Xenomorphs vs Arachnids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaibs
10,000 Xenomorphs have shown up on Klendathu. They go up against 10,000 Arachnids. Who would win?

Keep in mind it's only the Xenomorphs, there are no face huggers, Queen, or anything else. Fight is till one side of the alien monsters are dead. Who wins?

Rogue Jedi
I think this has been done?

Gonna go with the Xenos. Acid blood FTW. Plus they tend to gangbang.

Kaibs
Has it been done? Damn if it has that sucks.

I don't know if it'd be that easy though, since the Arachnids are like 5 times bigger than the Xenomorph. And they have harder skin and stuff.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, big ass pinchers too.

Kaibs
If the Xenomorphs charged in em and they all just died their acid blood could probably splatter kill em. Area of Effect damage.

Rogue Jedi
Plus if a bug goes cqc and wastes a Xeno, it'll get alotta acid backspray.

Kaibs
It would depend on how it killed it though. if it just like stepped on it's head or something there's not to much blood there. All that would get hurt would be it's leg.

Rogue Jedi
I know, just saying. Are they fighting in the open, or in one of the caves?

Lord Lucien
The Bugs are bigger and likely stronger, but every time they kill a Xeno they'll be splashed by their Blood of Revenge.

Pyrrhic Xeno victory.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I know, just saying. Are they fighting in the open, or in one of the caves?

Would be in the open, but they can use terrain if there's osme around.

Rogue Jedi
Out in the open, Bugs. In the caves, I'd say Xenos.

Sadako of Girth
Xenos, Id say.

Especially when they start faceraping the arachnoids and they make Xenoarchnoidmorphs...and yeah the Xenos have the acid thang.

Game over, man.....Game over..... stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, the acidic blood really is the dealbreaker here.

Sadako of Girth
Klendathu ist kaput!!!!

Rogue Jedi
And they both tend to gangbang their victims, not just the Xenos. If it's in the caves, where the Xenos can crawl on the ceilings, it's a curbstomp.

Lestov16
Weren't there those flying bugs that sprayed napalm?

mikeydude
Arachnids like Eight legged Freaks style?
Im confused.

Kaibs
^ Mkey, no bro. From Starship Troopers lol.

mikeydude
Oh shit.
doh

RE: Blaxican
I'm confused how you guys say Xenos win based off of the blood splash. You do realize... that... the xeno dies as well?

At the very worst, that would end with a draw, as ten thousand bugs would be acid sprayed by 10,000 dying xenomorphs.

Besides, the acid spray is overrated. Dude put a shotgun in the Xenos mouth and pulled the trigger and just enough sprayed out to cover his chest. It's not as if it soaked him. Considering the huge size of the Arachids, at the very most they would lose whatever leg claw they used to spear the Xenomorph.

Sadako of Girth
But the spray from 1 alien can mess up a few Arachnids, if close.

The xenos also have shown us that they dont mind sacrificing their own to weaponise this facet to their being.

A mentality seen in Alien Resurrection, Alien Vs Predator 1 (Maybe 2 too. I cant recall right now)...

The Xeno/Arachnid hybrids would also presumably start to replace fallen Xeno numbers as the battle progresses.... And the Xeno/Brain Bug hybrid would be awesome.

A terrifying small bus-sized vicious alien with two sets of jaws that could complete calculus that would make Stephen Hawking shit himself.

Lord Lucien
OP said no face huggers, so I don't think there's any hybridization happening. I'm suddenly rethinking a Xeno victory--the Bugs were pretty big and vicious. Razor sharp mandibles.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhh fair enough, then.
Notion withdrawn. smile

I still think that aliens being more maneuverable, agile, swift etc and being shown to attack with pack mentality, along with being more naturally cunning than the Arachnids would be like a pack of Tigers all attacking a bigger, slower beast with a big bite.
(A beast that must be willing to confront that if it wants to Mandible itself some Tiger ass, that it must pay the price of agonising death by molecular acid.)

Xenos have claws, blood, tails, teeth (two sets of) that can go to work when the Xenos jump up on a Arachnid's back.

Id favour a Queen against three Arachnids.

Lord Lucien
Have you seen all three Trooper movies? The Bugs are pretty friggin swift and agile. And all they do is move with a pack mentality. Plus they're huge, and tough. Get riddled with bullets and shotgun blasts and still go strong, even after losing limbs.

Ah shucks, I'm going with the Bugs on this one.

Sadako of Girth
No I haven't. The sequels are on their way to my intray, I saw the 1st one loads though, including at the cinema...

Maybe I will hold any further argument on my part til they're watched, if you say that theres more ability demonstrated, except to speculate at this point that added Bug speed won't solve the Acid problem..... smile

Lord Lucien
The first movie focuses more on the Bugs and their behaviour, really. Second sucks 'cept for the ****, and the third movie's... sorta in-between. First is awesome though. Greatest B-movie of the 90's. That I know of.

Placidity
nrqSCn0sBPw

Sadako of Girth
Twas a cracker, Lucien....was epic on the big screen.
Great atmosphere in the crowd too lotta fun.

