Rank these guys in combat speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Silver Surfer, Flash, Superman, Sentry

Uriel005
Flash, Surfer, Supes, Sentry.
I'm assuming you mean blitzing the opponent.

-Pr-
Flash, Superman, Surfer, Sentry.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Silver Surfer, Flash, Superman, Sentry define combat speed

enough velocity to cause harm = combat speed for certain objects/vehicles

CosmicComet
1. Flash

2. Superman
3. Sentry

4. Surfer.

Badabing
Originally posted by CosmicComet
1. Flash

2. Superman
3. Sentry

4. Surfer. thumb up

And sneer for me having to agree with you.

MrMind
flash

surfer
superman

sentry

The Nuul
1. Flash

2. Superman
3. Sentry

4. Surfer.

marwash22
that gap between Flash and the rest should be larger.

celeyhyga17
1.Flash

2.Superman/Sentry

3.Silver Surfer

carver9
my term of combat speed has something to do with reflexs, ability to maneaver around during combat along with dodging.

Flash

Superman
Sentry

Surfer

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Badabing
thumb up

And sneer for me having to agree with you.

The abyss stares at me, and I stare right back.

I'm watching you...watching me...watching you.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/sneer.gif

Mindset
Stalker sneer

CosmicComet
Isn't there a multi-page Doom thread that needs your attention?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/sneer.gif

tideoftime
Flash

Superman
Sentry

Surfer

(Assuming the balance of reflexes, agility, finesse, and movement. Of course, none of us, as such, would be able to tell the difference between these guys, but to each other, it would be something like the above. Also, Surfer, for example, may fly/warp faster than, say, Superman, but Kal has the edge in certain other factors.)

Slaanesh
Flash

Supes/Sentry
Surfer

janus77
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Silver Surfer, Flash, Superman, Sentry
Surfer / Flash

Superman

Sentry

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Flash

Supes/Sentry
Surfer

ankur29
1. Flash

2. Superman
3. Sentry

4. Surfer.

thumb up

D_Dude1210
Flash

Surfer/Superman
Sentry

Surfer's been able to demonstrate nanosecond reaction time as well as shown on panel to be able to speedblitz speedblitzers (Nova Prime). Why ppl still put his combat speed so low is beyond me... :-/

Tho I DO agree that he rarely exhibits his combat speed. When he DID do so, he'd pwn ppl.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer, Flash, Sentry, Superman

Could switch Flash and Sentry's position though for sure

Philosophía
1. Flash

2. Superman
3. Sentry

4. Surfer. Lawlz @ Sentry being anywhere close to Superman.

dmills
Flash
Supes
Sentry
Norrin

Originally posted by D_Dude1210

Surfer's been able to demonstrate nanosecond reaction time as well as shown on panel to be able to speedblitz speedblitzers (Nova Prime) When was this?

Parmaniac
1. Flash

2. Superman

3. Sentry

4. Surfer. This (but a bit changed)

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by dmills
When was this?

I'm sure you know when this was. :P

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by carver9
my term of combat speed has something to do with reflexs, ability to maneaver around during combat along with dodging.

Flash

Superman
Sentry

Surfer Sounds about right if they go all out, I suppose.

Superman has a longer feat history, but I wonder if he is actually better than Sentry in that regard?

dmills
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I'm sure you know when this was :P laughing out loud Smart ass. That's stretching the meaning of combat speed a wee bit. But Norrin has other feats that fit the bill.

quanchi112
Flash
Supes
Sentry
Norrin

When was this? You know when.

carver9
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Sounds about right if they go all out, I suppose.

Superman has a longer feat history, but I wonder if he is actually better than Sentry in that regard?

Flying through space at light speed, both of them have that under their belts.

Supes has shown more though when it comes to combat speed. He's no flash (fighting at ftl speeds) but he is second to none.

Some people are missing though, like northstar, someone who has shown on panel that he can punch someone 50, 100, 1000, times in a second and create multiples of after images, etc, etc. I would put him under flash combat speed wise.

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
You know when. I know nothing damn you. The only thing I can recall is Nova being trapped in a dead universe kicking some purple ass stick out tongue

Mindship

Surfer > Superman in linear/flight/zigzagging combat speed.
Superman >> Surfer in h2h combat speed.
This is why Superman is second.

quanchi112
I know nothing damn you. The only thing I can recall is Nova being trapped in a dead universe kicking some purple ass stick out tongue With the aid of a cc.

