Hogwarts vs all WWII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Hogwarts are drafted into the military to fight the Germans and Japanese. The films are: Saving Private Ryan, Stalingrad and Letters from Iwo Jima. Do they survive or do they die? Include the antagonists and protaganists from HP.

Video with great song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha0KulgtlOc

Sadako of Girth
Another brutal raping of the wizards here.

KingD19
They all get sniped

TheAuraAngel
They can't technically kill Valdemort. stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
They win the war for the Allies--quickly--when the Axis surrenders when they realize they're fighting freaking wizards.

dadudemon
One adult wizard of average ability solos the whole thing.

no expression

All he or she has to do is apparate to the leader's locations for the axis powers, death spell them, and apparate back home with a bout 20 seconds having passed.

IMO, this is a spite thread. It's pretty well known that the muggles are helpless against the magical community. This is one of the reasons the ministry of magic has a special connection with every Prime Minister of the UK: to help the "muggle" world rest at ease.

Zampanó
Especially if the Axis doesn't know about the Wizards.

If the Modern world mobilized against the Magical world, I'd bet on us. If they attacked us, we'd have no chance.

dadudemon

Placidity
I get a feeling this fight is pitting all of the Hogwarts students against the Axis, not all the super duper masters.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
I get a feeling this fight is pitting all of the Hogwarts students against the Axis, not all the super duper masters.

Prolly true, but the OP does not specify that.

The 7th years can apparate, as well.

Pwned
Well, just considering the numbers here........

The sheer number of Germans alone, with TANKS, and Japanese, you know, those suicidal guys that would wake you up in the middle of the night and yell TENNOHEIKA, BANZAI!? yeah, they are kinda gonna be doing that..

Also, Kar-98k, mounted 8x scope, easy one shot bullet through the brain

And i dont think they can simply apparate into Berlin to shoot Hitler, or apparate into Tokyo to shoot Tojo, Hirohito, and the entire Japanese military board.........

There are ALOT of guns within 10 feet of those guys, not to mention Hitler having a Walther PPK

Also, taking out the local commander wouldnt work, as all orders came from Berling or Tokyo, respectively, major reason they lost the war

Lord Lucien
I think you just wanted to demonstrate your knowledge of WWII.

There's still nothing there that could counter wizards.

Sadako of Girth
See "Hitler and third reich w/Ark of the covenant vs Hogwarts" thread for the supernaturally armed version. stick out tongue

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by dadudemon
One adult wizard of average ability solos the whole thing.

no expression

All he or she has to do is apparate to the leader's locations for the axis powers, death spell them, and apparate back home with a bout 20 seconds having passed.

IMO, this is a spite thread. It's pretty well known that the muggles are helpless against the magical community. This is one of the reasons the ministry of magic has a special connection with every Prime Minister of the UK: to help the "muggle" world rest at ease. How will they know where exactly the leaders are, down to the room?

Lord Lucien
Simple: they wait 60 years until all the facts about WWII are known, and they use Time Turners to go back to an opportune moment and assassinate all the major players.

Sadako of Girth
Time turners only have 1 day travel or something as an on screen feat.

Pwned
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think you just wanted to demonstrate your knowledge of WWII.
Not really, i was tired, so i decided id throw in alot of stuff just to confuse/help ppl

Dunno if a wizard can stop a tank round or a snipers bullet.........

Sadako of Girth
....not to mention thousands upon thousands of them all flying towards the Wizards from thousands of different directions at the same times.

Lord Lucien
Assuming of course we're placing the wizards on the battlefield, and not using them as covert agents or assassins.

TheAuraAngel
There is still the matter of Voldemort and the not dying.

And they turn all the tanks into ferrets.

Too bad this ain't book Dumbledore. He could go and animate Mt. Rushmore and the Statue of Liberty. Would be awesome to see them running around, crushing all the enemy armies.

Edit: Hmmmm....would the chess board as them using the spell to animate things count? It does prove that the wizarding world is capable of such things.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
....not to mention thousands upon thousands of them all flying towards the Wizards from thousands of different directions at the same times.

I suppose it's a good things the wizards can't fly.....oh.

I don't believe all the Wizards are in one circle and the entire Axis forces will be converging on them with all their pilots. They do have other people to worry about after all.

Sadako of Girth
Assuming of course we're placing the wizards on the battlefield, and not using them as covert agents or assassins.

Thats true... but once identified...

Pwned
Also, its Hogwats, Voldey not included ;-)

and yes, no matter where they are, they are in one massive pocket

And dont forget the F-W, or the Zero, 88mm, AA guns, you know, stuff made to shoot things in the sky?

