Thanos Vs Champions Of Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Thanos

Vs

Wonder Woman
Achillies (full confidence)
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Hercules (marvel classic)
Thor (marvel)

keiththegreat
Thanos gets stomped.

SamZED
O.o

BobbyD
I don't know much about Achilles. Either way, the other 5 give him a good fight as is. And if Thanos is not looking, that lasso can end this in a hurry.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

chomperx9
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thanos gets stomped. always

TheTyrant
Thanos, easily.

Black bolt z
Lasso of truth then pound down.

Thanos loses everytime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z

Thanos loses everytime. Shields.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Shields. Matters shit.

quanchi112
Matters shit. Lasso can't make ti through a shield. LOL.

Black bolt z
Lasso can't make ti through a shield. LOL. Thor busts them like he did before with ease.+Originally posted by Black bolt z

Thanos loses everytime.

quanchi112
Thor busts them like he did before with ease.+ Thor's encased in forceblock. Shields.

Black bolt z
Thor's encased in forceblock. Shields. Not standard equipment.

Thor shatters them.

Lasso of truth.

Pound down.

quanchi112
Not standard equipment.

Thor shatters them.

Lasso of truth.

Pound down. It's on his own tech. LOL.

Thor doesn't have the power gem here like he did in blood and thunder. LOL.

Shields. Thanos, 1/1.

Black bolt z
It's on his own tech. LOL.

Thor doesn't have the power gem here like he did in blood and thunder. LOL.

Shields. Thanos, 1/1. Its not standard equipment.

He still shatters them. 2 or 3 hits should suffice.

Lasso. Team 100/100.

quanchi112
Its not standard equipment.

He still shatters them. 2 or 3 hits should suffice.

Lasso. Team 100/100. Yes, it is he just rarely uses it.

Nah, he doesn't have the power gem and can easily wave down Thor's hammer anytime he wants.

Thanos wins. smile

Black bolt z
Yes, it is he just rarely uses it.

Nah, he doesn't have the power gem and can easily wave down Thor's hammer anytime he wants.

Thanos wins. smile No its not. He has used the gun once on panel. In one arc. And has never used it again. He needs to sue it 3 times. Next.

He can wave it down while its coming at his face? Based on?

Based on nothing. Please stop trolling, bashing, and dodging.

quanchi112
No its not. He has used the gun once on panel. In one arc. And has never used it again. He needs to sue it 3 times. Next.

He can wave it down while its coming at his face? Based on?

Based on nothing. Please stop trolling, bashing, and dodging. He used it against Odin without the gun. Here comes this fantasy rule again of yours.

Him doing so in a comic.

Shields, forceblock, simple and it works.

Black bolt z
He used it against Odin without the gun. Here comes this fantasy rule again of yours.

Him doing so in a comic.

Shields, forceblock, simple and it works. Show him as he uses it. And then we still have the 3 time rule.

Thanos has never stopped thors hammer while thor is holding it and its coming down at it. Thor smashes it then smashes him.

Smash,Lasso,smash.Simple.

quanchi112
Show him as he uses it. And then we still have the 3 time rule.

Thanos has never stopped thors hammer while thor is holding it and its coming down at it. Thor smashes it then smashes him.

Smash,Lasso,smash.Simple. There's no three time rule you made that up, kid.

He did in a comic but don't worry I won't show you I like you not learning anything new. I won't help you ever with anything to grow as a poster.

The never touch him, shields.

Silent Master
Team wins.

From the rules

Kid Kurdy
Thanos, easily.
How does Thanos win ? Thor alone can and will give him a run for his money.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
How does Thanos win ? Thor alone can and will give him a run for his money. Thanos has beaten Thor with an amp before whenever he wanted to end the battle. Thor is nothing to Thanos.

Sirius77
Not standard equipment.

Thor shatters them.

Lasso of truth.

Pound down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
Thanos made it his standard equipment and when has Thor destroyed any of Thanos' shields outside that time he had the power gem ?

Kid Kurdy
Thanos has beaten Thor with an amp before whenever he wanted to end the battle. Thor is nothing to Thanos.
Lies.

