast, I think Xenomorphs would likely beat him in a foot race) with sufficient strength, stamina and superspeed to carry me out to safety pronto.

Selene is also familiar with the supernatural, has centuries of experience in combat and varying skills, which I believe makes her well-equipped, physically and mentally to deal with the situation. Although I will concede that many of the other candidates are equally bad-ass and chores like killing zombies/demons will just be another day's work.

Also, since the mission is to ensure humanity's survival, procreation is also something to consider. The Rogue/Selene option is the only one that allows for it . Not only that, my offspring will have potential to carry the X-gene and together we will create a formidable homo-superior army in the long run (Despite Pyro saying males carry the X-gene, he is likely talking crap, since we know the Y chromosome doesn't carry shit and the fact that female mutants exist).

But the most important thing however - get ready for this - is that I'll get Selene to turn me (and my non-mutant offspring) into an elder-level vampire (or half-vampire maybe, since she's a day-walker/half-vampire immortal hybrid) and then I'll kick all sorts of ass myself. That and I get to bed her every night, which by itself is already a good reason to pick this option.

I'm confident there are many other reasons to pick Rogue/Selene, but I think the case has been sufficiently made.

Can't beat this broseph.

Oh and its too late to change the rules.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3396/1180912311983bb5.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
Nice to see these type of threads again for a change.

I would pick Rogue and Selene.

I'm choosing this option without even really knowing who 'Rogue' is. I'm assuming its the one from X-men, but she *seems* kind of useless here even with weapons so thats why I'm not sure.

Either way, Selene is likely physically the strongest and fastest character available. She also has a healing factor, which means unlike most others (exception: Blade etc) she won't be out of the equation even if she does get wounded (which is highly likely considering this scenario is about frequently encountering enemies and long-term survival). Also, she is likely to be immune from Rage virus infections. Another benefit is that she will not be fatigued or lose focus which many of the other human candidates will be prone to and likely succumb to if the journey proves to be too long. In short, in terms of overall superhuman stats, she is unmatched.

Speaking of physical stats, she also has heightened senses and night vision (I'm aware some others have NV too, but theirs run on limited battery, and is obviously not as good in terms of clarity), which are vastly advantageous when trying to survive in such dangerous times. Selene would detect incoming enemies much earlier than the other human candidates would.

In addition, unlike most other options, in the event of firearms failure or simply running out of ammunition (which is not unlikely), Selene is still more than capable in dealing with the enemy unarmed or with melee weapons. Also, in the scenario that fleeing is the only option, Selene is the only one (arguably Blade too, but he is not as fast, I think Xenomorphs would likely beat him in a foot race) with sufficient strength, stamina and superspeed to carry me out to safety pronto.

Selene is also familiar with the supernatural, has centuries of experience in combat and varying skills, which I believe makes her well-equipped, physically and mentally to deal with the situation. Although I will concede that many of the other candidates are equally bad-ass and chores like killing zombies/demons will just be another day's work.

Also, since the mission is to ensure humanity's survival, procreation is also something to consider. The Rogue/Selene option is the only one that allows for it . Not only that, my offspring will have potential to carry the X-gene and together we will create a formidable homo-superior army in the long run (Despite Pyro saying males carry the X-gene, he is likely talking crap, since we know the Y chromosome doesn't carry shit and the fact that female mutants exist).

But the most important thing however - get ready for this - is that I'll get Selene to turn me (and my non-mutant offspring) into an elder-level vampire (or half-vampire maybe, since she's a day-walker/half-vampire immortal hybrid) and then I'll kick all sorts of ass myself. That and I get to bed her every night, which by itself is already a good reason to pick this option.

I'm confident there are many other reasons to pick Rogue/Selene, but I think the case has been sufficiently made.

Can't beat this broseph.

Oh and its too late to change the rules.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3396/1180912311983bb5.jpg

My name is "dadudemon" and I support this message.