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Pwned
Also, its Hogwats, Voldey not included ;-)

and yes, no matter where they are, they are in one massive pocket

And dont forget the F-W, or the Zero, 88mm, AA guns, you know, stuff made to shoot things in the sky?

"Include the antagonists and protaganists from HP."

Fun fact, Voldey went to Hogwarts.

And where does it say they are all bunched together?

Creshosk
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
"Include the antagonists and protaganists from HP."

Fun fact, Voldey went to Hogwarts.

And where does it say they are all bunched together? The Harry Potter Haters's desperation I'd imagine.

Sadako of Girth
They dont have to be bunched together.
Just taken out en mass individually once identified.

What are HP feats outside of Hogwarts jurisdiction..?

Not everybody hates HP, you know. Some of us are just tremendously indifferent to the character/saga...perhaps a difficult concept for Potter lovers to envisage...

TheAuraAngel
Harry could just order Kreacher to go fetch Hitler and Tojo for him.

/thread.

Sadako of Girth
Not if hes nuked, he wont.

The Enola Gay will end the thread from a safe blast distance away.

TheAuraAngel

The Germans and Japanese have a nuke?

Creshosk
The Germans and Japanese have a nuke? This is why I don't buy the "We don't hate it we're indifferent!" That and the "You vs Harry Potter thread."

Do people honestly think they have a chance against someone who can disarm you with a word and a wave of his hand? That can knock you down just as easily?

I'm curious as to how the germans and Japanese will be able to find the wizards in the first place.

Not to mention the Enola Gay was a US bomber. The Opponents are only the German and Japanese.

Indifferent my arse.

TheAuraAngel
That thread is awesome. Especially if you don't care for Harry Potter(as a character.)

But yeah, not a whole lot of indifference here. And quite a few seem to be confused on what was said in the OP.

Lord Lucien
I very much disliked the Potter films, but regardless, the wizards will win this.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Creshosk
This is why I don't buy the "We don't hate it we're indifferent!" That and the "You vs Harry Potter thread."

Do people honestly think they have a chance against someone who can disarm you with a word and a wave of his hand? That can knock you down just as easily?

I'm curious as to how the germans and Japanese will be able to find the wizards in the first place.

Not to mention the Enola Gay was a US bomber. The Opponents are only the German and Japanese.

Indifferent my arse.

Lots of people all attacking together would.
Wizards're human despite the demigod like status that one or two have tried to atribute to them here in MVF. If they get blown up, they get blown up.

'Indifferent my arse', my arse.
Check the title of the thread. All WW2.
Now thats fine if you wanna bring up the opening post.
But you can im sure how misleading the title is.

The 'You vs Harry Potter' thread thing was fun. You being new here probably arent up to date with how things have been.
Frankly, after the last year or two of the MVF being stuffed with ridiculous logicless wizard trolling, it has been a good release/laugh.

TheAuraAngel
Be that as it may, the OP says more than the title. And regardless of the feelings towards HP fans, the truth is the truth. They stomp the axis forces, hard.

Pwned
And where does it say they are all bunched together? Not together, but they jsut so happen to be in Axis territory for them to fight........

and therefore, a giant pocket, any way they go, they travel thru Axis territory

and guys, sometimes quantity DOES beat quality, this is a case, there are prolly around 30 million+ ppl for the Axis, and what, 100 wizards that can actually do something?

TheAuraAngel
Not together, but they jsut so happen to be in Axis territory for them to fight........

and therefore, a giant pocket, any way they go, they travel thru Axis territory

and guys, sometimes quantity DOES beat quality, this is a case, there are prolly around 30 million+ ppl for the Axis, and what, 100 wizards that can actually do something?

I suppose it's a good thing wizards can't become invisible....wait.

Pwned
they have to eat sometime you know

and drink

and perform *certain* bodily functions

and none of them have the slightest wilderness survival skills ive seen, without using magic that just so happens to make lights, wherefore planes in the air could see, and dont forget that the entire civilian populace would try to kill them as well, due to the Hitler brainwashing and the Japanese Bushido demanding they die

not sure if the civvies are included since its Europe, and they live there, but they would tip scales like mad

Also, bombers. they can bomb the wizards as well, they also have artillery you know

TheAuraAngel
they have to eat sometime you know

and drink

and perform *certain* bodily functions

and none of them have the slightest wilderness survival skills ive seen, without using magic that just so happens to make lights, wherefore planes in the air could see, and dont forget that the entire civilian populace would try to kill them as well, due to the Hitler brainwashing and the Japanese Bushido demanding they die

not sure if the civvies are included since its Europe, and they live there, but they would tip scales like mad

Also, bombers. they can bomb the wizards as well, they also have artillery you know

You've not seen the latest movie have ya?

