Marvel vs Disney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Since Disney owns Marvel now, I am surprised we have not yet seen any crossovers similar to the DC vs Warner Bros comics done a while back. The Warner Bros characters pretty much owned DC in those encounters.

I figure Disney characters are OK here, since there is no Disney forum and the Disney characters have a long and continuous comic history (longer than Marvel) going back to the early 30s, with a number of the characters appearing in the comics first. Disney Comics also have a creator of similar status to someone like Lee or Kirby over at Marvel: writer/artist Carl Barks developed Donald Duck and created Scrooge McDuck; Comic's Journal's list of 100 top comics of all time includes a couple of his stories; he is in the Eisner Awards Hall of Fame; and one of his comic scenes inspired one of the most famous scenes of Raiders of the Lost Ark (no, it's not the bit where the Nazis are all violently killed by the Ark). When he died aged 99 his passing was big news in Europe but barely covered in the US.

Also, on thinking about Disney, and after a few beers, I noticed strong resemblances or parallels between some of the Disney and Marvel characters (though the Disney characters long predate most of their Marvel counterparts). So a VS battle seemed in order.

The lineup:

1) Howard the Duck vs Donald Duck
2) Mickey Mouse vs Vermin
3) Bug vs Jiminy Cricket
4) Kingpin's thugs vs the Beagle Boys
5) Sentry (non-void) vs Super Goof (fully powered up)
6) Longshot vs Gladstone Gander
7) Morgan Le Fay vs Magica De Spell
8) Clarabelle Cow vs Hellcow aka Bessie the Vampire Cow
9) Lockjaw vs Pluto
10) Vision vs Pinocchio
11) Peter Pan vs Northstar
12) Chip 'n Dale vs Squirrel Girl

(9-11 are Disney versions of course!)

Let the battles begin.

chomperx9
Originally posted by basilisk
Since Disney owns Marvel now, I am surprised we have not yet seen any crossovers similar to the DC vs Warner Bros comics done a while back. The Warner Bros characters pretty much owned DC in those encounters.

I figure Disney characters are OK here, since there is no Disney forum and the Disney characters have a long and continuous comic history (longer than Marvel) going back to the early 30s, with a number of the characters appearing in the comics first. Disney Comics also have a creator of similar status to someone like Lee or Kirby over at Marvel: writer/artist Carl Barks developed Donald Duck and created Scrooge McDuck; Comic's Journal's list of 100 top comics of all time includes a couple of his stories; he is in the Eisner Awards Hall of Fame; and one of his comic scenes inspired one of the most famous scenes of Raiders of the Lost Ark (no, it's not the bit where the Nazis are all violently killed by the Ark). When he died aged 99 his passing was big news in Europe but barely covered in the US.

Also, on thinking about Disney, and after a few beers, I noticed strong resemblances or parallels between some of the Disney and Marvel characters (though the Disney characters long predate most of their Marvel counterparts). So a VS battle seemed in order.

The lineup:

1) Howard the Duck vs Donald Duck
2) Mickey Mouse vs Vermin
3) Bug vs Jiminy Cricket
4) Kingpin's thugs vs the Beagle Boys
5) Sentry (non-void) vs Super Goof (fully powered up)
6) Longshot vs Gladstone Gander
7) Morgan Le Fay vs Magica De Spell
8) Clarabelle Cow vs Hellcow aka Bessie the Vampire Cow
9) Lockjaw vs Pluto
10) Vision vs Pinocchio
11) Peter Pan vs Northstar
12) Chip 'n Dale vs Squirrel Girl

(9-11 are Disney versions of course!)

Let the battles begin. dont forget Beast vs Beast

SamZED
Shame on you for not inclding Darkwing Duck

Mickey solos.

chomperx9
underdog vs krypto

basilisk
Originally posted by chomperx9
dont forget Beast vs Beast For some reason I actually didn't think of that one. But I was trying to avoid using characters adapted by Disney from other sources - I only included Pinocchio and Peter Pan because those matchups were just too obvious!

rotiart
Anyone else watch the Howard the duck movie?... I vote Donald on that basis alone.

Black bolt z
eek

We have found a match for God!

chomperx9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
eek

We have found a match for God! scroodge Mcduck vs Tony Stark. who has more bank ?

rotiart
scroodge Mcduck vs Tony Stark. who has more bank ?

Mind you this is from wikipedia...:

The sum of Scrooge's wealth is very controversial. According to Barks' The Second Richest Duck as noted by a TIME article, Scrooge is worth one multiplujillion, nine obsquatumatillion, six hundred twenty-three dollars and sixty-two cents. In the DuckTales episode Liquid Assets, Fenton Crackshell (Scrooge's accountant) notes that McDuck's money bin contains 607 tillion 386 zillion 947 trillion 522 billion dollars and 36 cents. Don Rosa's the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck notes that Scrooge amounts to five multiplujillion, nine impossibidillion, seven fantasticatrillion dollars and sixteen cents. In 2007, Forbes listed his wealth at a much more modest $28.8 billion. One website used the size of Scrooge's Money Bin as a basis and calculated that it could contain over $27 trillion. Barks himself has said that the fortune is five billion quintiplitilion unptuplatillion multuplatillion impossibidillion fantasticatrillion dollars. Whatever the amount, Scrooge never considers it enough: he has to continue to earn money by any means possible.

considering stark is a billionaire.. and scrooges lowest estimated value is 28 billion ... yeah...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Shame on you for not inclding Darkwing Duck

Mickey solos.

Mickey sucks.

the ninjak
Originally posted by rotiart
One website used the size of Scrooge's Money Bin as a basis and calculated that it could contain over $27 trillion.

This

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Mickey sucks. I think he literally does. But he has the powah and money to solo...

Lord_Talron
scroodge Mcduck vs Tony Stark. who has more bank ? scrooge is the reason theres such a thing as rare coins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.