Selene/Rogue combo makes for the best sexual options, as well (from a biological standpoint). That..and you get to have sex with Selene and Rogue. smile

Scythe
The thing about Neo is that he's either IN the Matrix, or out of it. For example, if he's in it, he'd be able to god-mode since he's the chosen one and all that jazz. However, out of the Matrix, he's just soft, squishy Thomas Anderson, giving him the abilities of just an average joe.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Scythe
The thing about Neo is that he's either IN the Matrix, or out of it. For example, if he's in it, he'd be able to god-mode since he's the chosen one and all that jazz. However, out of the Matrix, he's just soft, squishy Thomas Anderson, giving him the abilities of just an average joe.

Yeah. He still has his knowledge of weapons, but he cannot peform the "physical" feats he did before becoming the one.

Kaibs does say he's the "not the one" version.

I think this is supposed to be taken as the whole thread taking place in a custom "Matrix". This is pretty much where all threads take place: in customer matrix that allows all combatants powers to be activate.

RE: Blaxican
How could anyone not choose Rogue and Selene?

You essentially have two Selenes. One Selene would be good enough. Best choice by far, imo. The runner up team would be Constantine and Marv.

Scythe
Peak human Neo then, alrighty. I'd go with John and Marv. I do think that taking the acid blood out of the equation makes Marv a great tank. Assuming Neo and him can keep the zombies at bay, then it's do-able. I'm not really sure about the vampires, I haven't seen Daybreakers.

Placidity
I'm not really sure about the vampires, I haven't seen Daybreakers.

They're pretty crap if I remember correctly. Probably some of the lowest forms of Vampires I've seen.

Scythe
They're pretty crap if I remember correctly. Probably some of the lowest forms of Vampires I've seen.

Really? Do they have a weakness to sunlight? Anything else?

Placidity
Really? Do they have a weakness to sunlight? Anything else?

Yea weakness to sunlight and being staked.

You know what, I don't even recall them having superhuman stats. They couldn't see in the dark. Not your typical vampire, although they did drink blood, which I guess is a prerequisite. Simply put, they were noob bitches.

Scythe
Yea weakness to sunlight and being staked.

You know what, I don't even recall them having superhuman stats. They couldn't see in the dark. Not your typical vampire, although they did drink blood, which I guess is a prerequisite. Simply put, they were noob bitches.

WTF, so they suck (PUN!) in the day time, and at night? Can they hear pretty good?

Placidity
WTF, so they suck (PUN!) in the day time, and at night? Can they hear pretty good?

They did not display any superhuman abilities =(

But MAYBE a slight healing factor.

I think they didn't age too.

Again its not your typical Vampire movie, it was more about them needing to deal with the problem of a diminishing blood source (humans) and some of them looking for a cure.

Scythe
They did not display any superhuman abilities =(

But MAYBE a slight healing factor.

I think they didn't age too.

Again its not your typical Vampire movie, it was more about them needing to deal with the problem of a diminishing blood source (humans) and some of them looking for a cure.

Ah, I see. I'm stickin' to my choices then.

General_Iroh
They're basically humans with state of the art weapons, they have vehicles and weapons and suits all designed to allow them to be more efficient at night and able to move during the day.

And yeah with blood vials Selene is definitely a top choice, but I don't remember enough about war to judge whether or not Rogue would be good enough to get me through

Scythe
They're basically humans with state of the art weapons, they have vehicles and weapons and suits all designed to allow them to be more efficient at night and able to move during the day.

And yeah with blood vials Selene is definitely a top choice, but I don't remember enough about war to judge whether or not Rogue would be good enough to get me through

Okay, cool. I have a pretty good idea of what they can do then.

I'm also in the same boat as you, not really sure who Rogue is.

Kaibs
PEOPLE. ROUGE IS NOT THE ONE FROM X-MEN. LOL. HE'S FROM THE MOVIE WAR. He was Jet Li's Character. He was an EX CIA Agent and now Hitman who single handedly destroyed the Yakuza and Chinese Triad.