Harry orders Kreacher and Dobby to fetch Hitler and Tojo. Take their hair, use Polyjuice potion to turn into them, and then apparate to Germany and Japan to order a ceasefire via imperius curse.

It is that simple.

There are actually simpler methods but whatever.

Creshosk
Seeing as how the actual allied forces were not auto-killed (And neither were the movie counterparts) there's no reason to believe that the wizards will be auto-killed either.

marwash22
Voldy solos.

ares834

Wingardium Leviosa!

Lord Lucien
If magical beings who can conjure matter, teleport, and manipulate the physical universe can be picked off as easily as "Hur hur, drop bombs on them--WIN!" then how the hell did the Axis lose against regular humans?

Wizards stomp. They're not some mobilized tank division, infantry battalion or a city. They're individuals who can literally vanish in an instant and practically hoodwink the entire muggle world in to making them think they don't even exist. What's an artillery spotter gonna do?

Rogue Jedi
Wow, dude.........WOW.......

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Wow, dude.........WOW....... Well that's, like, your opinion, man. I think you're all just jealous and shit, 'cause I'm like, the lead singer of a band dude.

dadudemon
This is why I don't buy the "We don't hate it we're indifferent!" That and the "You vs Harry Potter thread."

Indifferent my arse.

We need a "like" button on KMC. hmm

Anyway, yeah. My post was ignored before others started posting things that would definitely not happen.

Any muggles (this does not include people like super heroes, uber force users, and so forth. I don't consider those types to be strictly muggles) short of futuristic magic detecting muggles, will always lose against just a handful of adult HP wizards, always. There is no exception.

Rogue Jedi
Well that's, like, your opinion, man. I think you're all just jealous and shit, 'cause I'm like, the lead singer of a band dude. ..................I'm sorry, I wasn't listening..............

Impediment
How surprising.

Rogue Jedi
If magical beings who can conjure matter, teleport, and manipulate the physical universe can be picked off as easily as "Hur hur, drop bombs on them--WIN!" then how the hell did the Axis lose against regular humans?

crylaugh

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by ares834
Wingardium Leviosa!

Except for if the strike is made on a cloudy day, where the wizards have no warning or line of sight to the plane nor bomb, or the wizard is simply distracted at the time.

Sadako of Girth
Or if the wizard is in a building at the time. smile

Rogue Jedi
Seems to me that Voldy and the death eaters need only half apparate and bomb from up high with fiendfyre until the job is done. The rest of the wizards can simply remain safe at Hogwarts. The shield charm will protect them from any attack thrown at them. Repello Muggletum will keep them safe too.

Why is this even being discussed?

Sadako of Girth
Well its shits and giggles thread clearly.
Also probably 'cause the sorts of explosive volleys coming in off of those naval destroyers, V2s, bombs etc etc, are fierce. And the maximum shown feat of Potter wizards shields is way below that level.

If the Hogawarts lot gather back at the castle, then they are one managable target for the attacks.

Nephthys
Well that's, like, your opinion, man. I think you're all just jealous and shit, 'cause I'm like, the lead singer of a band dude.

Shhhhh, Blax is afraid of opinions. You'll scare him off dude!

Sadako of Girth
Can they repell the zeros and Stukas/messerschmitts on their flying asses..?

Rogue Jedi
Well its shits and giggles thread clearly.
Also probably 'cause the sorts of explosive volleys coming in off of those naval destroyers, V2s, bombs etc etc, are fierce. And the maximum shown feat of Potter wizards shields is way below that level.

If the Hogawarts lot gather back at the castle, then they are one managable target for the attacks. See, that's the beauty of it, the humans won't know where to shoot. And the shields will hold.

Arresto Momentum will slow/stop any bombardment enough so that it is a standstill. At that point, target practice.

And they still have to contend with half apparating wizards (invincible to any attack thrown at them) and dementors.

Sadako of Girth
And how many objects does Arresto Momentum simultaneously deal with onscreen, and for how long?

Side note:

Wouldn't it have been as/more interesting to have pitted the Wizards against the Allies and their forces, to see if the losers of WW2 would win this time....?

Rogue Jedi
One. Immobulus, however, froze like 30ish.

Even if the bombardment gets through (lol @ the humans even knowing where to shoot, how do they contend with half apparating wizards (invincible to any attack thrown at them) and dementors?

Sadako of Girth
Well that doesnt sound too effective in stopping millions of bits of metal being stormed in on them simultaneously once there location is radioed throughout the destroyer fleet once seen.

And the wizards wont be aware of the comms/strike til its too late.

Rogue Jedi
This, DDM nailed it:

Originally posted by dadudemon
Indeed, we'd have no chance.