Thor has always been a threat to Thanos, plain and simple. I agree Thanos is more powerful, but not that much.

You still haven't explained how Thanos will defeat 6 powerhouses.

Nihilist
laughing out loud Thor has never been a threat to Thanos.

Silent Master
If true, it would be because one of their fights was retconned.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Silent Master
If true, it would be because one of their fights was retconned. laughing out loud You mean when Thor had the belt of strength and Odin powered armor, becaue under his own power he was no match for Thanos.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud You mean when Thor had the belt of strength and Odin powered armor, becaue under his own power he was no match for Thanos.

Thanos was also amped in that story.

Nihilist
The Chalice of Tears did nothing to amp his own physical attributes, laughing out loud at least know what you're talking about.

Silent Master
You might want to take your own advice as it was the Chalice of Ruins, not the Chalice of Tears. Plus Thanos had the Stone of Illumination and yes the Chalice at the very least powered up his energy attacks.

Nihilist
Wow I got the names mixed up, whilst you have no idea that it never amped his energy attack at all, none of the artifacts amped his personalpower. If you have proof of it post it.

Silent Master
He was using an energy attack to end life in the universe, if he could have done that before drinking from the Chalice, there would have been no need for him to actually acquire it or the tears needed to power the Chalice.

Nihilist
*sigh* you just don't get it, the Chalice allowed him to effect life on the scale due to it properties. Thanos never used it against Thor in that same manner, because if he did Thor would have been done for. You also fail to notice Thanos (clone)had no amp in durabilty at all so , whilkst Thor still needed the Belt of strngth to put him down.

Silent Master
I get it, the Chalice powered him up, the comic made that very clear.

quanchi112
Lies.

Thor has always been a threat to Thanos, plain and simple. I agree Thanos is more powerful, but not that much.

You still haven't explained how Thanos will defeat 6 powerhouses. No, he hasn't and even at his best and with the power gem he was no threat and easily beaten by Thanos.Originally posted by Silent Master
I get it, the Chalice powered him up, the comic made that very clear. Then post proof.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos gets crushed into purple goo every single time by this team...

This is spite against Thanos...

Plain and simple...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos gets crushed into purple goo every single time by this team...

This is spite against Thanos...

Plain and simple... How does he lose ?

TheLordofMurder
How does he lose ?

By getting his face bashed in until his skull loses its structual integrity and collapses upon itself...

quanchi112
By getting his face bashed in until his skull loses its structual integrity and collapses upon itself... Shields mean they can't touch him.

TheLordofMurder
Are those shields going to keep Soul Suck out?

Silent Master
Are those shields going to keep Soul Suck out?

Thor could always absorb the energy or EMP the shields.

TheLordofMurder
Thor could always absorb the energy or EMP the shields.

In all truthfulness, Thor has never used an EMP attack; that is not in his powerset...

He negated Juggs forcefield, but it was not via EMP or absorbing the forcefield; he simply hedged out a portion of the power Juggs gets from Cytorrak (or however you spell his name)...

Silent Master
In all truthfulness, Thor has never used an EMP attack; that is not in his powerset...

He negated Juggs forcefield, but it was not via EMP or absorbing the forcefield; he simply hedged out a portion of the power Juggs gets from Cytorrak (or however you spell his name)...

He emp'd Ironman when they fought after Civil War.

TheLordofMurder
Oh yeah...he did do that didnt he?

Doh!!

I stand corrected then; Thor could negate Thanos's shields...although I would argue that Thanos's tech is better than Tony's...so its not a certainty that that would work against Thanos's shields (and Thanos's shields have been shown to be pretty dang good).

Silent Master
They been shown to be stronger, but I don't recall them ever being stated to be immune to EMP. and the burden would be on the side claiming his shields would be immune smile

TheLordofMurder
They been shown to be stronger, but I don't recall them ever being stated to be immune to EMP. and the burden would be on the side claiming his shields would be immune smile

Very true...

thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would be a tough test for the Titan as this a pretty good and versatile team. I just think his durability is such, that he could take what this team had to dish out and slowly start taking down people one at a time until they everyone was down before he would down.

quanchi112
Are those shields going to keep Soul Suck out? When has Thor ever sucked someone's soul out through a shield ?