Kaibs
Lol it makes so much sense now. *shakes head*

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
PEOPLE. ROUGE IS NOT THE ONE FROM X-MEN. LOL. HE'S FROM THE MOVIE WAR. He was Jet Li's Character. He was an EX CIA Agent and now Hitman who single handedly destroyed the Yakuza and Chinese Triad. His name was Rogue, not Rouge. He's not red.

Kaibs
Err yeah. That was a typo on my part, so I can see where the confusion would come in. My bad. I'll ask Matt to edit the thread.

Rogue Jedi
Still going with Neo and Ash.

Kaibs
^ Why?

Nephthys
Yeah, Selene pretty much solo's the thread imo. Giving her Jet Li is overkill, lol. Best team by far.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, Selene pretty much solo's the thread imo. Giving her Jet Li is overkill, lol. Best team by far.
Until she runs out of blood, which is only a matter of time. She has to cross the entire country with ten packs of blood, with the delays due to fighting, and the fact that she can't move during the day it's going to take a long time to get across the country and she's either going to be out before you're across the country or she's going to be weak because she has to ration it so much erm

McNasty996
Thats why we hit hospitals and ambulances along the way and if we do hit a hospital we should be able to locate a blood bank and that will keep her(and me) set for the rest of the trip

General_Iroh
blood needs to be kept cold, and since the world is pretty much in ruin here I doubt that Hospitals have any generators still running.

Placidity
She likely wouldn't need blood or that much of it after she was turned into a hybrid.

McNasty996
Or maybe rouge will agree to being a food source. Free will or not and with food still available he will regain his normal cell count within adequate time. btw was it ever stated how much blood she needed i cant remember it ever being said she needed 1 pint of 5.

Placidity
She could also drain Zombie blood since the ones in this thread are still alive.

General_Iroh
She could also drain Zombie blood since the ones in this thread are still alive.
The blood is infectious though erm

Placidity
The blood is infectious though erm

Yes, and she is likely immune since:

A: she is dead, the Rage virus only works on the living
B: she has a healing factor

General_Iroh
Yes, and she is likely immune since:

A: she is dead, the Rage virus only works on the living
B: she has a healing factor
I guess it might work then, Underworld wasn't as clear as other movies as to what kind of blood vamps can or cannot drink, so I assume she could drink infected blood, though since they move in such large numbers I wouldn't recommend seeking them out, if she goes after one it could mean a very bad day for everyone.

mikeydude
Hmm.
Bourne and John would die easily, because they have no knowledge about these Zombies, etc.
John and Bourne:
*spraying bullets into zombies*
"Duhh fuhhh these Bitches aint dyin."
"Mayne lets get the **** out this counrty muthafukkuh."
You die.

Selene would most definitely be a great asset. But seeing as how you do need to keep the blood cold, and not knowing what season it is in Washington D.C. it would be difficult for her to survive.
Plus just for knowledge what is the average time span for her and Blade to go without their "Juice".

dadudemon
Originally posted by mikeydude
Plus just for knowledge what is the average time span for her and Blade to go without their "Juice".

Good point.

I don't remember her drinking blood except when she was injured. She never appeared to need any blood except during injury.

General_Iroh
Hmm.
Bourne and John would die easily, because they have no knowledge about these Zombies, etc.
John and Bourne:
*spraying bullets into zombies*
"Duhh fuhhh these Bitches aint dyin."
"Mayne lets get the **** out this counrty muthafukkuh."
You die.

Selene would most definitely be a great asset. But seeing as how you do need to keep the blood cold, and not knowing what season it is in Washington D.C. it would be difficult for her to survive.
It's the rage virus so guns would kill them, but it'd be common sense to avoid them at all costs, they've been around long enough that all of the teams should know the basics on each threat, that's my understanding anyway.

mikeydude
But dont they reanimate?

dadudemon
But dont they reanimate?

They die when they are injured in a way that a normal human would die because they are humans except they are infected with a virus that makes them rage out. lol

mikeydude
So... no?
hmm.
Well poop.
but.. I.

I thought in 28 weeks they could get back up after reinfected with the virus....
Nevermind. Im dumb.

