Which of these guys could successfully stop Cyberdyne Systems Corporation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
(Plays the theme music from Terminator 2)

For those of you that dont already know this, Cyberdyne Systems Corporation is the company responsible from the creation of the extremely power, extremely evil, computer program known as Skynet; in the future Skynet initiates a large scale nuclear exchange and brings mankind to the brink of extinction...

Uatu is aware of what is to come and the longterm ramifications which will result from this event occuring, and so has picked the following individuals to stop Skynet from initiating the nuclear exchange...

1) Bruce Wayne
2) Tony Stark
3) Hank Pym
4) Nick Fury

In this senario, Skynet has just attained sentient status, has decided to kill off humanity, and is getting ready to start Judgement Day (the firing of the ICBM's at Russia which will cause Russia to fight back and launch its ICBM's at the US)...

Furthermore, being a sentient program and possessing incredible computational ability (can do 20 petaflops/second), Skynet can put its consciousness into any computer wired to the internet in the world at will...

Each of the above individuals has 1 hour to successfully pin Skynet down, hack into the computer its consciousness is located in, and shut Skynet down before the nukes launch...

Can any of the above individuals do it?

(and yes, I left out Doom and Richards for obvious reasons)

Deadline
Well if all of them go together then as a team they can win. Not sure if Nick Furys hacking skills are that good but he's obvously very good at strategy. So I think they could all do individually but I'm not sure about Nick.

TheLordofMurder
They dont go as a team, but individually...

Deadline
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
They dont go as a team, but individually...

They could all do it not sure about Nick.

-Pr-
Pym.

psycho gundam
a 1990 computer network is nothing compared to what we have today, the limits of the "cyber ghost" are far smaller.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by psycho gundam
a 1990 computer network is nothing compared to what we have today, the limits of the "cyber ghost" are far smaller.

Well at 20 petaflops/sec, Skynet would annihilate any current supercomputer in the world in number crunching ability...

TheLordofMurder
Blasted...should have made this a poll topic; could you do that for me Pr?

TheLordofMurder
But anyway, I honestly dont think any of them could stop Skynet in this senario...

Just my opinion though...

-Pr-
Blasted...should have made this a poll topic; could you do that for me Pr?

sorry, can't. and i mean can't. physically can't.

illadelph12
Could close and re-open as a poll...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by -Pr-
sorry, can't. and i mean can't. physically can't.

Np...

psycho gundam
But anyway, I honestly dont think any of them could stop Skynet in this senario...

Just my opinion though... blowing up/shutting down the nukes would be easier

tsscls
Pym.
You do know that Bruce Wayne is Batman?!?
confused

-Pr-
Originally posted by tsscls
You do know that Bruce Wayne is Batman?!?
confused

Pym is better with AI, though.

Blair Wind
Tony is best with AI. Pym's just as likely to make Skynet Ultron 5.0 as he is to stop the threat

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Tony is best with AI. Pym's just as likely to make Skynet Ultron 5.0 as he is to stop the threat

uhuh

take that back.

TheLordofMurder
blowing up/shutting down the nukes would be easier

But they only have 1 hour and there are hundreds if not over a thousand of them; I dont think the exact location of all of them are common knowledge...

And if one of them was able to find out the location of all of them (Fury should be able to obtain this info almost instantly), I find it hard to believe they could physically destroy them all within an hour...

If the goal was to shut down the computers used to launch them, Skynet would be attempting to block their efforts; in T-3, Skynet was simutaneoulsy manipulating computers all across America...

I am sure the best of them as pertains to computers (Pym and Stark) could stop some of them from launching, but I cant see them stopping all of them within an hour...

TheLordofMurder

Doh!!!!@!!!!!

Very true though; Pym might make things worse...

thumb up

tsscls
Pym is better with AI, though.
Batkick, FAY'A! Happy Dance

Blair Wind
Tony is still a technopath no? He probably has the best bet.

He also has the best bet of taking out the nuke threat by launching all his armors to take out all the nukes at their sites.

TheLordofMurder
Tony is still a technopath no? He probably has the best bet.

He also has the best bet of taking out the nuke threat by launching all his armors to take out all the nukes at their sites.

Oooooo....

Good point; he would have the best bet of physically stopping all of the nukes...

psycho gundam
duh

rotiart
To comments that reed was left off for obvious reasons..

When Tony faced off against sentry he hacked cloc and broke through reeds firewalls and safeties in minutes disabling everything... He even commented on reeds poor software skills...