Kid Kurdy
No, he hasn't and even at his best and with the power gem he was no threat and easily beaten by Thanos. Then post proof.
Again with the lies ?

Thanos did not beat Thor under his own power. You know that. He used a fancy weapon - how unlike Thanos.

You still haven't answered a very logical question: how will Thanos beat these powerhouses ? He has never faced 6 powerhouses alone before.

quanchi112
Again with the lies ?

Thanos did not beat Thor under his own power. You know that. He used a fancy weapon - how unlike Thanos.

You still haven't answered a very logical question: how will Thanos beat these powerhouses ? He has never faced 6 powerhouses alone before. His tech is his own power. LOL.

Thanos uses tech all the time I guess you don't believe Iron Man's tech is Iron Man's power either now if Thanos used someone else's tech then you'd have something but since this isn't the case you still don't.

Beating the snot out of them. He's faced far worse in Odin himself and withstood his barrage easily. While naked Thanos killed billions while mindless without a scratch on his handsome body.

Kid Kurdy
His tech is his own power. LOL.
No it's not. Really, it's not.

Kid Kurdy
By the way: you still haven't answered a very logical question: how will Thanos beat these powerhouses ? He has never faced 6 powerhouses alone before.

Nihilist
I get it, the Chalice powered him up, the comic made that very clear. Then post the proof of it boosting his energy attacks he used on Thor or his durability.

Nihilist
By the way: you still haven't answered a very logical question: how will Thanos beat these powerhouses ? He has never faced 6 powerhouses alone before. He doesnt have to had faced a team such as this to prove he could take them, when he was equal to Thor with the power gem who took down a team greater than this.

And Thanos has beaten Thor under his own power before.

Kid Kurdy
He doesnt have to had faced a team such as this to prove he could take them, when he was equal to Thor with the power gem who took down a team greater than this.
ABC-logic Happy Dance

Well, in your case it's really ABCDEFG-logic.

Nihilist
ABC-logic Happy Dance

Well, in your case it's really ABCDEFG-logic. Its not ABC logic at all, the same could be said for other characters who havent faced large groups but would be still given the win. Its not my fault your reasoning for your argument is shit as usual.

Silent Master

Nihilist

Kid Kurdy

Silent Master
Show me where it amped his energy attacks that he was using in battle against Thor and not controling/destroying life with.

Show me where it stated that it was only amping one of Thanos' attacks.

Nihilist
Of course Thanos was amped. But it's useless, he won't admit it. You dont even know what we are talking about. Do you think it amped his energy and Durability then.Originally posted by Silent Master
Show me where it stated that it was only amping one of Thanos' attacks. laughing out loud You started it, with it amped his energy attacks, so show it amping his energy attacks he was usng against Thor.

And this is the best you have Thor beating a clone.

Silent Master
You're claiming it amped one attack, but not the other. That means the burden is on you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
WHO CARES... IT WAS A CLONE.. and Thor was AMPED

Kid Kurdy
You dont even know what we are talking about. Do you think it amped his energy and Durability then. laughing out loud You started it, with it amped his energy attacks, so show it amping his energy attacks he was usng against Thor.

And this is the best you have Thor beating a clone.
I knew you were gonna say this. Now suddenly we all stress the fact that "It was just a clone, okay, so who cares who beat who !"

Lol at the hypocrisy.

And it was an AMPED clone.

Btw, wasn't it the clone who admitted Odin defeated him in the past ? Yes it was.

Nihilist
You're claiming it amped one attack, but not the other. That means the burden is on you. No, your claiming it amped all his attacks, because of the blast he sent out to destroy life elsewhere.

Thanos continued to fight Thor whilst continuing to fire his "death blast" to the heavens, so That means the burden is on you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Correct. He was firing SEPERATE blasts

Nihilist
I knew you were gonna say this. Now suddenly we all stress the fact that "It was just a clone, okay, so who cares who beat who !"

Lol at the hypocrisy.

And it was an AMPED clone.

Btw, wasn't it the clone who admitted Odin defeated him in the past ? Yes it was. Yeah the clone was amped, but not in his personal power he fought Thor with, whilst Thor was amped personaly for his fight in both durability and striking power. And so what if he said Odin defeated him, Odin did or you that thick you still dont know that.

