Superman 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
smokin' After seeing the third last week,it was hard to imagine this franchise getting much worse,damn was I wrong erm This is about as lame as it gets,what a disappointing way to end a franchise,It really did just feel like a cheap cash in,despite still having Christopher Reeves playing Superman.There was just no point really to this movie at all. 2.5/10

Sadako of Girth
Hellish. Absolutely hellish.

My mood was great until I read this and was reminded of the horror.
Now I just dont know what to do... sad

siriuswriter
reaaaaaallllly.

-10/10

BruceSkywalker
this was the absolute worst in the series..

Mr Parker
Originally posted by K.Diddy
smokin' After seeing the third last week,it was hard to imagine this franchise getting much worse,damn was I wrong erm This is about as lame as it gets,what a disappointing way to end a franchise,It really did just feel like a cheap cash in,despite still having Christopher Reeves playing Superman.There was just no point really to this movie at all. 2.5/10

i tried to tell you that.everybody knows its horrible and even worse than superman 3.3 is okay,it has a few good moments in it and it was interesting seeing him go back to his hometown smallville and seeing his old crush from high school Lana Lang and things,but there is totally nothing at all likeable about superman 4 as you just now found out.well you got to learn sometime i guess.i just cant believe your just NOW finding out about these two films though. laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud eek!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this was the absolute worst in the series..

amen to that.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
i tried to tell you that.everybody knows its horrible and even worse than superman 3.3 is okay,it has a few good moments in it and it was interesting seeing him go back to his hometown smallville and seeing his old crush from high school Lana Lang and things,but there is totally nothing at all likeable about superman 4 as you just now found out.well you got to learn sometime i guess.i just cant believe your just NOW finding out about these two films though. laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud eek!

erm I've known about these 2 sequels for years but just never seen them,while I've been on holidays I've just been trying to pretty much watch as many movies as I can
no expression Did anyone notice that a human female managed to breathe in space in this movie?

Ridley_Prime
Sadly, I did notice. lol The nostalgic critic review basically sums it all up perfectly. laughing out loud A shame this had to be the last movie of Reeves's Superman career. Should've stopped for awhile after the 3rd or 2nd one.

steverules_2
I wonder if anyone even proof read the script

K.Diddy
Originally posted by steverules_2
I wonder if anyone even proof read the script

laughing out loud Going by letting humans breathe in space with no explanation whatsoever I doubt it.

Mr. Rhythmic
I never saw the entire movie. I love watching bad movies, but I sort of fear this one...

Robtard
Originally posted by K.Diddy
laughing out loud Going by letting humans breathe in space with no explanation whatsoever I doubt it.

Has anyone ever tried breathing in space? Who knows, maybe it's all good.

Impediment
I loathe the third and fourth Superman films. Even Richard Pryor couldn't save 3, and Nuclear Man was just an atrocious choice for 4.

The entire Superman film franchise is just too subpar. As good as the first two films are, they just don't do justice to the extensive rogue gallery that Superman has.

Even the plot of Superman Returns was just another rehash of the real estate scheme from the first film.

If Zack Snyder is truly going to direct the next Superman film, slow motion and all, I really hope to see a villain other than Luthor. Darkseid, Despero, Doomsday, Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Lobo. Hell, even Starro would be a better villain pick than Luthor.

Robtard
Agreed, Superman is only as good as his villain(s). While Luther is great, it's been done and re-done.

Lobo would be a fail though, imo.

Darksied wouldn't do well over one film.

Ridley_Prime
And why would that be?

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed, Superman is only as good as his villain(s). While Luther is great, it's been done and re-done.

Lobo would be a fail though, imo.

Darksied wouldn't do well over one film.

Superman's arch nemesis is not a black soul singer. Lex LUTHOR is a bald, white, megalomaniacal billionaire.

Cretin.

Nephthys
Darksied would look kinda silly in a live-action movie imo.

They should do Superboy-Prime. yes

Ridley_Prime
Depends on how well they make him look through CGI and stuff, but having SBP over Darkseid? Hell to the no.

Impediment
I want to see Metallo or Brainiac. Those two villains seem the most plausible for a single film.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Impediment
I loathe the third and fourth Superman films. Even Richard Pryor couldn't save 3, and Nuclear Man was just an atrocious choice for 4.

The entire Superman film franchise is just too subpar. As good as the first two films are, they just don't do justice to the extensive rogue gallery that Superman has.

Even the plot of Superman Returns was just another rehash of the real estate scheme from the first film.

If Zack Snyder is truly going to direct the next Superman film, slow motion and all, I really hope to see a villain other than Luthor. Darkseid, Despero, Doomsday, Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Lobo. Hell, even Starro would be a better villain pick than Luthor.

smokin' Completely Agree,Luthor has been used way too many times,that by the time Superman Returns came out we had all seen it before,I think it would of been a lot more successful if they had of introduced a new villain,The audience is tired of Luthor

Robtard
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And why would that be?

Lobo is a ridiculous character, a space-biker with the attitude of a soccer-hooligan just wouldn't adapt well into live action, unless they want to go for a comedic B-Movie.

Darksied is a bit too complex to capture in one film, imo. Be rushed if he was the villain and it started and ended in one sitting.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
I want to see Metallo or Brainiac. Those two villains seem the most plausible for a single film.

Either would work well with a great writer and director.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Robtard
Lobo is a ridiculous character, a space-biker with the attitude of a soccer-hooligan just wouldn't adapt well into live action, unless they want to go for a comedic B-Movie.

Darksied is a bit too complex to capture in one film, imo. Be rushed if he was the villain and it started and ended in one sitting.
I was mainly asking about Darkseid, but I suppose I understand and agree now when you put it that way.

Also, what continuity-breaking power did Supes use in Superman IV that allowed him to instantly fix & rebuild the Great Wall of China after Nuclearman destroyed a great portion of it? haermm I never understood that.

K.Diddy
erm I still think the only real decent Superman movie was Superman 2.The original was ok,but it was a bit dull and that scene with Superman and Lois flying around while we are hearing Lois's thoughts,was just horrible in my opinion and didn't help the movie at all.

Ridley_Prime
From what I understand, it was originally a classic scene in the first movie, but became dull and pointless when they started reusing it (part for part) again and again in the later ones.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I was mainly asking about Darkseid, but I suppose I understand and agree now when you put it that way.

Also, what continuity-breaking power did Supes use in Superman IV that allowed him to instantly fix & rebuild the Great Wall of China after Nuclearman destroyed a great portion of it? haermm I never understood that.

Reeves Superman has on demand powers.

jhonyblack

Impediment
Way to bastardize my post, you dumb ass ad bot.

randypaul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.