What issue of Nova was this when Surfer easily was flying circles around him ?

batdude123
Originally posted by Mindship

Don't know how you came to this conclusion.

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
With the aid of a cc.

What issue of Nova was this when Surfer easily was flying circles around him ? Never happened. I remember Nova getting sneak attacked though. I also remember Nova turning on the jets and circling back around to smack Norrin. A true face to face speed blitz stick out tongue

Sr J-Bieb
This thread is missing Goku

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Spite

Omega Vision
Flash, Superman, Sentry, Surfer.

Spite
It's idiotic to act like the high speed games of patty cake that DBZ characters play is evidence of some kind of uber combat speed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

ha.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Flash, Superman, Sentry, Surfer.

It's idiotic to act like the high speed games of patty cake that DBZ characters play is evidence of some kind of uber combat speed.

I can post one feat from dbz that no one in marvel or dc "including fash" has ever done or shown the ability to do.

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindship

Superman >> Surfer in h2h combat speed.
This is why Superman is second.

Linear speed is debatable if we're counting travel speeds relative to light speed but Supes has him beat hands down in zigzagging speed, it's the reason he's surpassed only by the speedforcers in cqc speed.

-Pr-
I can post one feat from dbz that no one in marvel or dc "including fash" has ever done or shown the ability to do.

then why haven't you done so before?

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
then why haven't you done so before?

Because I thought it was obvious that dbz combat speed is far greater than any other character.

Prep-Man

no you can't.

carver9
Oh yes I can but let's get off of dbz, they are not involved in this thread.

-Pr-
suuuure, that's why. stick out tongue

psycho gundam
I can post one feat from dbz that no one in marvel or dc "including fash" has ever done or shown the ability to do. please do

i say carver gets to post his evidence, and a closing rebuttal/apology after the rebuttal of his evidence post, and the mini topic is done after that. PR can kill it himself

this evidence needs to be seen

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
please do

i say carver gets to post his evidence, and a closing rebuttal/apology after the rebuttal of his evidence post, and the mini topic is done after that. PR can kill it himself

this evidence needs to be seen

Why jump into this when you are not going to like the source that I use. I don't understand why numerous of people follow my post, I was messing with pr, was about to "own" him. I'm not posting anything regarding this topic because it is going to lead to a war along with bashing.

Back on topic.

Flash

Superman
Sentry (never showed me anything to make me believe he is as good as supes combat wise)

Surfer

-Pr-
Why jump into this when you are not going to like the source that I use. I don't understand why numerous of people follow my post, I was messing with pr, was about to "own" him. I'm not posting anything regarding this topic because it is going to lead to a war along with bashing.

Back on topic.

Flash

Superman
Sentry (never showed me anything to make me believe he is as good as supes combat wise)

Surfer

Now I want to see it.

Your continuous denial will just be taken as you admitting that you're incorrect.

carver9
Now I want to see it.

Your continuous denial will just be taken as you admitting that you're incorrect.

What am I in denial about? I just said that Supes was the second fastest because he is.

-Pr-
What am I in denial about? I just said that Supes was the second fastest because he is.

You're dodging now. For shame, Carver, for shame...

Badabing
Am I in denial? Yes.

I'm glad we've has this talk. biscuits

carver9
You're dodging now. For shame, Carver, for shame...

Fast forward to 1 minute and 35 seconds.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=MA2GMVgnr7w

No one in comic history has ever dodged punches like that.

carver9
Yes.

I'm glad we've has this talk. biscuits

Lol... that's messed up.

Badabing
Lol... that's messed up. Would you expect any less?

badawe

-Pr-

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=MA2GMVgnr7w

Wonder Woman stopping heat vision was faster than that, and that's not even her best feat.

Seriously man, put down the booze.

tideoftime

Link doesn't seemt to work -- it just leads to a default/"dump" point on youtube... maybe you got the hyperlink wrong?

EDIT: Okay -- I see from above that it's working for *somebody*... wonder why it isn't working for me.

What is it supposed to be?

-Pr-
Originally posted by tideoftime
Link doesn't seemt to work -- it just leads to a default/"dump" point on youtube... maybe you got the hyperlink wrong?

for anyone wondering:

MA2GMVgnr7w

and yes, he messed up the link.

carver9
Wonder Woman stopping heat vision was faster than that, and that's not even her best feat.

Seriously man, put down the booze.

Its kind of different pr... that's hand motion that's nothing compared to what I just showed you. His entire body was moving at super speed, everything, along with flipping, etc.