McNasty996
I still chose rouge and Selene. And do they have to do what we say in this match?

dadudemon
So... no?
hmm.
Well poop.
but.. I.

I thought in 28 weeks they could get back up after reinfected with the virus....
Nevermind. Im dumb.

Yup: the infected die the same way you and I would.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by dadudemon
They die when they are injured in a way that a normal human would die because they are humans except they are infected with a virus that makes them rage out. lol
Yeah they're not in the classic sense zombies at all really.

dadudemon
Yeah they're not in the classic sense zombies at all really.

The "classic" zombies die with head trauma or a shot to the head, though. That's pretty close, right?

I'd say that the original modern zombies "Night of the living dead", are one of the weakest versions because it did not take much effort to kill one of those zombies.

mikeydude
Yeah, I really wouldnt call them zombies at all more like infected.

General_Iroh
Yeah, I really wouldnt call them zombies at all more like infected.
Yeah they don't even eat people, they just kill them. And because they act a lot like modern day dawn of the dead type zombies they tend to get categorized as zombies.

dadudemon
Yeah they don't even eat people, they just kill them. And because they act a lot like modern day dawn of the dead type zombies they tend to get categorized as zombies.

Indeed.

There's a large debate/argument about making "infected" their own type or lumping them in with zombies.

From a scientific perspective (dumbed down to used a layman's term), they would be zombies. From a fictional "I want to be different and I want to make may mark", they would be called "infected."

To people like you and I, we call them "infected zombies" or things similar.

I think the debate is moot: you get bitten and/or die from the zombie attack, you turn into a zombie. It doesn't matter if they are infected or not: it's still a zombie.

In fact, we could say that the original zombies from Night of the Living Dead were infected. It was thought to be radiation, but it propagates out just like an infected zombie outbreak would. I really think that debate is silly, though, as it is a complete "circle" argument.

We should just stick with zombie, infected, or infected zombie and group them together. There's no reason not too. Adding a bit of microbiology to the zombie movie doesn't change it from being a zombie movie, imo.

mikeydude
Indeed.

There's a large debate/argument about making "infected" their own type or lumping them in with zombies.

From a scientific perspective (dumbed down to used a layman's term), they would be zombies. From a fictional "I want to be different and I want to make may mark", they would be called "infected."

To people like you and I, we call them "infected zombies" or things similar.

I think the debate is moot: you get bitten and/or die from the zombie attack, you turn into a zombie. It doesn't matter if they are infected or not: it's still a zombie.

In fact, we could say that the original zombies from Night of the Living Dead were infected. It was thought to be radiation, but it propagates out just like an infected zombie outbreak would. I really think that debate is silly, though, as it is a complete "circle" argument.

We should just stick with zombie, infected, or infected zombie and group them together. There's no reason not too. Adding a bit of microbiology to the zombie movie doesn't change it from being a zombie movie, imo.
But night of the living dead was raising the dead.
So "Iffy"
if you ask me.

dadudemon
But night of the living dead was raising the dead.
So "Iffy"
if you ask me.

In 28 days later, people died and came back to life, as well: that's how the rage virus worked.

Same with other infected movies like the new Dawn of the Dead.

mikeydude
.... wait.

So.
If people came back to life with the rage virus, why cant they be reanimated as well after you shoot them, in lets say the stomach.

I mean if someone was shot in the stomach prior.
Then the rage virus breaks loose, and they reanimate.
Why cant those who got shot recently reanimate?
Thats why i call it "Iffy"

I havent even seen the new Dawn of the Dead.
Im so outdated with my zombie films.

dadudemon
.... wait.

So.
If people came back to life with the rage virus, why cant they be reanimated as well after you shoot them, in lets say the stomach.

Cause the virus makes them "clinically" dead while it takes over, I guess.

They always fall 'silent' for a bit and then turn.

It's not really killing them, really.

I mean if someone was shot in the stomach prior.
Then the rage virus breaks loose, and they reanimate.
Why cant those who got shot recently reanimate?
Thats why i call it "Iffy"

I havent even seen the new Dawn of the Dead.
Im so outdated with my zombie films.

