Star Wars saga comming in Sep 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies

~JP~
Im not anticipating it. I dont do Blu-ray. smile

Sith Master X
Same here. Too pricey, and DVD, which is practically the same exact quality, is far less expensive.

JediRobin23
Yeah, star wars has always been about anticipation......and letdowns.
This is not important enough to anticipate it almost a year in advance. But, it helps em make money.

Although, the High Definition on a wicked high end LCD, I think would look awesome.

Help people pick up all the things wrong with the films. Cant wait to see the details of the crappy 'Death Star models' during the rebel attack in ANH.

InfernoJG95
alternate scenes like what if luke missed? what if luke never found out leia was his sister?

InfernoJG95
dam just realised need to update my sig i got more achievments since then

coolmovies
This might change your mind

"TheForce.net user Chreff allegedly has connections at Lucasfilm, and he's explained why the 2004 DVDs looked so bad, and how the Blu-Ray version will have fixed all the problems that the 2004 transfer had, and he also makes the claim that this is Lucas's "final" version of Star Wars. I kind of doubt that since there's still the 3D release looming ahead, and if Lucas is given enough time I suspect he'll think up new things to tweak, but overall Chreff's post sounds encouraging, not just for the Blu-Ray release but for the digital preservation of Star Wars in general. He even mentions Adywan. "

" Chreff said:

Let me see if I can be more clear. The 1997 SE was a restored version of the original print plus new effects added. What they did in 2004 was completely disassemble the restored film, cleaned it more and scanned everything in the computer separately. THis basically means the celluloid negative will never have to be touched again. They then re-composited the films together back into the SE version with more additions. Because this process is almost like putting a film together again from scratch, the original color timing that was done in 1977 or 1997 was basically erased and had to be redone. The problem is that because they attempted to meet a DVD release deadline they completed the composites but never finished the color, sound and other little things that would normally be done on a full restoration. That's why things that weren't even in the original release in '77 (like the big blue halo around the Death Star explosion in ANH) are seen on the 2004 DVD. The digital transfer is almost too good.

What's good about all this though is that everything is in a computer at super high res quality. They can pretty much dial in a piece of film and the effect and adjust and correct at will. It's far less laborious than trying to redo real film. Instead of having to mess with celluloid they just hit a keyboard. They put all 3 films together for the 2004 release in less than a year. They've now had 6 years to do the same work. There's no question this quality will be the best ever for SW.

I know how this process works because I have experience in digital editing and also follow SW quite closely, obviously. I also know people in the business who are involved and I know the restoration on the SW saga was still being done long after the DVD release. People like to call GL names but he's continued to put a lot of cash into this project for years (as he should since this is where everything started). The blu-ray is essentially the final version of SW.

The lightsabers will be fixed, especially the green one in ANH. That black smudge on the Emperor in ROTJ? Gone. Those boxes around TIE fighters in ANH? Bye bye! The magically appearing TIE's in the ROTJ space battle? I don't know about that one honestly. It's won't be like that Adywan Revisited stuff though. I'm as anxious to see it as anyone to see it all on my 55" plasma!"

InfernoJG95
well im sold i think

queeq
I do hope they change the colors back in ANH though. They made all the pale blue of the skies deeply saturated blue, and the pale yellows were suddenly heavily saturated.

That palish documentary look made ANH for its realistic look. The new color grading made it look cheap... but yes, in line with the colors of the PT... that were fake because they were made in CG...

coolmovies
Originally posted by InfernoJG95
well im sold i think

really i thought you where not gonna buy them? roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Hehehe...

coolmovies
I wonder if the extres are from the dvd's or brand new stuff never seen before?

queeq
I hope brand new stuff.

~JP~
Originally posted by coolmovies
The 1997 SE was a restored version of the original print plus new effects added.

Which is where they screwed up to begin with in my opinion. Why couldnt he just take the ORIGINAL film and restore it. I dont need all that other crap nor do I want it.

Darth Subjekt
If you go to Amazon, you can pre order it for $89 for the entire 9 discs. I already have. ANd if the price goes down, you'll get that price. I have a 65" that I can't wait to see this on!!

queeq
I'll wait till it comes out.

coolmovies
I think its best to continue this topic over at

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=529451&pagenumber=7#post13169095

Sorry queeq makes life easier

coolmovies
Complete saga

coolmovies
OT

coolmovies
PT

coolmovies
I think its best to continue this topic over at

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13169104#post13169104

Sorry queeq makes life easier

queeq
Oh, you're a mod now? wink

InfernoJG95
well i definatly need a blu ray i think

InfernoJG95
player

queeq
We got it. Well, get one then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.