Tony for the win

SquallX
Take out nick, and add either Cyborg Superman, or Braniac, because Fury's useless here.

rotiart
Originally posted by SquallX
Take out nick, and add either Cyborg Superman, or Braniac, because Fury's useless here.

... Cyborg superman was able to take over the alpha lanterns...and the manhunters... Cyberdyne would be a mid afternoon snack to him.

Brainiac would be overkill also...

And nick fury is never useless... Except with his secret avengers issues which I feel were a waste of his talents. :-/

SquallX
Originally posted by rotiart
... Cyborg superman was able to take over the alpha lanterns...and the manhunters... Cyberdyne would be a mid afternoon snack to him.

Brainiac would be overkill also...

And nick fury is never useless... Except with his secret avengers issues which I feel were a waste of his talents. :-/

When it concerns technologies, and certain things, yes he's useless.

He's more a strategists, than he's technology wiz.

Lord_Talron
nick fury would talk skynet into putting a magnet to its hard drive

rotiart

Hater.
Nick fury punches skynet in it's USB port for the win.

Lord_Talron
Hater.
Nick fury punches skynet in it's USB port for the win. maybe not exactly that, but it will definitely include cigars, dry wit, and plenty of testosterone

marwash22
Tony.

Doctor-Alvis
To comments that reed was left off for obvious reasons..

When Tony faced off against sentry he hacked cloc and broke through reeds firewalls and safeties in minutes disabling everything... He even commented on reeds poor software skills...

Tony for the win
Feh, tech skills are like martial arts skills. They're only as good as they need to be.

Eternal Idol
Tony is best with AI. Pym's just as likely to make Skynet Ultron 5.0 as he is to stop the threat laughing out loud

Deadline

Not sure if hes useless.

Kazenji

why not Terminator 3??

surely they upgraded skynet for 2003.

illadelph12
Add Mr. Terrific to replace Nick Fury,

Terrific could do it.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Kazenji
why not Terminator 3??

surely they upgraded skynet for 2003. quite the opposite, skynet as was a cold war computer system less powerful than an ipad

Badabing
Pym. Pym, and that's it? durpalm

pr

They all can do it, PEE ARE!!!!!!! sneer

basilisk
Yeah, I would NOT pick Pym for this one, maybe Tony. I like the Mr Terrific suggestion.

Sin I AM
is it me or is all the pym wankage gotten even more exrtreme than usual lately...i meant come on dude sucks

Sin I AM
imo smile

Deadline
Originally posted by Sin I AM
imo smile

hahaha. Pym is that bad?

Sin I AM
I was reading an skimming thru the comic section in Books a Million yesterday and he was on the cover of Avengers Academy....i almost puked

http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/media/library/images/marvel/avengers-academy-7-mckone.jpg

i mean does his homosexuality know no nounds....he really isnt that interesting a character

Deadline
I was reading an skimming thru the comic section in Books a Million yesterday and he was on the cover of Avengers Academy....i almost puked

http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/media/library/images/marvel/avengers-academy-7-mckone.jpg

i mean does his homosexuality know no nounds....he really isnt that interesting a character

Oh you mean in preferance not capability. You hate gay people sin? wink

Meh Pym is alright I guess.

Sin I AM
No I just dont like the extra lengths writers are going thru to make him interesting...i liked the old pym, or atleast respected the character...this new scientist supreme crap is hogwash imo

Deadline
No I just dont like the extra lengths writers are going thru to make him interesting...

Whatever you're just jealous. You can't have them get over it.

i liked the old pym, or atleast respected the character...this new scientist supreme crap is hogwash imo

Haha I read in wiki it was Loki impersonating Eternity. laughing out loud That makes sense if it's true.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Deadline
Whatever you're just jealous. You can't have them get over it.

Haha I read in wiki it was Loki impersonating Eternity. laughing out loud That makes sense if it's true.

really!! if its is its freaking awesome!!

Deadline
really!! if its is its freaking awesome!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Pym

The cosmic entity Eternity reveals to Pym that he is Earth's "Scientist Supreme", the scientific counterpart to the Earth's current Sorcerer Supreme, as he is able to create science with effects similar to magic. However, Loki later claims to have been posing as Eternity in order to trick Pym.

Apparently it's in Mighty Avengers 34

rotiart
I think it was the issue where hank used science to capture loki.. And then boasts It was something like he was chosen by eternity. Loki says he was eternity. Hank gets pissed and uses a device to hurt loki. Loki cries out to Thor for help... And Thor comes and asks Hank to release loki... I don't think Hank bought what Loki was saying though...