Because the virus is not a virus that instills a healing factor like the T-Virus from the Resident Evil films.

mikeydude
Ok, That makes better sense.

I think the T-Virus would be a better choice.
but then almost impossible if not instilling headshots...

I just watched the First Resident Evil a few days ago.
The other two are in the mail now....
I have high hopes.

dadudemon
Ok, That makes better sense.

I think the T-Virus would be a better choice.
but then almost impossible if not instilling headshots...

I just watched the First Resident Evil a few days ago.
The other two are in the mail now....
I have high hopes.

Yeah, Alice, from the Resident Evil films, said that they did not expect the zombies to stay alive for 7 years, like they did.

So, apparently, the T-Virus creates the most uber "infected" zombie genre out there.

mikeydude
mhmm.

I just love how it had such a good storyline as a beginning movie.

Kaibs
What's up with all this Hybrid crazy vampire nonsense? Selene is limited to 10 bags of blood. You have to realize that what makes you think there's going to be tons of hospitals even still standing? THe country broke out into oblivion, which coudl very well mean cities got bombed, or just overran period. Also since when is she turning ANY human lol. It's not something she's comfortable with in the slightest. I think she's getting the God Mode treatment here.

Placidity
What's up with all this Hybrid crazy vampire nonsense? Selene is limited to 10 bags of blood. You have to realize that what makes you think there's going to be tons of hospitals even still standing? THe country broke out into oblivion, which coudl very well mean cities got bombed, or just overran period. Also since when is she turning ANY human lol. It's not something she's comfortable with in the slightest. I think she's getting the God Mode treatment here.

Um, yea ok.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kaibs
Um, yeah okay? Explain then how anything I said isn't right? By the time of the first Underworld Movie she didn't kill any humans for blood. Michael at the end was the only one she's ever bit in both movies. And as the state of the country it was already said in the OP that the country was in ruins. So please explain.

Placidity
Um, yeah okay? Explain then how anything I said isn't right? By the time of the first Underworld Movie she didn't kill any humans for blood. Michael at the end was the only one she's ever bit in both movies. And as the state of the country it was already said in the OP that the country was in ruins. So please explain.

Firstly, she was turned into a half vampire Hybrid by the end of the second film. Because of this, she likely requires far less blood.

Secondly, she can drain Zombie blood if you've been following the discussion.

Thirdly, you saying she wouldn't turn me or Rogue or anyone else is based on um, NOTHING.

Fourthly, she doesn't need to kill someone to get their blood.

So there.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
How could anyone not choose Rogue and Selene?

Probably people who want to survive and not die while looking at a pair of nice asses.

Ash Williams and Neo(assuming he has his powers same as if he were inside the Matrix) would be the best bet on surviving.

Kaibs
Firstly, she was turned into a half vampire Hybrid by the end of the second film. Because of this, she likely requires far less blood.

Secondly, she can drain Zombie blood if you've been following the discussion.

Thirdly, you saying she wouldn't turn me or Rogue or anyone else is based on um, NOTHING.

Fourthly, she doesn't need to kill someone to get their blood.

So there.

Lol okay mate. Whatever you say. I forgot that it's in her nature to turn people into Vamps. My bad. As for the other things. I dunno. I guess you can say she's immune to the virus. Next time I'll make it way more clear on a character like her. As for day time goes. Umm what's gonna happen then while she sleeps? What if a shitstorm of demons, xenmorphs and zombies just rush the place? I'm sure Rogue Can't kill them all himself. And as for the human (You) I did specify you are not adept at fighting or survival skills at all. And all of a sudden cause youer a vampire you're the shit? that makes no god damn sense at all.

Placidity
Lol okay mate. Whatever you say. I forgot that it's in her nature to turn people into Vamps. My bad.

Exactly

As for day time goes. Umm what's gonna happen then while she sleeps? What if a shitstorm of demons, xenmorphs and zombies just rush the place? I'm sure Rogue Can't kill them all himself.

