Division of Inheritance According to Noble Quran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronma14

The MISTER
I've been curious about the teachings of the Quran but admittedly not not curious enough to read it. You seem to believe in it so I'll ask you do you think that it promotes peace? I wouldn't know because most of the people I hear talking about islam aren't saying anything that doesn't sound biased. Honestly in reference to the above post I don't know what to think of it. Seems like you want me to download a book. I'd rather just take your word for it.

Digi
Edited out the website plug. Discussion is encouraged, advertisements are not.

King Kandy
Originally posted by The MISTER
I've been curious about the teachings of the Quran but admittedly not not curious enough to read it. You seem to believe in it so I'll ask you do you think that it promotes peace? I wouldn't know because most of the people I hear talking about islam aren't saying anything that doesn't sound biased. Honestly in reference to the above post I don't know what to think of it. Seems like you want me to download a book. I'd rather just take your word for it.
That's a kind of dumb question when you think about it. Why would he promote it if he didn't think it was peaceful. Its like me asking a christian if he thinks Jesus taught good ethics.

Quiero Mota

Well, the obvious response to that is that you should probably read it for yourself. You can get a cheap Koran for like 5 or 6 bucks at Barnes-&-Noble.

To answer your question in a nutshell: It promotes peace during peacetime (redundancy?) and for 90% of the time. It encourages wars of retaliation or in defense of other Muslims, but discourages pre-emptive strikes. So when you see Koranic quotes on Bible Thumper websites like "Slay the unbelievers where ever ye find them", they've deliberatley omitted either the sentence immediately before or after in order to make it appear to endorse mindless violence. But sentences like that are only found in paragraphs with detailed preconditions and strict regulations concerning the conduct of warfare. People like Jerry Falwell would have you believe that "Kill everyone!" appears randomly throughout the Koran, but that's actually not the case.

The MISTER
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Well, the obvious response to that is that you should probably read it for yourself. You can get a cheap Koran for like 5 or 6 bucks at Barnes-&-Noble.

To answer your question in a nutshell: It promotes peace during peacetime (redundancy?) and for 90% of the time. It encourages wars of retaliation or in defense of other Muslims, but discourages pre-emptive strikes. So when you see Koranic quotes on Bible Thumper websites like "Slay the unbelievers where ever ye find them", they've deliberatley omitted either the sentence immediately before or after in order to make it appear to endorse mindless violence. But sentences like that are only found in paragraphs with detailed preconditions and strict regulations concerning the conduct of warfare. People like Jerry Falwell would have you believe that "Kill everyone!" appears randomly throughout the Koran, but that's actually not the case. Thanks.

The MISTER
Originally posted by King Kandy
That's a kind of dumb question when you think about it. Why would he promote it if he didn't think it was peaceful. Its like me asking a christian if he thinks Jesus taught good ethics. It's not dumb because I was asking him what he thought. You shouldn't assume that a person calling themselves a christian even knows who Jesus is. Answers can give you insight on how serious you can take someone. If I ask you whether you thought Martin Luthor King was peaceful and you said no I wouldn't feel like you were a good person to take seriously. I might even want you to elaborate so I could see whether or not you have some realistic reason for your stance, but the initial question seeks a sincere personal opinion. It's dumber to assume answers than to ask questions. smokin'

Quiero Mota
It's dumber to assume answers than to ask questions. smokin'

thumb up No doubt. That mistake is also a cause of false convictions (aka- confirmatory bias).

Ronma14
{edited}

Digi
So, 6 months on, you think it will be ok to post an ad for another site, after I edited out the first one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.