That feat is far superior.

-Pr-
Its kind of different pr... that's hand motion that's nothing compared to what I just showed you. His entire body was moving at super speed, everything, along with flipping, etc.

That feat is far superior.

The heat vision was faster than those attacks, though...

carver9
I'm referring to the small guy that was dodging the punches, not the guy that was punching.

-Pr-
I'm referring to the small guy that was dodging the punches, not the guy that was punching.

that's just superspeed. it's not that impressive. hell, even superman's dodging of doomsday rex is more impressive.

psycho gundam
i think "like that" is what carver is trying to peddle, cause the speed involved to do what son goku did has been exceeded by dozens of characters.

fighting like flash/superman/goku is a stupidass requirement for speed feats as a general prerequisite

tideoftime
Was that a joke, Carver?

Pr is absolutely correct: *Diana* has comparable dodge/deflection feats to that -- and she's not *near* Wally's/Barry's level of "not getting hit" (when the latter two are keeping their wits about them and not jobbing).

I mean, the reference is ... *cute*... for lack of a better term... but I *really* hope you posted that for humorous reasons... otherwise you just discredited your perspective-opinion on this subject. Not saying that to be confrontational -- just saying...

carver9
The heat vision was faster than those attacks, though...

And that's wondys thing, she is good at dodging slapping blast ouut of the air but that still isn't comparable to what I showed you. Since we are talking about blast, fast forward that same clip to 7 min and 42 sec... goku and nappa are point blank range from each other, look how fast goku counter that blast.

Omega Vision
I'm confused Carver. All I saw was you posting coverage of the world patty cake championship. I thought you were going to post some good combat speed feats.

carver9
Was that a joke, Carver?

Pr is absolutely correct: *Diana* has comparable dodge/deflection feats to that -- and she's not *near* Wally's/Barry's level of "not getting hit" (when the latter two are keeping their wits about them and not jobbing).

I mean, the reference is ... *cute*... for lack of a better term... but I *really* hope you posted that for humorous reasons... otherwise you just discredited your perspective-opinion on this subject. Not saying that to be confrontational -- just saying...

Omg, you don't see the difference in what you are saying? Wonder Woman slapping blast out the air vs someone maneavering around super speed punches like candy?

psycho gundam
like candy?

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm confused Carver. All I saw was you posting coverage of the world patty cake championship. I thought you were going to post some good combat speed feats.

Lol, you all are hilarious. Show me some full body movements besides slapping blast and you might have an argument. What I showed you never happened on panel.

Badabing
I can post one feat from dbz that no one in marvel or dc "including fash" has ever done or shown the ability to do. Enough, for real.

carver9
like candy?

Yeah, I'm craving for some candy and decided to add it to my post so that the word could possibly soothe my cravings.

carver9
Enough, for real.

Omg... pr asked me to post it. I told them what would happened if I posted it but he challenged me so I posted it.

tideoftime
Omg, you don't see the difference in what you are saying? Wonder Woman slapping blast out the air vs someone maneavering around super speed punches like candy?

Diana has dodged/evaded multiple machine gun/energy attacks being fired at her simultaneously -- a feat comparable to what you linked. And her deflecting rapid heatvision attacks is *much* more impressive than that.

Again, not trying to be confrontational, Carver, just saying that if you think *that link* is anything truly "high-end", in terms of reflex/evasion feats in comics, then your perspective of what is being conveyed in certain issues/comic feats is perhaps being skewed by "x" artists, or such, because while the clip is certainly a good superspeed feat, it isn't anything a number of superfast characters couldn't do, and Superman and Surfer (when he decides to get serious) could easily duplicate that.

Wally/Barry could do that, load the dishwasher, check email, and water the lawn... and wonder what they'll order for lunch...

carver9
Diana has dodged/evaded multiple machine gun/energy attacks being fired at her simultaneously -- a feat comparable to what you linked. And her deflecting rapid heatvision attacks is *much* more impressive than that.

Again, not trying to be confrontational, Carver, just saying that if you think *that link* is anything truly "high-end", in terms of reflex/evasion feats in comics, then your perspective of what is being conveyed in certain issues/comic feats is perhaps being skewed by "x" artists, or such, because while the clip is certainly a good superspeed feat, it isn't anything a number of superfast characters couldn't do, and Superman and Surfer (when he decides to get serious) could easily duplicate that.

Wally/Barry could do that, load the dishwasher, check email, and water the lawn... and wonder what they'll order for lunch...