Also, even if we tried to mount a surprise attack against the magical peeps, we'd lose horribly and even fail the "surprise" attack route: the wizarding community has these silly things called prophecies and they have a HUGE hall dedicated to capturing and reviewing these prophecies.

Additionally, the Wizards have spells that make attacking them impossible: invisible charm, anti-muggle charm, shield charms, anti-tech charms, etc. We'd fail, horribly, to attack them as a handful of average wizards could kill almost all of the world's leaders in less than five minutes.

Then there's the Death Eaters that have a "smoke" form that makes harming them impossible unless you're a wizard.

And then there's the problem of the Wizards being able to parade about as the world leaders (a la Mystique from X-2 and 3). They do this with polyjuice potion.

And then there's the problem of the Dementors: no way for a muggle to kill them and no defense for a muggle against them. The dementors would love nothing more than to have free reign on all of the muggles but the wizarding community keeps them in check.

Sadako of Girth
I have no particular problem with a wizard win here, as long as it can be shown that all his powers actually work outside the realm of Hogwarts just as they do IN hogwarts.

Smoke can be blasted apart.

Dementors might sound like they'd PWN since nukes sound out of the question in this scenario.

Rogue Jedi
I have no particular problem with a wizard win here, as long as it can be shown that all his powers actually work outside the realm of Hogwarts just as they do IN hogwarts.

Smoke can be blasted apart.

Dementors might sound like they'd PWN since nukes sound out of the question in this scenario.

His.....Who? Wizard powers work the same all over the world.

If an explosive round happens to hit where a half apparating wizard is flying, it'll go right through them, and they won't be harmed.

How many nukes were around in WWII, and who had them? I suck at history haermm

Sadako of Girth
He = Any given wizard. Okay fair enough then, if shown that way on screen.

If his half apparating, won't he just get half-fu*ked up? smile

It was the Allies. They had the nukes.

So if Harry and friends cant get a win, with anonymity, spread out postioning, the winning side in the war in their favour (AND NUKES) against the losers of WW2...then when would they ever...?

smile

Rogue Jedi
He = Any given wizard. Okay fair enough then, if shown that way on screen.

If his half apparating, won't he just get half-fu*ked up? smile

It was the Allies. They had the nukes.

So if Harry and friends cant get a win, with anonymity, spread out postioning, the winning side in the war in their favour (AND NUKES) against the losers of WW2...then when would they ever...?

smile [/QUOTE

If anything, the more impressive feats were outside Hogwarts.

No, the shell will pass right through them. Besides, they can go invisible.

How many? Ish?

A win is not in question, the wizards win here, quite handily. Question is how. There are many ways.

TheAuraAngel
"Kreacher, bring me Hitler and Tojo."

/thread.

no expression

Sadako of Girth
But then, wouldnt other high ranking Nazis replace Hitler?

TheAuraAngel
*uses Imperious curse on Hitler and Tojo to control them*

"Kreacher, them back where you found them."

/thread.

no expression

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Good one.

Rogue Jedi
But then, wouldnt other high ranking Nazis replace Hitler? Not if the wizards make polyjuice potion out of Hitlers hair and.....well, yeah.

Sadako of Girth
And how are they gonna get it..? Or even know where he is?

TheAuraAngel
And how are they gonna get it..? Or even know where he is?

In the Deathly Hallows part 1, Harry ordered Kreacher to find some guy and he did. There isn't any reason why he couldn't do the same here.

Using the Imperious curse to control the opposition and make them call for a ceasefire soundly ends this thread.

Pwned
There were around 3 total in 1945, all owned by the US.
One was a testing bomb, the other 2 were dropped, however more were being made. Germany also had remarkable advances in that field, and were expected to have one by the end of '45 i think.
The Japanese had biochemical weapons, however, by then end of '45, and i would like to see the wizards fight one of THOSE XD

anyways, im think a thread where there are NO dementors or half apparating would be a good thread so some of this crap can stop with "half apparating = WINWINWIN"

Sadako of Girth
As a sidenote: how is Harry even in this? Its the forties...right?

Wont it be forties wizards?

TheAuraAngel
As a sidenote: how is Harry even in this? Its the forties...right?

Wont it be forties wizards?

Nope.

Sadako of Girth
EDIT: Quite right. Just saw the protagonists/antagonists line in the OP..

TheAuraAngel
EDIT: Quite right. Just saw the protagonists/antagonists line in the OP..

Yeah. Thankfully. We haven't seen many of the forties wizards in the movies. haermm

dadudemon
laughing out loud Good one.

laughing

Yeah, it was.

aanyways, im think a thread where there are NO dementors or half apparating would be a good thread so some of this crap can stop with "half apparating = WINWINWIN"

How about my idea:

No more HP threads, period? I like that one, more. smile

Rogue Jedi
And how are they gonna get it..? Or even know where he is? How're the Nazis gonna know where the wizards are? You seem to think they'll have no trouble locating the wizards.

