This Quote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG
Does it make sense to you?

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People" ~ Mrs Roosevelt Eleneaor.

Dave_97
Originally posted by GCG

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People" ~ Mrs Roosevelt Eleneaor. Simple Minds Discuss Not Forgetting About Me.

Don't don't don't don't, don't you, forget about me.

GCG
Originally posted by Dave_97
Simple Minds Discuss Not Forgetting About Me.

Don't don't don't don't, don't you, forget about me.

The best part was when you said 'don't'.

Can you see the paradox in that quote?

Dave_97
oh i agree eh, it was good.

wow, saying that aloud i feel so canadian.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People" ~ Mrs Roosevelt Eleneaor.

Scored an own goal there, Mrs R

GCG
Originally posted by Bardock42
Scored an own goal there, Mrs R

I cannot seem to find anywhere on the net a form of argument that supports my thought of making a paradox out of this.
I know it's a saying that she's made and it specifically says minds, but why would she say that if she was not thinking about people's minds' and if she did it makes her a hypocrite.

It's quite obvious that some police detectives and psychologists are not small minds and she was an advocate by profession, so why would she score such and own goal?

Bardock42
Well, it's not a paradox, at most if what she says is true, she herself falls in the lower category, however the distinctions obviously aren't so clear cut. I can follow her point though as she likely has specific behavior in mind or perhaps it is about what one chooses to think about in their leisure time.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by GCG

i get it haermm
sneaky sneaky Mrs. R sly

Slay
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, it's not a paradox, at most if what she says is true, she herself falls in the lower category, however the distinctions obviously aren't so clear cut. I can follow her point though as she likely has specific behavior in mind or perhaps it is about what one chooses to think about in their leisure time.
She does have somewhat of a point, though she did express it with a lack of nuance. Probably because she wanted it to be a one-liner.

mikeydude
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.