Course Loki being the god of mischief and lies... Who knows.

Blair Wind
Guys, why do you keep asking to replace one person with another? This is not a team scenario, the question is which one of them can do it best? Tony is the obvious answer.

The Nuul

Listen woman, dont make Pym pimp slap you like he does to Jan.

Badabing
Guys, why do you keep asking to replace one person with another? This is not a team scenario, the question is which one of them can do it best? Tony is the obvious answer. I think you meant Wayne! sneerOriginally posted by The Nuul
Listen woman, dont make Pym pimp slap you like he does to Jan. mmm

I think Sin could take him.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by The Nuul
Listen woman, dont make Pym pimp slap you like he does to Jan.

lol I cant wait till the day Marvel has a competant woman writer emasculate the f*** out of Pym and few others.

Thanks Bada Happy Dance ...and i could

the ninjak

That was just Loki messing with him. Wiki doesn't know jack.

Deadline
Originally posted by the ninjak
That was just Loki messing with him. Wiki doesn't know jack.

Well wiki just stated thats what Loki said, it didn't say it was true. Yea I read that bit of the comic and I suspect Loki was messing with him. However Loki did say what we were all thinking. To paraphrase what Loki said " Are you kidding me you really think the universe would pick you over Reed Richards and Doom?" He did mention Cho but I don't know shit about him.

The scientist supreme thing is a load of bullocks and should have been Reed. Pym GTFO.

The Dark Cloud
It said who could beat "the corporation", not one of it's computers or machines. All of them would instantly be crushed...corporations are all powerful. Cyberdyne would deny any of them employment based on prior negative publicity and inappropriate business attire during interviews. Then cyberdyne would initiate a hostile takeover of their financial assets. it would also blacklist them from all but menial service jobs.

It would corner the market on their occuptional specialities and then outsource them to China for cheaper labor.
Bruce, Tony, and Hank last for about a year on unemployment and food stamps, Nick is lucky and gets hired at Wal Mart.
Meanwhile Cyberdine's 28 year old CEO makes about 1,098,456,322 times what they do in bonuses and stock options alone.

the ninjak
Well wiki just stated thats what Loki said, it didn't say it was true. Yea I read that bit of the comic and I suspect Loki was messing with him. However Loki did say what we were all thinking. To paraphrase what Loki said " Are you kidding me you really think the universe would pick you over Reed Richards and Doom?" He did mention Cho but I don't know shit about him.

The scientist supreme thing is a load of bullocks and should have been Reed. Pym GTFO.

Eternity also said that Reed was the "Explorer" and Tony the "Engineer".

Pym has shown real Dr Who like qualities lately. He was also a Skrull for a long time. Ever since his return he's kicked ass.

It has to be stressed that Loki was completely captured by Pym when Loki spewed his desperate attempt to create hostility amongst the team.
Pym had Loki on a hook. And Thor saved him.

illadelph12
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
It said who could beat "the corporation", not one of it's computers or machines. All of them would instantly be crushed...corporations are all powerful. Cyberdyne would deny any of them employment based on prior negative publicity and inappropriate business attire during interviews. Then cyberdyne would initiate a hostile takeover of their financial assets. it would also blacklist them from all but menial service jobs.

It would corner the market on their occuptional specialities and then outsource them to China for cheaper labor.
Bruce, Tony, and Hank last for about a year on unemployment and food stamps, Nick is lucky and gets hired at Wal Mart.
Meanwhile Cyberdine's 28 year old CEO makes about 1,098,456,322 times what they do in bonuses and stock options alone.

That sounds a lot like Goldman-Sachs.

-Pr-
is it me or is all the pym wankage gotten even more exrtreme than usual lately...i meant come on dude sucks

1. he's finally getting the credit he deserves.
2. that's your opinion.

lol I cant wait till the day Marvel has a competant woman writer emasculate the f*** out of Pym and few others.

Thanks Bada Happy Dance ...and i could

confused

basilisk
Originally posted by the ninjak
Pym has shown real Dr Who like qualities lately.
Made me think of the period in Avengers West Coast where he had lost his growing/shrinking powers (supposedly permanently at the time). He just called himself plain "Dr Pym", became the resident team scientist, and even dressed like the old Dr Who, complete with scarf and floppy hat and seemingly endless pockets full of gadgets.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
maybe not exactly that, but it will definitely include cigars, dry wit, and plenty of testosterone perhaps crashing the helicarrier into the hardrive in the hopes that it will do something big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.