phobos vs spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules,,,,,,,,

Parmaniac
Phobos

It doesn't ABC transfers that Gorgon > Spider-man though smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Phobos

What happened to "webbing spam" tactic Spidey team use in every Wolverine/Parker thread?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What happened to "webbing spam" tactic Spidey team use in every Wolverine/Parker thread? Phobos has his ****ed up fear vision.

StiltmanFTW
Phobos has his ****ed up fear vision.

What if the webs get in his eyes first? stick out tongue

Parmaniac
What if the webs get in his eyes first? stick out tongue I have proof that this works in certain situations shifty

StiltmanFTW
I have proof that this works in certain situations shifty

It bought the team some time, that's all.

Parmaniac
It bought the team some time, that's all. What?

EDIT: Oh no I meant that Spider-man shoots the stuff in his own eyes laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
What?

EDIT: Oh no I meant that Spider-man shoots the stuff in his own eyes laughing out loud

That'd be smart, but does Parker know about his fear gaze?

Parmaniac
I don't know, I wouldn't even say it would work, I mean in the way the feat I'm reffering to worked, he was still able to see through it but nullified the effect of a guy who was manipulating light, his name was Spectrum IIRC he wasn't even a real villain.

It was in Peter Parker V1 04

jinzin
I thought Phobos' gaze worked like a pheromone effecting people in his immediate vecinity regardless of eye contact.... or was I misinformed? confused

Parmaniac
IDK the only time I've seen him using it was when he tried it on Gorgon and well he looked him into the eyes so I assume he needs to look into the eyes, maybe it was just for the epicness of the moment.

EDIT: And even if what stops Spider-man from spraying it inti his nose, ears and mouth too huh? laughing out loud

jinzin
lol Gorgon had on an eyecover/bandana.

jinzin
IDK the only time I've seen him using it was when he tried it on Gorgon and well he looked him into the eyes so I assume he needs to look into the eyes, maybe it was just for the epicness of the moment.

EDIT: And even if what stops Spider-man from spraying it inti his nose, ears and mouth too huh? laughing out loud

I hope you're still talkin about the webbing. sick

SamZED
^laughing out loud

Fury resisted it. That said, doesnt mean SM can do the same. But I always thought Phobos needs to look someone in the eyes for it to work, and concidering that current Spider-man is invisivble.. how's Phobos gonna do that? He also wont hear Parker coming with the new suit.

As far as I know, Phobos only decent feat - doing well against Gorgon. And imo it was Gorgon jobbing to the "God" title anyway.

King Castle
reaching with the suit, bud.

standard parker, pls.

SamZED
Ah sorry. Was going with the current version. He no longer has the suit anyway. Instead lost his ss.

Standart Parker. Fear vision ftw.

Parmaniac
I wonder if the effect will last and he will be "on his own" for several issues.

SamZED
Think it will. He's getting a tech suit in the next issue right? Probably to make up for the lack of ss. Should be fun.

Arahan
Spiderman is even afraid to be responsible for his actions
and makes deals with the devil to erase them. He is a little boy
with not guts. Phobos would murder Pussy Whiny Parker.

He would only show Parker the image of Aunt May having sex with all mankind but not with him. This image gives Peter a heart attack and he dies. (but I gave up everything for you Aunt May.*aargh* DEAD)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Arahan
Spiderman is even afraid to be responsible for his actions
and makes deals with the devil to erase them. He is a little boy
with not guts. Phobos would murder Pussy Whiny Parker.

He would only show Parker the image of Aunt May having sex with all mankind but not with him. This image gives Peter a heart attack and he dies. (but I gave up everything for you Aunt May.*aargh* DEAD)

thumb up

Profiled.

SamZED
Man, you people spread like cockroaches. whistle

King Castle
cockroaches arent a nuisance they hide from plane sight unlike spiders.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Man, you people spread like cockroaches. whistle

Arahan is a former fan. Luckily he saw the light eventually.

You don't have to be alone, Sam. Come, join us. You know you'll never be a true Spiderman fan while liking Wolverine at the same time anyway.

SamZED
Arahan is a former fan. Luckily he saw the light eventually.

You don't have to be alone, Sam. Come, join us. You know you'll never be a true Spiderman fan while liking Wolverine at the same time anyway.