Sadako of Girth
When theyre sighted, the sightings are radioed through.

How did German Intelligence know ANYTHING...? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
And they can apparate from Indonesia to Canada, then to Germany.

Funny statement about German intelligence.

Sadako of Girth
Has that range been seen onscreen then?

Whats funny about it...?
Hitler was obsessed by the occult. So he probably knows where Hogwarts is.

Rogue Jedi
They were apparating all over the place, hundreds of miles at a time.

No, about German intelligence in general. An no, Hitler doesn't know where Hogwarts is.

Sadako of Girth
Distance measured onsceen?

What makes you say that...?

Rogue Jedi
Hundreds of miles? It's not like they had odometers.

Think about it.

Sadako of Girth
Ok, simpler, then: Where was location A, where was Location B...?

Rogue Jedi
My house, your house.

Pwned
Oh, and RJ, your talking thousand of miles, not hundreds

And the UK isnt even 300 miles long, is it? Cuz thats where the entire film takes place, so for all we know, they cant apparate more than a hundred per jump

Anyways, your talking about impersonating Hitler. They look like him, they talk like him, but they dont ACT like him. And when you have the generals Hitler did, your talking itll take a month at the most, and thats not enough to kill them all, considering how they would eventually be radioed a command that wizards are performing a decapitation attack, and therefore field commanders should take command of their units

Also, Staufenberg plot =-p

Might get the wizard impersonating him, cuz considering how he would be in a meeting, and he might just so happen to stand in a different place than Hitler did, there are many variables, but the only reason it didnt work is because of a table. If Hitler had been ANYWHERE else, it would have killed him. If the wizard doesnt show, its rescheduled.

Pwned

And the UK isnt even 300 miles long, is it? Cuz thats where the entire film takes place, so for all we know, they cant apparate more than a hundred per jump

Anyways, your talking about impersonating Hitler. They look like him, they talk like him, but they dont ACT like him. And when you have the generals Hitler did, your talking itll take a month at the most, and thats not enough to kill them all, considering how they would eventually be radioed a command that wizards are performing a decapitation attack, and therefore field commanders should take command of their units

Might get the wizard impersonating him, cuz considering how he would be in a meeting, and he might just so happen to stand in a different place than Hitler did, there are many variables, but the only reason it didnt work is because of a table. If Hitler had been ANYWHERE else, it would have killed him. If the wizard doesnt show, its rescheduled. yeah i know it rambles and prolly isnt that good of an argumen, but its valid in the fact that it would happen

the plot itself, not so much the killing the wizard, that part is iffy

Rogue Jedi

Might get the wizard impersonating him, cuz considering how he would be in a meeting, and he might just so happen to stand in a different place than Hitler did, there are many variables, but the only reason it didnt work is because of a table. If Hitler had been ANYWHERE else, it would have killed him. If the wizard doesnt show, its rescheduled. So if Hitler suddenly started acting a bit different, you think he would be ousted from power?

Creshosk

Might get the wizard impersonating him, cuz considering how he would be in a meeting, and he might just so happen to stand in a different place than Hitler did, there are many variables, but the only reason it didnt work is because of a table. If Hitler had been ANYWHERE else, it would have killed him. If the wizard doesnt show, its rescheduled. Seriously? Because he was standing in a different place?

And if the higher ups were so good that explains felix steiner doesn't it?

Creshosk
So if Hitler suddenly started acting a bit different, you think he would be ousted from power? Heh April 22nd, 1945

Pwned
I mean like, its-not-really-Hitler different, not insane with paranoia

Also, i honestly havnt heard of Felix Steiner, or i have but i forgot him XD

Creshosk
I mean like, its-not-really-Hitler different, not insane with paranoia

Also, i honestly havnt heard of Felix Steiner, or i have but i forgot him XD Armeeabteilung Steiner. An offensive that was never launched. Made hitler say that the war was lost and that he was going to shoot himself.

That behavior is certainly different, no?

Lord Lucien
The only way for a Muggle win to be conceivable would be to extremely handicap the wizard side. You'd have to take away apparating, Hogwart's defenses, the Dementors, House Elves, the Imperius curse, and put a limit on the upper-tier charms and curses (like, only three per hour).

Then Muggles would stand a chance. Kind of.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Damn.

Sadako of Girth
The allied Muggles would stand a better chance than the losers of WW2 ass muggles that Potter's mates face here..

Rogue Jedi
Nope. Invisible half apparating Death Eaters and OOTP members solo. Invincible to harm, death from above!!!

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/Deathfromabove.jpg

Sadako of Girth
How odd that you dont like it then when wizards're getting orbital strikes up their collective ass... smile

Holy double standardry, Batman!

