Goenitz runs the boss gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
1)Krauser

2)Nightmare Geese

3)Riot of Blood Leona

4)New Faces Team (True Forms)

5)Riot of Blood Iori

6)Krizalid

7)Clone Zero

8)Zero

9)Omega Rugal

10)Igniz

Rest Btween matches, Every1 is @ full power, No PIS or CIS. Can he clear it?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
1)Krauser

Goenitz wins

2)Nightmare Geese

Undecided

3)Riot of Blood Leona

Goenitz wins

4)New Faces Team (True Forms)

Goenitz loses, He can't handle the other 3 Heavenly Kings, especially Chris if the boy starts tapping deeper into his Orochi Vector powers.

5)Riot of Blood Iori

Goenitz wins

6)Krizalid

Goenitz wins

7)Clone Zero

Undecided

8)Zero

Undecided, though I would probably say Zero

9)Omega Rugal

Goenitz wins

10)Igniz

Igniz wins.

So yeah, if we do this as a Gauntlet, he would either get stopped at Nightmare Geese, or definitely at the Orochi New Face Team.

Frisky Dingo
I actually think O.Rugal is a lot stronger than he's given credit 4. He's even the super boss of KOF02UM, over Igniz. Imo, he could B more powerful than Igniz, himself.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Stops at Orochi New Faces Team. Goenitz won't be able to handle all 3 heavenly kings at once.

Darkstorm Zero
I actually think O.Rugal is a lot stronger than he's given credit 4. He's even the super boss of KOF02UM, over Igniz. Imo, he could B more powerful than Igniz, himself.

Yeah, but it's only a fraction of the power Goenitz has access to.

And Igniz was fairly powerful, he was able to hold NESTS together from the shadows, and they had some powerful dudes in their ranks.

Although, I do wonder if Rugal is really dead, if you have a look at the ending montage of KOF 2002, where Rugal is sitting on his throne, it seems like he's contamplating NESTS. This actually gave rise to a theory that Rugal was running NESTS from even deeper behind the scenes than Igniz was. However, this depends heavily on wether or not Rugal survived 95.

No End N Site
I think Rugal's pretty strong too. I mean, he keeps appearin' in the dream matches and he's always the ultimate secret boss. Well, at least in 02UM and Neowave. And like DSZ said, he may not be dead either. Fan fav for sure.

As for the thread, I'm pretty damn confused cuz I've never read anything that led me to believe the 97 new faces team was ever a match for ol' Leopold. Coulda sworn he was the leader. Like The O Man's right hand. He has been stated to be the leader of the Hakkeshu.

And another thing to just toss out there. Are the NESTS ranks really in order of power? I know C.Zero and Krizalid (Kriz is better than C.Zero) are the weakest but Zero seems like one bad ass motha phucka. Igniz did share a similar rank to Zero and only rose to be the leader by assassinatin' Nests 'after' Zero had already died. Zero prolly coulda stopped Igniz if he was alive.

AsbestosFlaygon
1)Krauser - Goenitz wins

2)Nightmare Geese - Goenitz wins

3)Riot of Blood Leona - Goenitz wins

4)New Faces Team (True Forms) - New Faces team wins. He won't beat 3 Heavenly Kings by himself.

5)Riot of Blood Iori - Goenitz wins

6)Krizalid - Goenitz wins

7)Clone Zero - Not sure. Goenitz wins, more likely.

8)Zero - Can go either way. Original Zero would more likely win, imo.

9)Omega Rugal - Omega Rugal wins. Orochi's power puts him in a completely different level.

10)Igniz - Igniz wins. His superior tech and enhancements give him God-like strength and durability.

Esomark
Originally posted by No End N Site

As for the thread, I'm pretty damn confused cuz I've never read anything that led me to believe the 97 new faces team was ever a match for ol' Leopold. Coulda sworn he was the leader. Like The O Man's right hand. He has been stated to be the leader of the Hakkeshu.

Considering that all three are facing him and are using their Orochi powers, they would overwhelm him here. I've also read a storyline somewhere that all three in those states were overwhelming the teams.

No End N Site
It just seemed heavily implied that Goenitz (and Yama) was the most powerful of the heavenly kings while I don't remember there ever being anything that actually stated the NFT97 was actually any good.

Esomark
I've seen the SNK Wiki list Yamazaki as being "too strong" for the other members to take on. Apparently he can also resist the Riot of the Blood due his own sheer will and stubbornness.

Does anyone know how Iori, Leona, and Goenitz slash with their hands as if they had claws? Is it just for style or is there an underlying reason?

No End N Site
DSZ told me along time ago that it was either wind or chi on their finger tips that lead to the slashin'. He could tell you better than I can, tho. I've pretty much forgotten.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, pretty much.

With Leona iit's more to do with Chi Manipulation into a cutting edge

It's more prevalent in her specials than her normals, but the principal remains.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/snk-leona.gif

In a way, Rugal does the same with his Genocide Cutter and heavy beads destruction.

However, with Iori, it's more physical than chi based, as he actually hooks his fingers into claws, rather than knifehands like Leona does.

And with Goenitz, it is wind based. However, this is simply another take on Chi manip, since all of Goenitz's powers are wind based anyway.

Esomark
Thanks. I wondered about it for a long time but never could find a solid answer anywhere. It seems it's limited to those connected with Orochi.

No End N Site
Wonder if Iori's ever gonna get his flames back. I hated dude, but I kinda like'im now.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Esomark
Thanks. I wondered about it for a long time but never could find a solid answer anywhere. It seems it's limited to those connected with Orochi.

Not quite, there are some like Eiji who can do it, and then there's Geese...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.