Silent Master

Nihilist

Silent Master
You're the joke, seeing as you're claiming that the amp was limited to one attack, despite the fact that such was never stated in the story.

BTW, he wasn't using the Chalice to power the death blast, him drinking her tears from the Chalice is what powered him up, or did you miss him drinking from it and then having his entire body glow with energy?

Kid Kurdy
You're the joke, seeing as you're claiming that the amp was limited to one attack, despite the fact that such was never stated in the story.

BTW, he wasn't using the Chalice to power the death blast, him drinking her tears from the Chalice is what powered him up, or did you miss him drinking from it and then having his entire body glow with energy?
But... but... but it was never stated in the comic that his durability was amped !!! So it can't be !!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112

Nihilist
You're the joke, seeing as you're claiming that the amp was limited to one attack, despite the fact that such was never stated in the story.As appossed to you saying it amped all his attacks when he was only using it for the death blast.

So again, whatever he got from the Chalice he used for the blast fired skyward when his body was glowing.

Was Thanos durability amped then?

Silent Master
As appossed to you saying it amped all his attacks when he was only using it for the death blast.

So again, whatever he got from the Chalice he used for the blast fired skyward when his body was glowing.

Was Thanos durability amped then?

Prove that he was only using the amp for one blast.

Nihilist
But... but... but it was never stated in the comic that his durability was amped !!! So it can't be !!!

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud See you dont have a clue, Silent Master says it amped his energy attacks(because of his death blast) what proof do you have it amped his durability then.

Lets see if you can actually answer something instead of being a cheerleader.

Nihilist
Prove that he was only using the amp for one blast. Concession accepted on each point.

Silent Master
Concession accepted on each point.

His energy was obviously amped, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fire a death blast at all.

If you're going to claim that the amp only effected one attack, the burden is on you.

Nihilist
His energy was obviously amped, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fire a death blast at all.

If you're going to claim that the amp only effected one attack, the burden is on you. You claimed it amped all his attack, despite him constantly firing his death blast(which you claimed he used the what he got from the Chalice for), so the burden of proof is on you.

Concession accepted on Thanos durability not being amped.

Silent Master
Again, His energy was obviously amped, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fire a death blast at all.

If you're going to claim that the amp only effected one attack, the burden is on you.

zopzop
I actually think Thanos takes this with only moderate difficulty.

Nihilist
Again, His energy was obviously amped, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fire a death blast at all.

If you're going to claim that the amp only effected one attack, the burden is on you. concession accepted due to your total lack of proof on something you stated first.

vince_slice
Originally posted by zopzop
I actually think Thanos takes this with only moderate difficulty.

I agree.

Silent Master
I proved that his energy was amped, I've met my burden.

Nihilist
I proved that his energy was amped, I've met my burden.

yes the Chalice at the very least powered up his energy attacks. Where did you prove it amped all his energy attacks.

Silent Master
If it didn't amp his energy attacks he wouldn't have been able to fire the death blast.

Nihilist
If it didn't amp his energy attacks he wouldn't have been able to fire the death blast. So are you saying it amped all his energy blasts.

Silent Master
It amped his energy, he then used that energy to fire the "death blast" and also to blast Thor.

Nihilist
It amped his energy, he then used that energy to fire the "death blast" and also to blast Thor. So youre saying it amped all his energy attacks then, so prove it was his death energy blasts he was hitting Thor with.

Silent Master
Again, I've met my burden, It's your turn.

Nihilist
Again, I've met my burden, It's your turn. Nah, you havent not in the slightest. So post proof or we'll do this all day.

Silent Master
I accept your concession.

Nihilist
So youre saying it amped all his energy attacks then, so prove it was his death energy blasts he was hitting Thor with.
No answer againOriginally posted by Silent Master
I accept your concession.

Silent Master

Nihilist

Rage.Of.Olympus
I thought it was made pretty clear Thanos was amped:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosdefeated2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosdefeated3.jpg

Holding the chalice in one hand, casually annihilating life across the Universe with the other. IIRC, he effortlessly one shot some far away planet killing billions.