Rogue Jedi
Sure it is.

Pwned
Armeeabteilung Steiner. An offensive that was never launched. Made hitler say that the war was lost and that he was going to shoot himself.

That behavior is certainly different, no? what year? around '43 i think the top generals realized he was insane but preferred to live, in case they won XD

and then again, there WERE the fanatics who thought he was infallible..

I guess it comes down to who exactly your referring to

Lord Lucien
what year? around '43 i think the top generals realized he was insane but preferred to live, in case they won XD

and then again, there WERE the fanatics who thought he was infallible..

I guess it comes down to who exactly your referring to Steiner was an SS officer. During the Battle of Berlin Hitler ordered an offensive against the Soviets, but Steiner wasn't able to comply, prompting Hitler to declare the war was lost.

Pwned
Ahh, ok thnx for clearing that for me

Ive always been more of a Pacific war kinda guy, however my resources on it are majorly limited, so i dont have access to books that mention smaller ppls names and such

Rogue Jedi
How odd that you dont like it then when wizards're getting orbital strikes up their collective ass... smile

Holy double standardry, Batman!

See, there's a difference. The wizards actually take flight themselves. They do not rely on machinery.

Sadako of Girth
The use broomsticks, right...? The use wands?
They use doors, right, they are a basic technological response to compartmentalising a structure on a basis of being able to "Seal" a wall or have the entrance/exit unsealed allowing movement between two rooms..

Plus SW vehicles only transport the physical level reflection of the Jedi's true state. Luminous beings, dude.

Harry rode on a train in the 1st movie, did he not?

Lord Lucien
Due to the law forbidding underage wizards access to non-standard magical equipment and techniques, such as apparition. Remember the shit Arthur Weasley went through when the Ministry realized what he did to that car? Just because they're not allowed to do it, doesn't mean they can't. Any 17 year old+ can apparate, use brooms, and magic in general. In an all-out total war against the Axis, limitations turned off, the wizards are unbeatable.

Nephthys
Although they can't actually apparate in the Hogwarts grounds.

TheAuraAngel
Not to mention, Apparation is freaking dangerous gais. People lose limbs and shit if they're not careful.

Watching little 11 year old Ron lose his head trying to apparate would be funny though.

Rogue Jedi
The use broomsticks, right...? The use wands?
They use doors, right, they are a basic technological response to compartmentalising a structure on a basis of being able to "Seal" a wall or have the entrance/exit unsealed allowing movement between two rooms..

Plus SW vehicles only transport the physical level reflection of the Jedi's true state. Luminous beings, dude.

Harry rode on a train in the 1st movie, did he not?

They apparate, dude. The machinery I referred to are the bombers and planes the Nazis had.

WTF does SW have to do with this?

Pwned
Hmm, well, seeing as how if there was a huge army inside them that STUCK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB, they might keep a bomber or 2 in the air at all times as part of regular (preordained) patrols. Simple. Strafe and bomb.

Oh, and find the wizard camp. Bring a launcher to somewhere within range
V-2 wtf pwnage.

Sadako of Girth
RJ It was cause I remarked upon your double standard regarding orbital strikes in your gleeful "Death from above" posture.

And youve not taken it onboard and let it go.

Well its obvious that I thought you were carrying on your butthurt on Star Destroyers. An easy mistake I made....lets move on then.

So...back to bombers/fighters etc

Sadako of Girth
Hmm, well, seeing as how if there was a huge army inside them that STUCK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB, they might keep a bomber or 2 in the air at all times as part of regular (preordained) patrols. Simple. Strafe and bomb.

Oh, and find the wizard camp. Bring a launcher to somewhere within range
V-2 wtf pwnage.

yes

Rogue Jedi
RJ It was cause I remarked upon your double standard regarding orbital strikes in your gleeful "Death from above" posture.

And youve not taken it onboard and let it go.

Well its obvious that I thought you were carrying on your butthurt on Star Destroyers. An easy mistake I made....lets move on then.

So...back to bombers/fighters etc

My point was that the wizards can fly, they can actually take flight themselves and bomb from above. That they do not rely on machinery such as bombers, Bombers from WWII.

Two simple solutions: Evanesco. Vanishing spells.

Sadako of Girth
Microwave and sound weapons the Germans and Japanese had might take care of those flying Wizards.

Sadako of Girth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_WW_2_Sonic_Cannon

If Harry and his mates get some of THAT up their asses at Hogwarts, they will be f**ked forever.

TheAuraAngel
"Kreacher, go fetch me Hitler and Tojo."

/thread.