When you ask to join you you sound like http://planetsmilies.net/star-wars-smiley-5477.gif

You know im the chosen one who will bring piece to both sides, Stilt. A year or two ago it was "cool" to bash Wolverine, people used to create Wolverine vs Superman threads and post stuff like "No Loganz winz cuz he haz teh claz" and insults like "gay hairy midget" etc. They dont do that anymore, these days it's "cool" to do the same for Spider-man. And you as Wolverine fans who lived through simillar "racism" should be ashamed of yourselfs. miffed And I as the chosen one shall stop all this by continually annoying the crap outta ever last one of the haters. smokin'

StiltmanFTW
When you ask to join you you sound like http://planetsmilies.net/star-wars-smiley-5477.gif

You know im the chosen one who will bring piece to both sides, Stilt. A year or two ago it was "cool" to bash Wolverine, people used to create Wolverine vs Superman threads and post stuff like "No Loganz winz cuz he haz teh claz" and insults like "gay hairy midget" etc. They dont do that anymore, these days it's "cool" to do the same for Spider-man. And you as Wolverine fans who lived through simillar "racism" should be ashamed of yourselfs. miffed And I as the chosen one shall stop all this by continually annoying the crap outta ever last one of the haters. smokin'

Actually I was paraphrasing Desann stick out tongue

Spiderman character and his fans had it coming uhuh You don't make a deal with Mephisto and hope everything's fine later.

You've been doing a bad job at being annoying so far, try harder stick out tongue

SamZED
Actually I was paraphrasing Desann stick out tongue

Spiderman character and his fans had it coming uhuh You don't make a deal with Mephisto and hope everything's fine later.

You've been doing a bad job at being annoying so far, try harder stick out tongue
Can do.shifty

"They had it coming" is what racists say about people they kill. miffed

King Castle
people think i dont like spidey nor em i a fan when in truth, i am.

at least to an extend i have decades of comics of the Spider hell, i was one of the 1st to stand up for the spider till i discovered the internet and his fans and arguments for while spiderman wins..facepalm2

the only reason i support logan more then the Spider is b/c of the actual need to enlighten ppl and stomp the hate skewed misinformation of posters that hate seeing Logan win against guys he should legitimately defeat.

Batman
shiva
Batgirl
captain america
Spiderman
midnighter
Black Panther
The Hulk(j/k not really but you know bricks)

and of course Superman

SamZED
Originally posted by King Castle
people think i dont like spidey nor em i a fan when in truth, i am.

at least to an extend i have decades of comics of the Spider hell, i was one of the 1st to stand up for the spider till i discovered the internet and his fans and arguments for while spiderman wins..facepalm2

the only reason i support logan more then the Spider is b/c of the actual need to enlighten ppl and stomp the hate skewed misinformation of posters that hate seeing Logan win against guys he should legitimately defeat.

Batman
shiva
Batgirl
captain america
Spiderman
midnighter
Black Panther
The Hulk(j/k not really but you know bricks)

and of course Superman

Putting all our differences aside.. I just wanna clear this up, ok?

So you're a fan of Spider-man, but bash him all the time because out of ALL the arguments people use on forums to back their fav characters you find Spider-man's to be the most annoying? Is that correct?

Ive been on this and other forums for awhile. And ive seen people SERIOUSLY argue that Captain America can knock out Silver Surfer using his awesome MA skills, that Logan cant be koed by anything short of a nuke and that Batman with 20 minutes of prep can beat Galactus. While only FEW people back up Spider-man on the forum at all. They are ME (who gives Wolverine the majority in a CIS on fight anyway), Parm (who believes that Spider-man CAN win because of his webbing) and few other guys. And you didnt mind the arguments Cap/Wolvie fanboys bring but our arguments for Spider-man (like "he's faster"wink made you so sick you went from fan to hater?

Sorry, but I dont buy it. Either you never liked the character at all or always looked for the excuse to start hating him. Heck, you said that I was wanking Spider-man when I said that Sabertooth isnt faster than him. erm

jinzin
^

Meh, I dunno.
KC actually has a mirror image story of me and my coming to KMC.

I have more Spidey comics than I do any other Marvel Character, and more Spidey merchandise than you shake a stick at but arguments like the trio thread had me practically pullin my hair out in frustration with the Spidey fans.