I thought his physical stats were amped as well. Once the stone of illumination was destroyed and he screamed all was lost, he went down pretty quick.

I'll re-read the arc later in the week I guess.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I thought it was made pretty clear Thanos was amped:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosdefeated2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AmpedThanosdefeated3.jpg

Holding the chalice in one hand, casually annihilating life across the Universe with the other. IIRC, he effortlessly one shot some far away planet killing billions.

I thought his physical stats were amped as well. Once the stone of illumination was destroyed and he screamed all was lost, he went down pretty quick.

I'll re-read the arc later in the week I guess. So he was casually annihilating life across the Universe, yet Firelord could shield himself from a blast and was fine laughing out loud

Silent Master
Youve already admitted it amped his energy attacks due to his death blast which according to you was the same one he hit Thor with, but as usual you havent proven jack shit.

So did the amp help all his blast or not? laughing out loud like you have the balls to answer.

Again, the comic clearly shows that Thanos was amped.

Deal with it.

Nihilist
Again, the comic clearly shows that Thanos was amped.

Deal with it. Bwahaha, after all your bullshit and still no proof.

Concession accepted.

Silent Master
Bwahaha, after all your bullshit and still no proof.

Concession accepted.

Again, the comic shows him drinking from the Chalice, then glowing with energy and commenting that he can feel it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Forgot about that.

So he was casually annihilating life across the Universe, yet Firelord could shield himself from a blast and was fine laughing out loud

Firelord apparently barely being able to block some random energy backlash isn't an argument. At least not one that can support your stance.

What is it exactly that you're denying? That Thanos' energy wasn't amped? That's asinine.

IIRC, it was stated -by Odin perhaps- if Thanos were to finally gain the power, he would begin unleashing waves of death across the entire Universe. And when he first one shotted the planet, it was outright stated that he was elevated -amped- beyond measure.

And for whatever it's worth, I believe Firelord admitted that even he could not enter the energy web that Thanos blasted Thor with.

The only thing you could even begin to contest is whether or not his physical strength was amped. I thought it was clear it was an across the board amp. He was glowing with power and a Mjolnir throw literally bounced off of him.

Nihilist
Again, the comic shows him drinking from the Chalice, then glowing with energy and commenting that he can feel it. Which has nothing to do with what you said about his death blast which he also hit Thor with according to you.

Nihilist
Firelord apparently barely being able to block some random energy backlash isn't an argument. At least not one that can support your stance.

What is it exactly that you're denying? That Thanos' energy wasn't amped? That's asinine.

IIRC, it was stated -by Odin perhaps- if Thanos were to finally gain the power, he would begin unleashing waves of death across the entire Universe. And when he first one shotted the planet, it was outright stated that he was elevated -amped- beyond measure.

For whatever it's worth, Firelord admitted that even he could not enter the energy web that Thanos blasted Thor with. Thor took the same back lash of energy that Firelord blocked.

Silent Master
Which has nothing to do with what you said about his death blast which he also hit Thor with according to you.

"Death blast" is just a name you gave to the blast he fired off planet. you have zero proof that it was any different than the blast he hit Thor with.

Nihilist
"Death blast" is just a name you gave to the blast he fired off planet. you have zero proof that it was any different than the blast he hit Thor with. Zero proof it was different, you mean apart from the size and width of the blast or the amount of energy show in the blast and the fact Thanos fired from his eyes not his hands.

And you have zero proof it wanst any different.

Silent Master
Zero proof it was different, you mean apart from the size and width of the blast or the amount of energy show in the blast and the fact Thanos fired from his eyes not his hands.

And you have zero proof it wanst any different.

Check again, when he first starts firing the blast into space, it isn't very wide.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor took the same back lash of energy that Firelord blocked.

Good job refuting everything. thumb up

Thor was the main target of the attack. As far as I can tell, Firelord blocked one of those spikes of energy that broke off from ground zero.

Once again: Does not support your stance.

Nihilist
Check again, when he first starts firing the blast into space, it isn't very wide. its wider and has more energy than the one he fires with his eyes.