I will pm you tide.

-Pr-
Omg... pr asked me to post it. I told them what would happened if I posted it but he challenged me so I posted it.

I honestly expected you to post something more impressive. I'm honestly a bit disappointed...

Badabing
Omg... pr asked me to post it. I told them what would happened if I posted it but he challenged me so I posted it. I know. vin

quanchi112
Omg... pr asked me to post it. I told them what would happened if I posted it but he challenged me so I posted it. I love that you gave him the omg business.

carver9
I know. vin

Lol... I honestly think you all are trying to set me up. Ill give myself 2 days and I am banned. Just want to let everyone know... it was nice meeting you all.

Badabing
Lol... I honestly think you all are trying to set me up. Ill give myself 2 days and I am banned. Just want to let everyone know... it was nice meeting you all. I wouldn't need to set you up. I would just do...stick out tongue

And I have never warned you. sneer

carver9
I wouldn't need to set you up. I would just do...stick out tongue

And I have never warned you. sneer

Happy Dance

You know I don't start trouble and I think you kind of enjoy me owning pr daily like I have been doing for the past 4 years.

Badabing
Happy Dance

You know I don't start trouble and I think you kind of enjoy me owning pr daily like I have been doing for the past 4 years. *waits for Pr to enter the thread*

Doom on you Carver...evilgrin

carver9
I honestly expected you to post something more impressive. I'm honestly a bit disappointed...

That was childs play... I can do far better.

shokosugi

Tha C-Master
Was that a joke, Carver?

I mean, the reference is ... *cute*... for lack of a better term... but I *really* hope you posted that for humorous reasons... otherwise you just discredited your perspective-opinion on this subject. Not saying that to be confrontational -- just saying... Carver's a genius, the man knows how to take all the attention in every thread, every time. Very few people know how to do that consistently.

-Pr-
That was childs play... I can do far better.

you keep saying that and saying that. i think i just don't want any more disappointments, tbh...

Happy Dance

You know I don't start trouble and I think you kind of enjoy me owning pr daily like I have been doing for the past 4 years.

like you did when you showed vulcan travelling between galaxies in a couple of weeks?
like you did when you showed me that superman was slower than black adam?
like you did when you showed me Bill surviving a supernova casually?

Oh, wait...

Tha C-Master
Did he?

carver9
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Carver's a genius, the man knows how to take all the attention in every thread, every time. Very few people know how to do that consistently.

I wish this wasn't true because people tend to have a bad habit of bashing. That's not my intention

Tha C-Master
Being awesome has a price.

carver9
you keep saying that and saying that. i think i just don't want any more disappointments, tbh...

like you did when you showed vulcan travelling between galaxies in a couple of weeks?
like you did when you showed me that superman was slower than black adam?
like you did when you showed me Bill surviving a supernova casually?

Oh, wait...

I never said that adam was faster than superman, I actually said the opposite. What I did do was show you a scan of a group stating that black adam was more powerful. You must forgot that I was one of the peeps that was voting for supes.

I showed you vulcan traveling through galaxys to prove that everyone and their grandmoma has flown through space at light speed and its irrelevant to use space travel as any type of indication that someone can fight at light speed.

Bill supernova? I already told you that I don't think that I was wrong about that, we just have 2 different opinions.

I'm about to show you some more stuff, one sec.

-Pr-
I never said that adam was faster than superman, I actually said the opposite. What I did do was show you a scan of a group stating that black adam was more powerful. You must forgot that I was one of the peeps that was voting for supes.

I showed you vulcan traveling through galaxys to prove that everyone and their grandmoma has flown through space at light speed and its irrelevant to use space travel as any type of indication that someone can fight at light speed.

Bill supernova? I already told you that I don't think that I was wrong about that, we just have 2 different opinions.

I'm about to show you some more stuff, one sec.

my memory is better than yours it seems.

also, the scan was of an amped black adam. from a source that was hardly concrete.

except that he didn't, thereby nullifying your "proof". he needed the ship and the gate to travel further.

that's fine. your opinion is just wrong. biscuits

carver9
my memory is better than yours it seems.

also, the scan was of an amped black adam. from a source that was hardly concrete.

except that he didn't, thereby nullifying your "proof". he needed the ship and the gate to travel further.

that's fine. your opinion is just wrong. biscuits

I agree with the memory thing ,to some extent". I just read a lot of comics and get things mixed up sometimes. I need to do some research first before posting comments... that's my problem.