King Castle
i have gotten sick of hearing guys on the board who argue spiderman cant be touched and it is pis in comics in a forum he is 99.999% unhittable.
he will blitz so fast wolvie nor any other similarly enhanced human will see him that he will spider blitz and shove webs into their mouth and nostrils and snap his neck..

i mean seriously?

a lot of ppl dont even know what PIS is when in reference to spiderman, i as a long time fan of the spider knew his stories were heavy on pis as was Cap, DD and Bats and separate what he can do in comics and what shouldnt be able to do in a forum.

ppl come in and pull the shark repellent bullshite.. Spidery will hit him with a powerline, a oil tanker, water tower, the same Bullshite they use for Cap and Bats he'll find a way/batkick.. it gets old.

and i do like spiderman and it doesnt mean i cant make fun of him if you bn here long enough you would realize i trash talk wolverine just as much as Jinzin how many times i referenced the modern wolverine as a piece of shite character, hoed out and i dont buy his comics anymore. if that doesnt scream hate or at least similar dislike to the spider i dont know what else to say.

one of my favorite stories was the clone saga when scarlet spider came out, i was honestly hoping he would have ended up being the real parker.

StiltmanFTW
and i do like spiderman

You're dead to me.

King Castle
You're dead to me. doesnt my scarlet spider make up for it?
confused

Parmaniac
You're dead to me. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TzJzrnPZzT0/SwHk1-2HkHI/AAAAAAAARpY/XSlmoNX6IRE/s400/clinex1.jpg

nadland15
can sopmeone post the phobos gorgon fight?

King Castle
He's alive.

Gorgon kills Phobos.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4607/sw210018.th.jpg http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4032/sw210019.th.jpg http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/83/sw210020.th.jpg http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6273/sw210021.th.jpg http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9001/sw210022.th.jpg http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9075/sw210023.th.jpg http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5845/sw210024.th.jpg

nadland15
wow thanks man gorgon rocks

StiltmanFTW
doesnt my scarlet spider make up for it?
confused

No. Now GTFO, traitor.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9421/grrfx.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TzJzrnPZzT0/SwHk1-2HkHI/AAAAAAAARpY/XSlmoNX6IRE/s400/clinex1.jpg

You jizzed all over your keyboard again? I won't clean it up for you.

Parmaniac
You jizzed all over your keyboard again? I won't clean it up for you. Whump

SamZED
Originally posted by Jinzin

Meh, I dunno.
KC actually has a mirror image story of me and my coming to KMC.

I have more Spidey comics than I do any other Marvel Character, and more Spidey merchandise than you shake a stick at but arguments like the trio thread had me practically pullin my hair out in frustration with the Spidey fans.

It was simillar for me, except the other way around. I loved both characters from day one. But 90% of the time found myself in a position where I had to defend Spider-man and not Wolverine because I saw people understimate Parker MUCH more often than Logan. I always thought that each character has some advantages over the other. For me it was always this way: Logan much more skilled, better endurance, claws, healing, unbreakable bones. Spider-man faster and more agile, much stronger, webbing and spider sense. All in all, always thought it's a great fight with Logan taking the majority because of his determination. And what did I see when I opened the thread? "Wolverine is as agile, as fast or faster than Spider-man. Parker's strength means jack, he's not strong enough to even hurt Wolverine. Parker has been tagged by Rhino so Logan will have no problem hitting him. Parker is an amature and wont last a minute. Its a stomp". Im not exaggerating. First I was just surprised, but it slowly it turned into frustration. If it was the other way around (People saying "Spider-man sh!tstomps!"wink I would've argued against Parker all these years.

i have gotten sick of hearing guys on the board who argue spiderman cant be touched and it is pis in comics in a forum he is 99.999% unhittable.
he will blitz so fast wolvie nor any other similarly enhanced human will see him that he will spider blitz and shove webs into their mouth and nostrils and snap his neck..

i mean seriously?

a lot of ppl dont even know what PIS is when in reference to spiderman, i as a long time fan of the spider knew his stories were heavy on pis as was Cap, DD and Bats and separate what he can do in comics and what shouldnt be able to do in a forum.

ppl come in and pull the shark repellent bullshite.. Spidery will hit him with a powerline, a oil tanker, water tower, the same Bullshite they use for Cap and Bats he'll find a way/batkick.. it gets old.