Silent Master
its wider and has more energy than the one he fires with his eyes.

Wider doesn't prove more energy.

Nihilist
Wider doesn't prove more energy. laughing out loud youre an idiot. Thanos hand blast was wide enough it caused a huge hole in planet killing 41 billion people.

Silent Master
laughing out loud youre an idiot. Thanos hand blast was wide enough it caused a huge hole in planet killing 41 billion people.

They were that wide after traveling how many thousands of miles?

Black bolt z
Team still stomps.

They have the right equipment to take him down.

Nihilist
They were that wide after traveling how many thousands of miles? I pressume youve read the comic after all youve said on the matter, this is another dodge answer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What exactly is it that you two are discussing? The width of the attacks? The energy web engulfing Thor was wider than the energy blast emanating from Thanos' hand.

Nihilist
What exactly is it that you two are discussing? The width of the attacks? The energy web engulfing Thor was wider than the energy blast emanating from Thanos' hand. Wider than the huge hole in the surface of the planet that killed 41 billion people in the process.

Silent Master
What exactly is it that you two are discussing? The width of the attacks? The energy web engulfing Thor was wider than the energy blast emanating from Thanos' hand.

He's trying to claim that wider blast equals more power used.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Illogical.

Wider than the huge hole in the surface of the planet that killed 41 billion people in the process.

I assumed that was simply the planet exploding. IIRC, the beam was narrow like it was when it left his hand up. When it struck, she just went boom.

The attack would have to have gotten suddenly much more wider when it struck the planet.

Nihilist
Illogical.

I assumed that was simply the planet exploding. IIRC, the beam was narrow like it was when it left his hand up. When it struck, she just went boom.

The attack would have to have gotten suddenly much more wider when it struck the planet. For f*cks sake it clear as day how wide the blast is compared to his eyes beam.

Silent Master
For f*cks sake it clear as day how wide the blast is compared to his eyes beam.

Does wider always mean more powerful?

Black bolt z
Does wider always mean more powerful? No.

Rage.Of.Olympus
For f*cks sake it clear as day how wide the blast is compared to his eyes beam.

It is. The energy web engulfing Thor, is wider than the energy emanating from his hands. But I digress, size=/=power. The God Blast is a great example.

vince_slice
The Chalice isn't depicted as amping Thanos' own personal power. Odin said It's used to unleash a sequence of wave after wave of death onto the universe. I think Thor also mentions it initiating sequence of events that unleash death to the universe.

Thanos himself makes it clear and explains it as "activating a singular event known in whispers as the finality, the ending of all" and you activate it by just drinking from the chalice. Keywords are "activating" and "singular event"...

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=thanoscloneenhanced6.jpg

Basically drinking from the Chalice activates an event. The event being called the "finality," which is explained by Odin and Thor as just an event where a sequence of waves of death spread across the universe. They don't mention it amping Thanos' personal power at all as far as I know.

Regardless, even without the chalice's power, Thanos was depicted in a vision to kill Thor with his eye beams http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=thanoscloneblaststhor.jpg

There are other instances where Thor tries to attack Thanos and fails miserably. There's one instance where Thor attacks Mangog with a thunder blast and hurts him. He tried the exact attack on Thanos and literally doesn't phase Thanos at all, doesn't even make him flinch.

There's also the other feat where Thor take's Thanos' eyebeams (the ones that kill Thor in the vision), multiplies the power by 100, and shoots it directly back at Thanos. Thanos after being blasted simply teleports back and is literally un-phased with out a scratch on him.

Silent Master
Right and the "event" just happens to come out of his hand like a regular blast. The description was just dramatic license.

vince_slice
Right and the "event" just happens to come out of his hand like a regular blast. The description was just dramatic license.

I can't help you if you choose to ignore on panel text and ignore the other evidence of Thanos being depicted above Thor in the story.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by vince_slice
The Chalice isn't depicted as amping Thanos' own personal power. Odin said It's used to unleash a sequence of wave after wave of death onto the universe. I think Thor also mentions it initiating sequence of events that unleash death to the universe.

Thanos himself makes it clear and explains it as "activating a singular event known in whispers as the finality, the ending of all" and you activate it by just drinking from the chalice. Keywords are "activating" and "singular event"...