The adam scan didn't happen during the time he was amped (to my knowledge... I could be wrong though).

Before vulcan even hit the gates he was traveling past planets like nothing. He was going light but he wasn't going fast enough to fly to the end of a galaxy in enough time to suffer from old age. He was thousands of light years from his target, he needed assistance.

Its 50/50 imo... one of us is wrong and some people actually agreed with my thought on the scan.

This shouldn't disappoint you...

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=lKJQ5RQBuDQ

Fast forward it to 3 min and 30 seconds.

Since we want to talk about blast, look at goku dodging blast so fast that it appears as if the blast are going through his body and he wasn't even turned around looking at them when they were shooting.

Fast forward the same scan to 7 min and 10 sec

Punches are going straight through his body as if he was a ghost.

Fast foward to 12 minutes and 20 sec

Some more super speed dodging but the thing about this is, they slowed the fight down so that we can see what was going. Look at 12 min and 30, they show their actual speed. Look at 12 min and 40 sec... you will see them again moving at tremendous speeds and again, he is doing the same dodging thing but he is doing it against two peeps with super speed. One of the guys is so fast that they can actually see the world as a statue... everything is still to him.

-Pr-
he was only on oolong island after being amped.

that's what i said. "past planets" isn't exactly super-fast, you know.

it wasn't nearly 50/50. we both know this.

your link isn't working for me.

edit: i just watched it.

now, i am not saying that's bad; not at all. but saying that someone like Superman, or even Flash (which you better not) has done on panel is borderline lunacy. Superman has shown more than once that he can vibrate through things will seeming to not even move from his standing position. that includes energy blasts.

moving faster than the eye can see? yep, he's done that too, more than once. even John Byrne Superman could move faster than the eye could track.

carver9
he was only on oolong island after being amped.

that's what i said. "past planets" isn't exactly super-fast, you know.

it wasn't nearly 50/50. we both know this.

your link isn't working for me.

edit: i just watched it.

now, i am not saying that's bad; not at all. but saying that someone like Superman, or even Flash (which you better not) has done on panel is borderline lunacy. Superman has shown more than once that he can vibrate through things will seeming to not even move from his standing position. that includes energy blasts.

moving faster than the eye can see? yep, he's done that too, more than once. even John Byrne Superman could move faster than the eye could track.

You could be right about adam, I'm not doubting you.

"How" he was flying past planets proves that he was flying at or above "c". That was my entire argument. Vulcan isn't a light speedster just because he flew threw space at those speed. space flight is the best way to travel because there really isn't anything holding someones speed back. Numerous of characters has flown through space at "c" and half of them reflexes "suck" unless you want to say that despero is a light speedster as well.

I give up on the beta ray bill comment because him laying in the sun is a good enough feat for me.

Goku wasn't just moving faster than the human eye could see, he was moving faster than super human eyes could see. Super humans that has on panel showings of being able to see things moving at tremendous speeds. One of the guys has proven that he can see the world and people as statues and goku was even to fast for him to tag.

I agree, supes has showing of blitzing faster than humans eyes could see but super humans that can see at unbelievable speeds... naah.

By the way, that's one of the weakest and slowest versions of goku. He gets 50 times more powerful and faster by the end of a couple of episodes.

On the real though, I have never seen anyone fight like that and I am referring to EVERY mavel and dc character.

None of them have feats like that... none.

psycho gundam
dbz talk was supposed to be temporary

carver9
dbz talk was supposed to be temporary

I agree and I'm done with it... you all have a good night.

-Pr-
smh... facepalm

i'll say this carver; i hope whatever girl/boy you end up with has no interest in comics...

carver9
smh... facepalm

i'll say this carver; i hope whatever girl/boy you end up with has no interest in comics...

laughing

I'm glad that I don't know what you mean by this.

-Pr-
hey, i'm just looking out for your happiness...

StiltmanFTW
1. Flash

2. Superman
3. Sentry

4. Surfer.

thumb up

carver9
hey, i'm just looking out for your happiness...

confused

I give up... waving the flag in the air. I'm gone foreal this time and pr... you don't have to explain any of this to me, I don't mind being confused about this subject.

I am going to leave you all be for a couple of days until the "frieza vs thanos thread" is opened back up.

psycho gundam
laughing out loud please don't do it mods

Sirius77

Sirius77
I just read through this..... BEST. THREAD. EVER.

Carver I dont want you to get banned, those videos.... are golden. That made my night haha. So is this for real?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.