Sadako of Girth
They probably wont know where Hitler is. smile

TheAuraAngel
They probably wont know where Hitler is. smile

You underestimate Owl spies. shifty

That and apparently Kreacher can find people anyway. Not even kidding.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Are they owls with top secret clearance to enter Hitler's underground or maybe underwater secret lair?

TheAuraAngel
Are they owls with top secret clearance to enter Hitler's underground or maybe underwater secret lair? stick out tongue

They can go anywhere.

Other option: Voldemort and the Basilisk travel underground with troops of Death Eaters backing them up. Dumblerdore and Fawkes lead arial forces and destroy the enemy fighter plances. Snape and Moody lead ground level troops.

Sadako of Girth
But wheres the 'anywhere' in this case?

They wont know where to look.

Rogue Jedi
And the Nazi's will know where to look for the wizards? haermm

TheAuraAngel
But wheres the 'anywhere' in this case?

They wont know where to look.

It's anywhere.

I assume they'll try and take Berlin, it being the capitol and all. After that they proceed to take Japan's most important cities.

Now I'm arguing like it's an actual war.

Rogue Jedi
I imagine the wizards would focus on taking out the Nazi Navy and air force at first. Airfields too.

TheAuraAngel
I imagine the wizards would focus on taking out the Nazi Navy and air force at first. Airfields too.

Stealth is a much better option. And more practical, what with invisibility cloaks and all.

And I can't actually think of much they could do underwater that would affect U-boats(they wouldn't need to even fight them.)

The ships are a different story but then again why bother win a stealthy air attack is far more beneficial. Push come to shove, they'd just take down the ship via surprise attack.

Dragons would be cool to bring into this.

Robtard

Don't think there's enough wizards here to take on a country, let alone a country that was a serious military strength in the 30-40's.

Messerschidt BF109 > Wizard on a broom. 250mph + machine-gun range

Rogue Jedi
Dragons is pushing it. Someone stated earlier that we water down the wizards to about 5% strength, this is the only way the Nazis have a chance.

Robtard
Dragons is pushing it. Someone stated earlier that we water down the wizards to about 5% strength, this is the only way the Nazis have a chance.

V-2 Rockets > Dragon

Seriously, you think all the wizards in HP could take down the Nazi Germany war machine? Really?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
V-2 Rockets > Dragon

Seriously, you think all the wizards in HP could take down the Nazi Germany war machine? Really?

Transfiguration/Evanseco>>>>>V-2 rockets.

Easily.

Robtard
Transfiguration/Evanseco>>>>>V-2 rockets.

Easily.

I think you're under the impression that these rockets would be traveling at a leisurely 55mph and that they can only be launched one at a time. No and no.

You've seriously gone insane over HP, dude.

Rogue Jedi
I think you're under the impression that these rockets would be traveling at a leisurely 55mph and that they can only be launched one at a time. No and no.

You've seriously gone insane over HP, dude.

They take the rockets while they are on the ground, dude. Protego protects against the others.

Really? Read the thread. Half apparating death eaters, impossible for the Nazis to harm.

/thread.

Robtard
They take the rockets while they are on the ground, dude. Protego protects against the others.

Really? Read the thread. Half apparating death eaters, impossible for the Nazis to harm.

/thread.

V-2 travels at something around Mach 5, they won't see them let alone have time to raise a shield. Then there's carpet bombings, napalm drops big enough to consume half a city etc. Protego = fail.

Germans employed various forms of poison gases, Deatheaters still need to breath, sure many a Nazi will die, but again it's a matter of numbers, dude; the wizards don't have it.

Rogue Jedi
V-2 travels at something around Mach 5, they won't see them let alone have time to raise a shield. The shields are already in place. Also, the Nazi's will have no clue where to aim them, durh.

Really? One fiendfyre is gonna consume thousands of Nazis.

And if the wizards **** up, time turners. And felix, that bastard.

Robtard
The shields are already in place. Also, the Nazi's will have no clue where to aim them, durh.

Really? One fiendfyre is gonna consume thousands of Nazis.

And if the wizards **** up, time turners. And felix, that bastard.

Ah, so they wizards get prep? They do need it. Don't really have to aim mass carpet bombings or napalm strikes, just the general area will suffice. Conclusion, wizards choke and cook to death behind their prepped shields.

As I said, many a Nazi will die, but they have the numbers to lose 20,000 to 1 wizard and still come out on top.

There's a reason why Hogwarts hides from the world, because the world could destroy it. J.K. Rowling agrees.

Rogue Jedi

There's a reason why Hogwarts hides from the world, because the world could destroy it. J.K. Rowling agrees.

crylaugh

Robtard
Nice of you to ignore my points. Cool.

Rogue Jedi
No, just loling at you implying the muggles of the world would win.