Verhoeven kicking post-Robocop asses left and right.

Lord Lucien
I think it's one of the few time that I could stand Denise Richards' performance, apart from Scary Movie 3. Still don't know why Rico wanted her over Dizzy.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah she totally couldn't act but looked gorgeous.

Well that was the point wasn't it.... He SHOULD have been with Dizzy, but his dick did his thinking.

I was gutted when she got nailed. sad

Lord Lucien
I was nailed when she got gutted.

Sadako of Girth
LOL laughing out loud

Very good.

Lord Shadow Z
Arachnids for me, they'll swarm right over them and with their mainly hard exoskeletons and larger builds I don't think acid damage means anything here. Plus some of the bugs have the capability to fly, which means aerial attacks which the Aliens could not counterract. They move over ground in huge numbers and can tunnel underground as well.

Not to mention the massive fire-breathing bug and if you account for many of them at one time then you are talking heavy damage with no chance of retaliation, at least not until the Aliens use heavy numbers to swarm and kill them.

If the OP allowed for the Alien Queens within the Alien force the battle could be interesting because they would take down a lot of Arachnids before being defeated, not to mention create face-huggers with the possibily of a new hybrid like SOG has suggested.

Kaibs
The also had pretty armored skin. As they were getting lit up by the Troopers ammo, and a lot of the time it didn't even effect them.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Kaibs
The also had pretty armored skin. As they were getting lit up by the Troopers ammo, and a lot of the time it didn't even effect them.

True, as Carl showed in the lab you had to be really specific as to where you hit them to really damage them and in the heat of battle the troopers rarely did it. Plus the Arachnids ripped humans apart with ease while the Aliens were more subtle with their acid blood/spit, inner jaws and embryos.

Sadako of Girth
Man I just rewatched the first one alone:

And if we're not gimping here, (Facehuggers aside)
the Arachnids clearly stomp....

The tanker bugs seal the Queen's fate as well as hordes and hordes of Xenos per Tanker bug...You got air support for arachnids too, with flying bugs.....heavy ass artillery Plasma bugs... I think all of this would negate the acid issue.

The basic bug warrior itself was faster and better armed than I remembered too.

Those epic, snap-you-in-two mandibles, plus the ability to use its legs as spears... and at the ACTUAL speed (not how I remembered them)..?

Man I cant see a way out of this for the Xenos, as big a fan of Alien saga as I am..

But if its restricted to just warrior class, as the thread does seem to be,
I still think the Arachnids have it in 'em to be the ones dolling out the ass kickings.

The environment is on the side of the Klendathuans, also...
No Thermal reactors to worry about weakening (Aliens), no ship depressurization concerns (Alien) for the Archanids on their own planet...

Sure there might not be many Archanids left alive or complete at the end, but I think they win.

Now for SST2... smile

Robtard
I'd say the Trooper bugs due to size. Doogie Howser showed us that a bug missing a few limbs is still 80% combat effective, or something along those lines. I reason one bug could kill a couple of Xenos before it's killed more times than naught.

Wonder how Rico and his ruffnecks would fair if placed on LV-426. Or has that thread been done?

Lord Lucien
Considering how much they love to coat themselves in alien blood...

Sadako of Girth
Hahah thats true.

I think whilst the roughnecks had the edge with tactical nukes, they wouldnt be able to use em near the colony, due to the setting of the Nebraska sized mushroom cloud and "adios muchachos"..

But away from the colony, sure, I'd say they have a damned good shot.

The Conlial Marines' Pulse rifle seemed better weapons wise, (Along with the ammo it used) and the smart gun too, over the SST gear.

Riko's ball playing agility is way above anything I saw Hicks do though, although that seems to be Just Riko though, not representative of standard STT abilitah.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Now for SST2... smile

Hope you enjoy it

i know i did'nt.

Sadako of Girth
Dude you werent kidding. I got like 30 mins in and fell asleep last night.

Awful. Some flashed of nice cgi, but thats it.
I cared about not one character, and barely of their situation.
Im gonna press on through it later in the week, but it will be purely for debate, and not for enjoyment, for that would be masochism defined.

Urrrrrgh to go from the first one to that was a plummet beyond words...

Kazenji
Phil Tippett should stick to doing special effects

looking at the reception for the third movie seems to be better then the 2nd but still nowhere near the first movie

still need to check it out that one.

Lord Lucien
I was surprised by how much I liked the third movie. It wasn't the first by any stretch, but still very entertaining.

Kazenji
UWB8ananp_g

the bugs get lasers?

Lord Shadow Z
I walked out while watching it on DVD (Marauder) myself, there was this cheesy naked scene and I just had to get out of the room. I will never get that time back again. I went into it with high hopes with Caspar Van Dien back in the franchise, thinking some link to the original would somehow make it good. I was wrong...very wrong.

I didn't watch the second because it was obvious it wasn't going to a big-budget follow-up and therefore rubbish. I only wish I'd kept that in mind before watching Marauder.

The first one though was simply brilliant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.