and i do like spiderman and it doesnt mean i cant make fun of him if you bn here long enough you would realize i trash talk wolverine just as much as Jinzin how many times i referenced the modern wolverine as a piece of shite character, hoed out and i dont buy his comics anymore. if that doesnt scream hate or at least similar dislike to the spider i dont know what else to say.

one of my favorite stories was the clone saga when scarlet spider came out, i was honestly hoping he would have ended up being the real parker. Cant think of a single KMC member who actually comes up with the "unhittable" argument or winning via fire hydrant etc on vs forums. Maybe some junior memebers Normally people just say Spider-man's got spider sense and that combined with his speed makes him very hard to hit, and that is true unless we go by low showings.

Also when you made a list of characters Wolverine should legitimately beat, the problem is, so should Spider-man (minus Hulk and Supes ofcourse) I dont see how anyone who's got many Spider-man books could possible place him in the same league as Nightwing or Daredevil.

StiltmanFTW
Cant think of a single KMC member who actually comes up with the "unhittable" argument

h1a8, for example.

Parmaniac
h1a8, for example. That's an invader not a member.

Mini Bennett
Didn't Phobos crap himself when he was outnumbered by Secret Service agents with guns?

Parmaniac
Hey Stilt you once recommended a Zombie comic, what was it's name again? Walking Dead?

SamZED
h1a8, for example. Yeah h1 gets carried away with the whole precog thing, probably the only KMC example. And even he doesnt argue that Spider-man beats say Hulk by tossing a truck full of cement on him.

PS: Anyway, supposed to wake up in 5 hours.

StiltmanFTW
Hey Stilt you once recommended a Zombie comic, what was it's name again? Walking Dead?

Yes, The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman.

jinzin
Originally posted by Mini Bennett
Didn't Phobos crap himself when he was outnumbered by Secret Service agents with guns?

confused

No... but he DID leave them a massive pile of unconcious bodies on the ground without trying to kill them. erm

Tha C-Master
It was simillar for me, except the other way around. I loved both characters from day one. But 90% of the time found myself in a position where I had to defend Spider-man and not Wolverine because I saw people understimate Parker MUCH more often than Logan. I always thought that each character has some advantages over the other. For me it was always this way: Logan much more skilled, better endurance, claws, healing, unbreakable bones. Spider-man faster and more agile, much stronger, webbing and spider sense. All in all, always thought it's a great fight with Logan taking the majority because of his determination. And what did I see when I opened the thread? "Wolverine is as agile, as fast or faster than Spider-man. Parker's strength means jack, he's not strong enough to even hurt Wolverine. Parker has been tagged by Rhino so Logan will have no problem hitting him. Parker is an amature and wont last a minute. Its a stomp". Im not exaggerating. First I was just surprised, but it slowly it turned into frustration. If it was the other way around (People saying "Spider-man sh!tstomps!"wink I would've argued against Parker all these years.

Cant think of a single KMC member who actually comes up with the "unhittable" argument or winning via fire hydrant etc on vs forums. Maybe some junior memebers Normally people just say Spider-man's got spider sense and that combined with his speed makes him very hard to hit, and that is true unless we go by low showings.

Also when you made a list of characters Wolverine should legitimately beat, the problem is, so should Spider-man (minus Hulk and Supes ofcourse) I dont see how anyone who's got many Spider-man books could possible place him in the same league as Nightwing or Daredevil. This again?

Yea all that "Logan hate" on the forum came from tons of intense fanboys who were arguing him against Godzilla and damn near anything else at one point. It died down, but it carried a stigma for a while. Spider-Man doesn't have massive fanboys all over the place on this site or any other I've been, if anything he's often underrated more because he isn't a dark "badass" type of character. A type of character who is being overplayed now. Goody two shoes characters aren't as prominent as they were in the 60's.

But all characters *do* have their fanboys, and one must remember the average fan of comic characters don't understand "comic logic" to that extent. To them it's "Spider-Man has webs, and Wolverine has claws." They don't know their lifting abilities and speed abilities off of the top of a hat.

Wolverine is a great character, he has been messed up by writers overportraying him as well and wanking him, which irritated other readers. So that could be a fault too.

See: Wolverine Publicity

Why all threads turn into this... meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.