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=thanoscloneenhanced6.jpg

Basically drinking from the Chalice activates an event. The event being called the "finality," which is explained by Odin and Thor as just an event where a sequence of waves of death spread across the universe. They don't mention it amping Thanos' personal power at all as far as I know.

Based on what I remember and your own scan, the chalice clearly did amp Thanos' personal power (Can't believe this is actually being argued). This allowed him to unleash waves of death across the Universe through this power.

He basically unleashed a continuous blast of energy into space that killed everything in it's path (Which is why he stayed in that one position I'm assuming) but it also explains his energy attacks against Thor.

The event thing is obviously just dramatic license. It's obviously not a singular event. Thanos even stopped unleashing the blast to engage in battle with Thor.

Regardless, even without the chalice's power, Thanos was depicted in a vision to kill Thor with his eye beams http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=thanoscloneblaststhor.jpg

Key word vision, and IIRC, that was after Mangog gave Thor one of the craziest beatings I've ever seen.

There are other instances where Thor tries to attack Thanos and fails miserably. There's one instance where Thor attacks Mangog with a thunder blast and hurts him. He tried the exact attack on Thanos and literally doesn't phase Thanos at all, doesn't even make him flinch.

There's also the other feat where Thor take's Thanos' eyebeams (the ones that kill Thor in the vision), multiplies the power by 100, and shoots it directly back at Thanos. Thanos after being blasted simply teleports back and is literally un-phased with out a scratch on him.

Have to double check on that.

Pretty sure Thanos was temporarily knocked out (I think the Recorder even pointed that out).

Black bolt z
How is this even up for debate? This team stomps him.

Silent Master
I can't help you if you choose to ignore on panel text and ignore the other evidence of Thanos being depicted above Thor in the story.

The scan shows him drinking from the Chalice, glowing for a few seconds while commenting that he can feel it and then pointing his arm skyward and firing a blast.

His words aren't the law, he isn't the narrator.

vince_slice
Based on what I remember and your own scan, the chalice clearly did amp Thanos' personal power (Can't believe this is actually being argued). This allowed him to unleash waves of death across the Universe through this power.

He basically unleashed a continuous blast of energy into space that killed everything in it's path (Which is why he stayed in that one position I'm assuming) but it also explains his energy attacks against Thor.

The event thing is obviously just dramatic license. It's obviously not a singular event. Thanos even stopped unleashing the blast to engage in battle with Thor.

It says on panel it initiates an event, the event even has a name "the finality". They wouldn't give the event a name if all the chalice did was amp Thanos' own power, that makes no sense. Thanos can choose to initiate the event whenever he wants and can stop it by not drinking the chalice, which was depicted.

The way the chalice is depicted isn't like the cosmic cube or infinity gems, more like it's the key that initiates the waves of death via drinking.

If the chalice did personally amp Thanos' own power like the cosmic cube, then it makes no sense that Thor would survive a blast from Thanos with or without his armour and belt.

vince_slice
The scan shows him drinking from the Chalice, glowing for a few seconds while commenting that he can feel it and then pointing his arm skyward and firing a blast.

His words aren't the law, he isn't the narrator.

You can't just look at the pretty pictures in comics. You have to read too. Words add context. Without them, images can be extremely subjective.

Silent Master
They didn't give it a name, Thanos did and his description doesn't match what was actually shown.

BobbyD
Does wider always mean more powerful?

Women tend to think so. shifty

Silent Master
Originally posted by BobbyD
Women tend to think so. shifty

Nihilist is a woman? confused

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually they did give it a name. I don't know how this is even being debated still. Drinking was for a SINGULAR event... not to amp Thanos's overall power. The narration makes this crystal clear that this was for a singular event.. even called the Finality

BobbyD
Nihilist is a woman? confused

laughing out loud

That's not what I meant.

I was actually referring to the size of....uh, er.........the male reproductive organ.

laughing

vince_slice
They didn't give it a name, Thanos did and his description doesn't match what was actually shown.