What points? The wizards getting prep? Casting a shield aint prep. As for the rest, apparition.

Robtard
When I said "the world" I didn't mean the GM that runs your hotel or the maid that cleans the room, "world" meant governments/military, ie the US, UK, Russia, China, India etc. Though take all the gun-owners in Texas; that would probably be enough too.

So they're casting a shield and then teleporting when the shield tactics fails. No, they'd be dying or dead already, at least most of them.

Sadako of Girth
And the Nazi's will know where to look for the wizards? haermm

Sightings radioed in. German intelligence is everywhere.

Rogue Jedi
When I said "the world" I didn't mean the GM that runs your hotel or the maid that cleans the room, "world" meant governments/military, ie the US, UK, Russia, China, India etc. Though take all the gun-owners in Texas; that would probably be enough too.

So they're casting a shield and then teleporting when the shield tactics fails. No, they'd be dying or dead already, at least most of them. I see. And when the wizards decide to cast fiendfyre up and down the coast and order it to consume anyone and everything it can?

Thought so.

Robtard
I see. And when the wizards decide to cast fiendfyre up and down the coast and order it to consume anyone and everything it can?

Thought so.

I think you WAY over estimate fiendfyre and greatly underestimate bombings from above.

Rogue Jedi
I think you WAY over estimate fiendfyre and greatly underestimate bombings from above. Mhm, and you definitely have no idea what Fiendfyre is or what it can do.

Robtard
Mhm, and you definitely have no idea what Fiendfyre is or what it can do.

I've watched the film(s), so I do.

Rogue Jedi
I've watched the film(s), so I do. So if every capable wizard is casting it all around a country, ordering it to kill everyone and consume everything, it won't stop until the job is done.

The wizards can do this then sit back and read as the world burns.

Creshosk
The Nazi's lost to regular non-magical folk. People are delusional if they think that they stand a chance against magical folk.

Sadako of Girth
The magical folk are farrrrr fewer.

Hence its not as delusional at it might seem on the can.

Robtard
The Nazi's lost to regular non-magical folk. People are delusional if they think that they stand a chance against magical folk.

I think it's safe to say there were more than a hundred or so allies that took down the Nazi war-machine.

Edit: Or Sadako's response above.

Creshosk
Which means they'd be harder to find. I love all the auto targeting of the wizards that the haters assume to happen.

If bolts of smoke go flying into an area shooting green lightning that kills people, you really think the Nazi's would be able to do a damned thing about it?

"Throw a bomb at it!"

And hit your own men? That's good for morale. But that doesn't mean you did a thing to the smoke bolts.

Perhaps rather than claiming to have seen the movies, actually watching them is in order? And no, using information easily gleaned from the internet is no proof that you've actually borthered to watch something that clearly has the accused animosity toward it.

Lord Lucien
V-2 Rockets > Dragon Whaa? Maybe my history's off, but I recall the V-2 program being very unlike guided missiles. They employed free fall and timed shutdown of the engine, not a targeting computer. They were designed for bombing the crap out of cities (in a very sporadic fashion), not for intercepting aircraft.

I think you WAY over estimate fiendfyre and greatly underestimate bombings from above. I think you way overestimate bombings. The most the Luftwaffe can do is bomb an approximate area. The pilots literally cannot see Hogwarts. And that's assuming they even know it exists or have even a general idea of where it might be.

Also, while wizards on brooms taking on Messerschmitts is a silly notion, wizards riding around on brooms to scope out all of Germany is not. The wizarding world can easily turn their members invisible, and Goering's dismissal of radar as a waste of time ensures they won't be spotted by technology. Technology that can be easily befuddled by charms anyway.

Also, has anyone mentioned the ghosts yet? Think of everything they can do and what can't be done to them.

TheAuraAngel
Ghosts could make very good spies....though I thought they were trapped in Hogwarts?

Lord Lucien
Ghosts could make very good spies....though I thought they were trapped in Hogwarts? Some are emotionally bound to their place of death, like Myrtle to the bathroom. Though she can move around if she wants to. Chamber of Secrets showed us the Headless Hunt arriving at Hogwarts from who-knows-where.

Robtard

Perhaps rather than claiming to have seen the movies, actually watching them is in order? And no, using information easily gleaned from the internet is no proof that you've actually borthered to watch something that clearly has the accused animosity toward it.

I couldn't care less if you believe me or not and I couldn't care less if you think I "hate" Harry Potter and this is why I think some wizards couldn't take on the Third Reich. Maybe you hate this film or that, but I don't bother attributing hatred to a fictional story, so don't put your nonsense on me.

TheAuraAngel
Hatred is too strong a word. Annoyance is far better suited.

I.e "I'm annoyed at the Harry Potter movies for being overly wanked."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>