And this is different from any other character how? If anything she has more stamina and endurance than most others you've listed.

And as for the human (You) I did specify you are not adept at fighting or survival skills at all. And all of a sudden cause youer a vampire you're the shit? that makes no god damn sense at all.

Lol, I don't need to be good at fighting. I will have enhanced senses, superspeed/reflexes, superhuman strength, stamina, endurance, a healing factor, and immunity to zombie infection. Makes perfect sense to me.

You're kind of funny broseph, you ask people for reasons why they'll pick whatever option. I gave you a well thought-out detailed reply and now you're acting all mad and shit. Did you have a particular option you wanted people to choose or what?

Kaibs
Exactly

And this is different from any other character how? If anything she has more stamina and endurance than most others you've listed.

Lol, I don't need to be good at fighting. I will have enhanced senses, superspeed/reflexes, superhuman strength, stamina, endurance, a healing factor, and immunity to zombie infection. Makes perfect sense to me.

How? You aren't using logic at all. The others can travel in day and keep moving? You cannot. Especially if you're both sleeping. ANd keep in mind. All it takes is on Xenmorph or some other creature to tag the human (you) and it's all over. Since when are vampires like the most invincible things ever? That logic makes no sense. especially when you're severely outnumbered. You're making it sound like you aren't going to use any wit, or strategy at all. If that's what you think though that's fine. This is an opinion based thread anyways. There's no clear cut winner.

Placidity
How? You aren't using logic at all. The others can travel in day and keep moving? You cannot. Especially if you're both sleeping. ANd keep in mind. All it takes is on Xenmorph or some other creature to tag the human (you) and it's all over. Since when are vampires like the most invincible things ever? That logic makes no sense. especially when you're severely outnumbered. You're making it sound like you aren't going to use any wit, or strategy at all. If that's what you think though that's fine. This is an opinion based thread anyways. There's no clear cut winner.

Um what? Selene was a hybrid by the end of the movie, she could walk in the day no problem. I've only pointed this out probably like four times by now. Guess I've said it again.

Yea Xenomorph can tag me, so what? Xenomorph can't tag any other character listed? The only difference is I am FAR more equipped to deal with enemies now.

When did I say vampires were invincible?

What logic makes no sense, be specific?

There is a clear cut winner, and its Selene/Rogue. Tell me which other option would be better.

Kaibs
Um what? Selene was a hybrid by the end of the movie, she could walk in the day no problem. I've only pointed this out probably like four times by now. Guess I've said it again.

Yea Xenomorph can tag me, so what? Xenomorph can't tag any other character listed? The only difference is I am FAR more equipped to deal with enemies now.

When did I say vampires were invincible?

What logic makes no sense, be specific?

There is a clear cut winner, and its Selene/Rogue. Tell me which other option would be better.

In the movie it said you'd be strong as William, and have an enhanced healing factor. I said nothing about being like Michael. Please show me a clip of them distinctively saying that. You do, and I'll admit I'm wrong in that aspect.

Personally? I'd either take Blade and Roy Miller or Bourne and McClane. I also think Duke and Spooner wouldn't be bad either. Because I didn't state specifically enough on things, you can say Selene is by far the strongest asset. In night I'd agree she's up there. If you can prove she's like Michael and not what I said earlier than yeah, I'll admit that she's probably the best choice.

Nephthys
I bet Selene would would turn me (and Rogue) into a vampire if I bitched and moaned about it like a mother****er. I can be really goddamn whiney when I want to be. And if I pointed out that it will expedentially increase my chances of survival, if not in terms of raw combat ability but by allowing me to simply run too fast for anything to catch me.

The down side would be that we'd need 3 times the blood, but I feel it would still be worth it just because of the massive increase in speed and stamina. We'd get there 3 times faster easily imo.

Robtard

Neo. On the grounds his powers here are the same as if he were inside the Matrix.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Robtard
Neo. On the grounds his powers here are the same as if he were inside the Matrix.

