Darth Vader vs Sauron.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Scenario 1: Vaders just cruising around in his TIE fighter being all pimp and shit when he senses an emanation in the Force. He checks it out and finds Sauron chillin' out post ass-raping the armies of middle earth like a badass mother****er.

They start just facing each other with standard equipment, no prep or knowledge of each other.

Scenario 2: Sauron gets 100 orcs at his disposal. They are all swordsman.

Scenario 3: Same as 2 only Sauron doesn't need the ring to survive.

Sadako of Girth
Vader stompage, as far as I can see.... No way can Sauron cope with the Force and its TK attacks.

Vader TKs the Sword from saurons hand, and cuts his hand off with the sabre, ESB style. He removes the ring from the hand, and force TK's Sauron's fallen sword into Sauron's bottom until Sauron's bowels explode.

Nephthys
Sauron used a mace fyi. You think Vader's TK is that strong to rip Saurons weapon from his hand? He was casually swatting dozens of guys in platemail around like they were cheap hoes. Also, no knowledge of each other means Vader as no idea about the Ring.

Lord Lucien
Vader seemed pretty casual about the whole "ripping metal stuff off the wall". I think he could handle Sauron's mace.

But if Vader has no knowledge of him or his strength, I don't think he'll go for a kill shot right away. All Sauron has to do his Vader once and he'll be crushed.

Lack of foresight plus the Ring---Vader won't last.

General_Iroh
Scenario one what exactly is standard equipment? Without his saber Sauron probably has a better chance, but I'd still lean towards Vader.
Scenario two I'd definitely give to Vader as well as scenario three. I just don't see what threat orcs will pose to vader and with his saber Sauron should be easy enough.

Nephthys
Standard Equipment for Vader: His lightsaber and suit.

Standard Equipment for Sauron: His mace, his armor and the One Ring.

If anyone can correct me on that or knows anything else those two carry on their person then feel free to do so and telll us. I just don't want anyone trying to suggest that Vader gets a Star Destroyer or anything silly like that.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sauron used a mace fyi. You think Vader's TK is that strong to rip Saurons weapon from his hand? He was casually swatting dozens of guys in platemail around like they were cheap hoes. Also, no knowledge of each other means Vader as no idea about the Ring.

Yes. Fair enough on the mace.

Yeah If he utilises his top end Nooooooooooooooooooooo power.
It doesnt matter if the hand is off, though right?

Plus Saurons battling Vaderprecog here.

Reckon Vader could also force throw his sabre and decapitate Sauron, particularly once the hand and ring with it is cut off as per standard Skywalker de-arm the enemy tactics.

guy222
vader wins

quanchi112
Sauron in all three.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Nephthys
Standard Equipment for Sauron: His mace, his armor and the One Ring.

The question then is if we can consider the ring a part of Sauron's standard equipment, given the relative small amount of time he had it in the movie stick out tongue

Darth Martin
Sauron has telepathy but not on Vader's level. Besides the armor on him is ridiculous. The Orcs will be destroyed too.

NemeBro
Vader beats the shit out of Sauron.

He could crush his body like a grape.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Vader beats the shit out of Sauron.

He could crush his body like a grape. Wishful thinking.

Sadako of Girth
Well, all versus battles boil down to that. But backed by on screen evidence, the wishful thought about becomes accepted as likely.

Vader crushes things like grapes on screen, so I'd say Nemebro's pertty likely right.

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wishful thinking. Vader has crushed durable metals with the Force pretty easily.

Sauron had his fingers sliced off by a broken sword.

Broken sword<<<The Force or a lightsaber.

BruceSkywalker
Vader throws objects at Sauron as shown from ESB, then either force crush as shown from ESB as well as ROTJ or Vader wins via decapitation

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Vader has crushed durable metals with the Force pretty easily.

Sauron had his fingers sliced off by a broken sword.

Broken sword<<<The Force or a lightsaber. Well this is a magical enemy here making it not the same thing.

The sword was very sharp though not comparable to a saber I will grant you that it was a lucky strike after he lowered hi sguard reaching down by crushing a sword by his leg alone.

Sauron kills him with the mace. Too powerful for anything vader can bring to the table.

Sadako of Girth
Not when its been sliced through with a sabre its not.
Vader force crushes Saurons helmet. smile

(And his metal hat too.)

Lord Lucien
I just don't see Vader opening with a Force Crush, not if he knows nothing about Sauron or his powers. He has a tendency to go for the saber first.

Sadako of Girth
If he doesn't know, then why wouldn't he play it safe and battle at range, using a fight finisher as the opening move...?

Why would he risk getting involved with a taller opponent with a reachy and hefty weapon..?

Pwned
Its Vader, he tends to do stupid stuff like that

Sadako of Girth
Well he doesnt here....so what does Sauron do about it when his head is crushed inside his helmet?

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well he doesnt here....so what does Sauron do about it when his head is crushed inside his helmet?
He dies.

Sadako of Girth
Sounds like sense to me. yes

ares834
Originally posted by General_Iroh
He dies.
Nah he prefroms his immortality/spiritual crap. Then says "I SEE YOU!"

Lord Lucien
Alternate scenario: Vader pontificates about being the only Dark Lord and raises his saber. Sauron swings his mace and crushes Vader's breathing apparatus.

Sadako of Girth
Nahhhh. Wouldnt be so. Vader likes to pontificate AFTER he has slain em, just to be on the safe side.

Also: If he has his sabre raised, that would cut through the Mace.
(Wouldnt be the 1st time Anakin has chopped into one of THOSE lol)

His precog also would warn him it was coming. (Especially a big slow mace like that.)

Also, hows Sauron gonna know what breathing apparatus IS let alone how to mess it up..?

Pwned
Considering how Sauron, even with the Ring, wouldnt have left Morder, all the has to do is let Vaders breathing screw up cuz of the gasses

Yes, it would prolly happen to Vader due to his breathing apparatus, a machine isnt infallible, and considering how no normal/force using humans had went into Morder and lived, we have to take Boromir at his word, correct?

Also, Sauron COULD just crush his whole chest ^.^

Sauron is also a spirit thingy in armor, hence the spirit like explosion

Though Vader, its Vader, he has a major chance of winning

Sadako of Girth
It also took Vader all the time from the end of Palps 'til when he was dragged all the way to shuttle bay and a brief convo with Luke before he died due to the breakdown.

PLENTY of time with which to take Sauron out, after his respirator goes.

But considering force crush of the helmet wins as Vader's opening move, that is only academic really, anyway.

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
Well this is a magical enemy here making it not the same thing.

The sword was very sharp though not comparable to a saber I will grant you that it was a lucky strike after he lowered hi sguard reaching down by crushing a sword by his leg alone.

Sauron kills him with the mace. Too powerful for anything vader can bring to the table. Yeah cause being a "magical" enemy sure as hell helped when Sauron had his hand sliced off by a broken sword right? And it sure as hell helped Saruman when he was killed by Grima ****ing Wormtongue using a normal knife, right? Your "he's magic" argument is a cop-out for you to use in place of a real point, and it does not cut it.

Said saber will cut through Sauron's little mace as though it will better, he could literally just hold it up and let Sauron cut his own mace in half.

Oh place, the Force makes his little mace look like a tablespoon. Anakin was able to use the Force to control a ship that was torn in half and have it weather re-entry into the atmosphere, his power eclipses Sauron's. A single force crush caves his chest in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.