Like I said, I can't help you if you flat out deny things on panel and create crazy excuses to ignore the on-panel text.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It says on panel it initiates an event, the event even has a name "the finality". They wouldn't give the event a name if all the chalice did was amp Thanos' own power, that makes no sense. Thanos can choose to initiate the event whenever he wants and can stop it by not drinking the chalice, which was depicted.

The way the chalice is depicted isn't like the cosmic cube or infinity gems, more like it's the key that initiates the waves of death via drinking.

If the chalice did personally amp Thanos' own power like the cosmic cube, then it makes no sense that Thor would survive a blast from Thanos with or without his armour and belt.

How can it be an event? That makes no sense. Thanos drank from the Chalice, went Super Saiyan, and started blasting into space. That's not an event, that's Thanos fulfilling his fantasy of death across the Universe. To go even further, Thanos outright stopped and went on to fight Thor.

Uh huh.

Well he did. It's a high showing is all.

Silent Master
Post the narration then.

Silent Master
Like I said, I can't help you if you flat out deny things on panel and create crazy excuses to ignore the on-panel text.

Character statements aren't always accurate or even true.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually they did give it a name. I don't know how this is even being debated still. Drinking was for a SINGULAR event... not to amp Thanos's overall power. The narration makes this crystal clear that this was for a singular event.. even called the Finality

I don't understand how there's any debate about Thanos' power being amped. Ming boggling.

He drank from the Chalice, claimed he felt the power and started blasting planets and shit.

He was even directing the same type of energy at Thor, and chose to stop in order to battle.

Perhaps it was an event, but it's an event in the most loose of terms.

My opinion? The finality was an "event" in the sense that if anyone nihilistic/evil gained control of the Chalice, they could go on to kill everything.

It wasn't something set off ala the Fifth Element.

vince_slice
How can it be an event? That makes no sense. Thanos drank from the Chalice, went Super Saiyan, and started blasting into space. That's not an event, that's Thanos fulfilling his fantasy of death across the Universe. To go even further, Thanos outright stopped when he chose to and went on to fight Thor.

Uh huh.

Well he did. It's a high showing.

It's an event because it says on panel that it's a singular event called the finality. The name of the event "finality" is even bolded in the scan I posted.

Odin and Thor also described the chalice as activating a sequence of events or sequence of death across the universe. They don't mention it amping Thanos' personal power as far as I know.

High showing? That's not consistent with the comic itself, when regular Thor was shown to not even phase regular Thanos. Yet "super saiyan" Thanos who has the power to kill the universe is stopped by Thor with just a belt and armour. I'm pretty sure the Chalice is depicted to be more powerful than Thor's belt and armour.

vince_slice
I don't understand how there's any debate about Thanos' power being amped. Ming boggling.

He drank from the Chalice, claimed he felt the power and started blasting planets and shit.

He was even directing the same type of energy at Thor, and chose to stop in order to battle.

Perhaps it was an event, but it's an event in the most loose of terms.

My opinion? The finality was an "event" in the sense that if anyone nihilistic/evil gained control of the Chalice, they could go on to kill everything.

It wasn't something set off ala the Fifth Element.

If that were the case, then Thanos would of just drank the cup and tossed it out and start killing everything.

That's not the case though, to initiate the event and keep it continually going, Thanos needed to continuously drink from the chalice. This is exactly what was shown. It even says on panel to initiate the event you must drink from the chalice.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bookmarked. I'll get to this later in the week, as I need to re-read the event before I can go in depth and "detaily".

Get back to you in maybe two days or so. Worst case scenario, the weekend. Exams are coming so I'm a bit busy.

Black bolt z
Bookmarked. I'll get to this later in the week, as I need to re-read the event before I can go in depth and "detaily".

Get back to you in maybe two days or so. Worst case scenario, the weekend. Exams are coming so I'm a bit busy. Screw exams Rage! Thats what I do hmph

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're like in the 5th grade.

Black bolt z
You're like in the 5th grade. 8th mad

vince_slice

Get back to you in maybe two days or so. Worst case scenario, the weekend. Exams are coming so I'm a bit busy.

Alright we'll see by then, hopefully I remember about this thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
PM you.

8th mad

Prove it.

Black bolt z
PM you.

Prove it. How?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>