The OP:

Kaibs

They are, keep in mind. He's not The One in this scenario though, but he has all the martial arts and fighting skills uploaded into thim, and he still can semi dodgebullets like he did on the roof against the agent. He only became The One at the end so there you go.

Robtard
They are, keep in mind. He's not The One in this scenario though, but he has all the martial arts and fighting skills uploaded into thim, and he still can semi dodgebullets like he did on the roof against the agent. He only became The One at the end so there you go.

IIRC, he flew in #2. So that.

Kaibs
Well at the end of the first movie, is what I'm referring to. The Second Matrix doesn't even matter.

Placidity
IIRC, he flew in #2. So that.

That was after he became 'The One'.

Neo used is the one before Agent Smith shot him.

Robtard
Ah, my bad.

Then the vampire bitches are probably the best bet.

Placidity
In the movie it said you'd be strong as William, and have an enhanced healing factor. I said nothing about being like Michael. Please show me a clip of them distinctively saying that. You do, and I'll admit I'm wrong in that aspect.

What the shit are you on about? Are you trolling me or something. I've never mentioned William nor Michael.

Quote what I said first, so I can understand what you want better.

Personally? I'd either take Blade and Roy Miller or Bourne and McClane. I also think Duke and Spooner wouldn't be bad either. Because I didn't state specifically enough on things, you can say Selene is by far the strongest asset. In night I'd agree she's up there. If you can prove she's like Michael and not what I said earlier than yeah, I'll admit that she's probably the best choice.

What you mean 'in night'? She's the same during the day.

She's not like Michael, I never said she was, what the hell broseph.

Michael is a Lycan/Vampire hybrid. Selene is a Vampire/'Original Immortal' hybrid, after she took Alex Corvinus' blood, the First Immortal. Alex could've beaten Marcus if he wanted to.

Robtard
Wasn't Alex Corvinus just immortal (ie ageless) though? Did he show any of the powers associated with the Vampires and/or Lycans, healing, speed, strength etc.?

Kaibs
What the shit are you on about? Are you trolling me or something. I've never mentioned William nor Michael.

Quote what I said first, so I can understand what you want better.

What you mean 'in night'? She's the same during the day.

She's not like Michael, I never said she was, what the hell broseph.

Michael is a Lycan/Vampire hybrid. Selene is a Vampire/'Original Immortal' hybrid, after she took Alex Corvinus' blood, the First Immortal. Alex could've beaten Marcus if he wanted to.

Trolling? I don't think so. I wouldn't take the time to even in the slightest let you even piss me off Broba Fett. I was referring to Michael because he's able to live during the day while being a vampire granted yes he's also half Lycan. As far as the day. She's not the same during the day. She can't even go out in the freaking sun man. How on earth is she the same during the day. Like I said show me proof where it's said she can go out on day or show me proof of her actually doing so and being alright. Do it, and I'll admit I was wrong in that aspect. Until stated by you or anyone else with proof, unless I am severely mistaken she cannot fight in the day unless it is in an insanely dark room or place.

Placidity
Trolling? I don't think so. I wouldn't take the time to even in the slightest let you even piss me off Broba Fett. I was referring to Michael because he's able to live during the day while being a vampire granted yes he's also half Lycan. As far as the day. She's not the same during the day. She can't even go out in the freaking sun man. How on earth is she the same during the day. Like I said show me proof where it's said she can go out on day or show me proof of her actually doing so and being alright. Do it, and I'll admit I was wrong in that aspect. Until stated by you or anyone else with proof, unless I am severely mistaken she cannot fight in the day unless it is in an insanely dark room or place.

Yea I don't think you've actually seen the film or?

Sure. I'll be waiting.

What don't you freaking get Babara Fret? She's a Vampire/Original Immortal hybrid. She is far stronger than before and no longer has her vampire weakness. Shiiieeet.

kzGqI116nRk

Now go watch the film before asking me to prove every other little thing that is already commonly known about Underworld on this forum.

Kaibs
Yea I don't think you've actually seen the film or?

Sure. I'll be waiting.

What don't you freaking get Babara Fret? She's a Vampire/Original Immortal hybrid. She is far stronger than before and no longer has her vampire weakness. Shiiieeet.

kzGqI116nRk

Now go watch the film before asking me to prove every other little thing that is already commonly known about Underworld on this forum.

Yeah, guess I Just forgot about it. So I admit I'm wrong. Unlike you guy, I'm not an douche and admit when I'm wrong. . As I've said earlier I should of put restrictions on her to the first film only. I didn't so that was my mistake. However I'm so tentively glad that I can now turn to you whenever I have a question about Underworld, as you're so leet with knowledge ^__^ V.

Placidity
Unlike you guy, I'm not an douche and admit when I'm wrong.

Why am I a douche if I didn't 'admit' I'm wrong when I'm not wrong...

confused

Kaibs
Why am I a douche if I didn't 'admit' I'm wrong when I'm not wrong...

confused

I didn't call you a douche for not admitting anything. If you don't know why I said such things then re-read it a few times, and if you still don't get it then ask someone else.

Placidity
and if you still don't get it then ask someone else.

Anybody feel like helping me out? smile

General_Iroh
So are we using Selene pre or post hybrid form? If post she pretty well takes the cake as the easiest, if it's before she goes hybrid I'd stick with my earlier choice erm

Placidity
If not specified, it should be assumed to be the current version.

But even if it was pre-hybrid, I would still pick her. Shes smoking hot.

dadudemon
Anybody feel like helping me out? smile

If I am to understand the conversation properly, he indirectly called you a douche because he said the he's NOT a douche because he can admit when he's wrong. That implies; especially because he said "Unlike you guy,...", before making his "douche" comment; that you are a douche. Here is the implied meaning, using his exact quote, "reflected" to match up to that implication:

" a douche and admit when wrong."

Here is his original quote: "Unlike you guy, I'm not an douche and admit when I'm wrong."

Your confusion comes from not realizing that his comment comes mostly from an external assessment of your posting behavior rather than making a comment explicitly about your conversation with him in this thread. However, I'm inclined to believe that you actually were already aware of that and you wanted someone else to point this out so you could, passive aggressively, show that he was being douchy for having said that due to a very low amount of communications between you two outside of this thread.

I would say that you executed that plan, perfectly, but I do not think that you anticipated someone pointing out your passive aggressive foresight , which said aggression may be considered by some as "douchy" as well.

However, in your defense, this all started when Kaibs called Placidity's (your) point about Selene being an Uber hybrid, "nonsense." Placidity(you) responded with "Um, yea ok" and a rolls eyes smilie face. Then the pissing match began from there.

I hope that helps.

Placidity
If I am to understand the conversation properly, he indirectly called you a douche because he said the he's NOT a douche because he can admit when he's wrong. That implies; especially because he said "Unlike you guy,...", before making his "douche" comment; that you are a douche. Here is the implied meaning, using his exact quote, "reflected" to match up to that implication:

" a douche and admit when wrong."

Here is his original quote: "Unlike you guy, I'm not an douche and admit when I'm wrong."

Your confusion comes from not realizing that his comment comes mostly from an external assessment of your posting behavior rather than making a comment explicitly about your conversation with him in this thread. However, I'm inclined to believe that you actually were already aware of that and you wanted someone else to point this out so you could, passive aggressively, show that he was being douchy for having said that due to a very low amount of communications between you two outside of this thread.

I would say that you executed that plan, perfectly, but I do not think that you anticipated someone pointing out your passive aggressive foresight , which said aggression may be considered by some as "douchy" as well.

However, in your defense, this all started when Kaibs called Placidity's (your) point about Selene being an Uber hybrid, "nonsense." Placidity(you) responded with "Um, yea ok" and a rolls eyes smilie face. Then the pissing match began from there.

I hope that helps.

I must say I'm a little impressed. Very insightful, sound analysis, and well articulated.

http://edwardcheeverreviews.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/4-one-half-stars.jpg/5

http://thenextweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/hi.jpg

RE: Blaxican
Broba Fett?

You have lost the privilege to reproduce. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.